Sharing my stamps of PRC + Hong Kong (with F.D.C.s) from mid 90s.

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: Justin, snaws, Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Sharing my stamps of PRC + Hong Kong (with F.D.C.s) from mid 90s.

Post by Waffle »

Sharing my stamps of Chinese Peoples republic and Hong Kong(with F.D.C.s) from mid 90s onward.

Chinese Yearbook 2003 Frontspiece.
Chinese Yearbook 2003 Frontspiece.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Re: Sharing my stamps of Chinese Peoples republic and Hong Kong(with F.D.C.s) from mid 90s onward.

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Peoples Republic Of China 2003
Stamp of Peoples Republic Of China 2003
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Re: Sharing my stamps of PRC + Hong Kong (with F.D.C.s) from mid 90s.

Post by Waffle »

I have finally been able to access the 2003 yearbook and can report the last post was of the Suzhou Gardens of the Master of Nets and were issued 29/6/03.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of People's republic of China 2003 Lilys Issued 5/3/03 Designers Zeng Xiaolian &  Yang Jiankum
Stamp of People's republic of China 2003 Lilys Issued 5/3/03 Designers Zeng Xiaolian & Yang Jiankum
Last edited by Waffle on 25 Feb 2021 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 Lilys Miniature Sheet Issued 5/3/03. Painter Zeng Xiaolian Designer Wang Huming.
Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 Lilys Miniature Sheet Issued 5/3/03. Painter Zeng Xiaolian Designer Wang Huming.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Bell Tower and Mosque A Joint issue of China and Japan Issued 15/4/2003 Designers Yin Huili/Zhen Mingshu/Xierde(Iran)
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Bell Tower and Mosque A Joint issue of China and Japan Issued 15/4/2003 Designers Yin Huili/Zhen Mingshu/Xierde(Iran)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of the People's Republic of China 2003 The Year of Guiwei Issued 5/1/03 Designer Wang Huming  The 2 Yuan stamp states The New Year Ushering Good Fortune. The 80 fen stamp represents Grest Auspiciousness in the Year Of Guiwei Clay Artists were Hu Xinming/Hu Shen.
Stamp of the People's Republic of China 2003 The Year of Guiwei Issued 5/1/03 Designer Wang Huming The 2 Yuan stamp states The New Year Ushering Good Fortune. The 80 fen stamp represents Grest Auspiciousness in the Year Of Guiwei Clay Artists were Hu Xinming/Hu Shen.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of the People's Republic Of China 2003 Seal Characters, an ancient style ofChinese Calligraphy. Issued22/2/03  Designer Wang Huming The stamps represent The Western Zhou's Dynasty's Tripod of Duke Mao/the Qin Dynasty's Carving of Mount Tai.
Stamp of the People's Republic Of China 2003 Seal Characters, an ancient style ofChinese Calligraphy. Issued22/2/03 Designer Wang Huming The stamps represent The Western Zhou's Dynasty's Tripod of Duke Mao/the Qin Dynasty's Carving of Mount Tai.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 Leshan Giant Bhudda Issued 28/4/03 Designer Wang Huming.
Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 Leshan Giant Bhudda Issued 28/4/03 Designer Wang Huming.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Ancient Bridges of Chine, Arch Bridges Issued29/3/01 Designer Zhang Hongbin. The bridges depiocted are in order The Maple Bridge/The Xiaoshang Bridge/ The Marco Polo Bridge and the Double Dragon Bridge.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Ancient Bridges of Chine, Arch Bridges Issued29/3/01 Designer Zhang Hongbin. The bridges depiocted are in order The Maple Bridge/The Xiaoshang Bridge/ The Marco Polo Bridge and the Double Dragon Bridge.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People'sRepublic of China 2003 Yangliuquing Woodprint New Year Pictures Issued 25/1/03 Designer Wang Huming
Stamp of The People'sRepublic of China 2003 Yangliuquing Woodprint New Year Pictures Issued 25/1/03 Designer Wang Huming

