Palmpex November 12/14, 2010 Stamp Show - New Zealand

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

David Smitham
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Palmpex November 12/14, 2010 Stamp Show - New Zealand

Post by David Smitham »

The 2010 New Zealand national stamp exhibition will be held in Palmerston North in the lower North Island of New Zealand from 12 to 14 November 2010.

Australian entries may be submitted via the Australian commissioner - Paul Barsdell (email paul.b[at]iinet.net.au).

New Zealand entries and those from elsewhere may be submitted via the Palmpex website http://www.stampsnz.co.nz/palmpex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where the prospectus and entry form can be accessed.

The closing date for entries is 31 July 2010

As the chairman of Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show I welcome all Stampboards readers to participate either via entering and/or via attending the exhibition.

A separate post regarding fundraising souvenirs will be made shortly on Stampboards.
David Smitham
Royalpex 2025 NZ National stamp exhibition, 7-9 March, Palmerston North, NZ.
David Smitham

Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show Souvenirs

Post by David Smitham »

The current budget for Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show is just under NZ$90,000 and the organisers are raising funds to help cover the costs of staging this NZ national stamp exhibition. One of the ways to raise funds is by taking up suppporting memberships for yourself + spouse(s!) and family members/pets.

You can support Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show by taking up a 150 club supporting membership as well as by purchasing souvenirs.

Illustrated above is a 150 club supporting membership Narnia 50c miniature sheet - free to the first 150 supporting members. These will only be distributed mint.

These differ from the remaining 850 overprinted 50c Narnia miniature sheets in that the 150 club supporting membership miniature sheets were overprinted and numbered in navy blue ink whereas the ordinary miniature sheets were overprinted in silver ink only - illustrated above.

Of the 850 silver overprinted Narnia miniature sheets a number have been cancelled; 100 FDCs were prepared and cancelled with the Palmerston North 22 September 2009 cds. These are available either individually mint, used or on FDC or, as a unit of three.

Illustrated below is an example of one of only 150 of the 150 club $1.00 Narnia miniature sheets; overprinted and numbered in gold ink.

The numbered overprinted $1.00 Narnia miniature sheets, when ordered by supporting members, will accompany the matching numbered overprinted 50c Narnia miniature sheets; again these will only be distributed mint.

We are proud to announce the production of our first transport theme customised advertising stamps (or CALs). It is appropriate for Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show to produce a steam train customised advertising stamp as vintage steam train excursions regularly pass through Palmerston North heading for points of interest beyond the city.

Two different types of Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show Ja 1271 steam train excursion stamps were produced; self adhesive and conventionally gummed. 20 sheets of each stamp type were printed, 120 FDCs of each stamp type were produced and cancelled with the Palmerston North 22 September 2009 cds.

The conventionally gummed and self adhesive Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show Ja 1271 steam train excursion stamps are available in complete sheets mint; blocks of four mint or used, and as a single on first day cover.

2 different imperforate laser proof stamps exist with the same basic train image but with different colour side stripes and text. Singles of each proof design plus a single of each mint stamp are available as a unit of four.

Prices in NZ$ as follows

Item #2a 150 club supporting membership (and free 50c Narnia min sheet*) 25.00
2b 150 club supporting members' only offer (numbered $1.00 Narnia min sheet) 10.00

3a 50c Narnia m/s overprinted but unnumbered Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show m 5.00
3b 50c Narnia m/s overprinted but unnumbered Palmpex 2010 Stamp used 5.00
3c 50c Narnia m/s overprinted but unnumbered Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show FDC 6.00
3d special offer - one of each item 3a, 3b and 3c above 15.00

4a steam train 2 different customised advertising stamp (CAL) [+]s mint 25.00
4b steam train 2 different customised advertising stamp [+]s used 25.00
4c steam train 2 different single customised advertising stamps on 2 diff FDCs 10.00
4d special offer - one of each item 4a, 4b and 4c above 55.00
4e steam train 2 different complete sheets mint 225.00
4f steam train 2 imperf laser proof singles + 2 different stamps (4v) mint 40.00

* only 150 supporting memberships available.

post/packing $2 domestic NZ & $5 o/seas appliccable on all orders

Visa and Mastercard credit cards accepted

Orders & enquiries should be made to: palmpex2010[at]inspire.net.nz

Thank you for your support.

