Show the stamp new issues from - Brazil

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Jose Paulo
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Re: Show the stamp new issues from - Brazil

Post by Jose Paulo »

AndyP wrote:AMAZING, those stamps are Beautiful!
Jose, any chance you would be open to an exchange? I, looking for a mint set of these (Christmas Tale: The Steadfast Tin Soldier)
Andy,
Yes, we can make exchanges.
José Paulo
I collect stamps of Bridges, Viaducts and Aqueducts

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 16/2017

Diplomatic Relations Brazil and Chile - 100 Years of Violeta Parra

Photo: Foundation Violeta Parra
Art finishing: Jamile Costa Sallum
Print system: offset
Paper: gummed chalky paper
Sheet with 20 stamps
Facial value: R$3.15
Issue: 600,000 stamps
Design area: 26mm x 44mm
Stamp dimensions: 26mm x 44mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 11
Date of issue: November 21st , 2017

This issue is a tribute to Violeta Parra, composer, singer, plastic artist, ceramist, important folklorist of her country and founder of Chilean popular music. The stamp features the image of Violet, accompanied by her guitar, photographed during a presentation at the "La Scala" Room in Paris, in 1953. Under her photo, an excerpt from the score of one of her songs appears, highlighting the musicality of composer, and the commemorative logo of the 100th anniversary of his birth. At the bottom of the stamp was used the color violet in reference to the name of the honoree.
Stamp 100 Years of Violeta Parra
José Paulo

Girish Vaidya

Post by Girish Vaidya »

Lovely postage stamp issues by Brazil :D :D

Jose Paulo, I would be interested in exchanging for William Shakespeare issue and Violet Parra issue, if possible.

Please let me know if any recent issues of India post interests you(there are 150 plus issues this year alone :mrgreen: :shock: )

Girish Vaidya
I aim to collect one MNH postage stamp (1947 -2017)and one used postage stamp(1947 to 1997) each of the post independent India issues. Other that that, I collect world wide postage stamps on the theme of Cinema. I also collect on authors/painters/musicians/composers and anything on entertainment.

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 17/2017

Baroque Style Church

Photos: Luciano Soares and Nelson Kon
Print system: offset + golden hotstamping
Souvenir Sheet with 1 stamp
Facial value: R$ 2.55
Issue: 50,000 souvenir sheets
Stamp dimension: 38mm x 38mm
Souvenir sheet dimension: 127mm x 85mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 11.5
Date of issue: December 1st , 2017

The background of the image shows the church in perspective, in its totality. The left portion of the souvenir sheet contains applications of ornaments in gold hot stamping, taken from the details of the stamp, highlighting one of the characteristics of the Baroque style. With the aim of highlighting the ornamental richness, the stamp emphasizes part of the unique façade of the Church of the 3rd Order of São Francisco da Bahia, focusing on the niche with the sculpture of St. Francis, patron of the Order, two half-naked male figures carrying gourds typical of the mendicant pilgrims, in addition to the other adornments that mark the Plateresque Baroque style. The upper left corner of the stamp contains the title of the issue, while the name of he church is shown below the image.
Souvenir Sheet Baroque Style Church
José Paulo

Girish Vaidya

Post by Girish Vaidya »

Jose Paulo sent this lovely cover which came in yesterday-

Lovely recent issues of Brazil on cover!!

Inside were these lovely additions to my thematic collections-

First day of issue cover with set of postage stamps of NewZeland celebrating centenary of cinema :D :D

MS on books of Shakespeare, large indeed, and well designed-

and this lovely stamp on Violet Carra.

Thank you for the lovely additions to my collections

Girish Vaidya
I aim to collect one MNH postage stamp (1947 -2017)and one used postage stamp(1947 to 1997) each of the post independent India issues. Other that that, I collect world wide postage stamps on the theme of Cinema. I also collect on authors/painters/musicians/composers and anything on entertainment.

DJCMH
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by DJCMH »

Jose Paulo,

Do you have any information on releases planned for 2018 by Correios Brasil? I check the epost shop regularly but the last items they have are for 2017.

Obrigado for any info you might have!
APS #173088 Stamp Catalog Coordinator for Colnect Online Catalogue https://colnect.com/en/stamps

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

DJCMH,
The first issue of 2018 will be on March 19 and is commemorating the 8th WORLD WATER FORUM. The post offices have not yet provided the images and information on this issue.
When the Post Office makes the information available, I will post it on this topic.
José Paulo

DJCMH

Post by DJCMH »

Jose Paulo wrote:DJCMH,
The first issue of 2018 will be on March 19 and is commemorating the 8th WORLD WATER FORUM. The post offices have not yet provided the images and information on this issue.
When the Post Office makes the information available, I will post it on this topic.
Obrigado Jose Paulo!
APS #173088 Stamp Catalog Coordinator for Colnect Online Catalogue https://colnect.com/en/stamps

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 01/2018

8th World Water Forum

Art: Marcos Rebouças and Ricardo Andrade
Sheet with 16 stamps
Facial value: 1st Class Rate for Domestic non Commercial Mail
Issue: 160,000 stamps
Design area: 35mm x 35mm
Stamp dimensions: Ø 29mm
Date of issue: March 19th , 2018

