Scammers, Cheats, & Freebie Hounds, we do NOT want you here!

Seek exchange partners here. List what you broadly have to exchange, and what you'd ideally like in return. No charge - totally **FREE** for stampboards members to use to use. Or GIVE away your spares. Try it out today!

Moderators: AMark, Canada stamper, Volunteer Moderator Team

arie
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Scammers, Cheats, & Freebie Hounds, we do NOT want you here!

Post by arie »

Admin Note - add to this thread any behaviour of any member that falls into the category of the heading. Thanks. :)
= = = = = = =

This lady (Priya Srivastava) from India should to be deleted from the forums.

She gladly accept what you send her and then ignore your mails, she promise what ever you looking for but wouldn't send it.

Pity there are cheaters like her around.

I'm happy when I can send people stamps they like looking for and I can offer them even for free and even when they hadn't nothing for me but I hate if someone cheats me!!!!

Arie

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Warning re trades: Banned member "Divyanka" from India.

Post by Global Administrator »

Warning re now Permanently Banned member "Divyanka" from India - who engaged in numerous alleged trades of stamps with members.

She asked them to send their material first, and then never reciprocated. This is quite simply - THEFT or STEALING.

Despite numerous requests from the members stiffed, she ignored them all, or kept making lame excuses to forward the goods, that she never kept.

Several members of Admin and Moderators contacted Divyanka Tripathi on behalf of these members, and were all fobbed off.

She was given a week's notice to sort all bad/slow trades out. She did not comply, and did not respond, and well after that week was up, has been named here, as she most clearly was advised she would be if the issues were not sorted.

stampboards is a friendly and trusting Community. In all Communities most interactions are based on trust and never have issues. However a tiny % of any Community will be bad apples. and lie or cheat others.

This Divyanka Tripathi person was one such bad apple it appears, and hopefully the global exposure here will be far more harmful, than the stamps she defrauded others out of. Karma.

Divyanka Tripathi

(Allegedly an 'actress' of some kind in India)

Also it appears known as -

Mrs. Priya Srivastava,
A-2, Punjab society,
20, Tagore Road,
Santacruz (West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.

and

Mrs. Priya Srivastava,
B-18, Sangam society,
Opposite Vijay Sales showroom,
Off Saibaba Road,
Santacruz (West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.

And her email:

mrspriya1986@gmail.com

muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Re: Warning re trades: Banned member "Divyanka" from India.

Post by muruk »

Not sure why she's there, but this is from a Finnish website re Divyanka Tripathi:

A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

arie

Post by arie »

My thanks to the Admins and Moderators, and hope we won't see Divyanka Tripathi here again.

Arie

Britcollector
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Britcollector »

The key to getting rid of these people on a permanent is to note their ISP number(s) and look at new sign-ups after they are banned. If the Forum software has that option, you should ban the ISP, as well as that user name. That not only prevents them signing up again, but from looking as a visitor.

Members who get scammed should not only report the email address(es) to Admins, but also the "originating ISP" number that can be found on emails. That way, the Admins can search the member base by ISP if the software has that option.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Britcollector wrote:The key to getting rid of these people on a permanent is to note their ISP number(s) and look at new sign-ups after they are banned. If the Forum software has that option, you should ban the ISP, as well as that user name. That not only prevents them signing up again, but from looking as a visitor.
We are way ahead of you. The software we have on the back end here for ALL members is pretty aazing -

IP addresses this user Divyanka Tripathi has posted from [ Look up all IPs ]

115.248.56.141 [ 307 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
121.241.15.226 [ 115 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
60.254.14.48 [ 14 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.137 [ 3 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.133 [ 2 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.160 [ 2 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.208 [ 2 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
203.76.179.90 [ 2 Posts ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.119 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.143 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.156 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.78 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.115 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
203.76.179.212 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.211 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
203.76.179.69 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.103 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.154 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.106 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.84 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.118 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.101 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.117 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.157 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.176 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.81 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.226 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]
183.87.239.74 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP ]

They are all banned. This person cannot even SEE the board when logging in from any of the above. "Access blocked - permanent ban" is all they see.

bsward
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by bsward »

Britcollector wrote:The key to getting rid of these people on a permanent is to note their ISP number(s) and look at new sign-ups after they are banned. If the Forum software has that option, you should ban the ISP, as well as that user name. That not only prevents them signing up again, but from looking as a visitor.

