Scammers, Cheats, & Freebie Hounds, we do NOT want you here!

Seek exchange partners here. List what you broadly have to exchange, and what you'd ideally like in return. No charge - totally **FREE** for stampboards members to use to use. Or GIVE away your spares. Try it out today!

Moderators: AMark, Canada stamper, Volunteer Moderator Team

drvvr
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Re: "Freebie Hunting Vacuum Cleaners" - do we need them?

Post by drvvr »

muruk wrote:It seems to me unfortunate that some members on here have had trouble with collectors from India.

I don't share your experience. The only problem I've had was with the Divyanka impersonator, but we sorted that out.

I used to offer up giveaways on here. Some were taken up by members from India. More by people from elsewhere.

I have compiled a list of 30 members' collecting interests. When I have remainders, I now send them directly to those people.

Of the 30, five are in India ... one in six. They are just as courteous as anyone else. I have had requests ... "could you please keep a watch for such-and-such" ... never a demand.

I don't expect anything in return, but they send stuff anyway, same as the people from other places. I now have a nice collection of Indian covers, mini sheets, stamps, plus stamps and covers they have sent me from other places. I have had to start a separate collecting area just for "stuff from friends".

Again, it is indeed unfortunate that members on here have had bad experiences with vacuum cleaner freebie hunters ... but I think we should measure people as individuals, and not let a few bad apples spoil a whole country.
I am one of those who receive stuff from Hans and people like him truely describe the Stampboards spirit.

Branding a whole nation with a few examples is unfortunate but what is equally unfortunate is someone trying to spoil the name of the nation....

Divyanka is one name I would never forget...

The rules as of now have made it tough for freebie vacuums.

The feeling of giving away free stuff is unique and greater than the feeling of vacuuming.... Hope people realise it. :)
Started to collect post-Independence India, help me complete the voids http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29439
Collecting Canada (just started) and CHESS on stamps.!!!!!!

shona
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by shona »

Please read only if you are open minded and believe that open forums are meant to discuss free ideas and personal thoughts.
Hi Everyone,

I am one of those who face the brunt of a few and as rightly said by Hans aka Muruk
I think we should measure people as individuals, and not let a few bad apples spoil a whole country.

The rule book is long and tedious and it takes time to get on terms with the forum rules and regulations and I suppose everyone has received a few warnings from senior members and the mods but Indians have been scrutinized more and dealt with harshly sometimes just because some people have done wrong or asked for free stuff here.

I strongly agree that the rules have to be instigated to manage such a large community but then the rules should be for everyone and to highlight a particular country and/or people is unjustified.

Also, it is the Indian culture to bargain and get the work done for less money that is why the world is drawing to India to run their business it is not begging or haggling but pure business.

If the seller says ‘No’ we take it as a no deal and not feel offended about it or hold personal grudges against an individual.

It’s strictly my opinion and I don’t want to offend anyone but I am always ready to send whatever little I can in return of accepting free stamps.
Ankit Jain
**Happiness is not the station you arrive at but the manner of Traveling**

Raz
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Raz »

To Dynamode, Stefi from Western Australia is a long time board member who collects love themed stamps. :D

You could e-mail her as she has just recently returned after a short absence. :!:

She will probably be happy to pay postage, or send something in return. :arrow:
Surfing stamps and covers, KED VIII, and Newfoundland.
Europa and Canada and any comic related stamps.

Aussietrekker
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by Aussietrekker »

The business culture expressed by Shona puts a fresh slant on how the Indian folk go about trading.

Fair and square trading is a matter between two parties, no matter where they're from, and every culture will have its own way of buying/ selling. The issue here is people taking, with a parasite mentality, and if it becomes multiple cases from the same region, one becomes wary of dealing with others with a similar approach.

Especially if it involves charity towards a third party.

If the "offended one" plays the sook, or pulls out the ultimate trump card ( the currently dreaded R word) they know they can guilt us into submission and get away with it.

Again, if it becomes a serial trait within a particular community, ( and not just in a goodwill stamp forum) one begins to treat each encounter as guilty until proven innocent.

The " mail-order bride" of which many Australian families have been victim is a case in point. It may be how it's done in another country, but that doesn't make it right.

