Show us your Sport and/or Athletes on Stamps

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: Justin, snaws, Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Re: Show us your Sport and/or Athletes on Stamps

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Antigua and Barbuda for U.S.A. "94 world Cup Soccer Championship. Geoff Hurst, England's hat trick hero in their 4-2 victory over West Germany in the 1966 World Cup Final.
Stamp of Antigua and Barbuda for U.S.A. "94 world Cup Soccer Championship. Geoff Hurst, England's hat trick hero in their 4-2 victory over West Germany in the 1966 World Cup Final.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I was able to watch the whole game, on my day off work in London that summer. We were in a boarding house in Hanwell, London, mainly full of Southern Irish Navvies, who were, of course, supporting the German side.

What an attrition since that history making final. We have lost Bobby Moore, Jack Charlton,Gordon Banks and I think, Nobby Stiles. Just the other day, Jimmy Greaves died aged 81 and not forgetting Manager Sir Alf Ramsay! Names to conjure with. It was of course 55 years ago and time stands still for no-one.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football Teams The BC Lions Team. Permanent Value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.
Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football Teams The BC Lions Team. Permanent Value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Calgary Stampeders team. Permanent Value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.
Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Calgary Stampeders team. Permanent Value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Edmonton Eskimos team. Permanent value stamp for the  centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.
Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Edmonton Eskimos team. Permanent value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Saskatchewan Roughriders team.Permanent value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.
Canada 2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Saskatchewan Roughriders team.Permanent value stamp for the centenary of the Grey Cup Competition.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Winnipeg Blue Bombers Team. Permanent Valuie Stamp.
Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Canadian Football League's Winnipeg Blue Bombers Team. Permanent Valuie Stamp.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Permanent Value Stamp for Canadian Football Leagues Hamilton Tiger Cats Team.
Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Permanent Value Stamp for Canadian Football Leagues Hamilton Tiger Cats Team.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Permanent Value stamp for Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts team.
Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Permanent Value stamp for Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts team.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Permanent Value Stamp for Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouttes Team.
Canada 16/8/2012 F.D.C. Permanent Value Stamp for Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouttes Team.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2014 F.D.C. Canadian Winter Sports Female Stars, Sarah Burke,Downhill skier.
Canada 2014 F.D.C. Canadian Winter Sports Female Stars, Sarah Burke,Downhill skier.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2014 F.D.C. Canadian Winter Sports Female Stars, Sandra Schmirler, Curler.
Canada 2014 F.D.C. Canadian Winter Sports Female Stars, Sandra Schmirler, Curler.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2014 F.D.C. Canadian Winter Sports Female Stars, Barbara Anne Scott, Ice Skater
Canada 2014 F.D.C. Canadian Winter Sports Female Stars, Barbara Anne Scott, Ice Skater

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2014 F/D.C. The Canadian Football League returns to Ottawa The Ottawa Redskins Team.
Canada 2014 F/D.C. The Canadian Football League returns to Ottawa The Ottawa Redskins Team.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Alderney Cricket Club Roll of Honour 5 Famous cricketers and commentator par excellence John Arlott. in theory signed by Ian Botham,. None of the others were alive to do so.
Stamp of Alderney Cricket Club Roll of Honour 5 Famous cricketers and commentator par excellence John Arlott. in theory signed by Ian Botham,. None of the others were alive to do so.

jps55liquefy
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by jps55liquefy »

Stamps from Montenegro Success of Women's National Handball Team Buducnost Sport Athletes 28 December 2012
Stamps from Montenegro Success of Women's National Handball Team Buducnost Sport Athletes 28 December 2012

jps55liquefy

Post by jps55liquefy »

Stamp from Ajman 1972 Munich Olympics Gold Medal Winners Karin Buttner-Janz Sport Athletes 1972
Stamp from Ajman 1972 Munich Olympics Gold Medal Winners Karin Buttner-Janz Sport Athletes 1972

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Canada 2015 F.D.C. FIFA Woman's Soccer World Cup Canada 2015.
Canada 2015 F.D.C. FIFA Woman's Soccer World Cup Canada 2015.

vicaf60
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by vicaf60 »

One of a few prepaid Soviet covers featuring rugby (currently on the way to Elkra, to Ireland ;) )

USSR_1977_Rugby Tournament_PPC_1_av.jpg

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Ireland 2011 F.D.C. Centenary of the Irish Amateur Boxing Association.
Ireland 2011 F.D.C. Centenary of the Irish Amateur Boxing Association.

jps55liquefy

Post by jps55liquefy »

Postal Card from Germany 100th Anniversary of Olympic Games Karin Buttner-Janz Sport Athletes 19 April 1996
Postal Card from Germany 100th Anniversary of Olympic Games Karin Buttner-Janz Sport Athletes 19 April 1996

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Ireland 2011 F.D,C, The Solheim Cup The female Equivalent of the Ryder Cup for men's golf.
Ireland 2011 F.D,C, The Solheim Cup The female Equivalent of the Ryder Cup for men's golf.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”