Some advice regarding inherited Stamp Collections

General things you want to know. Stamps you can't identify. Catalogue values you need to establish. Advice on ANYTHING stamp related you want. SOMEONE might be able to help. You can post photos of the stamps right here to assist . NOTE: - We have a nearby Forum for basic questions from *NEW* collectors.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

vikingeck
PLATINUM Shooting Star *10,000* Posts!
PLATINUM Shooting Star  *10,000* Posts!

Re: Some advice regarding inherited Stamp Collections

Post by vikingeck »

Hi Adrian I can see why you might enjoy this little lot. From what you have shown this is better than an " Aunt Jeannie".

There is some order in the arrangement of pages suggesting more than just a child's collection .Some decent looking stamps and will give you hours of pleasure and fun (Priceless!) and may well repay you financially as well ( a bonus!)

* the 1/- Green GB Plate 9 of Queen Victoria catalogues at £140 for starters!
whatever it is -------it's better than a poke in eye with a wet umbrella !

adrianlck
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by adrianlck »

Thank you.

I will need to find some time to look through all these albums that i have purchased and pick out the better quality ones

Adrian

shereetan

Post by shereetan »

Hi everyone,
I also inherited some stamps/covers. I am wondering whether these still have any 'value' as they appear a bit toned/brown? I am going to post the picture:

Were the original backs of these stamps white? Thanks!

fromdownunder
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by fromdownunder »

shereetan, sadly, both the stamps on the cover and the single stamps you have are toned and will get far worse as the years go on.

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

shereetan

Post by shereetan »

So there's no way to stop the deterioration or improve its condition? :( How does one prevent this from happening to covers or stamps that are still ok? Thanks

mcgooley
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by mcgooley »

shereetan, it is possible to slow down the deterioration of the stamps, but this is generally held to reduce their value.

Wash them and remove the gum.

Over time the gum will continue to affect the stamp. If you've ever handled a 160 year old stamp with its original gum - that's been left in less than ideal conditions - you'll understand. The gum goes as hard as cement, and the slightest bend will break the stamp, gum and paper.

Storage conditions are everything. Humidity is the worst culprit - the combination of heat and moisture bring out the worst in any stamp collection. If you can get your hands on some silica gel (here in Australia, a product known as "Damp-Rid" is widely available), try keeping some sachets in your storage area. (All my friends think I'm nuts....I always scrounge those little sachets that come in the shoe-boxes :D )

Regards the covers, it is possible to clean them, but it's tricky and should only be attempted when you have knowledge. Again, I emphasize, this is not a job for the amateur.

Keep them isolated from your clean stamps and covers. The fungus which causes 'foxing' ('toning', 'rust', or whatever the polite terms are) spreads fairly quickly, and can infect everything with which it comes in contact.

It is possible to buy acid-free page protectors, storage boxes, in fact a whole range of storage items, these days. These options should be investigated.

There is one other thing. To keep your collection 'clean', take it out and look at it! This might sound odd, but airing your collection is the simplest, and most effective, method of preserving it. And, it gives you the opportunity to check your treasures and take note of anything which might crop up. :wink:
FORESTS OLD, PASTURES NEW
"Truth is stranger than Fiction, but that is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." MARK TWAIN

shereetan

Post by shereetan »

Thanks. Looks like I have some sorting and storing to do. I don't think I would wash them so I guess I'll just try to keep them as they are for now.

CHzug1291
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by CHzug1291 »

mcgooley.....you are not the only one who went "nuts" :lol:
Storage conditions are everything. Humidity is the worst culprit - the combination of heat and moisture bring out the worst in any stamp collection. If you can get your hands on some silica gel (here in Australia, a product known as "Damp-Rid" is widely available), try keeping some sachets in your storage area. (All my friends think I'm nuts....I always scrounge those little sachets that come in the shoe-boxes )
My storage cabinetts look all like that.....