David
(chaiman Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show)
David Smitham
David Smitham

Re: Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show Souvenirs

Post by David Smitham »

Greetings!

Further to the above: item 4e is no longer available.

Additional souvenirs were produced earlier this year and were based on a stock car theme.

In February 2009 a large contingent of teams and their stock cars took part in a 2 day race meeting in Palmerston North. For this event the Palmpex 2010 organisers approached one of the speedway track's sponsors to help produce some more customised advertising stamps (for a fee).

The above stamp features the well known speedway vehicle based in Palmerston North The Tank.

Demand for souvenirs of these stamps has been great so that only a few different items (but no mint) remain; viz.

5b The Tank used block of four .......................... $12.50
5c The Tank on FDC ........................................ $ 6.00
5f The Tank on Robertson Motors postcard FDC .... $15.00
item 5c
item 5f
For the Manawatu Philatelic convention held just before Easter in Palmerston North another stock car related customised advertising stamp was produced.

Mint (singles) and FDCs only are available of these two items. The above stamp at has Stamp Show printed in blue in the white stripe at the side, unlike that shown above it.

Each FDC contains one of the two different stamps (cancelled on the cover) and the other (mint) inside. 250 of each FDC was produced.

FDCs are also lucky dips and may contain a range of stamp prizes and only one will contain an NZ$400 travel voucher! 2 different Lucky Dip FDCs (i.e. one of each type stamp mint and FDC) are offered and a discount is offered for purchases of 5 at a time.

6e Lucky Dip FDCs (2 different) ..... $10.00
6h Lucky dip FDCs x 5 .................. $20.00

As before a $2.00 (NZ) or a $5.00 (overseas) handling charge applies to cover postage and packing.

Visa & Mastercard accepted

Further enquiries to: palmpex2010[at]inspire.net.nz

Thank you.
David Smitham
MargoZ
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show

Post by MargoZ »

Time for Oz-based members to start contemplating attending Palmpex in November.

Glen and I look like we are more than likely to be there- a good excuse for a Stampboards lunch or dinner?
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/
ozstamps
PLATINUM Shooting Star *10,000* Posts!
PLATINUM Shooting Star  *10,000* Posts!

Re: Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show Souvenirs

Post by ozstamps »

David Smitham wrote:
The current budget for Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show is just under NZ$90,000 and the organisers are raising funds to help cover the costs of staging this NZ national stamp exhibition.

One of the ways to raise funds is by taking up supporting memberships for yourself + spouse(s!) and family members/pets.

You can support Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show by taking up a 150 club supporting membership as well as by purchasing souvenirs.

Prices in NZ$ as follows

Item #2a 150 club supporting membership (and free 50c Narnia min sheet*) 25.00
2b 150 club supporting members' only offer (numbered $1.00 Narnia min sheet) 10.00
David .. sounds like a great cause - can you put www.stampboards.com down as a Supporting Member please. I'll pay for a membership on behalf of those here. 8)

And members may well wish to chase up some of these direct for themselves to add to their collections. :D

Glen
iomoon
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Re: Palmpex November 2010 Stamp Show-New Zealand

Post by iomoon »

Does anyone know what the backdrop is for the two Narnia sheets?

I collect Volcanos on stamps
ozstamps

Post by ozstamps »

iomoon wrote:Does anyone know what the backdrop is for the two Narnia sheets?
I realise you are from inland Texas Jim, but I believe this one is called the SEA!
iomoon

Post by iomoon »

There are little things sticking up out of the sea.
As a citizen of the once mightiest naval country in the world (UK), I believe they are called islands.

