Newbie starter kit thread: FREE GIFTS for active new members

A general welcome message to all new members! All new members are invited and urged to make this thread their FIRST port of call. Please do **NOT** start a new thread in THIS forum - just add to the one long one. In all OTHER forums start as many NEW ones as you wish!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

joelk
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Newbie starter kit thread: FREE GIFTS for active new members

Post by joelk »

Jump to: ***May 31, 2018 - Updated list of available Gifts up to Gift #87***

December 25, 2015 update - Gifts still available up to gift #58.

To all our new members, welcome to Stampboards!

This is where you can come to be rewarded for your early active participation in our community.

Established members (anyone with more than 20 days/20 posts) will be posting gifts here or 'starter sets'.

To claim a gift on this thread, you must:

1) Be a new Stampboards member, with at least 10 posts at the time of claiming their Gift, and have been a member for at least 7 days, and not more than 30 days, when making the request - one of which posts must be in the "Roll Call" thread, that all members must introduce themselves on - https://tinyurl.com/RollCallSB

AND

2) Have contributed at least 3 philatelic posts, not including any request for freebies anywhere, and at least one of your posts will have included a philatelic image anywhere (posted in the thread, not as a link) - preferably an item(s) from your collection. This is to ensure you are fully active, and have hopefully learnt how to post images onto the board - a very simple and essential process.

There are very few other rules:

A) Only one gift per new member.

B) You must claim your gift on this thread by posting here, and very clearly specify which gift from which member you are selecting. Each gift goes to the first qualified member to claim it.

It is the gift giver who will contact you via email to confirm that you are taking his/her gift. He/she will at the same time post here to acknowledge that they agree you have qualified to receive the gift, or that they feel you have not, as the case may be.

You have 24 hours from the time you receive that email to respond, and provide your mailing address direct to the member providing the gift.

Past this delay, the member providing the gift can announce that the gift is back in play for the next new member who claims it.

C) The member providing the gift is the sole decider of your qualification to receive it, i.e. that you satisfy points 1 and 2 above.

D) Anyone trying to get extra gifts by registering duplicate identities will be banned for life by Admin, with no recourse.

E) The gift will be entirely free. Giving members will not charge for the gift, or any postage.

Some housekeeping:

- To keep the thread tidy I (or any admin who would like to help) will mark the posts showing the gifts already taken in this thread.

- Gift giving members will number their gift in sequential order so they can be easily identified.

- The gift giving member must make sure that their gift stays available at least for 60 days and as long as it is shown on this thread and has not been picked up by a newbie.

If for any reason the gift giving member must withdraw the gift after the 60 days, he/she will need to contact a Moderator to remove it from the thread.

We encourage members to allow their gift to remain available indefinitely until it is picked up.

- It is good manners for the newbie receiving a gift to post on this thread that the gift has arrived safely.

So without further ado, I will post the first gift, from Belgium (not surprisingly). It's a complete used set of the definitive set issued in the 1970's, showing King Baudouin.

It was designed and engraved by Harry Elstrom. I'm also adding a set of two souvenir sheets, also showing Baudouin, and issued in 1976 for his silver Jubilee:

GIFT 1 - claimed by Scole

Norbert Jenkins
RUBY Gemstone Stampboard BARONET!

Re: The Newbie starter kit thread - gifts for active new mem

Post by Norbert Jenkins »

Howdy Joel,

Great idea and something I think I should get involved with. This board (and of course the members that are on it) have given me more knowledge than I probably realise. It's time for me to give something back.

So, on the 'gift giver' side of things, couple of quick questions:

1) Are there any minimum criteria to be a gift giver?
2) Are there any limitations on what should / should not be offered as a gift? For example any guide range of expected retail value or catalogue value?
3) Any guidelines as to what types of gifts you are looking for (sets, random samplings from a country, 'all-world' selection, kiloware, etc)
4) Is there any limit on the number of gifts a single person can offer?