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Painted Statues of the Jinci Temple. Issued 16/8/03 DesignerLing Lianwei.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Painted Statues of the Jinci Temple. Issued 16/8/03 DesignerLing Lianwei.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Gulangyu Island Miniature Sheet Issued 2/5/03 Designer Yang Wenqing.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Gulangyu Island Miniature Sheet Issued 2/5/03 Designer Yang Wenqing.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 Gulangyu Island Issued2/5/03 Designer Yang Wenqing.
Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 Gulangyu Island Issued2/5/03 Designer Yang Wenqing.

nigelc
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by nigelc »

Lots of lovely stamps! :D Thanks for posting these.

I especially like the flowers. 8-)
Nigel

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I must admit NigelC, after posting some months ago, that Portugal produced some of the most beautiful stamps that I have come across, re- exploring these Chinese albums has made me change my mind. Some of the art work is truely magnificent.

Why. from an Anglo/European Background, do so many of us put Asian art into the too hard basket and ignore it?

The 2003 yearbook and the earlier yearbook were purchased, on a round the Pacific Rim Princess Lines cruise at Shanghai in 2008. I found a little street stall, near the Railway museum, selling curios, so I bought these 2 yearbooks and they have lain dormant for 13 years.

Ubobo.R.O.
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

UPDATE FROM PUFFIN: China 1994 year book has been scanned.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Great! What about the 2018 U.S.A. book? I have a pile of 2019 stamps purchased in Charleston, at the PO you mapped out for me, and a large number of earlier stamps as well as 3 albums of U.S.A. F.D.C.s from the mid 50s which may interest members. There are also a lot of Hong Kong mint stamps and F.D.C.s purchased from New Zealand Post to go.

This is before we get into Singapore yearpacks. I hope you are free or reasonably cheap for a few months.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Thr People's Republic Of China 2003 Strange Stories froma Chinese Studio One of China's famous Classical Literary Works, Princess of The Dongling Lake Issued16/5/03 Designer Chen Quansheng.
Stamp of Thr People's Republic Of China 2003 Strange Stories froma Chinese Studio One of China's famous Classical Literary Works, Princess of The Dongling Lake Issued16/5/03 Designer Chen Quansheng.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 The Meteorite Shower overJilin Issued 21/6/03 DesignerYu Weihus. Stamps depict Descent/Dispersal and Meteorite No.!.
Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 The Meteorite Shower overJilin Issued 21/6/03 DesignerYu Weihus. Stamps depict Descent/Dispersal and Meteorite No.!.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The people's Republic of China 2003 Strange Stories From A Chinese Studio One of China's One of China's Famous Classical Literary Works. Issued 16/5/03 Designer Chen Quansheng.
Stamp of The people's Republic of China 2003 Strange Stories From A Chinese Studio One of China's One of China's Famous Classical Literary Works. Issued 16/5/03 Designer Chen Quansheng.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's republic Of China Strange Stories From A Chinese Studio One of China'sFamous Classical Literary Works. Issued16/5/03 Designer Chen Quansheng.
Stamp of The People's republic Of China Strange Stories From A Chinese Studio One of China'sFamous Classical Literary Works. Issued16/5/03 Designer Chen Quansheng.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China Tibetan Antelopes Issued 20/7/03 Designers Huang Hauqiang/Hu Zhenyuan.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China Tibetan Antelopes Issued 20/7/03 Designers Huang Hauqiang/Hu Zhenyuan.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Kongtong Mountain Issued26/7/03 Designer Yan Bingwu.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China 2003 Kongtong Mountain Issued26/7/03 Designer Yan Bingwu.

RevRed+
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by RevRed+ »

Following Waffle's great examples, I had a look to see what I had from China. Not much, was the answer, but here we go anyway.
First up is a postcard.