It's probably best left to the individual advertiser to dictate the terms, and just ignore anyone who looks shonky. Offering to post within one's own country only could be a good cost- effective solution with no potential for animosity.

uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by uncadonego »

Trading or sending stuff to India is fine with me, but.......through no fault of the trader, their mail gets lost or taken more often than other countries in my experience.

When I send someone a couple hundred stamps to trade, and they never get them, I have to pay another $4.20 and send another couple hundred. With the envelopes and stamps and postage and time, I've sent four hundred stamps and paid out $9.00 to get 200 back, and sometimes they don't show up.

It's the postal delivery, not the traders.
“Nothing is worth more than this day.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

simply-goodies
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Hunting Vacuum Cleaners" Same as Computers.

Post by simply-goodies »

A few days agao I bought a new computer and came up with a crazy scheme to swap it on line here with anyone who had items that they were looking to trade.

I am always considerate, thoughtful and polite (repeat 10 times for certainty) So I email someone who knows more than me to approve in principal that which I wanted to do.

I should of just advertised as seeking permission did not get an A ok. I could then appealed to this guys better nature and asked his forgiveness.

So imagine my surprise when I come on line to night,and here is a post about hunting for Vacuum cleaners. Hardly classed as a philatelic item, at least my little computer knew all about stamps and auctions and dealers etc.

Took a few minutes to get to the point where I understood the series of posts.

Different people do have different ideas, I know. but I have been known to give bits and pieces to stampboarders who might find what I have useable. No names, no public broadcast, just a deal tween two people of similar tastes and collective habits.

So my solution is not to publicly giveaway anything, just send it to someone whom you think or know will use it. As for the question "do we need them"

I vote no. We dont this board works by contributions of others. If you are only a vacuum cleaner,what are you contributing for the team.

Next we will be having Greek Bankers joining up for their freebies, expecting us to contribute to fixing the Greek economy.

I just read what Shona had to say, "Also, it is the Indian culture to bargain and get the work done for less money that is why the world is drawing to India to run their business it is not begging or haggling but pure business. "

What she says makes sense to me, but wouldnt all those vacuum cleaners be happier if they were on a site that already had this as part of its policy, rather than try and change the rules and procedures on this one.

It is considered world's best board in many places. Even if you cannot swap computers for stamps, YET
Quality is never expensive, it is Priceless

malcolm197
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Re: Warning re trades: Banned member "Divyanka" from India

Post by malcolm197 »

The most unfortunate part of this whole episode is that innocent traders in India are likely to be unjustly considered to be fraudsters. Through other sites I have traded a number of times with collectors in India and have never been cheated.

I keep a judicious eye on a number of the larger trading websites who report fraudsters and I confirm that collectors in India appear to be no more nor less likely than fraudsters from othercountries where reported fraud is significant.

If you are looking to trade regularly on this site it might be worthwhile keeping a weather eye on such sites.

It is only a gut feeling but it might be that people who contribute on the site generally would be a safe(ish) to trade with ( hope I am not giving a potential fradster ideas !).

It is a fact that despite the apparently huge numbers of fraudsters and thieves in this world the vast majority of people and companies are honest - otherwise despite all the safeguards we employ it would actually be impossible to do any business.

I am not actively exchanging at the moment, but when I did ( and hopefully do so in the future) initial exchanges are low quantity and/or value, building up to the better stuff over time. I have had a small number of failures,but none of which hurt ( other than disappointment )

Malcolm

Redcomet
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by Redcomet »

I was going through 'SELLING YOUR STAMPS' page and the fourth post titled "*** WARNING *** ..... re dealing with THESE ex-Members" caught my attention. After reading the entire post, I'm simply lost for words!!! :shock: :( :x Above all, I'm happy that the efforts of few persistent members resulted in justice being delivered :D

On a lighter note, this could well be the plot of a next thriller movie similar to the Spanish movie "Nueve Reinas" (Nine Queens) released in 2000 :mrgreen: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247586/

Darshan
"All science is either physics or stamp collecting" - Ernest Rutherford

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

A timely 'bump' for this topic. :mrgreen:

Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Re: Hunting Vacuum Cleaners" Same as Computers.