Thanks for leading the charge in generosity of both time and stamps yet again, Joel! Your generosity has prompted me to try and do my (small) part for this community of ours. Thanks for the inspiration!

joelk

Post by joelk »

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for reacting so quickly and positively! To answer your questions:

1) No minimum criteria to be a gift giver other than the minimum 20 days/20 posts.
2) No limitations on the gifts. I would say to use common sense in not going overboard on the one hand, so this does not inflate in such a way that too few members would feel comfortable posting gifts, and on the other hand to make sure the gifts are attractive enough to motivate our new members to be active.
3) No restrictions on the type of gift, be it theme, country, mint or used, etc...
4) No limits on the number of gifts a single person can offer.

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada stamper

Post by Canada stamper »

Very nice idea Joel! I'd like to contribute something.

GIFT 2 - Taken by RMoody

A complete set of used stamps issued by Japan in 1999 for the 50th anniversary of the Central and Pacific Baseball Leagues, featuring mascots wearing team uniforms.

Here is the list of teams:

Top row
Yokohama Bay Stars
Chunichi Dragons
Seibu Lions
Nippon Ham Fighters

Middle row
Yomiuri Giants
Yakult Swallows
Orix Blue Wave
Fukuoka Daiei Hawks

Bottom row
Hiroshima Toyo Carp
Hanshin Tigers
Kintetsu Buffaloes
Chiba Lotte Marines

Jean :D
Always looking for new swap partners: Swap thread (INDEX of Lots in first post)
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.

joelk

Post by joelk »

Jean,

That's great! And a really neat set. :D

Thank you so much for joining in this effort. My hope is that this will encourage more active membership early on so that all our discussions can be enriched with the energy, intelligence and knowledge of our new members.

I was a longtime lurker before I joined the board, and know that with everything that is a little bit unknown, it is sometimes difficult and in some cases intimidating to join discussions with people who are often much more knowledgeable or articulate than I am.

That was also my experience early on in my membership here, where I refrained from expressing myself sometimes for fear of being too approximate in the things I would contribute, or frankly looking a bit ridiculous at times. This tends to slow us all down.

So this is why I launched this thread: of the new members who joined the last 20 days, only about 12% have more than 5 posts.

This percentage will rise, to be sure, but since the Admin team, helped by our excellent tech support, is really good at filtering out fakes and trolls, a vast majority of our new members, as evidenced by their first greeting post, are real collectors, attracted to this great site by their passion. They sometimes just need, as we all do, a little nudge to get going.

This, hopefully, will be a good way to help them overcome their early shyness, and encourage them to learn the (quite simple) ropes of active participation here.

So I thank you, Norbert, and all the more seasoned members who will be joining us in animating this thread, and of course I also thank all our new members for their efforts in becoming active and learning how to post pictures and join the many discussions here.

I am sure you will look back to these early days of membership with fondness, and with this thread, you can also have a nice memento of that time in your philatelic life.

May you all have fun and enjoy our great hobby on Stampboards for a long time to come! :D

Cheers,
Joel.

Tom Koh
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by Tom Koh »

Oh Gee,

I just went past 20 posts ..... Image

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Tom Koh wrote:Oh Gee,

I just went past 20 posts ..... Image
A superb opportunity then to join our generous member Community here, and offer a gift, and not just look for one. 8) :mrgreen:

Admin

Canada stamper

Post by Canada stamper »

I just noticed that it's my 2 year anniversary of joining Stampboards! I too was a bit shy at first. I had never joined a forum and hesitated about putting myself out there, but I took the plunge and have never looked back!

I've had great help from the very knowledgeable members here, tried to help others and contribute knowledge where I could, and made many new friends.

And Stampboards members were very generous when my daughter Naomi showed interest in collecting stamps, and now she's well on her way! :D :D

I think this is a wonderful gesture Joel to encourage new members. If there is interest I will be contributing more gifts...

Jean
Last edited by Canada stamper on 09 Nov 2013 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Always looking for new swap partners: Swap thread (INDEX of Lots in first post)
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.

new12collector
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by new12collector »

The other offers are all high quality... So to equalize things here's a larger quantity of (much more common) stamps

Lot of 200 used USA commemoratives.