Cheers

Peter :D

shereetan

Post by shereetan »

Yup I can get those. I'm trying to find the type that doesn't get "wet". I had an awful experience with the wet type as I accidentally tipped one over and the liquid came out. Luckily it was just the cupboard under the sink

This sounds stupid but does the glue all become hard over time? I have some nice blocks which are still white but is worried that they will get toned or harden as time goes by. I will certainly put in the silica gel with my stamps from now on

Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Wow just read through all of this - some of it twice. Thanks for all the suggestions, advice and common sense expressed.

When I have sorted through my inherited collection and learned more I will be asking for specific help in identifying what I have. For now I am learning, and listening.

Actually most of all I am enjoying - seems I got hooked :lol:

Thanks again.

mcgooley

Post by mcgooley »

shereetan wrote:This sounds stupid but does the glue all become hard over time? I have some nice blocks which are still white but is worried that they will get toned or harden as time goes by.
IMHO, the only "stupid" question is the one you don't ask.

If correctly stored, your stamps should be fine for many, many, years.

The history of gum (as in pre-gummed stamps) is a story in itself, but, in short, whether it's potato starch (yes, you read that right), or gum arabic, or whatever goodies they've used - all the ingredients are plant-based, and will deteriorate over time. Yes, this means hardening; and yes, those lovely white backs will start to discolour. It is inevitable, but probably won't happen in your life-time.

A stamp collector's job is to slow down time, if he/she is to maintain a mint collection. That is a purely personal decision; although - as has been pointed many times, by different members here, if the condition of the back of the stamp is so important, then you would display that instead of the front.

In some quarters, because of what almost amounts to a mania about "mint-full-gum", regumming forgers have made small fortunes. I may be wrong, but I'm always very suspicious of "post office fresh" gum on a stamp which is over 60 years old.
"Truth is stranger than Fiction, but that is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." MARK TWAIN

shereetan

Post by shereetan »

I have some sheets of stamps. What is the best way to store them? Currently they are folded in half as they are too big. Thanks!

mcgooley

Post by mcgooley »

shereetan, I was hoping someone would come up with the name of the folders which are available for full sheets :oops:

I have only ever seen a couple of them. From memory they are approximately A3 size, with glassine (?) interleaves or pockets. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to answer your question.

Daddys_angel
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Old Stamps found

Post by Daddys_angel »

I am not only new to this site but also to the world of stamps. If this question has already been asked i apologise now.

I was going through some bins I have and came upon two stamp albums that I had got from my great grandmother about 20 years ago. I just need to know what to do with them. I am not going to sell them. My plan is to find out what I need to know about the wonderful world of stamp collecting and then put them somewhere safe.

Some of the stamps are not attached to the album pages anymore and I don't want to touch any of it because I don't want to ruin any of it. If someone could PLEASE tell me what to do I would forever be grateful!!!

Thank you all in advance :D

MOD COMMENT:Topics Merged.

AMark
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Old Stamps found

Post by AMark »

Hi Daddys_angel.

Welcome to Stampboards.

Your first post should be in the Hello All NEW Members - please briefly introduce yourself! thread.

If you are new to collecting, you might be interested in reading this thread, Some advice regarding inherited Stamp Collections

Also, if you are a beginner collector this thread "How To" Videos for Beginner Stamp Collectors. might be of interest to you.

Cheers!
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Join the August 2020 Cover Exchange ..... OR .... Join the August 2020 Postcard Exchange

patg
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by patg »

"Some of the stamps are not attached to the album pages anymore and I don't want to touch any of it because I don't want to ruin any of it. If someone could PLEASE tell me what to do I would forever be grateful!!! "

Daddys_angel:

One word "Stamp Tongs". O.K. that's two words. Find a stamp store near you and go visit. They'll either be very friendly or real grouchy, either way, they will help you find what you need. Let them know you know your stuff, walk in (but not like when you go to the dentist) and say "Tongs, 6", spade tip", just like you know what your doing. And they will do it! :shock:

"two stamp albums that I had got from my great grandmother about 20 years ago":
They're part of your family, take your time, their not going anywhere. :D

Read here and on the net, lots of info. Ask questions, there are no dumb questions (well almost) lots of help to be had.