Members who get scammed should not only report the email address(es) to Admins, but also the "originating ISP" number that can be found on emails. That way, the Admins can search the member base by ISP if the software has that option.
ISP bans can have very annoying consequences, however. If the ISP reassigns IP addresses as can happen quite often, random innocent individuals will be banned :(. You certainly would not want to ban an entire ISP's addresses - any other innocent visitors will also be banned - there was a case a few years ago where Wikipedia banned a very small range of IP addresses as they had only been used by 1 individual and he had been particularly disrupted. As luck would have it, a couple of weeks later, those IP addresses were assigned to a rural village and the entire village was unable to access Wikipedia. :roll:

Ben

muruk

Post by muruk »

bsward wrote:ISP bans can have very annoying consequences, however. If the ISP reassigns IP addresses as can happen quite often, random innocent individuals will be banned :(.
My wireless internet connection is on a floating IP ... different every time I log on. That's scary. There is no landline where I live, so I have no choice.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

muruk wrote:
My wireless internet connection is on a floating IP ... different every time I log on.
Wrong.

345 of your posts here have been from one IP. :)

muruk

Post by muruk »

Global Administrator wrote:
muruk wrote:
My wireless internet connection is on a floating IP ... different every time I log on.
Wrong.

345 of your posts here have been from one IP. :)
OK ... different most times I log on.

345 is only 17% of my posts.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Actually only around 1% of your posts here are from a unique IP. :lol:

Admin knows much more than members at times re such things. :mrgreen:

Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

bsward wrote: ISP bans can have very annoying consequences, however. If the ISP reassigns IP addresses as can happen quite often, random innocent individuals will be banned :(. You certainly would not want to ban an entire ISP's addresses - any other innocent visitors will also be banned - there was a case a few years ago where Wikipedia banned a very small range of IP addresses as they had only been used by 1 individual and he had been particularly disrupted. As luck would have it, a couple of weeks later, those IP addresses were assigned to a rural village and the entire village was unable to access Wikipedia. :roll:

Ben
Quite right, we don't ban an ISP's range of alocated IP addresses as this would immediately stop any other legitimate members access as well as the member being banned.

The phpBB software will in fact let us block a whole country range of alocated IP addresses if we had to, but there would be no point in that.
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"

Dean - 2W0XTP
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by Dean - 2W0XTP »

I know it maybe a little bit of work for someone but I have seen on other forums an option where feedback can be left for users. I dont know if this is possible. So firstly we'd have the 20 post etc rule then after that people can leave feedback for any trades/swaps etc... then people at least can make their own mind up before the scammers get caught, just my 2 GB pennies worth. :roll:
Please visit my new Blog at http://deanscovers.blogspot.com

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

I dislike "feedback ratings" and said so on a new travel board a week back -

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/petition-for-gold-milepo ... ost-336723

Childish and self-defeating, and it will never be occuring here while I have any say. :mrgreen:

We do have a very simple way to check on any member's past history, and it is to look at their past posts - anynoe who does NOT, might well get the next Divyanka.

http://www.stampboards.com/search.php?author_id=4456&sr=posts

These are Dean's posts above and it seems clear he would be a pretty good partner to trade with. :mrgreen:

Divyanka Tripathi was all froth and bubble, and no substance if you read her history here. Lots of promises and nothing delivered it seems.