Offer 3 - taken by PAPIYA DEY

fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

Happy to play as well. A couple of Australian postally used booklets from me, which from my count, is gift No. 4.

GIFT 4 - taken by Wattsup

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

joelk

Post by joelk »

Perfect! Thank you very much Norm and Ben!

Well the table has been set and the dishes served...We are now waiting for the guests...

Cheers,
Joel.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

A great initiative from Joel. 8)

We ALL have a few odds and sods around the stamp desk that do not fit our collecting spheres and would be perfect for someone else who DOES collects that area.

Fletches1 and I are about to update the server back-end, and the sign up wording sent to all new members - the first change for a year or two. So we will now update that wording, so this great idea can be outlined and linked to all the new members - precisely the group to whom it is aimed. 8)

Clearly this initiative will be be hard/impossible to follow unless the generous members here NUMBER their offer.

It is new, so easy to rectify that. :mrgreen:

Please preface all offers as "GIFT SEVEN" etc, so new members can nominate the exact gift that best fits their collecting interests best.

My first thought is that removing any member offer may not be the best path. If someone offers 6 x 1970s commercial covers to Syria from France, it may sit there a while, but be a PERFECT gift for a new member at some time. 8)

Glen

joelk

Post by joelk »

OK, that's uncanny! :D

I just sent you an email suggesting exactly that, ie include the link in the registration email. A bit eerie I'd say... :shock: 8)

OK, you are right, let's not delete gifts even if they stay there longer. If for any reason members want to withdraw them at some point (but not before the 30 days I'd suggest) they can just get in touch with us mods and we will take care of it.

Agree also on the numbering. I will change wording in the initial post to reflect this.

Cheers,
Joel.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Joel and I have had a chat about this new idea today, and we have slightly fine tuned the eligibility rules, to ensure this is a magnet for a lot of new members. :)

We hope a lot of new folks joining us get in the habit of posting right away, and if that gives them a freebie, well that is a welcome into our Community.

It is all an experiment in motion, and we may well fine tune it more as we move along.

We urge ALL members to look around their desk for something unusual that you do not collect, and list it up here FREE for a future new member.

Clearly this idea will only succeed if a steady number of new offers are made each week, from senior members.

I'll add a postcard below I just found. We all have this kind of thing laying around, and a new member somewhere will hopefully enjoy it more than I have been doing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, a really great initiative from Joel, and I am sure we will see posts here from Member X saying it is his post 3, that in 2 years we will see from his member count under avatar, has passed 1000 posts!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

GIFT 5 - Taken
Nice item for a Music lover! The Berlin pair are cancelled August 19th with BAYREUTH special cancel, and the extra Huess Germany 50Pf Defin is cancelled August 20, also at BAYREUTH. Rather Unusual.

Let's see some more gift pledges folks! :mrgreen:

Glen

PBR
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: The Newbie starter kit thread - GIFTS for active new mem

Post by PBR »

GIFT 6 - Taken by stevestamp

A lot of six airmail postal stationeries from Pakistan, Austria, Yugoslavia and India looking for a new home.

Cheers,

pbr
Postal history: Aerogrammes. Routing Instructions Dutch East Indies. Air mail to/from Asia up to 1945. Germany pre-WW2 air mails, Germany post-WW2 covers.
My blog: https://aerogramme-airletters.blogspot.de/

joelk

Post by joelk »

Thank you Glen! And thank you to those of you who have participated in this thread. I know many others will join as well.

We all want to share as much information and great material on Stampboards as possible.

Helping our numerous new members feel comfortable contributing here is part of this process, and many of us enjoy contributing to it.

Based on several emails I have received from other longstanding members, it is also a thoroughly enjoyable activity. I share this feeling.

Let's all continue to make this great stamp collecting community the best there is on the web (ar anywhere else for that matter! :D )

Cheers,
Joel.