A round stamp that bears the 8th World Water Forum’s logo, which rests on a background of wavy lines designed to simulate a river flow. It is a composition of five elements that represent time, location, water, sustainability and the number related to the current event edition. The “Time” element is represented by the two symmetrical and mirrored images that form an hourglass, referring to the need and urgency to act, decide and share. On the top part, on a green background, the map of South America reveals the location of the first Forum to be held on the continent. In blue and white, the bottom drop simulates the water element, the Forum’s main objective. The joint representation of green and blue describes the sustainability between the environment and water, essential elements of life on our planet. Finally, the fifth element alludes to the number 8 (eight), graphically represented by the junction of the two external elements, representing the eighth edition of the event. From the center to the left, the caption identifying the event and to the right, the place and the year when it will be held. On the stamp base is the caption describing the main theme of this meeting: “Sharing Water”.
Stamp 8th World Water Forum
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 02/2018

Animal Defense

Art: Carolina Spina and Marcela Tenório
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: 1st Class Rate for Domestic Commercial Mail
Issue: 120,000 stamps
Design area: 21mm x 39mm
Date of issue: March 19th , 2018

Animal protection has gained important ground in debates around the world. To represent the cause, the art was illustrated with the most common domestic animals of Brazil: the dog and the cat, both without race defined (SRD). The words of love, respect and life that make up the creation, hover over the illustration of animals signifying the feelings of welcome and protection of domestic animals. Below, the phrase "Animal Defense" expresses all the emotion inherent in the cause.
Stamp Animal Defense
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 03/2018

Footh-and-Mouth Disease

Sheet with 15 stamps
Issue: 150,000 stamps
Design area: 25mm x 35mm
Stamp dimensions: 30mm x 40mm
Perforation: 12 x 11.5
Date of issue: April 2nd , 2018

This stamp is to commemorate a great achievement of Brazilian livestock: the recognition of Brazil by the World Organization for Animal Health as a zone free of foot-and-mouth disease with vaccination. For this, the stamp’s graphic design is composed by the title that communicates objectively the achievement and also by the image of a Nellore ox, one of the Zebu breeds. Zebu accounts for more than 80% of the national cattle herd. The green field, the blue sky and the yellow sun are references to the colors of the Brazilian flag. Another detail is the earring of the ox, which guarantees its traceability with registration of the genealogy from birth to the end of its life, but in the image highlights the year in which Brazil will receive this important international recognition.
Stamp Footh-and-Mouth Disease
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 04/2018

Homage to the Postal Library

Art: Vívia Ferreira
Sheet with 18 stamps
Facial value: R$ 1.55
Issue: 180,000 stamps
Design area: 40mm x 30mm
Stamp dimensions: 40mm x 30mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 12
Date of issue: May 4th , 2018

In the foreground, the stamp image shows an open book from which some items used in the operations carried out by Correios appear: bags and mail bags, residential mail boxes, old and current post boxes, date stamps and mail. The objects hanging over the book represent the different postal activities carried out over time, whose procedures are registered and available for consultation and studies at the Postal Library in Brasilia. In the background, a bookshelf refers to the historical collection and records of operations carried out by Correios, from its foundation, during in which Brazil still was an Empire, to the present day.
Stamp Homage to the Postal Library
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 05/2018

200 Years of Independence Series: Bicentennial of John VI's Acclaim

Art: Cristiano Ely Borges e Isabel Flecha de Lima
Print system: offset + intaglio ink
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: R$2.05 each stamp
Design area: 21mm x 39mm
Date of issue: May 16th , 2018

This issue is the second in a series of six, called “Brazil, 200 Years of Independence”, a partnership between the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies and the Correios Brasil, starting in 2017 which will extend until 2022, with the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the Proclamation of Independence. At the top of the stamp there is the inscription “Brazil, 200 years of Independence” and the sunrise colors were used to identify the dawn of a nation. After that, the image of John VI in the painting by José Leandro de Carvalho from the collection of the National Historical Museum, in Rio de Janeiro, and below there is another inscription that says “John VI."
Stamp Bicentennial of John VI's Acclaim
José Paulo

Philexx
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by Philexx »

Hi José,

Germany are bringing out a Europa bridge stamp tomorrow. Would you be interested in a cover swap for the abovementioned new issue?
Join the Stampboards Monthly Cover Exchanges

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

George,

Many thanks for the offer.
Yes, I want.
The stamp will be issued on May 16 when you get here and I'll send you a cover with it. Ok?
José Paulo

Philexx

Post by Philexx »

Jose Paulo wrote:George,

Many thanks for the offer.
Yes, I want.
The stamp will be issued on May 16 when you get here and I'll send you a cover with it. Ok?
Sounds great, thanks a lot :D
Join the Stampboards Monthly Cover Exchanges

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 06/2018

Brazil at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Art: Daniel Effi
Sheet with 18 stamps (9 sets of 2)
Facial value: R$ 2.25
Issue: 540,000 stamps
Design area: 26mm x 44mm
Date of issue: June 14th , 2018