:D :D :D :D :D

I collect Volcanos on stamps
David Smitham

Post by David Smitham »

Hi!

Somewhere along the way those little things sticking out of the sea were once parts of volcanoes - right up your street!

To be honest I have no idea where the stamp scenes were taken around our coastline. To be on the safeside: buy these items and visit New Zealand and then see if you can match up the view with reality!
David Smitham
petercollects0
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by petercollects0 »

Not absolutely certain but I think these scenes were filmed around the Coromandel Peninsula in the North Island of New Zealand.

Cheers
Peter
Graeme Morriss
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Graeme Morriss »

MargoZ wrote:Time for Oz-based members to start contemplating attending Palmpex in November.

Glen and I look like we are more than likely to be there- a good excuse for a Stampboards lunch or dinner?
Well, I'm in! Have we got a time and a date, yet?
David Smitham is a local, he should be able to recommend somewhere.

The Manawatu Society is having its function on the Wednesday night. The official dinner is Saturday night. I haven't heard of anything on the Friday?
Graeme Morriss - Hon. Secretary, Manly-Warringah Stamp Club
https://www.philas.net.au/manly-warringah-stamp-club
Mark

Re: Palmpex November 2010 Stamp Show - New Zealand

Post by Mark »

How about breakfast/ brunch on the Sunday morning ?

Cheers Mark
for more information on NZ 1935 pictorials visit http://www.newzealandstamps.net
David Smitham

Re: Palmpex November 12/14, 2010 Stamp Show - New Zealand

Post by David Smitham »

Geez guys!

Talk about getting lumbered with things!! I am still relatively new to Palmerston North and such things as restaurants here are not well known to us.

Firstly, with a young family we tend not to veer away from the likes of 2 well known family style restaurants: Cobb & Co is one, and the other which we frequent is the Lone Star.

Both are licenced and are central city locations.

I checked with a long time resident and current NZSDA dealer - Bruce Graves. He suggested that the following would also be suitable for casual dining - being licenced as well.

The Aberdeen (a steakhouse) on Broadway Ave; La Patio on Fitzherbert; Aqaba on Boradway Ave and Cafe Vavasseur. All are central city and there are numerous good Thai restaurants in the central area too.

I hope that this helps?

My middle boy who has a disability has his birthday on 11 November so we will be out for a meal either that night (but I am judging!!) or probably on the Friday evening.

I look forward to seeing you at the exhibition - now NEXT month!
David Smitham
GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

David .. are you able to confirm the stampboards meeting time, date and venue you were kindly checking on for us to be slotted in? :mrgreen:
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
David Smitham

Post by David Smitham »

Whilst we are still organising things for Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show - I have slotted in a meeting for stampboards.com on saturday 13 November from 3.45 pm to 4.45 pm.

This is not only for stampboarders to meet each other but is also a chance for folks to learn about this site and what it offers the average and not so average collector.

During my almost 3 years as a member I found this to be a very useful site; initially during my recovery from injury for amusement and more recently as a source for information.

It is this aspect of philately that I suspect Glenn will stress when he hosts the meeting next month.

Hasta la vista!
David Smitham
David Smitham

Post by David Smitham »

Greetings from Palmerston North!

Next month will see this year's New Zealand national philatelic exhibition staged in Palmerston North. Already various fundraising souvenirs have been prepared by the organising committee of Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show, of which I am the chairman.

Thanks to New Zealand Post I am able to illustrate their exhibition miniature sheet - below.

As you will see it features three circular $1.50 kiwi stamps set against a back drop of wind turbines - the latter are readily seen from Palmerston North.

These miniature sheets will be available from the New Zealand Post stand at Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show as well as of course from their philatelic bureau in Wanganui.

There will be one opportunity and only one to acquire an imperforate press sheet of 12 miniature sheets.

New Zealand Post has agreeed to donate this item, which will be auctioned at the Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show awards dinner on Saturday 13 November.

With birds being an extremely popular topic amongst collectors there can only be 12 imperforate miniature sheets once this press sheet has been broken down!