JKA
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by JKA »

Great initiative, but I must say, 5 post isn’t much space to find this post. I ‘m here for a month now, and saw this post, just today. Certainly in the beginning, and if you don’t watch every day on this board, your be overwhelm with new posts.

Should there be a time limited for the 5 post rule? Something about, only available in the first 60 days of registration?

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

leemmaps wrote:Great initiative, but I must say, 5 post isn’t much space to find this post. I ‘m here for a month now, and saw this post, just today. Certainly in the beginning, and if you don’t watch every day on this board, your be overwhelm with new posts.
Good point.

However we will start adding a link to this thread to all new member activation emails so they DO know there are free gifts for the taking - so that will not be an issue. :mrgreen:

We think of everything. :lol:

JKA

Post by JKA »

Global Administrator wrote:
leemmaps wrote:Great initiative, but I must say, 5 post isn’t much space to find this post. I ‘m here for a month now, and saw this post, just today. Certainly in the beginning, and if you don’t watch every day on this board, your be overwhelm with new posts.
Good point.

However we will start adding a link to this thread to all new member activation emails so they DO know there are free gifts for the taking - so that will not be an issue. :mrgreen:

We think of everything. :lol:

Oke, keep up with the good work

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Newbie starter kit thread: FREE GIFTS for active new mem

GIFT 7 - claimed by mx5schmidt 2/3/14

Commercial cover IRAN to Australia in 1957 from ABADAN Iran. Colorful franking inc the high value 50D Shah - a high cat stamp even used OFF cover. To top it all off - on stationary of the "Blue Bonnet Hotel" in San Atonio Texas.

jonattwood

Post by jonattwood »

Great idea,I hope it takes off.

Here's one from me, GIFT 8 - Taken by ChrisW

Tuva 1935 Landscapes set SG 61 - 67 unused.

It was the stamps of Tuva that first got me interested in more than just sticking random bits of paper in a book.

I got a catalogue, learnt about perfs etc because of these former packet stamps, hopefully they can inspire another newbie just like they did for me.

Jon.
I collect Bermuda, and to a lesser extent The Russian Republics pre WW2, particularly Tuva.

PAPIYA DEY
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by PAPIYA DEY »

Hello,
I want Gift - 3.

AMark

Post by AMark »

Joel,

This is a great idea for a thread. :D

GIFT 9 - Taken by mintstamps, nikster1987 and Sergijus)

Superman Souvenir Sheet on a cover.

Cheers!
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Cover Exchange Celebrating 10th Anniversary!
October 2021 Cover Exchange Participant List ..... OR .... October 2021 Postcard Exchange Participant List

Norbert Jenkins

PAPIYA DEY wrote:Hello,
I want Gift - 3.
Congratulations, PAPIYA DEY, looks like we have our first new member taking up this great new offer :D

Glen / Joel, please can you clarify for me what happens at this stage, so that when I get around to listing my gift(s) and someone takes one, I know what to do.

Also, will 'Gift 3' be marked 'taken', or similar, to avoid someone else asking for it in future?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to understand how it all works while we get into the swing of this new and maybe unique board feature.

If this takes 'get a gift when you join' feature takes off, we could be at 20,000 users within another year I think! Glen, maybe this new thread is something you could write about in your 'December newsletter' - just a thought (and no doubt one you've already had).

Final question (for now). I've got a couple of lots that I'm in two minds to offer. However, I hesitate as they are used items that clearly came from a smoky home. I've been meaning to wash and then desert-magic them for ages, but just won't get round to it. Is it acceptable to offer this as a gift, if I note 'some work needed'? If I had time to detox them first, I would have added them to my collection already. Thoughts?

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Norbert Jenkins wrote:Glen / Joel, please can you clarify for me what happens at this stage, so that when I get around to listing my gift(s) and someone takes one, I know what to do.

Also, will 'Gift 3' be marked 'taken', or similar, to avoid someone else asking for it in future?
My understanding is that the donor will eMail the person requesting the gift which must be claimed in-thread first for a postal address. Once done the gift can be posted, and a Mod will mark the gift post as taken.

It would also be nice if the new member could be somewhat polite in their request for a gift freely given.