The stamps have been developed in a se-tenant that allude to Brazil’s participation in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia. The journey starts in the city of Rostov-onDon, passing through St. Petersburg (on the 1st stamp), heading to Moscow (2nd stamp), which besides being the stage for the third game, is also the city where the final match will take place, with each name of the cities written in micro letter. Comprised of FIFA identity graphics, the stamps show a player and, under him, a trail accompanied by the green and yellow stars representing the five championships of Brazil team, heading for the then possi - ble sixth star attained in Moscow. There is also the presence of other elements that characterize Russia, such as the letters “RU”, the matrioska and the space explo - ration. In the background, there are several elements of the visual identity of the event, and on the top, in a prominent po - sition, the Official Logotype of the event (there are versions in English and Russian only).
Stamps Brazil at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 07a/2018

Diplomatic Relations Serie: Brazil-India

Art: Lidia Marina Hurovich Neiva
Sheet with 15 stamps
Facial value: R$ 1.85
Issue: 450,000 stamps
Design area: 54mm x 20mm
Stamp dimensions: 59mm x 25mm
Perforation: 11,5 x 12
Date of issue: October 2nd , 2018

The stamp art features iconic elements from India and Brazil that represent diversity and, at the same time, the similarity between the two countries. In architecture, the presentation of the Taj Mahal, India's best-known monument, stands in opposition to the simple but noble lines of the Cathedral of Brasilia, a national landmark. Next to these images are the characteristic animals of the two countries: the Indian tiger and the Brazilian macaw. At the center, flora gifts received from each country. Mango and jackfruit, so popular in our backyards, came from India. And the cashew, originated from northeastern of Brazil, taken to the Indian subcontinent, has become an important economic product for that country. The stamp are bordered in the national colors of India, saffron, white and dark green, and, on the Brazilian side, the traditional, yellow, blue and green.
Stamp Diplomatic Relations Brazil-India
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 07b/2018

150 Years of Mahatma Gandhi birth

Art finishing: Jamile Costa Sallum
Sheet with 16 stamps
Issue: 320,000 stamps
Design area: 30mm x 40mm
Date of issue: October 2nd , 2018

This issue marks the beginning of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the birth of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, known as Mahatma (Great Soul) Gandhi, held on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar, India. The stamp focuses on the profile image of Gandhi's face. The photo used to compose the art is from the 1940s, purposely in black and white, so that the monochromatic features result in a naturally more expressive image, with the objective of focusing the attention of the observer on the serene face of the idealizer and founder of the modern Indian State. On the left side, the mention of Gandhi's sesquicentennial of birth, and, on the base of the stamp the phrase attributed to him: "An eye for an eye and the world will end up blind."
Stamp Mahatma Gandhi
José Paulo

Kennethsequeira

Post by Kennethsequeira »

Lovely issues released today... Jose sent you an email
Collecting Interest: Cricket; India: Joint Issues, Flags on stamps
Mint MS : India,UAE,Canada & Malaysia

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 08/2018

History of Brazilian Computing

Art: Dimas Casco
Paper: self adhesive chalky paper
Sheet with 24 stamps (8 of each)
Facial value: 1st Class Rate for Domestic Non Commercial Mail
Issue: 480,000 stamps (160,000 of each)
Design area: 34mm x 24mm
Stamp dimensions: 40mm x 30mm
Perforation: cut to shape with "BR"
Date of issue: October 15th , 2018

This postal issue consistes of three stamps that show a frontal reproduction of the first studies and projects of Brazilian computers: "Zezinho" (little Joe), the "Ugly Duckling" and the Cobra-530, the first commercial computer totally produced in Brazil. To register the history, the artist inserted the completion dates of the projects and tinted each one in shades of blue, green and yellow, making reference to the Brazilian flag.
Stamp "Zezinho" (little Joe)
Stamp "Ugly Duckling"
Stamp Cobra-530
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 09/2018

America Series: Pets

Sheet with 30 stamps
Facial value: R$ 1.55
Issue: 600,000 stamps
Design area: 25mm x 35mm
Date of issue: November 6th , 2018

The stamp print features 30 pet photos. The stamp sheet consisted of 15 dogs, 10 cats, a rabbit, a fish, a hen, a trio of Australian parakeets and a cockatiel.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 10/2018

Ballooning

Souvenir sheet with 1 stamp
Art: Daniel Lourenço
Print system: offset + spot UV varnish
Facial value: R$ 4.25
Design area: 30mm x 80mm
Stamp dimensions: 30mm x 80mm
Souvenir sheet dimensions: 85mm x 137mm
Date of issue: November 10th , 2018

This postal issue contains a souvenir sheet with one postage stamp. The artist, Daniel Lourenço, has conceived the artwork through vintage aesthetics in order to picture a dream imagery, playful, with strokes of fantasy and reality. Several colored balloons, floating by the clouds in the sky, bring those sensations of childish amusement and celebration that are so unconstrained to those children, corroborated by the little girl figure flying with a balloon. For the adults side, the balloons flying up to the empty space represent liberation from oppression, create feelings of hope and new possibilities. The hot air envelopes were colored with pastel shades, painting the sky with colors that recall joy, peace and friendship. The artwork is finished with floral plants, arabesques, calm clouds and a far horizon.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 11/2018

1968 – Recollection of Elizabeth II's, Queen of the United Kingdom, visit to Brazil