Enjoy,
patg
:D "I don't have a lot - But I like what I got" :D

Kloster

Post by Kloster »

Hi all.

My uncle died last month - he had been a stampcollector since his early days, started around 1930 according to my aunt - she's asked if I could help getting some idea of the value of his collection, mainly Japan (he was a Toyota spare parts manager in Denmark for some 30 years) and some GB - Haven't seen anything yet but I don't have a Catalogue of Japan - anyone with a recommendation?

Been reading a bit about the slightly older stamps from Japan, but started to get a headache soon after ... :)

Kloster

mgjpostalhistory

Post by mgjpostalhistory »

Hi Kloster,

First -- don't do anything in haste.

Second, if any of the stamps are still on the original envelopes...leave them where they are. They have more value "on cover" as postal markings can also be valuable; especially for older stamps from Japan.

Your local library may have a catalog you can use for reference. You can also check online bookstores such as Amazon for catalogs.

Many stamps look alike but variations in color, perforations, watermarks, and even postmarks can alter value considerably. Also, condition is a major point in determining value. Catalog prices are for stamps in good condition with good centering, etc.

Any damage...tears, heavy postmarks, folds, etc., will diminish the value. Look for a local dealer, or stamp show and bring a sampling of your material in for a quick, and usually free, appraisal. However, be sure to obtain more than one opinion before you sell.

This should get you started. Post again and let everyone know how you make out.

Q8gold
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by Q8gold »

Hi all,

I've inherited 14 stamp albums, which is way too many for me to handle.

I was wondering if I could scan the whole lot and send the images to an expert here on the forums ( link to my photo bucket ) or something like that, and have them research list and sell them for a commission?

Have you ever heard of such a thing? so there is no risk for the person that will be listing them, pure profit after any sale. once you listed something and it sells then I go ship the item and send the person his/her commission.

possible? what are your thoughts? know of anyone that does similar service?

goof

Post by goof »

Q8gold wrote:so there is no risk for the person that will be listing them
I think the risk may be with the reputation/feedback of the person selling them if things don't turn out as expected for the purchaser.

Also whilst people are happy to give advice on a handful of stamps, to go through 14 albums, catalogue and value as well as photograph, list and sell is something not many would take on.

I note you have some ebay listings already but would avoid words like "rare" and valuable unless you know that to be true.

regards
Mick

Q8gold

Post by Q8gold »

Thanks for the reply Mick.

I appreciate your input. and your correct I should not use words like "rare" and "valuable" unless I am 100% sure. just another reason why I was asking if a professional would do it for commission.

I agree it takes a lot of time. but it could also make good profit worthy of the spent time.

Regarding taking pictures that would be my job. so what they see is what they will get. I wont be using stock photos. and the person who is willing to do it could always try out one sale and see how it goes.

I don't think it would cause much of a problem, anyhow we all have different opinions.

Regards,

Q8gold

mcgooley

Post by mcgooley »

As a timely reminder that considering any philatelic material as an investment, or a sure vault of cash, may lead to tears and disappointment; a newspaper article recently highlighted some of the issues related to collections.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/apr/13/stamp-collectors-catalogues-philately-clubs

Some thoughts on the article have been expressed on the following thread;

Article on stamp collecting in The Guardian newspaper

Just a couple of snippets from the article:
John Baron, chair of the Association of British Philatelic Societies (ABPS), says: "I was 12 when I started collecting, and it was one of those things that everyone seemed to do. I joined my first stamp club in my school 50 years ago. But now we are not getting enough young people interested. Younger people have very different lifestyles to the way we were. My life was football and stamp collecting; now it's the internet and Twitter."