Cutesy Sari photos doth not necessarily make a good trading partner. :idea:

In fact Dean nailed Divyanka Tripathi 4 months back -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23420&p=1511365#p1511365

muruk

Post by muruk »

Feedback ratings are OK for auction sites where you are buying from and selling to people you don't know. 8)

Here we are a community, and mostly know each other via our posts. I think it's a much better system. The 20 post & time on board rules support this community approach. :D

I sent Divyanka some freebies, so never had an opportunity for exchange issues ... but she became very demanding ... not "thank you" but "send me more and better", as if it were an entitlement. Perhaps she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder? :shock:

jrg

Post by jrg »

My bet is that there is someone somewhere in the world (the IP addresses would tell us where) having a quiet chuckle now after signing up as a well-known indian actress and ripping off some generous collectors.

I very much doubt that Divyanka Tripathi is his/her real name.
John

Looking for used pre-decimal OS/NSW and G/NSW state perfins, and NWPI KGV overprints.

mcgooley
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by mcgooley »

'Tis human nature at work again.
jrg wrote:My bet is that there is someone somewhere in the world (the IP addresses would tell us where) having a quiet chuckle now after signing up as a well-known indian actress and ripping off some generous collectors.

I very much doubt that Divyanka Tripathi is his/her real name.
I found some beauties in here:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=Divyanka+Tripathi&t=1000&a=n

I did like the piranha and pariah couplets 8)
FORESTS OLD, PASTURES NEW
"Truth is stranger than Fiction, but that is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." MARK TWAIN

muruk

Post by muruk »

jrg wrote:I very much doubt that Divyanka Tripathi is his/her real name.
She is all over the internet with mega-hits under half a dozen different names ... which one is real is anyone's guess.

rks.saran

Post by rks.saran »

I hope no one will affect by her again...

Thanks MOD.. :D
--- S A R A N ---
Collects Mint India, Used Australia, Finland, GB, German, Sweden, Malaysia, Singapore, Ex-USSR, Ex-Yugoslavian, Slovakia, Czech Rep., Birds, Mother Teresa & Odd shapes.
My Want lists

BruceK
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by BruceK »

Great work Sheriff, you've run another varmit out of town. :D

What a trail of posts and threads she(?) has left.

Of note - joined Stampboards at the age of 25 (July 21 2010), was 23 in a post on Aug 10 2010 and celebrated a 23 birthday on 14 Dec 2010..... Hmmmm... :?

skilo54

Post by skilo54 »

This Divyanka Tripathi person was all over me at one point trying to get me to send/trade some new Canadian releases. Like Muruk mentioned, she got pretty demanding even before she asked what I was interested in, so I decided to decline any trade with her.

I feel bad for those affected by this slimeball Divyanka Tripathi, she made a mockery of the trust that fellow collectors share with one another and that to me is disgusting.

One thing to keep in mind folks is Karma, she will get hers in the end! Karma has a way of straightening things out!

Take Care,

Skilo54

ernelopez
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by ernelopez »

Hi

I suspected a little from this person... But, since the stamps I sent aren't worth so much, I took a chance.

I hope this experiences don't dis-encourage people to make trades.

Most of my experiences are perfect trades with excelent people.

Best regards
Ernesto

uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by uncadonego »

muruk wrote:I sent Divyanka some freebies, so never had an opportunity for exchange issues ... but she became very demanding ... not "thank you" but "send me more and better", as if it were an entitlement. Perhaps she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder? :shock:
Same here. When I first joined the boards, this Priya person contacted me, and since I had many Canada hoarded, I sent about 600 or 700 hundred Canada/U.S. stamps of old. She wanted me to send it registered, though she never offered to pay for it, just so she would get more stamps on cover.

I never received a thank you, although she sent me about two dozen e-mails asking for updates and want lists until I sent them. A few months later she mailed me again, and I was thinking it would be a thank you....

Here is the entire content of that message after I gave her hundreds of free stamps:

do you have any modern US stamps for exchange?

I agree with Muruk, I kept getting the nagging feeling the whole time that their was a sense of entitlement, without any gratitude. How hard is "thank you"?
“Nothing is worth more than this day.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

jrg wrote: I very much doubt that Divyanka Tripathi is his/her real name.
That thought crossed my mind but I had a photo from "her" sent one day to use as an avatar, as she could not work out how to do it.

It was from a film industy award night - from that day. And that specific photo was used only once on the web, in an obscure report.