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

simply-goodies wrote: I just read what Shona had to say, "Also, it is the Indian culture to bargain and get the work done for less money that is why the world is drawing to India to run their business it is not begging or haggling but pure business. "
Indian culture isn't the only one that bargains to get work done for less money, it's universal.

And the "world is drawing to India to run their business" isn't not because of any "bargaining" and "haggling" done it's purely because their workers are on absolute minimal wages.

Unfortunately vacuum cleaners here are "begging" and yes it is "pure business" as they without a doubt sell it on once it's received. Not a bad 100% pure profit margin :!:

muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by muruk »

I've traded with people from India on here in the past, and currently in the Cover Collectors Club on facebook.

I have seen no evidence of onselling. Even when I send a giveaway, I always get something in return. Cover, minisheet (popular), postcards, stamps. Some go to the trouble of finding something in my very restricted collecting area ... a difficult task from India ... I think in all their history they have only produced one mini-sheet with a kangaroo in the design.

I have found unethical and inconsiderate people in other parts of the world, but my experiences with India have all been satisfactory.

On the other hand, others' experiences may have been different to mine.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

Lakatoi 4
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Hans, if you look through my post you'll see that I didn't say that Indian members here were vacuum cleaners, it was a general comment on anyone asking for freebies.

muruk

Post by muruk »

Yes, I understand ... apart from my comment about onselling, I was responding more generally to the rest of the thread.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

niek

Post by niek »

Hi, (good afternoon) to all members. :D

A timely bump indeed :mrgreen: ,thank you Glen. :)

If possible can this topics link be included in the "Give away" rules as a must be read from post one (all posts) to last post, and then to give reply post stating( I agree). 8)

Niek. :D
Rome wasn't built in one day:- a good postage stamp collection will take more than one generation to compile it in order to harvest complacence (or complacency). Make provision for it in your will.

chemist562

Post by chemist562 »

I agree with the 30/30 rule regarding asking for free stuff. (I am a new member!).

I wanted to expand my stamp collecting to Australia. Since I been to Australia 5-6 times, I enjoy the people there and I love visiting Australia.

Respecting the 30/30 rule, I bought an Australian stamp collection & catalogue from a stampboards member instead of asking for freebies. I am very pleased with the purchases and in my last weeks/months of my life (I have advanced stages of cancer), getting back into stamp collecting has been very good for me. :D

I have plenty of funds to buy stamps and if I have some extra inexpensive USA stamps, I plan to offer those to the stampboards community. (Note: If I am well enough to go into my garage to find what I have to give away).

Bottom line: Rules are there for valid reasons. :wink: If I could not live with the rules established with this board I was free not to join stampboards. Obviously I joined stampboards & I fully respect the rules of stampboards and I believe that the 30/30 rule for accepting freebies is a decent rule.

chemist562

Post by chemist562 »

Glad I read this thread! I usually like dealing with people I know and and most anyone on stampboards, I trust.

Glad I was able to read this old thread and kudos to everyone who put lots of time/effort to expose the frauds!

ToivoK
I was online for post number ONE MILLION!

Thieves in stamp exchanging

Post by ToivoK »

Hi,

Ever stumbled upon someone who just takes your stamps in exchange and runs with them, never to be heard again of? I mean with enough evidence, such as if it can be proven that he actually received mail sent to him and he plays dead to e-mails?

Would a topic listing such thieves be in order or is it a bad idea to list them? Even by such neutral format "Ryan R from Mauritius"?

During the internet age, it seems unfair that culprits should go about unhindered. In years of swaping stamps, it's the first time such thing happens and I'd really like the offender to have a really short-lived career as a thief of stamps.

Regards,
Toivo
My blog about philately (no updates over the last decade) http://toivostamps.blogspot.com

aethelwulf

Re: Thieves in stamp exchanging

Post by aethelwulf »

Seems rather petty to steal stamps from an exchange partner. After all, most people only send a few dollars' worth. Its not like its bank robbery.
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

ToivoK

Post by ToivoK »

It's indeed a strange behaviour. Perhaps this wasn't the wisest person out there. Still, the stamp exchange site through which he contacted me... if you do not have advertisement there, noone can leave feedback as you do not exist there. So this guy was clever enough not to put up his ad. Have to give some credit to the siteowner though who contacted me shortly after and warned me that this person is dishonest. Not that it did much good.