He advises collectors to regard the Gibbons catalogue as a guide to what is available rather than the real market price. "I had a text just this morning from a major collector. He says he takes the Stanley Gibbons price and divides it by between three and 10 so he knows what to expect. It's only if you go over £1,000 or so that the prices become more reliable."
(Emphasis is mine)
Not everyone in stamp collecting is in their dotage, and not everyone thinks it's uncool. Iain Killingbeck, 36, inherited his collection from his father when he passed away, and has surprised himself at how enthusiastic he has become. "My father said he would carry on collecting up until the Queen died, so in his honour I decided to take on the collection. I love the detail of the artwork and the incredibly skilled design that goes into something so small. I also enjoy the sense of tradition and the celebration of public events and anniversaries. Having worked on the London 2012 Games, my favourite set include all of the great Gold medallists last year.
Everyone is prepared to spend money on things they enjoy. Going to the cinema; watching your favourite football team; taking a trip to that oft-discussed location - no-one would consider these pastimes an 'investment'. Aunt Jeanie and Great-uncle John's stamp hobby, more often than not, falls into the same category. They did it for fun.

Praetorian

Post by Praetorian »

Hi guys. I just registered and I'm very happy I found the right thread immediately. Apparently I'm your first member from Albania here.

However, let me make clear right away that unfortunately, I'm not a philatelist and I don't know anything about stamps. I have completely different hobbies and interests.
Anyway... recently I found a small stamp collection in an old used book I bought. All of them are Albanian. Some of them look pretty old. There also recent ones, but most of them are from the communist era 1945-1990. Some appear to be even older. I can tell because of the Albanian currency used at the time 1928-1939.

Can any of you tell me if this collection has any significant value or if there are any special stamps inside? Comments are highly appreciated.

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

Hi Praetorian

First of all, welcome to Stampboards, second of all, you need to post in the new members forum and do an introductory post.

As for the stamps, most look CTO (Cancelled to Order). Packet material, you may find most still have their gum. Their value is purely thematic. However don't let that deter you. You have the beginnings of a great Albanian collection.

They look like they are in great condition, and many of us here are always to keen to encourage new collectors.
Militantly left wing and proud - but not a communist.

Somerset
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Somerset »

adrianlck wrote:Thank you.

I will need to find some time to look through all these albums that i have purchased and pick out the better quality ones

Adrian
Some nice early Hungarian as well.

Praetorian

Post by Praetorian »

Thank you Princestamps for your comment. Got it!

moriety

Post by moriety »

mcgooley wrote:As a timely reminder that considering any philatelic material as an investment, or a sure vault of cash, may lead to tears and disappointment; a newspaper article recently highlighted some of the issues related to collections.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/apr/13/stamp-collectors-catalogues-philately-clubs

Some thoughts on the article have been expressed on the following thread;

Article on stamp collecting in The Guardian newspaper

Just a couple of snippets from the article:
John Baron, chair of the Association of British Philatelic Societies (ABPS), says: "I was 12 when I started collecting, and it was one of those things that everyone seemed to do. I joined my first stamp club in my school 50 years ago. But now we are not getting enough young people interested. Younger people have very different lifestyles to the way we were. My life was football and stamp collecting; now it's the internet and Twitter."

He advises collectors to regard the Gibbons catalogue as a guide to what is available rather than the real market price. "I had a text just this morning from a major collector. He says he takes the Stanley Gibbons price and divides it by between three and 10 so he knows what to expect. It's only if you go over £1,000 or so that the prices become more reliable."
(Emphasis is mine)
Not everyone in stamp collecting is in their dotage, and not everyone thinks it's uncool. Iain Killingbeck, 36, inherited his collection from his father when he passed away, and has surprised himself at how enthusiastic he has become. "My father said he would carry on collecting up until the Queen died, so in his honour I decided to take on the collection. I love the detail of the artwork and the incredibly skilled design that goes into something so small. I also enjoy the sense of tradition and the celebration of public events and anniversaries. Having worked on the London 2012 Games, my favourite set include all of the great Gold medallists last year.
Everyone is prepared to spend money on things they enjoy. Going to the cinema; watching your favourite football team; taking a trip to that oft-discussed location - no-one would consider these pastimes an 'investment'. Aunt Jeanie and Great-uncle John's stamp hobby, more often than not, falls into the same category. They did it for fun.
A great comment.