Photo: Royal Collection Trust /© Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2018
Art-finishing: Jamile Costa Sallum/Correios Brasil
Print system: offset + spot color
Sheet with 18 stamps
Issue: 360,000 stamps
Design area: 26 x 44mm
Stamp dimensions: 26 x 44mm
Date of issue: November 16th , 2018

The stamp presents the image of Queen Elizabeth II, photographed during her visit to São Paulo in 1968. The festive character of the occasion is corroborated by the conception of art and colors in the special stamp. The celebration of the anniversary by means of this tribute also ratifies the commitment of Philately to promote and strengthen cultural exchange among nations.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 12/2018

Diplomatic Ties: Brazil – Luxembourg

Art: Daniel Effi and Jamile Costa Sallum
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: R$ 4.50
Issue: 480,000 stamps
Design area: 26 x 44mm
Date of issue: November 20th , 2018

The art of this issue represents the diplomatic ties between Brazil and Luxembourg, by depicting icons of both nations, monuments present in various regions of their territories. The diplomatic balance is symbolized by the positioning of the figures, mirrored in the two vertical orientations, with the bases attached to the center, and the image of one country or the other can be at the top. Whatever the direction, the face value can be visualized on the side of the seal. The blue color, present in the two flags, was used as background, meaning the common interests between the two states. The monuments of Luxembourg were colored in shades of red (creating an orange scale), and the Brazilians, in shades of green. The art also includes the words "Brazil" and "Luxembourg" next to a drawing of the respective flags.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 13a/2018

Brazilian Museums – Bahia Museum of Art (MAB)

Art: Dalila Santos
Sheet with 24 stamps
Facial value: R$ 3,10
Issue: 240,000 stamps
Design area: 33mm x 33mm
Stamp dimensions: 38mm x 38mm
Date of issue: November 23rd , 2018

On the blue background in degradé, in the technique watercolor, stands out the picture “República” (Republic), (1896) oil on canvas authored by Manoel Lopes Rodrigues, one of the important pieces of the collection belonging to the MAB collection. The doorway of the building, in stonework, which houses the Museum above the composition as if it, framed the picture, had the dual function of decorating and highlighting it. The proposal is to show the collection sheltered by the architecture. Right at the bottom is the logo designed for the celebration of the 100 years, with aesthetics based on scrolls.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 14/2018

Ronald Golias - Brazilian Humorist

Art: Orlandeli
Paper: self-adhesive chalky paper
Sheet with 30 stamps
Facial value: 1st Class Rate for Domestic non Commercial Mail
Issue: 510,000 stamps
Design area: 30mm x 30mm
Stamp dimensions: 36mm x 36mm
Perforation: cut to shape with "BR"
Date of issue: November 30th , 2018

The art of this issue consists of a caricature of actor Ronald Golias, representing humorously, gestures and habits of two of his most successful characters. The costume on the drawing refers to the character Carlo Bronco Dinosaur, irreverent and despicable, worried only about enjoying life, always wearing a scruffy suit and a small red tie. The face refers to the character Pacific, mocking, playful and a teaser, who wore a cap with the flap turned backwards. One of the eyes is closed, as if giving a "wink", simulating a complicity between the observer and the character.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 15/2018

Guyana: Tourism, Fauna and Flora

Art: Lidia Marina Hurovich Neiva
Sheet with 15 stamps
Issue: 450,000 stamps
Design area: 54mm x 20mm
Stamp dimensions: 59mm x 25mm
Perforation: 11,5 x 12
Date of issue: December 4th , 2018

Each “postcard” (Stabroek Market, Lighthouse and Kaieteur Falls) was drawn and painted one by one in urban sketch style, using a color palette that matches and unifies the composition. The assembly was created digitally, a fusion of the three landscapes. Each fauna and flora element was painted using the same supplies, then digitally cut off and applied, enhanced with shadows or glow, creating a visual surprise on this representative set of Guyana´s beauty.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 13b/2018

Brazilian Museums – National Museum of Rio de Janeiro

Art: Dalila Santos
Sheet with 24 stamps
Facial value: R$ 3,10
Date of issue: December 4th , 2018

In the foreground stands the building that houses the National Museum. The image was made from a drone showing the surroundings of the building, a forest formed by palm trees and different species of trees. The construction in the center of the image brings us the perception of the National Museum as a jewel in its case. The set is cut out against a blue sky where on the right, in the upper area, the image of the harpy eagle, the great bird symbol of the Museum, which is part of the collection, flies over the building. To the right, outside the main image, the Mercosul logo and below, the logo that was developed in celebration to the anniversary of the 200 years, in lines that represent the facade of the building.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45392668
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 16/2018

Christmas 2018 – 200 years of "Silent Night" song

Self-adhesive stamps
Art: José Carlos Braga
Sheets: 15 stamps each
Printing system: ofsete + spot color
Paper: self-adhesive chalky
Issue: 1.050.000 of each stamp
Área de desenho: 57 x 57 mm
Dimensão dos selos: 57 x 57 mm
Perforation: cut to shape
Date of Issue: December 6th, 2018

