Old Serbian Stamps

General things you want to know. Stamps you can't identify. Catalogue values you need to establish. Advice on ANYTHING stamp related you want. SOMEONE might be able to help. You can post photos of the stamps right here to assist . NOTE: - We have a nearby Forum for basic questions from *NEW* collectors.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Bruce From Auckland
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Old Serbian Stamps

Post by Bruce From Auckland »

I'm asking this question on behalf of someone else. They have some pre 1920 mint Serbian stamps but they are stuck together. Before I suggest to him to just soak them apart and have "Mint no gum" stamps I wanted to make sure that soaking these stamps will not destroy them completely. I know some early stamps from some other countries are not compatible to being soaked off. Just wanting to check before suggesting the soaking method.

Unless someone has any better idea to separate stuck mint stamps.

Waffle
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Re: Old Serbian Stamps

Post by Waffle »

Silly question Bruce. If they are stuck together or are destroyed by soaking apart, which seems unlikely, what is the difference, one way or another, they are useless?
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Old Serbian Stamps

Post by Global Administrator »

Some reading of The Rules is clearly needed here. Thread locked to save wasting more member time.

We do NOT do lazy 3 word headings EVER, as is obvious at a glance at the 80,000 other headings, and all new threads MUST have an image.

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2556

Be thoughtful, and start your thread in the APPROPRIATE forum. If you have a question ask it in THAT forum, not in a general one like "Discuss Stamps". And if you ARE asking a question, the thread heading must concisely summarise that question .. see Rule 10. Just pure common sense. All QUESTIONS need to have "?" at the end - again, simple common sense.

10. Create Descriptive Thread Headings, or Titles

Make thread heading titles as specific and descriptive as possible. Sometimes posters will start a thread with a VERY lazy general title such as, "Guess what?" or "Help needed" or "Hinges" or "US1dollar" or "Russia" or "Fault on Scott 539?" These are all totally meaningless to most members, who are busy, and simply do not have time to click on vague thread headings. And never ASSUME more than a small % of members have a Scott, SG, Michel or Unitrade cat. A concise title will mean YOUR thread gets a strong google ranking, and someone in a month - or a year, may then find it on a web search, and join up, and answer your question. Happens ALL the time. 8)

Be as SPECIFIC as possible in your thread titles, and if you want to improve or change your thread's title after you create it, ask a Moderator for help - or edit it yourself, which you can do within an hour of posting it. Add the YEAR and COUNTRY involved, and a PHOTO in all cases is our policy in post #1 - see Rule 11 for how to do that. This board has near 25,000 real members, from over 180 countries. Do not ASSUME they can read your mind, or have YOUR catalogue. If you are asking a question about an Australia 1937 3d Blue, KGVI head, Die 1A identification .. make THAT the heading - do not start a vague thread headed "3d Blue Die". Never use all capital letter headings - that is regarded as rude and "Shouting" on the web. It is all basic common sense really. :idea:

11. Photo Images - we need them on *EVERY* new thread!

Please share as many photos of stamps and covers that you own, that you care to here. Philately is the most VISUAL of Hobbies. We have funded unlimited bandwidth to display them all, and costs Admin a large 5 figure sum a year to do. We have way over a MILLION images stored here securely - we are the Stamp Wikipedia! "One photo speaks 1,000 words" is true more of stamps, than most other things! ALL new threads here need a photo please of SOME kind. No exceptions. NOT just a link to some alleged obscure photo sharing account, or unknown hillbilly website, that may of course lead anywhere and have malware, spyware, adware, ransomware embedded etc, or vanishes next week. :idea:

You can now quickly load images direct from your phone or computer or tablet - full easy-to-follow primer on that here - and how to scan and load images here FAST - http://tinyurl.com/StampPix Do **NOT** anymore use www.imgbox.com, or www.imgur.com, or http://www.photobucket.com here at ANY time for any purpose to add images, (except IMGUR is very handy to add avatars to the 165x165 size, so that is OK, as they then convert to our software!) or any other external source. We want them all hosted HERE, and pay a LOT of money annually to do just that, so as they all stay visible forever. :!:

Return to “You ask the questions - SOMEONE will have the answers!”