So my hunch is it is correct, although on the web as we know, you can say you are Clint Eastwood and it is hard to disprove. :mrgreen:

She joined her as divyankatripathi and after a few posts I emailed, and said that user name was ridiculously complex for others to type (a bit like "uncadonego"!) and in accordance with Rule 12 below, asked if she could choose a shoter handle and she chose Divyanka -
12. Selection and Change of user name or "handle".

Rule number one - please choose a SIMPLE 'handle' or user name!

jmcdr0pd47643527 is near impossible for others to remember or to type when replying to you. If your name is Jim Smith by all means sign up as Jim or Jim.S etc.

HOWEVER as I made clear in post 1, we do have this address below and uncadonego at least sent REGISTERED, so can he and others report back WHAT name and address was used to mail stamps.

For Registered, this crook needs to have ID in that name to sign for the packet.

Mrs. Priya Srivastava,
A-2, Punjab society,
20, Tagore Road,
Santacruz (West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

https://www.blogger.com/profile/12794235262184745934

Priya Srivastava - the photo matches, and when you click on the email link you get - mrspriya1986@gmail.com - the email address I have for her.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Oh noooooo no no no no......She kept asking me to send it registered, but no way, wasn't going to happen. I'm not paying registered mail for a stranger who's getting free stamps in the first place!

However this is the address I sent her stuff to. This was the address where she would presumably sign for it, since she expected me to send it registered.

Mrs. Priya Srivastava,
B-18, Sangam society,
Opposite Vijay Sales showroom,
Off Saibaba Road,
Santacruz (West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.

Different address by a little bit than the one you posted.
“Nothing is worth more than this day.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

indieguy
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by indieguy »

These kind of thieves resurface. They will use a new internet connection, new id and will use an address of a relative for postal mails.

Leave aside the name, I believe this is a male hiding behind a female id. The female name is used for disguise.

Through proper initiative, this can be reported to Mumbai Cyber Crime Cell and he will be picked up in a jiffy. Slapped across the face and retrieve all stolen stamps.

http://www.cybercellmumbai.com/
Currently selling off my post independence India MNH collection. 1967 - 2013.

sin
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by sin »

She had approached me to exchange stamps but after I have send mine, she did not respond to my email anymore. The same address as some that have posted.

Mrs. Priya Srivastava,
A-2, Punjab society,
20, Tagore Road,
Santacruz (West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.
Collecting SG, MY, GB, AU, NL, JP, TW, CN, TH, BN & VN stamps.

amc184

Re: rks.saran thread about Divyanka

Post by amc184 »

It's a real blow to find out that one of the most prolific posters in this sub-forum isn't a genuine trader. That said, I wonder how many people actually traded with Divyanka. Obviously there were a few, but I looked back over Divyanka's threads, and hardly any of them seemed reach any sort of agreement.

Commiserations to those who tried to trade with Divyanka.

octaviop

Post by octaviop »

In my case, I also suspected of her attitudes. I sent her a photo with some stamps and she told me she already had these ones. I said I would wait for a photo of the stamps she promised, but she never could send one or even scan the stamps (?). Instead, she kept insisting, asking me to send more photos and when I said "no", she began to say that she was a serious collector, a very famous actress etc.

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

octaviop wrote:when I said "no", she began to say that she was a serious collector, a very famous actress etc.
Can you post here the exact words Divyanka Tripathi used to you, re being an actress please?

Admin

octaviop

Post by octaviop »

It was by gtalk:

Priya: I am an advanced collector and a well known actress in India
like you cannot accept scans with stamps that you have
I too cannot do that
its simple
or else if I send you scans with what you have, dont blame me

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

octaviop wrote:It was by gtalk:
Who or what is 'gtalk'? :cry: :roll:

jugoslavija_post

Post by jugoslavija_post »

Google Talk, I believe. Kinda like a chat room.

indieguy

Post by indieguy »

jugoslavija_post wrote:Google Talk, I believe. Kinda like a chat room.
It is an instant messenger like yahoo messenger.

octaviop

Post by octaviop »

Yep, it´s Google Talk. Since both of us have Gmail, the site automatically adds us to each other contacts list in Gtalk.