I haven't done much this year due to personal stuff but I so enjoy getting away from life when I immerse myself in sorting my stamps. Whatever my Son gets is irrelevant to me (I'll be dead! ;)), but I've enjoyed myself hugely. Now, onto the next stage of trying to design pages..... I brought the Publishing 2010 as it was recommended by others here, but how about what paper to buy once I've tried my hand at it? :)
Collecting used world stamps to 1920, m/m and used Australia upto 2013 and used Australia State stamps.

mcgooley

Post by mcgooley »

moriety

Post by moriety »

Thank you Mcgooley, I've just sent him a message. Those pages look great!
Collecting used world stamps to 1920, m/m and used Australia upto 2013 and used Australia State stamps.

moriety

Post by moriety »

I did email Allenswood but sadly he never replied.
A pity as his pages are excellent. Perhaps he has the hump over the Son of a gun thread, a post I made in the hope it would spur others to relate interesting sayings from around the world. Oh well. :(

ivandegi

Post by ivandegi »

shereetan wrote:Hi everyone,
I also inherited some stamps/covers. I am wondering whether these still have any 'value' as they appear a bit toned/brown? I am going to post the picture:

Were the original backs of these stamps white? Thanks!
[at] shereetan
What you had there was a FIRST DAY COVER of the 75th anniversary of the UPU - 10th october 1949. My 2000 local catalogue prices the FDc at Lm5 which was roughly 15 US$. The used set was priced at Lm1.50.

Renee
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by Renee »

Hi There Just wondering if these are of any value this is just a few of what I have come across in the collection I have inherited.

The Pom

Post by The Pom »

Hi Renee,
Essentially zero value there I'm afraid.
Cheers
Chris
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

Renee

Post by Renee »

Thanks Chris
I will post some off the overseas to see if there is anything there.

Renee

Post by Renee »

Just a few there are so many I don't no where to start.

Renee

Post by Renee »

Her United States Stamp Collection.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Sorry, but these are also all very common. If you can find an enthusiastic junior stamp collector these are the sorts of things I would give to him/her (and have done in the past)

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

Renee wrote:Her United States Stamp Collection.

Renee, sorry to say, its a good thematic collection mostly of American founding fathers, but theres very little value there. Stamps like 3c US commemms and Grenada type stuff were printed in the hundreds of millions and are very common.
Militantly left wing and proud - but not a communist.

echoamaru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by echoamaru »

To combine, or not to combine?

I have recently inherited three stamp collections - two from my side of the family (realising this is a hobby I have pursued with longevity and would appreciate it) and one from my in-laws (also grateful to have a recipient who would value it). I am not expecting to find items of great value within (although I will, of course, have a careful look through).

I'm wondering whether to combine these collections with my own? Space would suggest combining is a good course of action, but I kind of like the idea of keeping the inherited collections as they are. What would you do?

mcgooley

Post by mcgooley »

Much depends on the condition and organization of the inherited albums.

Are the albums of good quality? Are they in good condition? Have the stamps been arranged neatly? Are the stamps unaffected by rust and toning?

Sometimes it is better, for a number of reasons, to put aside sentimentality and rehouse inherited material. There is nothing to stop you from including some background notes regarding the history of the inclusions within your own collection.

echoamaru

Post by echoamaru »

Thanks for the advice mcgooley - I'll take some time to have a close look through and then go from there!

Sean_B

Post by Sean_B »

I want to echo and expand on mcgooley's last point and emphasize the idea of organization. In my opinion, your average old-time stamp album or box full of stamps is not something that needs to be kept intact. However, if you've inherited a really specific, organized bit of collecting -- a beautifully organized topical or thematic collection for example -- that would be worth leaving as is. But most of us who have been collecting for a few years or more will open up a musty old album and see a collection begging for help - disorganized, falling off the hinges, and often rusting away. I dare say that any dearly departed family member would be more honored to see someone take on their collection and use it as a springboard to a lifelong passion. I know my grandfather (who gave me his stamps when he was still alive) was happy to see how much they fascinated me and how I built upon his gift.

I will admit to defying my own advice a little bit though -- the small album of my grandfather's that got me into stamps is still pretty much intact for sentimental reasons. That being said, if I found something in it that needed preservation or inclusion in another collection, I wouldn't feel bad about moving it.