If you want one (or more!) then speak to Glen who will no doubt be doing his best to corner the market of these items as he will be attending the awards dinner!

Thank you.

David.
David Smitham
admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Post by admin »

David Smitham wrote:
Thanks to New Zealand Post I am able to illustrate their exhibition miniature sheet - below.

As you will see it features three circular $1.50 kiwi stamps set against a back drop of wind turbines - the latter are readily seen from Palmerston North.

These miniature sheets will be available from the New Zealand Post stand at Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show as well as of course from their philatelic bureau in Wanganui.

There will be one opportunity and only one to acquire an imperforate press sheet of 12 miniature sheets.

New Zealand Post has agreeed to donate this item, which will be auctioned at the Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show awards dinner on Saturday 13 November.

With birds being an extremely popular topic amongst collectors there can only be 12 imperforate miniature sheets once this press sheet has been broken down!

If you want one (or more!) then speak to Glen who will no doubt be doing his best to corner the market of these items as he will be attending the awards dinner!

Thank you.

David.
Yikes ... that will sell for PLENTY!
GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

Graeme Morriss wrote:
MargoZ wrote:Time for Oz-based members to start contemplating attending Palmpex in November.

Well, I'm in! Have we got a time and a date, yet?

David Smitham is a local, he should be able to recommend somewhere.

The Manawatu Society is having its function on the Wednesday night. The official dinner is Saturday night.

I haven't heard of anything on the Friday?
Let's try and aim for any stampboarders around the place to hook up for dinner Friday night?

So how many starters do we have, so we can get a plan in place? :D

Glen
MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

Only a few days to go now. I've been advised to pack some winter woollies 8)

Look forward to catching up with other Stampboarders for dinner on Friday!
Graeme Morriss

Post by Graeme Morriss »

I would like to attend the Friday night dinner and the Saturday meeting.

Thank you Margo, Glen and David for organising these.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Pity I can't come along, but maybe another year in the not-so-distant future. NZ is high on my list of places to visit!
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

Here is your chance to help celebrate the New Zealand National Stamp Exhibition.

Stampboards members love competitions even when the prize is purely one of self-satisfaction.

All we are asking you to do is nominate your all-time favourite New Zealand stamp and tell us in a few words why it is your choice.

There will be two 'winners' - one a Kiwi and the other from somewhere else in this wide world of stamp collecting. When the choice has been made 'your' stamp will be featured on a poster prepared especially for Palmpex.

Time is short (the event starts on Friday and Glen and MargoZ leave Sydney on Wednesday night) so please post your entry on this thread as quickly as possible. A tentative deadline is Wednesday at noon (our time) and that is less than 45 hours away.

There are many wonderful stamps to choose from so good luck to all.

If you are not aware of the Stampboard posters have a look at -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19143.
Here to learn
Here to enjoy
gavin-h

Post by gavin-h »

I'll start the ball rolling:

For me, it's SG913, 1970 - 10c Return of "Cardigan Bay" to New Zealand.

Maybe an odd choice to some, but when I was a young boy collector at that time, my Godmother had an elder sister who'd emigrated to NZ, and I was the grateful recipient of all the stamps off letters, cards etc. This one just struck me with is sense of movement and vivid colour - and trotting was something we never saw in England. Even now, when I think of NZ, this stamp is the first image that comes into my mind :idea:

I also loved the Christmas issues of the 1960s with their "Old Masters" paintings...
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

So many of my favourite stamps are NZ stamps, so it's soo hard to choose only one! There are many issues that I love and it's even hard to pick one stamp from one issue. But here's one that's really high in my books:

The image could not be recovered
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

So many of my favourite stamps are NZ stamps, so it's soo hard to choose only one! There are many issues that I love and it's even hard to pick one stamp from one issue. But here's one that's really high in my books:

The image could not be recovered

1898 Mt Cook (although I think some were issued after this too, probably with only a slightly different design).

Like gavin-h, this stamp portrays what I imagine when I think of New Zealand. For many this country is the real Tolkien's Middle Earth, and indeed for me New Zealand is also "Middle Earth" so in some ways it's a wonder I haven't picked one of the Lord of the Rings issues! I have never been there, but have a strong desire to go one day because of my love of the countryside and mountains. The peaceful valley here looks like Rivendell in Middle Earth. This stamp's design only increases my longing to see this country with my own eyes! :D Not only that, but like all engraved stamps the detail is superb. It only draws one into the picture, and you almost want to see what is around the bend in the valley and over the mountain.