Anyway, I agree with jrg and others here and suspect that she (he?) wasn´t, in fact, the famous actress she was suposed to be for some reasons:

1- At least in Brazil, it´s quite uncommon to find a young stamps collector. But ok, I am young (although older than she was supposed to be);

2- A famous actress, I believe, wouldn´t have enough time to post all the messages she posted here and to send all the emails she sent to everybody;

3- I don´t believe a famous actress would enter a forum like this one and behave like she did;

4- Famous actresses interested in collections would have a digital camera or a scan to send photos of her stamps when interested in other stamps;

5- Even if she were an actress, a collector often doesn´t collect 30, 40, 50 different countries and ask for stamps nominally from these countries. She probably would say she was a WW collector or would collect same themes in all the countries, which was not the case.

fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

So, apparently, Priya Srivastava aka Divyanka Tripathi, is a thief.

I am sure that google will find it in it's heart to add this thread high up on it's hit list and future cons on other boards will actually google this crook, and then decide that this is not the person we wish to trade with.

Thief!

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

muruk

Post by muruk »

This person is all over the web. Google any name, and you will get thousands of hits, all with photos of the same person, like this one from oneindia celebrity website:

Also on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divyanka_Tripathi

The names also appear to be common, as others also appear in the searches.

I don't doubt that there is a Divyanka actress/dancer ... but is that the same person who made contact with us on Stampboards, or is someone using the mass of web photos to establish a false identity?

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Muruk, I agree it's a false identitiy, someone pretending to be Divyanka.
The real Divyanka is a TV actress with fan club etc..
I could say I'm "Rebecca Gibney" and find lots of photos, and I doubt anyone outside Australia would recognise the name.

Collecting - Stamps, poster stamps and covers that feature Kangaroos.
Wanted: Illustrated Tourist cover of "Waratah Park", Sydney, NSW. Australia

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I don't know if this has been found before (sorry I'm not up to date with this issue)
but it looks like she's (Priya) done this before , last year on another stamp forum.
http://www.myphilately.com/shout_view.php?user_id=92061&_frm=100

muruk

Post by muruk »

Thanks Skippy ... your linksite is a bit messy ... I think this is the post you are referring to:
Date: 2010-05-16 05:00:32
Shout: FYI, Priya has cheated not only me, she had cheated more than 4 person around the world, so I better temporary stop exchanging with any collector with India address. If you are not happy, then you should go and talk o her personaly to Priya, her address is
Mrs.Priya Srivastava,
A-2, Punjab society,
20, Tagore Road,
Santacruz ( West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.

I have tried to find a contact for the real actress to alert her to what is going on, but no luck so far. Everything seems to be run by fan clubs, and you need to sign up to their clubs to get any access at all.

Incidentally, from what I read on the web, the real actress isn't married yet, but is thinking about it.

Maybe the Indian police should visit the above address and see who is actually there?

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

For reasons not made public on this thread, I DO feel quite confident our scammer was in fact the well known actress in India.

Who knows why, but some folks do very stupid things. :roll:

We all know Winona Ryder, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, even our own Jeff Fenech have been busted stealing Jewellery - even under the full glare of secuirty cameras.

All of whom were real heavyweight Celebs.

Why do they do it - who knows, but they do.

This Divyanka Tripathi person probably thought: "how on earth will conning a few folks of stamps on a Stamp Bulletin board get me caught?"

Well you have been - anyone who googles 'Divyanka Tripathi - Stamps' gets this thread as the global Number 1 match -

http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=hss0h& ... thi+stamps

The same occurs if you google "Priya Srivastava Stamps"

Those google rankings will stay forever to haunt these folks.

We had a young fellow in NZ who did exactly the same last year - scammed stamps off members.

We gave him a chance to make good to all those people, and he chose not to, so we named and shamed him too.

In the end his unusual name came up as match #1 whenever it was google searched - leading right to the thread here.