One last piece of advice (not directed at anyone in particular!) that some people might find a bit off-putting... if you have a small inherited stamp collection (e.g. a typical hard-cover hinged worldwide album), and nobody in the family is interested in it ... you're best off selling it. Probably for very little money. Like so many people, I was curious about whether or not any of my stamps were worth money. I started trying to find out and was immediately fascinated by the complexity and history of stamp collecting. I was hooked, but if that sounds like a snooze-fest, just sell the collection and know that somebody somewhere is going to really love what they receive. That might not sound respectful, but I dare say it's a greater honor to your loved one's collection than letting it rot away in the garage.

To end on a positive note, if you're here, there's a good chance you're already getting hooked on the allure of stamps. Enjoy. It's an amazing way to revisit history.

-Sean-

Luna Flint

Post by Luna Flint »

Hey all,

I'm new here and iv got 1000's of stamps that were inherited to me when i was younger.

If i can be cheeky i need some help identifying and valuing on my stamps, these are the few that have interested me the most, there are loads more to go through!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65871099@N07/10343180905/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65871099@N07/10343180995/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65871099@N07/10343184494/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65871099@N07/10343183205/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65871099@N07/10343183365/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65871099@N07/10343197536/

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Post by admin »

Luna Flint .. WHERE do I start?????????

1. As you were clearly advised, your post #1 MUST be in 'Roll Call'.

2. We type in English here ... 'iv' etc is not written English, except from you.

3. Images are to be posted in thread and not a bunch of random external links. Members are busy and will ignore you.

4. Read the Rules and do things correct - SECOND time around. :idea:

Susan C

Post by Susan C »

Hi, only new here and realise that my Mum's collection was for her own enjoyment etc, so not looking to make a profit on Mums hobby, however seek some advice please.

I have been trying to sell some items on Ebay (sorry think that is a dirty word here) however I listed what I thought was a nice album, well kept, including predecimal stamps, like the photo below - a mix of new and used and multiple copies. I also started bidding quite low I thought and not one bid......so wondering what I am doing wrong - do these stamps below just have absolutely no value - if so no problem I will continue with FDC and POPs that are moving.

Really appreciate any advice. Susan, Brisbane, Australia

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Susan C wrote:Really appreciate any advice. Susan, Brisbane, Australia

It depends at what level you priced them at. I would say $2 - 5 on a very good day for the lot and then you would need somebody who actually wanted them. And no, I would not be a buyer. They are as common as sand.

Norm

Tassie_Stamps
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

Link to your eBay lot Susan?

Would be good to see what other stamps you have!

Susan C

Post by Susan C »

fromdownunder wrote:
Susan C wrote:Really appreciate any advice. Susan, Brisbane, Australia

It depends at what level you priced them at. I would say $2 - 5 on a very good day for the lot and then you would need somebody who actually wanted them. And no, I would not be a buyer. They are as common as sand.

Norm
Thanks Norm, appreciate the reply.....these pics were only about 1% of the 25 pages of the album, just put these out there as a sample.

Susan

mcgooley

Post by mcgooley »

To expand on Norm's comment; the truth is that the ordinary, letter-rate, pre-decimal stamps were printed in their 10s - if not 100s - of millions. That means that while the majority were used, there's still an awful lot of them out there, just like the ones you've shown, in pristine mint condition....and pretty much worthless.

Very occasionally, you can see one of these go for stupendous amounts - because of a flaw, or error, that the untrained eye can't see. But not often. And, to make matters worse, because they've been demonetized, you can't use them for postage.

The best option might be to add items like this to a "junk lot", in an old shoe-box or similar, and let it go for whatever it sells for.

(Most stamp collectors luuuuuv a 'horribilus box' :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Susan C

Post by Susan C »

(Most stamp collectors luuuuuv a 'horribilus box' :lol: :lol: :lol: )[/quote]

Many thanks.....all great feedback and explains the no interest......

Return to “You ask the questions - SOMEONE will have the answers!”