Yet I've seen in recent months plenty of dishonesty for a mere few dollars. A kiloware seller from Malta with false advertising of his goods (especially condition and percentages), someone selling stamps from Ethiopia and lying about shipping cost just to make a buck or two. Pretty sad persons but they are out there.

Could it be that I'm too picky and fussy about details and condition of things? :roll:
My blog about philately (no updates over the last decade) http://toivostamps.blogspot.com

Dorian
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by Dorian »

Unfortunately it happens a lot. I used to do lots of postal exchanges and built up a list of "bad traders". I use a couple of other sites for the ocasional swap nowadays and they both have lists of these people and regular accusations of bad behaviour. The problem is not knowing what happened to stamps that have been "lost".
The worst offenders use multiple user IDs and email addresses

indieguy

Post by indieguy »

ToivoK wrote:Hi,

Ever stumbled upon someone who just takes your stamps in exchange and runs with them, never to be heard again of? I mean with enough evidence, such as if it can be proven that he actually received mail sent to him and he plays dead to e-mails?

Would a topic listing such thieves be in order or is it a bad idea to list them? Even by such neutral format "Ryan R from Mauritius"?

During the internet age, it seems unfair that culprits should go about unhindered. In years of swaping stamps, it's the first time such thing happens and I'd really like the offender to have a really short-lived career as a thief of stamps.

Regards,
Toivo
Toivo, you live in the World's "freshest air" country - Estonia. Guess you already knew that. So step outside, take some fresh air and get over the issue.
The whole online world is a huge jungle which depends on trust. Stamp exchangers are like bugs in the jungle. The elephants are who hack people's bank account for thousand of dollars and in most cases, the banks are clueless about the situation.

Think about millions of online stores who sell products and a certain percentage of people even after receiving the products file for a chargeback with the credit card company. They keep the product and get their money back too.

So make a policy for your exchange, and stick to it. Whatever you have lost, take that as an experience and the "cost" of getting experienced and smarter.

And send me some of your country's air in an envelope if you can. :lol:
Currently selling off my post independence India MNH collection. 1967 - 2013.

DJM

Post by DJM »

I get lots of emails asking me to 'swap' or 'give away' stamps. When I offer to SELL them to them I never hear from them again. Works for me.

Darrin.

joelk

Post by joelk »

ToivoK,

I presume you contacted this person. Was there any reply to your email(s)?

Best Regards,
Joel.

Andyref2

Post by Andyref2 »

This is an interesting thread. I wonder if most people only offer to "trade" low priced stamps (say $10 USD) or less? Also, what about time to ship the items? I can see something may take awhile, but not to respond to e-mails is just not right.

Something else to consider I suppose before I offer to trade for anything.

Thank you folks for the information!
Be Safe!
Andy Z.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Ever stumbled upon someone who just takes your stamps in exchange and runs with them, never to be heard again of?

I mean with enough evidence, such as if it can be proven that he actually received mail sent to him and he plays dead to e-mails?
If they are members here who steal from you, list them here.

If they are not members here well use some common sense and restrict yourself ONLY to swapping with those here. As otherwise you have no recourse.

Simple answer to your issue really. :idea:

ToivoK

Post by ToivoK »

joelk wrote:ToivoK,

I presume you contacted this person. Was there any reply to your email(s)?

Best Regards,
Joel.
Indeed, I did contact this person and had no reply from him.

ToivoK

Post by ToivoK »

Andyref2 wrote:This is an interesting thread. I wonder if most people only offer to "trade" low priced stamps (say $10 USD) or less? Also, what about time to ship the items? I can see something may take awhile, but not to respond to e-mails is just not right.

Something else to consider I suppose before I offer to trade for anything.

Thank you folks for the information!
That's why I made this topic. Not because I feel extremely bitter and cheated out of treasure as indieguy might have mistakenly thought but just to share some information. I agree this is a really minor thing but I don't think such persons shouldn't be pointed out. It's not like it's John Smith from USA!