He lost a job interview after the interview board saw a stamp thief was the applicant.

This is true and any of the Moderators can confirm it - he came grovelling back to me offering to mail back all the stamps - plus extras - to all those he had conned, and offered them all profuse apologies, if ONLY we removed the thread.

He really was worried this stamp stealing would impact on jobs going forward as MANY employers now google names on short lists as a matter of course.

We thought he had well learnt his lesson, and removed the thread out of sight - and out of google 'spider' sight!

Glen

muruk

Post by muruk »

From Czechoslovakian Junior Filatelie Website:
Warning.

Some children of Junior Philatelie made contact for exchange with Indie direct through our websites. We are sending them other stamps from us now. We are afraid,but our patrner for exchange from Indie Unreliable philatelist is/she is on the black list -CRUP/ That is why we will make an entry here as welll. Nobody not to be allowed make to children swindle. We are very,very sorry.Look here: Her address will be from wednesday here-every week next part. India-Mumbai-Santacruz/West/20-Tagore Road

In spite of the broken English, I think the message is clear.

Stealing from kids has got to be low.

20 Tagore Road is the Punjab Co Operative Housing Society Shop. It is a complex of many shops and small businesses (such as clothing manufacture). Interestingly, it backs onto the Santa Cruz West Police Station and Barracks.

I have to go out for a while, but will assemble details tonight and forward to Mumbai Police via their website.

indieguy

Post by indieguy »

I doubt if the person is at all female. It is a general trend here to take false identities as women and scam people online.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

muruk wrote:Incidentally, from what I read on the web, the real actress isn't married yet, but is thinking about it.
And yet, when she (he?) was sent an eMail asking what was going on, this was the start of the response:
This is to inform that I am Divyanka's husband. Divyanka is an actress by profession and is currently not in the country.
Methinks that Priya Srivastava aka Divyanka Tripathi aka who knows who else, is a serial liar.

But one point, if this person is a well paid actor, why scam what is basically box and packet material from other collectors? it seems such a petty and childish thing to do for stamps that are not, and never will be worth anything.

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

It is very hard to pin down Priya Srivastava aka Divyanka Tripathi because is Brummie and Muruk said she is everywhere.

While I realise that IMdB is not huge on listing the 1,000's of movies that come out of Bollywood, I am pretty certain that an attention whore like Divyanka would have gone to IMdB, joined the site and filled in the gaps.

As it is, all IMdB has on Divyanka is a small part in one TV series - Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale. No pictures, no biography, no history at all.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3724910/

She is possibly not quite as famous as she seems to think. But she has the chance to become infamous, if only in stamp collecting circles.

Norm

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

she does in fact live in Mumbai, well did when this article was written

Brought up in palatial homes, her 1,260 sq. ft. apartment seemed small to the actress and the only thing that concerned her most was to make it look big and not cramp it up at all. Siz & Associates headed by Suraj Dutta and Imran Khan took up the task of giving Divyanka her dream home in Mumbai. Owing to the fact that the actress did not want something regular, Suraj and Imran decided to go with a Victorian look. With a combination of white and champagne and tinges of gold the entire apartment has turned out to be better than expected by Divyanka.

http://www.magnamags.com/content/view/5906/216/lang,english/

reading India News website, The TV soap she was in has ended, and she's out of work ATM.

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

fromdownunder wrote: As it is, all IMdB has on Divyanka is a small part in one TV series - Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale. No pictures, no biography, no history at all.
Norm
Overview/Achivements/ list of TV Shows etc.. can be found here
http://www.koffii.com/celebritydetails.aspx?CelebrityId=94

She's a "Tellywood" star, not quite as famous as Bollywood :lol:

muruk

Post by muruk »

Report sent to Mumbai Police, both regular and cyberunit.

Now wait and see.

muruk

Post by muruk »

A link to the Finnish website I mentioned earlier (it's in English):

http://netbook.hookedelectronics.net/blogs/Oulu.html

Return to “SWAP your stamps and covers with other collectors Worldwide - or GIVE them away FREE!”