Norm

joelk

Post by joelk »

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for your questions.

As per the first post, the giver (in this case New12collector) will email the taker, in this case Papiya Dey so that he can get his mailing address to send the gift. I will add in the rules that the giver must also post here to confirm that they accept (or as the case may be does not accept) that the taker has fulfilled the conditions, ie that he has, in the opinion of the taker made the requisite posts.

Also if the taker has not responded to the giver's email within 24 hours, then the giver can post here to say that the lot is back in play.

And yes, as mentioned in the first post as well, when I (or any other admin) sees the confirmation from the giver that all is in order and he/she will mail the gift, I will mark the gift as taken in the giver's post (we have magic powers to edit posts at any time...)

As to the condition of the lot you offer, it is indeed up to you. I don't think we want to impose anything in that regard. Only to use common sense as to what you would think is appropriate and reasonably attractive if you put yourself in the shoes of the potential recipients.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to ask these questions. I'm sure this will help others as well.
Cheers,
Joel.

PS: I just saw Norm's post which he made as I was typing this. I share his sentiments with regard to the post of the taker. I also refrained from making a judgement here on whether Papiya Dey is qualified to receive the gift based on the rules, since we are giving total discretion to the giver, in this case New12collector.

Norbert Jenkins

fromdownunder wrote:It would also be nice if the new member could be somewhat polite in their request for a gift freely given.

Norm
I did think that too, Norm. Perhaps attributable to cultural differences?

Thanks for the clarifications (and to Joel too)!

I know some of what I was asking was in the first few posts, but didn't know if anything had been subtley modified while this thread was 'behind the magic curtain'

PS I assume thought has been put into the possible situation where someone signs up, claims a gift and then never contributes to StampBoards discussions?

Edit: Not wanting to derail anything off topic, but the minimum requirements are 'less than 5 posts at the time of claiming', but 'at least 3 philatelic posts' and 'at least one picture post'. Given new members have to post in the 'welcome/introduction' thread too, even if one of the philatelic posts contains the required image (rather than the image being in the test thread), I'm not sure this is possible, mathematically:

One intro post, three philatelic posts and the 'give me a gift (please!)' post totals 5 posts, which is not 'less than 5'... Up to you of course (and up to the gift givers), but maybe change it to 'less than 8 posts at the time of claiming' or so, just to give a little wiggle room, as otherwise one post in the watercooler in the first 4-5 posts and the new person is automatically not able to claim a gift, if the current rules are strictly applied.

AMark

Post by AMark »

PAPIYA DEY wrote:Hello,
I want Gift - 3.
fromdownunder wrote: It would also be nice if the new member could be somewhat polite in their request for a gift freely given.

Norm
I'm with Norm on this.

I think politeness goes a long way.
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Cover Exchange Celebrating 10th Anniversary!
October 2021 Cover Exchange Participant List ..... OR .... October 2021 Postcard Exchange Participant List

Norbert Jenkins

GIFT 10 - taken by Aggarwat - Mint Stamps of India

I offer here, per the standard terms outlined at the start of this thread, the following:

I believe that most, if not all of these stamps, are MNH / MUH / Postfresh, etc. I've not checked them in any detail though, as I only collect used stamps and these mint ones 'came along for the ride' when I purchased a lot containing mint and used stamps of India.

These mint ones were marked in that collection as being Cat £48.50. I don't know when that note was made and I've not checked this figure, so I have no idea if this is anywhere near close.

These stamps do appear clean and have white gum on back (the few I checked).

I hope that these will be appreciated by someone who has some spaces in their collection that these could fill, or someone who wants to start collecting this country, era, etc.

The new Stampboarder who first asks for these, will get these items posted to them on a couple of small stock cards. The envelope will franked with GB stamps from the 80s, 90s and 00s.

I would like to ask that whoever takes this lot considers putting up a gift on this thread, perhaps upon the first anniversary of their joining Stampboards. I am however not making this a hard-and-fast requirement to claim this gift. I simply leave it to the individual to do what they feel is right in this regard.