If it's a "package" trade then people usually do not send anything better the first time. But I have to say these package trades are pretty useless unless it's perhaps stamps from region of which you have a good chance to add anything as a world collector. Other than that, it's either wantlists or save on postage and buy what I need. I did dream that I'd get some duplicates on certain countries for study, even if they are cheap stamps. This could be one of the reasons.

Regarding shipping time - in this case it took about month but as it was Registered letter, I was able to track it's delivery to the destination. NB! Letter was delivered and my message was not answered.

ToivoK

Post by ToivoK »

Global Administrator wrote:

Ever stumbled upon someone who just takes your stamps in exchange and runs with them, never to be heard again of?

I mean with enough evidence, such as if it can be proven that he actually received mail sent to him and he plays dead to e-mails?
If they are members here who steal from you, list them here.

If they are not members here well use some common sense and restrict yourself ONLY to swapping with those here. As otherwise you have no recourse.

Simple answer to your issue really. :idea:
Good suggestion worth following!

Dorian

Post by Dorian »

From my experiences, I would suggest a few tell-tale signs of good and bad traders:
1. Some people have their own website where they go to the trouble of showing scans/lists of stamps they have available and/or stamps they need. They will probably be reliable.
2. Some swapping sites have feedback systems (similar to ebay) so you have an idea of who you’re dealing with.
3. If a person is offering a ridiculous trade, eg they want 100 different very fine used stamps from Pacific islands from 2000 onwards, and in exchange they are offering used eastern Europe 1960s-70s, then I would steer clear.
4. You make contact with someone (or they make contact with you) and you start discussing what you’re going to swap. You send them a scan of what you have available and they say “I’ll take all of them” and they fail to send you a scan of what they offer in return, then I would steer clear.
5. Some people bicker about who’s going to send first. The normal protocol is for the person who makes contact first to send first. So if someone contacts you and insists that you send them stamps before they do, then I would steer clear.

indieguy

Post by indieguy »

Dorian wrote:From my experiences, I would suggest a few tell-tale signs of good and bad traders:
1. Some people have their own website where they go to the trouble of showing scans/lists of stamps they have available and/or stamps they need. They will probably be reliable.
2. Some swapping sites have feedback systems (similar to ebay) so you have an idea of who you’re dealing with.
3. If a person is offering a ridiculous trade, eg they want 100 different very fine used stamps from Pacific islands from 2000 onwards, and in exchange they are offering used eastern Europe 1960s-70s, then I would steer clear.
4. You make contact with someone (or they make contact with you) and you start discussing what you’re going to swap. You send them a scan of what you have available and they say “I’ll take all of them” and they fail to send you a scan of what they offer in return, then I would steer clear.
5. Some people bicker about who’s going to send first. The normal protocol is for the person who makes contact first to send first. So if someone contacts you and insists that you send them stamps before they do, then I would steer clear.

Strongly agree. I have had experiences with a few who contacted first but then wanted me to send the stamps first. Obviously I do not respond to such requests.
Currently selling off my post independence India MNH collection. 1967 - 2013.

serenity

Post by serenity »

NEVER, and I repeat NEVER underestimate the power of Stampboards.! :idea: :arrow: 8)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wishfulkelly

Post by wishfulkelly »

Hi

I am new on the board, can I join the pay if forward thread? :)

Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

You can once you meet the rules for it.

wishfulkelly

Post by wishfulkelly »

Tassie_Stamps wrote:You can once you meet the rules for it.
I don't see any rules for the PIF thread.

Brummie
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by Brummie »

You will find the Rules on page 1, here is the link:-

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12200&hilit=PIF

wishfulkelly

Post by wishfulkelly »

Brummie wrote:You will find the Rules on page 1, here is the link:-

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12200&hilit=PIF

Thank you so much. I will be patient and explore more on the board before I join any swap. You have been really helpful.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

chemist562 wrote:
Bottom line: Rules are there for valid reasons. :wink: If I could not live with the rules established with this board I was free not to join stampboards.
BINGO. :)

Andyref2

Post by Andyref2 »

This thread was awesome! I am hoping this all worked out now. Learn something new every day!
Be Safe!
Andy Z.