The self-adhesive stamps are cut in the shape of an eight-pointed star, number considered a symbol of cosmic balance, the connection between the physical and the spiritual. One of Christmas icon, the star is a guiding object, for Christ is the "Guiding Star to Humanity". On the first stamp are the representations of the creators of the song: Father Mohr, who also appears writing the lyrics, and the musician Franz Gruber, in profile and playing guitar. On the background, in sepia, the score of the anthem. On the lower right corner, the title "Silent Night, 200 Years", in Portuguese and German. On the second stamp, the Silent Night Chapel, located in Oberndorf-Austria, stands out in the landscape of a winter night, surrounded by Christmas symbols, lights and decorated pine trees, under a starry sky, where one of them stands out, , reference to the night of December 24. On the left side, the lyrics of "Stille Nacht", in German. Above, on the center, the title "Silent Night, 200 Years", in German and Portuguese. On both stamps, special gold ink was used, on the titles, on the word "Brazil", and on the postage stamps, located on the lower right corner.
Souvenir Sheet
Art: José Carlos Braga
Souvenir sheet with 2 stamps
Souvenir sheet dimension: 200 x 177 mm
Printing system: offset, hotstamping, intaglio ink, varnish, UV ink
Facial value: R$ 8.50 (R$ 4.25 each stamp)
Issue: 50,000 souvernir sheets
Design area: 30 x 40 mm
Stamps Dimensions: 30 x 40 mm
Date of Issue: December 6th, 2018

The souvenir sheet with two stamps was cut with special knife, in the format of oratory, in reference to the Silent Night Chapel, of Oberndorf, Austria, where the song "Stille Nacht" was composed. On the side flaps, the lyrics of the famous song, left in the original language, in German, and on the right hand flap, in Portuguese, both printed with special ink in yellow. On the central flap, the two stamps of this issue, already described. On the first stamp, the image of the composers was covered with localized varnish, and the sepia score advances beyond the limits of the stamp perforation. On the second stamp, the varnish covers the image of the Chapel. On both stamps, the titles, the word "Brazil" and the facial values, were printed with chalcographic ink. The starry sky of the second stamp was expanded to the whole block, painted with UV paint. On the left side, a stained glass window displays the figure of Father Mohr, and below the town of Oberndorf. On the right side the stained glass window brings the image of the instrumentalist Franz Gruber on the representation of his village, Arnsdorf. On the lower sides of the stained-glass windows, golden arabesques with Christmas symbols were printed in hot-stamping. On the center, at the top, the eight-pointed star and the title of the issue, "Silent Night, 200 Years", written in Portuguese and German, were also printed in golden hot stamping, highlighting and ennobling the contrast with the night sky dotted with stars.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 17/2018

Birth Centenary of Nelson Mandela

Art: Eduardo Kobra
Print system: off set
Sheet with 24 stamps
Facial value: R$ 2.35
Issue: 360,000 stamps
Date of issue: December 10th , 2018

The illustration is characteristic of Eduardo Kobra, who used textured layers, strong lines and fragmented sections. The artist employed black and white images by placing them against colored checkered backgrounds. Making use of a methodical grid planning, shading effects and swirls completed the massive scale portrait, typically applied art on buildings, walls and murals. The mural of Nelson Mandela was originally presented at an individual exhibition entitled Peace in 2014 at the Dorothy Circus Gallery in Rome.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 18/2018

Brazilian Scientists: Cesar Lattes and Joanna Döbereiner

Art: Adriana Shibata
Sheet with 24 stamps (12 sets of 2)
Design area: 44mm x 26mm
Stamp dimensions: 44mm x 26mm
Perforation: 11 x 11.5
Date of issue: December 11th , 2018

It is a se-tenant with two stamps interconnected by an element in common between the two scientists portrayed: an atom. In this case, the atom is nitrogen and was represented in a playful way as in the textbooks. The base colors of each stamp also seek to relate to the field of action of the two scientists. One of the great discoveries of César Lattes was the atomic particle Méson-Pi. Lattes studied the cosmic rays, setting up a laboratory on a mountain in the Andes and using photographic plates enhanced with boron. The stamp design seeks to illustrate these experiments. Finally, in the texture at the background of its image, some sketches were used, representing calculations and formulas. The agriculture engineer Johanna Döbereiner pioneered the study of soil biology and her studies had a great impact on Brazilian agricultural production. The illustration of the stamp demonstrates her main research: the relation between a plant and the bacteria fixing of nitrogen. As texture at the background of its image, vector illustrations of some leaves and legumes were used.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 19/2018

Old Radios

Art: Fabio Lopez
Paper: gummed chalky paper + intaglio ink+ spot varnish + embossing
Souvenir sheet with 4 stamps
Facial value: R$ 7.60 (sum of the stamps 1.25 + 1.85 + 1.95 + 2.55)
Design area: 44mm x 26mm
Stamp dimensions: 44mm x 26mm
Souvenir sheet dimensions: 125mm x 146mm
Perforation: 11 x 11.5
Date of issue: December 14th , 2018

The souvenir sheet – consisting of four stamps – was designed to be a paper folding, in the form of a valve radio. Each stamp represents different aspects of the motif – the technology, the electronic notation, the aesthetics of the equipment and its operation. The radio miniset can be mounted using scissors, glue (or even the gum of the stamp) and the perforation, constituting a metaphor for the practice of radio amateurism, and its tradition of assembling electronic equipment. The color palette refers to the old radio devices, using tones that refer to wood and metal.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 20/2018 (Last issue of 2018)