Please confirm once the item has arrived safe and sound!

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Norbert Jenkins wrote:PS I assume thought has been put into the possible situation where someone signs up, claims a gift and then never contributes to StampBoards discussions?
Sometimes sh*t happens. If it is stuff I (we) have laying around and don't care about anyway, or think what the hell should I do with this?, then what is lost is the price of a stamp and an envelope, and gained a bit of storage space. No biggie, and it is more the loss of the hit and run poster who is only interested in a freebie, and not the education and entertainment that this Board (often, in fact more often than not) provides.

I know that within a few months, or less, my offer will vanish into about the one metre level of "stuff I don't collect" (well, I do, but already have what I have offered) and need an archeological expedition to find it again.

Norm

Norbert Jenkins

GIFT 11 - taken by Ingegne – Accessory: x60 Magnification / UV tester for iPhone 4

I offer here, per the standard terms outlined at the start of this thread, the following:

This is an accessory that should be superb for the right collector! It provides x60 magnification, with either white light or UV illumination (or no illumination – it has a 3-way switch). Please note, this item works with an iPhone 4 only.

This snazzy bit of kit works by sitting in front of the onboard camera. The black plastic sleeve/mount fits on the phone (it comes off again!) and the silver optic section and lamp/illumination clip on and off as needed.

I don't know the wavelenght of the UV - it is used for detection of phony banknotes, but I don't know offhand which philatellic uses this relates to. Perhaps one of our phospor / shade experts can comment on this aspect?

Once the magnifier is snapped onto the phone mount, the optics produce a lovely, sharp image on the phone screen, either ‘live’ (in the iPhone image preview mode) or captured as a ‘still’ image when the photo button is pressed.

You can even film short movies, examining the full area of the stamp, using the appropriate setting on the image/video toggle of the iPhone camera software.

This item would be superb for someone who has the right phone but doesn’t have a scanner, or who wants to take pictures of things under high magnification, perhaps ‘in the field’ at a stamp fair, etc. 60x magnification is very strong, it gives the sort of detail you sometimes see here on the 1200 dpi-type scans. It's probably a bit too strong to get the whole stamp in one shot and keep it in focus.

I found it handy to take images of stamps that I was thinking of buying, as I could somehow see faults better on screen than via the ‘old fashioned’ magnification loupe I also carry. As an aside, the ‘plate 77 thread’ could have been so different if certain people would have had this item to assist their initial check! :lol:

Again, please keep in mind, this item should only be claimed by someone who has an iPhone 4, as it will not work with other phones. I tried to use it on my wife’s iPhone 3 once (when I was out at a stamp fair and my iPhone 4 ran out of power). The black mount didn’t fit correctly and so while I could just about get an image with it with the iPhone 3, the optics didn’t align correctly and so the image was occluded and blurred. Clearly, this item works so much better with the type of phone it is designed for, hence my stipulation.

The new Stampboarder who first asks for this, will receive this item posted to them, either in a ‘jiffy’ type padded envelope, or a small box (whatever appears safer when I pack it). I will frank the item with GB stamps from the 80s, 90s and 00s.

There is one additional request/requirement for whoever requests this gift: I would like you to take one or two pictures using this accessory, including one using the UV feature, and post those pictures up on Stampboards (either in this thread as part of your ‘it arrived safely’ post, or in another appropriate thread).

I would also like to ask that whoever takes this lot considers putting up a gift on this thread, perhaps on their first stampboards anniversary. I am not making this a hard-and-fast requirement though to claim this gift. I simply leave it to the individual to do what they feel is right, so that we can keep the ball rolling for the next generation of new collectors.

Please confirm once the item has arrived safe and sound and remember – iPhone 4 owner only on this one please, otherwise it will be of no use to you!