Chinese Postcard:
Chinese Postcard:

5.40Y   Chinese Alligator (Alligator sinensis). Series: Wildlife<br />Catalog codes: Mi:CN 3124, Sn:CN 3006j, Yt:CN 3782 Themes:<br />Animals (Fauna) | Crocodiles | Reptiles<br />Issued on: 2000-02-25
5.40Y Chinese Alligator (Alligator sinensis). Series: Wildlife
Catalog codes: Mi:CN 3124, Sn:CN 3006j, Yt:CN 3782 Themes:
Animals (Fauna) | Crocodiles | Reptiles
Issued on: 2000-02-25

Red.

RevRed+

Post by RevRed+ »

A colleague and a friend brought the next items back from China.

Firstly, I show a rather clever "Ticket For The Science Spot Of Badaling Sencyion Of The Great Wall Of China." (sic) So, it combines items.

The detachable right-hand section of the front (Image 1) appears to be the ticket proper. It has a scratch off section for a "password".

Image 2 is the back of a second page of the ticket. Obviously, I have no idea what the writing says!

Image 3 is the reverse of Image 1. This reveals that after the ticket section is detached, one is left with a minature postcard. It appears to be pre-paid.

Image 4 shows the attached minature sheet of four stamps, marked "Tourist commemorative of the Great Wall."

And, behind the MS is Image 5. Too long for my scanner. Have to show it upside down.

Chinese Souvenir
Chinese Souvenir

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

C5.jpg

Red.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The people's Republic Of China 2003 The 100th Anniversary of the invention of the Aeroplane. Issued9/9/03 Designers Huang Huaqiang/Nie Chongwen.
Stamp of The people's Republic Of China 2003 The 100th Anniversary of the invention of the Aeroplane. Issued9/9/03 Designers Huang Huaqiang/Nie Chongwen.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China Traditional Sports of Ethnic Minorities of China WErestling(Mongols),Whistling Arrow(Tibetans),Horse Racing(uygurs), Swinging(Koreans) Issued 5/9/03 Designer Yia Huili.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China Traditional Sports of Ethnic Minorities of China WErestling(Mongols),Whistling Arrow(Tibetans),Horse Racing(uygurs), Swinging(Koreans) Issued 5/9/03 Designer Yia Huili.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic Of China Traditional Sports of Ethnic Minorities of China Issued 5/9/03 Designer Yin Huili.
Stamp of The People's Republic Of China Traditional Sports of Ethnic Minorities of China Issued 5/9/03 Designer Yin Huili.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 The Art of Books A joint issue with Hungary. Issued30/9/03 Designers Lu Jingren/Andras Andor.
Stamp of The People's Republic of China 2003 The Art of Books A joint issue with Hungary. Issued30/9/03 Designers Lu Jingren/Andras Andor.

RevRed+

Post by RevRed+ »

This is a hardback cloth covered "book" described as "China Stamp Album".

It is in fact a two page stock book with mint stamps and two MS.

Green Chinese Stock Book titled &quot;China Stamp Album.&quot;
Green Chinese Stock Book titled "China Stamp Album."

Page 1 contents.
Page 1 contents.

Page 2 contents
Page 2 contents

MS: China, People's Republic<br />Series:People<br />Catalog codes:Michel CN 992<br />Stamp Number CN 956<br />Stanley Gibbons CN 2369<br />Themes:Revolutionaries<br />Issued on: 1967-09-20
MS: China, People's Republic
Series:People
Catalog codes:Michel CN 992
Stamp Number CN 956
Stanley Gibbons CN 2369
Themes:Revolutionaries
Issued on: 1967-09-20

MS? Unidentified.
MS? Unidentified.

Red.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

That miniature sheet is simply stunning as is it's subject. Artistically, I would give it 20 out of 10.

RevRed+

Post by RevRed+ »

Yes, I agree, it is stunning. But is it a MS? The perforated section has no country name or value. :?: :?:
Red.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”