Brazilian Canyons

2 Souvenir Sheets with 1 stamp
Photos: Silvana Oliveira (Fortaleza) and Luciano Rocha (Itaimbezinho)
Facial value: R$ 2.55 each
Issue: 25,000 of each souvenir sheets
Design area: 44mm x 26mm (Fortaleza) and 26mm x 44mm (Itaimbezinho)
Stamp dimensions: 44mm x 26mm (Fortaleza) and 26mm x 44mm (Itaimbezinho)
Souvenir sheets dimensions: 137mm x 85mm
Perforation: 11 x 11.5 (Fortaleza) and 11.5 x 11 (Itaimbezinho)
Date of issue: December 17th , 2018

The issue consists of two souvenir sheets, each one with a stamp, showing images of two canyons that occur in southern Brazil, between the states of Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina. Both have extensive walls caused by erosive processes, characteristic of this geological formation, and their influence on the climate and vegetation of this biome. The stamp of the block that portrays the Itaimbezinho Canyon, synthesizes the main image presenting the steep gorge, where the typical vegetation grows. In the background, the view of the mountain gives the dimension of the height and the verticality of the cliff. From the base of the stamp to the center one can see the river Rio do Boi, which runs in the crack of the Canyon. The stamp of the Fortaleza Canyon block highlights the characteristics evidenced in the larger image: the flat top, contrasting with the exuberance of the forest formations that spring from the flanks of the ravine. The fog that fills the empty space between the banks of the cliff is common in the late afternoon of the Park.

José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 1/2019

Birth Centenary of Professor Fernando Figueira

Art: Severino Ferreira de Lima Filho
Sheet with 30 stamps
Facial value: 1ST class rate for domestic commercial mail
Issue: 300,000 stamps
Design area: 21 x 39mm
Date of issue: February 4th , 2019

This issue is a tribute to Professor Fernando Figueira, doctor, professor, author of books and various works related to health, idealizer of several actions focused on public policies, always aiming the welfare of the people. The stamp shows the photo of Prof. Figueira. A simple image that contrasts with his great deeds. Below is the reproduction of the current Institute of Integral Medicine Professor Fernando Figueira, his greatest work and the materialization of more important ideas that composed his thinking.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 2/2019

Zodiac Signs - Aries

Sheet with 24 stamps
Facial value: 1ST class rate for domestic non-commercial mail
Design area: 33 x 33mm
Stamp dimensions: 38 x 38mm
Date of issue: March 21st , 2019

This issue is the first of a series of 12. The art of the stamp presents elements that symbolize the zodiac sign of Aries. On the upper left corner is a scheme of the main stars that form the Constellation of Ram. On the center is the image of a ram (Aries in Latin) that gives its name to the constellation. On the lower right quadrant, two gray bands delimit the space between the central figure and the name of the zodiac sign, written in black letters, with the time interval governed by the zodiac sign of Aries below. Then a strip of red color represents the element “fire”, which governs the zodiac sign. Finally, on the lower right corner, the icon of the zodiac sign of Aries, symbolizes the head and horns of a ram.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 3/2019

Tribute to the musician and poet Renato Russo

Souvenir sheet with 1 stamp
Photo: Ricardo Junqueira
Art finishing: Daniel Eff
Paper: gummed chalky paper + intaglio ink
Facial value: 2ND class rate for domestic commercial mail
Issue: 70,000 souvenir sheets
Design area: 38 x 76mm
Stamp dimensions: 38 x 76mm
Souvenir sheet dimension: 137 x 85mm
Date of issue: March 27th , 2019

The image of the souvenir sheet with a stamp shows a black and white photo that depicts the musician Renato Russo on stage, where he best performed as an artist, while performing scenic performances that charmed his audience, emphasizing, with body expression, the poetry contained in the lyrics of his songs. For the elaboration of the art, the title of the issue was highlighted, to the left. On the right side, an excerpt of the song “Vinte e Nove” (TwentyNine) is transcribed.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 4/2019

Zodiac Signs - Taurus

Paper: gummed chalky paper + silver metallic ink
Sheet with 24 stamps
Date of issue: April 21st , 2019

This issue illustrates the second zodiac sign: Taurus. The art of the stamp presents elements that symbolize this zodiac sign. On the lower left corner is a scheme of the main stars that form the Constellation of Tauri. On the center is the image of a bull, which gives its name to the constellation. On the upper left quadrant, two bands in gray color delimit the space between the central figure and the name of the zodiac sign, written in in black letters, with the time interval governed by the zodiac sign of Taurus below. Then a strip of brown color represents the element “earth”, which governs the zodiac sign. Finally, on the upper left corner, the icon of the zodiac sign of Taurus, which symbolizes the head and horns of a bull.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 5/2019

Centenary of São Paulo Philatelic Society

Art: Laura Uña, Reinaldo Macedo and Ygor Chrispin
Souvenir sheet with 3 stamps
Facial value: R$ 4,55 (two R$ 1.30 stamps and one R$ 1.95 stamp)
Issue: 20,000 souvenir sheets
Date of issue: April 30th , 2019