Norbert Jenkins

fromdownunder wrote:
Norbert Jenkins wrote:PS I assume thought has been put into the possible situation where someone signs up, claims a gift and then never contributes to StampBoards discussions?
Sometimes sh*t happens. If it is stuff I (we) have laying around and don't care about anyway, or think what the hell should I do with this?, then what is lost is the price of a stamp and an envelope, and gained a bit of storage space. No biggie, and it is more the loss of the hit and run poster who is only interested in a freebie, and not the education and entertainment that this Board (often, in fact more often than not) provides.

I know that within a few months, or less, my offer will vanish into about the one metre level of "stuff I don't collect" (well, I do, but already have what I have offered) and need an archeological expedition to find it again.

Norm
All good points, Norm. Thanks for putting it this way, I'll stop worrying about the details now and get my 'stuff I don't collect' listed up here. Well, I have done a couple. More to come, once I see how these two go...

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Folks this thread is for offering free gifts to new members, and for them to claim them. Nothing else.

Please refrain from attempts to micro manage the thread which will likely confuse both newbies and senior members. Email Admin or Joel if you have any great ideas, or questions. :mrgreen:

Thanks. 8)

I'll tidy this up a little later

Glen

Lesley
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by Lesley »

Whilst not wanting to claim a "gift" from the wonderful selection, I do wish to thank all members who have donated . It is a wonderful initiative .
Cheers. 8)
les

wattsup

Post by wattsup »

I would love Gift 4

I think I qualify

Many Thanks

Dale :lol:
Inaugural Winner of Canada Stamper's Stampboard BINGO

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

wattsup wrote:I would love Gift 4

I think I qualify

Many Thanks

Dale :lol:
eMail sent.

Norm

zaguy
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by zaguy »

GIFT 12 - TAKEN - Stamps1

This is my gift, some maxi-cards from Transkei and South-West Africa, and two old German WWI postcards, as well as a commemorative cover for the Voyager spacecraft launch.

joelk

Post by joelk »

I just checked out new members' posts and see that there are a few who would qualify to claim gifts here...So please don't be shy, this is as much fun for the givers as it is for the takers...

Cheers,
joel.

mamshk
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by mamshk »

Joel this is a wonderful initiative.

I would love to offer this small assortment of stamps from Bhutan and French Colonies.

Gift 13 - taken by StMVF

StMVF

Post by StMVF »

I Like very much gift 13 that's looks great! But am i "active" new member, i have only 5 post?

mads1983

Post by mads1983 »

I think this is a very nice gesture for new members to experience, and a good welcome. I just want to give an applause to all the members WHO make this happend :D

mamshk

Post by mamshk »

StMVF wrote:I Like very much gift 13 that's looks great! But am i "active" new member, i have only 5 post?
Dear StMVF,

I will be happy to send those stamps to you.Mail sent.

mamshk

Post by mamshk »

Received the mailing address from member StMVF today and I will be happy to mail the set to him on Monday.

hutch

Post by hutch »

GIFT 14 - taken by afsec9

I just spotted this thread today thanks to Glen's newsletter! Great idea. :D

As I'm currently sorting stamps to give away, I thought I would join as well and give this selection of 55 German...mostly modern...stamps to a new collector on Stampboards! One has a corner off, but as a space filler, it's pretty good.

hutch

I am having fun collecting WW and Indian States.

dporter-stamps
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by dporter-stamps »

Nice one Joelk,

Gift 15 - claimed by mads1983

A few GB stamps to £10, 3 different sets of castles, a selection of long & square values, all different, all good to fine used.

joelk

Post by joelk »

That is a phenomenal gift, Dporter-stamps! Thank you! :D

ajolicoe

Post by ajolicoe »

Hello all,

Here is

Gift 16 - claimed by internaut

100 Assorted used WW flower stamps :)

Cheers,

Ariane

mads1983

Post by mads1983 »

If I can qualify then I would very much like gift 15- It will fit very nice in my collection since I'm missing severel of them.

dporter-stamps

Post by dporter-stamps »

Hi mads1983,

Its all yours, just email me your address & I will send it out first thing Monday morning.

Don't post your address on the forum, just email it using the button at the bottom of my post.

David

Return to “Roll Call -- This Thread MUST be your *FIRST* Port Of Call here!”