Looking for information about St Kitts Nevis 1902 die proofs Medicinal Spring

General things you want to know. Stamps you can't identify. Catalogue values you need to establish. Advice on ANYTHING stamp related you want. SOMEONE might be able to help. You can post photos of the stamps right here to assist . NOTE: - We have a nearby Forum for basic questions from *NEW* collectors.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Canada stamper
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Looking for information about St Kitts Nevis 1902 die proofs Medicinal Spring

Post by Canada stamper »

Can anyone point me to some information about these De La Rue die proofs that were struck for the 1903 Medicinal Spring stamps? I would like to know how many of each (roughly) were produced and any other information about the proofing process that is available. Images found on the internet.

Many thanks!

Jean

St. Kitts Nevis 1903 Medicinal Springs.jpg
St. Kitts Nevis 1903 Medicinal Springs die proof vignette before hardening Feb 1902 Cover Story £375.jpg
St. Kitts Nevis 1903 Medicinal Springs die proof vignette before hardening Dec 1902 SG $402.jpg
St. Kitts Nevis 1903 Medicinal Springs die proof vignette after hardening Dec 1902 SG £350.jpg
Always looking for new swap partners: Swap thread (INDEX of Lots in first post)
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.

Derbyboi2
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Re: Looking for information about St Kitts Nevis 1902 die proofs Medicinal Spring

Post by Derbyboi2 »

I would contact the British West Indies Study Circle (BWISC.org). Borromeo has written a relatively cheap publication (£13) illustrating items from his medal winning collection and I am sure there will be articles in the Society's bulletins about the die proofs. I am presuming the vignette proofs were taken from an old Stanley Gibbons online auction. Given their estimate of £350 each or therabouts they cannot be extremely scarce. BWISC have an easily searchable website. The proofs would likely be from the de la Rue archives. Often an email to the secretary will point you in the direction of an expert in this field who would normally happily answer any queries you have.

Canada stamper

Re: Looking for information about St Kitts Nevis 1902 die proofs Medicinal Spring

Post by Canada stamper »

Thank you very much for the suggestion Derbyboi2! I will give it a try. :D

Jean
Always looking for new swap partners: Swap thread (INDEX of Lots in first post)
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.

Return to “You ask the questions - SOMEONE will have the answers!”