The souvenir sheet with three stamps presents on its left side the facade of the building located in Largo do Paissandú, where on its 17th floor is located the Headquarters of SPP. At the top, the title of the issue, Centenary of the São Paulo Philatelic Society, 1919-2019. At the bottom, the trademark of the Brapex Exhibition 2019, whose organization is in charge of this Association. On the right side, there are three stamps that honor the SPP. The first of them, on top, stamped the trademark of the São Paulo Philatelic Society, in its traditional colors, red and yellow. At the center, the image of the founder and first director of SPP, William Edward Lee. Below, the image of the stamp depicts the postcard in honor of the students Martins, Miragaia, Drausio and Camargo, MMDC, acronym symbol of the Revolution of São Paulo of 1932, with the inscription in Latin: In Hoc Signo Vinces (“With this sign you will conquer”).
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 6/2019

Zodiac Signs – Gemini

Sheet with 24 stamps
Date of issue: May 21st , 2019

This issue carries the third sign of the zodiac, Gemini, and the art of the stamp has elements that symbolize this sign. On the upper right corner appears its icon, image that originates in the Constellation of Gemini, represented by the roman numeral “2” that symbolizes the duality, the physical and the mental. Below, two grey bands delimit the space where the name of the zodiac sign is inserted, having an interval of time governed by the zodiac sign of Gemini. Then a strip of green color represents the element “air,” one of the regents of nature that characterizes a personality of the born in that zodiac sign. On the center, an image of two young twins, representing a constellation of Gemini. Among them the scheme of the main stars that form this stellar grouping.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 7/2019

Centenary of the Solar Eclipse in Sobral/Ceará

Art: Rodrigo Cassaro – National Observatory
Paper: gummed chalky paper + spot varnish
Sheet with 24 stamps
Facial value: R$ 2.15
Design area: 35 x 25mm
Stamp dimensions: 40 x 30mm
Date of issue: May 29th , 2019

The creation of the stamp was based on two actual photographs of the event at the time: a photograph of the eclipse and another one of the observation preparations. The technique used was the artistic composition of the images. To emphasize the eclipse, it was applied a solar photo filter, and in the part of the preparations a shadow was artificially generated on objects and people to simulate a darker environment. Finally, the sky of Sobral was illustrated with the model of stars observed according to publications on the subject.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 8/2019

Mercosul Series: Diversity of Fungi

Photos: Larissa Trierveiler Pereira and Vitor Xavier de Lima, Ricardo Matheus Pires and Marcelo Pinto Marcelli - Botanical Institute
Art finishing: Daniel Effi/Correios
Sheet with 20 stamps (4 sets of six)
Facial value: R$ 1.60
Issue: 240,000 stamps (40,000 of each)
Stamp dimensions: 30 x 40mm and 40 x 30mm
Perforation: 12 x 11.5 and 11.5 x 12
Date of issue: June 5th, 2019

This emission illustrates the diversity of fungi and is composed of 6 stamps, three in the horizontal orientation, and three in the vertical. The fungi depicted are the Yellow-witchcage (Clathrus chrysomycelinus), Column-witch-cage (Clathrus columnatus), Violet-Earth-Star (Geastrum violaceum), Angel Fan (Hydnopolyporus fimbriatus), Chicken of the woods (Laetiporus gilbertsonii) and Porcelain Fungus (Oudemansiella cubensis). Highlight the richness of the different colors and shapes that exalt these beautiful specimens of nature.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 9/2019

200 Years of Independence Series: Bicentennial of José Bonifácio’s return to Brazil

Art: Ely Borges e Isabel Flecha de Lima
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: R$ 2.15
Date of issue: June 13, 2019

This issue is the third in a series of six, titled “Brazil, 200 Years of Independence,” a partnership between the Chamber of Deputies and the Post Office Company Correios that began in 2017 and will extend until 2020, commemorating the 200-year Proclamation of Independence. At the top of the stamp the inscription “Brazil, 200 years of Independence” and the use of the colors of a sunrise identify the dawn of a nation. The following is a portrait of José Bonifácio de Andrada e Silva, in a lithography by Sébastien Auguste Sisson, from the book “Galeria dos brasileiros illustres – Os contemporaneos”, “Gallery of illustrious Brazilians – Contemporaries”: portraits of the most illustrious men of Brazil in politics, sciences and letters, from the war of independence to the present day copied from the natural and lithographed by S.A. Sisson, accompanied by their respective biographies, published under the protection of His Majesty, the Emperor, of 1861, from the collection of the Rare Works Section of the Documentation and Information Center of the Chamber of Deputies. The portrait received a coloration to adapt to the perceptive of the previous stamps.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 10/2019

Birth Centenary of Nelson Gonçalves

Art: Rock Comunicação
Photo finishing: Cristina Granato
Sheet with 20 stamps
Facial value: 1st class rate for domestic non commercial mail
Issue: 200,000 stamps
Design area: 30 x 40mm
Stamp dimensions: 30 x 40mm
Date of issue: June 21st, 2019