Edit: Oh what the heck happened there?? A double post or something, [at]#$%^& computer!
Last edited by Catweazle on 09 Nov 2010 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

My favourite:

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain
fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Catweazle wrote:Like gavin-h, this stamp portrays what I imagine when I think of New Zealand. For many this country is the real Tolkien's Middle Earth, and indeed for me New Zealand is also "Middle Earth" so in some ways it's a wonder I haven't picked one of the Lord of the Rings issues! I have never been there...
I have never been to Middle Earth either. :lol:

But seriously, New Zealand is everything it is made out to be in the Tour Brochures and more. When you go, you Must, must must spend at least 2 - 3 days at Bay of Islands (but not the whole time, there is too much else to see).

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain
Possum

Post by Possum »

My favourite....

This shows how much the city of Auckland has progressed/developed in the years between 1852 and 1998.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

fromdownunder wrote: But seriously, New Zealand is everything it is made out to be in the Tour Brochures and more. When you go, you Must, must must spend at least 2 - 3 days at Bay of Islands (but not the whole time, there is too much else to see).

Norm
Don't worry Norm, I don't intend do go on a glass-window tour (the bus tours with all the oldies and Japanese tourists!), but would do my own thing. :wink:
KevinHedley

Re: Competition + Palmpex Nov 12/14 2010 Stamp Show - NZ

Post by KevinHedley »

Any more favourite New Zealand stamps?

Submit your nomination now.
Here to learn
Here to enjoy
KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

Thanks to gavin-h, Catweazle, fromdownunder and Possum for their nominations.

As these were the only entries received I declare everyone a winner and have used all four entries in the posters.

Here to learn
Here to enjoy
KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

Here are the two other posters prepared for PALMPEX.

Here to learn
Here to enjoy
ozstamps

Post by ozstamps »

Very classy Kevin. :)
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!
ozstamps

Post by ozstamps »

OK for those in town, Graham and I decided upon De Coree - authentic Korean Cuisine.

88 Fitzherbert St.

Intereting looking meals, and good prics, and it is BYO $NZ5 a bottle.

Large supermarket that sells wine is just 100 yards away.

We will be there about 7.45pm.

See anyone there who is about. :mrgreen:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!
MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

David Smitham wrote:Whilst we are still organising things for Palmpex 2010 Stamp Show - I have slotted in a meeting for stampboards.com on Saturday 13 November from 3.45 pm to 4.45 pm.

This is not only for stampboarders to meet each other but is also a chance for folks to learn about this site and what it offers the average and not so average collector.

During my almost 3 years as a member I found this to be a very useful site; initially during my recovery from injury for amusement and more recently as a source for information.

It is this aspect of philately that I suspect Glenn will stress when he hosts the meeting next month.

Hasta la vista!
Remember for those attending we have this 3.45pm Saturday meeting above - hoping to see a few members along! :D
neopanax
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by neopanax »

I attended the Saturday get together - although I wandered in a bit late. It was good to meet Glenn and Margo in person. The discussions were informative to me as a Stampboards bunny. The discussion on fraud (or misleading advertising, I should say) was particularly interesting. I've obviously started using Stampboards.
Bob
MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

Nice to meet you too Bob and members Graeme Morriss and Mark as well as another half dozen collectors interested in joining at the meeting.