Dekesdaddy
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by Dekesdaddy »

Wow it's a little intimidating to read this thread. So many strong emotions and opinions!

I am so new to stamp collecting that I doubt my contributions will ever be more than "wow thanks!" And "I never knew that!". For me to contribute something educational to the experienced members of this awesome board is, frankly, impossible!

I really appreciate all the guidance and information from all of you.

Cheers
Dekesdaddy

Michael Beharry
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Michael Beharry »

I've only exchanged stamps with a few people...complete strangers...and fortunately, I never got burnt. These were people who posted ads in the swap classifieds in Linn's Stamp News...a US newspaper-sized publication. I sent stamps first...got responses a couple weeks later...guess I was fortunate NOT to run into any thieves.

MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

A couple of thoughts:

If you are exchanging through a site then report the baddies to the site Admin.

Hopefully they will take some action against serial offenders (as we would here on SB).

Alternatively, approach the whole swapping experience with a different mindset: instead of viewing it as a quasi commercial transaction, just look upon it as a recreational gamble like a bet on a horse- sometimes you lose, sometimes you break even and occasionally you have a win :lol:
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/

fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

There has to be a certain level of stupidity in anyone who thinks that getting maybe $2 - 5 worth of stamps and then running away is worth the time and the effort. I had one early in the Chain letter thread who grabbed maybe $4 worth of stamps and was never seen again. Not a big deal, in the years since, he has missed out on so much that it would make his head explode.

We have had other members here who have been crooks, but they have been publicly named, shamed and banned when caught, and have not even understood that $1,000's of free stamps are happily given away every year IF they just chose to be honest, and a member of the community. The AFL tipping contest alone gave away around $600 worth of stamps this year for what? A commitment to make 23 posts in 6 months! I don't know the value of the material given away an the various Grand Prix threads, but it would certainly add up to a tidy amount.

Plus all the other stuff that is freely offered.

I simply do not understand the mentality of people who think that getting a few free stamps is worth the effort of being a thief. Stay on the Boards, be part of the community that we have here, and be honest. It's not so hard. And, gee, in the long run, it certainly provides a better outcome.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

ToivoK

Post by ToivoK »

I've had about 100 exchanges this year, with several collectors multiple exchanges. Except for this Mauritius Ryan, noone else took my stamps and disappeared. Majority of trades have been through other sites though. Trades with Stampboards members have all been fine. Both sides received stamps.

I'm having a break with exchanges though for a while now.

Toivo

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

ToivoK wrote:Trades with Stampboards members have all been fine. Both sides received stamps.
Well there is a clear lesson there.

Anyone that tries it here will not be a member. Period.

Some sites do not give a damn. We do.

Glen

patg

Post by patg »

On a lighter note; there is always the chance they pitched over, stone cold, before they had a chance to post a return.
Just saying :shock:

gtap
:D "I don't have a lot - But I like what I got" :D

MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

They are not going to complain about being banned then 8)
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/

patg

Post by patg »

:lol:

Michael Beharry

Post by Michael Beharry »

fromdownunder wrote: I simply do not understand the mentality of people who think that getting a few free stamps is worth the effort of being a thief. Stay on the Boards, be part of the community that we have here, and be honest. It's not so hard. And, gee, in the long run, it certainly provides a better outcome.
As a new member I am looking forward to this as soon as I qualify for 20/20.

patg

Post by patg »

Michael Beharry wrote:
fromdownunder wrote: I simply do not understand the mentality of people who think that getting a few free stamps is worth the effort of being a thief. Stay on the Boards, be part of the community that we have here, and be honest. It's not so hard. And, gee, in the long run, it certainly provides a better outcome.
As a new member I am looking forward to this as soon as I qualify for 20/20.
Welcome: Have fun, read the rules and proceed with care (Start in the shallow end of the pool). Take some time to see what others are doing with success; and in time you will have set up a network of really great people to trade with.

And, by all means, try to keep clear of someone who's gona' keel over before they send you your stamps! :lol:

patg

fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

patg wrote:And, by all means, try to keep clear of someone who's gona' keel over before they send you your stamps! :lol:

patg
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

Return to “SWAP your stamps and covers with other collectors Worldwide - or GIVE them away FREE!”