The stamp shows in the foreground, on the left, the logo of the Centenary of Nelson Gonçalves, presenting a classic microphone from the 1940s and 50s, in golden color, allusive to the jubilee, with the name of Nelson Gonçalves supported by the word “Centenary”. On the right is the imposing figure of the singer, with a microphone in hand, in a black and white photo with a gray background, of April 1989, during the “Sharp Music Award”, at the Copacabana Palace. At the base of the stamp, a band in dark gray with the capitalized epithet “THE GREATEST VOICE OF BRAZIL”.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 11/2019

Zodiac Signs – Cancer

Sheet with 24 stamps
Date of issue: June 21st , 2019

This issue brings the fourth sign of the zodiac, Cancer, and the art of the stamp shows elements that symbolize that sign. On the lower left corner appears its icon, image that originates from the shape of a crab’s pincers. Above, two grey bands delimit the area where the name of the zodiac sign is inserted, having the period of time governed by the zodiac sign of Cancer. Then a stripe of blue color represents the element “water,” one of the regents of nature that characterizes a personality of the born in that zodiac sign. At the center, the image of a Crab., that represents the Constellation of Cancer (which is named after its Latin form for “Crab”). Up, to the right, the arrangement of the main stars that are named with prefix “Cancri”
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 12/2019

Homage to the Immortals of the Brazilian Academy of Letters ( ABL) - Joaquim Nabuco and Machado de Assis

Art: Lidia Marina Hurovich Neiva/Correios
Photos: Academia Brasileira de Letras - ABL
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: 2st class rate for domestic non-commercial mail
Issue: 120,000 stamps
Design area: 76 x 38 mm
Stamp dimensions: 76 x 38 mm
Date of issue: July 20th, 2019

The photos of both Immortals of Brazilian Academy of Letters (ABL) were digitally adjusted to reflect a glint of golden tones. A central vibrant green ABL bookplate vector was incorporated and their names were written on identical banners with soft shadows to emphasize them. Similar tones were applied to the background, balancing and unifying the elements, creating a discrete whole that was carefully thought, from both the composition and color scheme standpoints.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 13/2019

Tribute to Lunar Landing Mission

Photo: NASA
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: R$ 3.75
Design area: 21 x 39 mm
Stamp dimensions: 26 x 44 mm
Date of issue: July 20th , 2019

The first step on the moon was taken by the American astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on lunar soil on 20 July 1969. The stamp depicts a classic image, which has been reproduced worldwide, of a footprint left on our natural satellite. One of the missions of the second man on the moon, the American astronaut Buzz Aldrin, was to photograph the footprints left on the Moon for a study of the lunar surface. The absence of moisture and wind on the moon, and the constitution of the soil formed by extremely fine dust, were essential for the integrity of the foot imprint. For this issue, the NASA photo of the “small step” evokes the famous words of Neil Armstrong. The sheet is composed of 12 stamps and carries a vignette with the title of the lunar landing mission and images of the American flag and lunar module Eagle on the Moon’s surface.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 14/2019

Zodiac Signs – Leo

Sheet with 24 stamps
Design area: 33 x 33 mm
Stamp dimensions: 38 x 38 mm
Date of issue: July 22nd , 2019

This issue carries the fifth sign of the zodiac: Leo. The art of the stamp features elements that symbolize this zodiac sign. In the upper left corner, there is a icon which represents the lion’s mane. At the top, two gray bands delimit the space where the name of this zodiac sign and the time interval governed by the sign are inserted. Below, a strip of red color represents the element “fire” that governs the leonine people. At the center are the image of a lion and the schematic representation of its constellation, one of the oldest, which is also one of the easiest to identify in the sky because of its bright stars of high magnitude. The ancient people considered Regulus, its Alpha star, the most powerful.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 15/2019

Women Who Made History - Elza Soares

Photo: Patricia Lino
Art finishing: Jamile Costa Sallum and Daniel Eff/Correios
Sheet with 18 stamps
Facial value: 1st class rate for domestic commercial mail
Issue: 54,000 stamps
Date of issue: July 23rd, 2019

This issue is composed of six stamps, celebrating six Women who made and make history. The first honoree is the singer and songwriter, owner of one of the best voices of Brazilian music, the unequaled Elza Soares. The image is a photo that was taken during a show at the Ulysses Guimarães Convention Center in Brasilia. The link of this issue is the symbol of the woman, which appears on all stamps.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 16/2019

Brazilian Empire’s Postmarks

Art: Daniel Effi/Correios Brasil
Print system: offset + spot varnish
Facial value: R$ 8.00
Issue: 20,000 souvenir sheets
Design area: 70 x 100mm
Souvenir sheet dimension: 70 x 100mm
Perforation: none
Date of issue: August 1st , 2019

In this tribute to History and Marcophily lovers, we reintroduce a model of souvenir sheet inspired in old Folhinhas (small sheets) and some souvenir sheets issued in the 60’s and 70’s decades of the last century: a souvenir sheet with no perforation. The motive “Brazilian Empire’s Postmarks” brings facts from the period prior to the postage stamps passing by the postal reform, that took effect in 1843. The concept came from the representation of old letters, using postage stamps from the Empire and the handwritten fee mark. The postmarks are highlighted with spot varnish and identified by micro letters.
José Paulo

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”