The night before we had a very fine Korean feast on sizzling hot plates...Glen and Graeme were keen to try the roasted eel. Maybe we should make that a standard for future Stampboards dinners?

Our member David Smitham did a fabulous job overseeing the whole Palmpex event.

Many thanks to him for his hospitality and it was lovely to meet son Sheridan and both Mrs Smithams at the Palmares last night.
(David's wife and mother ..I should hasten to add).

Graeme and Glen have taken lots of pictures so stay posted for those...
admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

Great meeting everyone, and again thanks to David Smitham, the Chairman of the Exhibition, for looking after us so well.

I helped out the fund raising by bidding $400 for one of 2 known DOUBLE OVERPRINTS on the 'NARNIA' sheet last night at the Palmares Dinner.

If anyone collects these sort of official and interesting Exhibition items, please let me know. (The "Normal" sheet is below.)

Now off to Bora Bora ...................... :mrgreen:
Graeme Morriss

Post by Graeme Morriss »

The Exhibition was held in the heart of the North Island of New Zealand, as you can see by the Maori Battalion Hall being just down the road:

To indicate New Zealanders' sense of priorities, a prominent building at the sports complex where the Exhibition was held was the New Zealand Rugby Museum:

The building housing the Exhibition is a basketball arena:

Local members welcomed you at the entrance:

And this is what we saw:

The dealers included Chris Wells of Philatelic Distributors:

and David Holmes of Auckland City Stamps:

and Don and Sue White of Dunedin Stamp Centre"

John Mowbray of J R Mowbray Philatelist drove Sydney dealer Glen Stephens around town in his V12 Bentley:

Glen, MargoZ and Graeme Morriss had dinner at a Korean restaurant on Friday night:

and we all met at the official Awards Dinner on Saturday night:

As David Smitham posted above, one of the Exhibition souvenirs featured a stock car because there was a stock car meeting in town at the same time:

And driving home, 70 kilometres south of Palmerston North, I popped into John Mowbray's modest little company at Otaki. The company's delivery vehicle was parked outside:

All in all, a very enjoyable weekend and I would like to add my thanks to all the hard workers who made it possible.
KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

Thanks for such a comprehensive report Graeme. Some interesting photos.
Here to learn
Here to enjoy
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

A V12 Bentley? 8)
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Catweazle wrote:A V12 Bentley? 8)
You bet. :mrgreen:

He showed Graham and I under the bonnet - two large AUDI V6 engines, somehow joined together to make a V12.

He said Rolls Royce have not made auto engines for some years?

(They have focused their energies into making engines for Airbus A380s that blow up in mid air it seems!)
MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

Thnaks for the pics Graeme. It was great catching up with you in NZ.
admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

Great to see young folks taking that interest in stamps over in NZ.

I was sitting at the Palmares Award Dinner table with Geoff Lewis, who was the Australian Judge for the Exhibition.

Also sitting with me was young Hadley Muller who I think was EIGHT - who won the Youth Development prize for "Dinosaur Extreme".

Which was a $500 cheque -- pretty hot stuff for a youngster! He was very pleased to let me take these pix of his medal and cheque. And I have passed the scans on to his grandpa. :D

A lovely young kid, and his proud Grandfather Jeff Long was also at the table, and I think he is the Chairman on the next big NZ show in Christchurch November 2011 - so I am sure he'll be encouraged to improve the exhibit by then, under good guidance!

Hopefully we can ask Jeff if https://www.stampboards.com can be allocated an official meeting time as we were at PALMPEX, which was very successful, and new members were signed up due to that.

Our stampboards member David Smitham was Chairman of PALMPEX, and was enormously helpful to stampboards - David is at far right in the award table photo.

Glen

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

Don and Sue White beaming wildly, as I had clearly paid far too much for the goodies I had found there!
MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

Congratulations to young Hadley.
Who says collecting is for oldies??
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

MargoZ wrote:Congratulations to young Hadley.
Who says collecting is for oldies??
Stamp collectors may not always be old...but at least we're all wise 8)

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”