Show the stamp new issues from - Brazil

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Jose Paulo
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Re: Show the stamp new issues from - Brazil

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 26 July 2016
Serra do Mar Paranaense Railway
The stamps show photographs of four significant points passed through by the Paranaguá-Curitiba Railway, a formidable engineering construction in Southern Brazil, in the State of Paraná. They capture a unique beauty, unveiling stunning panoramas of the Serra do Mar mountains and their rugged terrain, the vibrant green of the remaining Mata Atlântica forest and the bucolic coast of Paraná, framed by the sun, the blue sky and even by clouds and fog. An unforgettable landscape where all the elements of nature, the purity of the atmosphere, of wet earth and forest are brought together and preserved.
José Paulo
I collect stamps of Bridges, Viaducts and Aqueducts

BuckinghamCovers
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by BuckinghamCovers »

Hi Jose,

Is there an option to buy a large quantity of these directly from yourself?

Our last contact with Correios a couple of months back said they have a suspension on international sales.

Regards
Jake Harvey
Buckingham Covers

Jose Paulo wrote:Brazil
Date: 27 June 2016
Our Rio 2016 Stamps
The stamp issue “Our Rio 2016 Stamps – Olympic and Paralympic Games” highlights 16 artworks selected from the cultural contest promoted by the Rio 2016 Organising Committee through the Meu Rio 2016 digital app.
The winning designs, created both by adults and children, show Olympic and Paralympic sports and values. They are set against a yellow stamp sheet alongside the Olympic and Paralympic brands.
The artworks reflect the unity and courage of athletes who are the stars of the biggest sporting event in the world, highlighting the emotions brought by the Olympic and Paralympic journeys. Winners were also inspired by the Games mascots and the torch, as well as by the scenery of the host city, Rio de Janeiro.

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Jake,
How much mini-sheets you want?
José Paulo

BuckinghamCovers

Post by BuckinghamCovers »

Jose,

Would you be able to get 400 for us? If so how much would this cost?

Regards
Jake

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

BuckinghamCovers wrote:Jose,

Would you be able to get 400 for us? If so how much would this cost?

Regards
Jake
I sent e-mail
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 1 August 2016
Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games Sporting Arenas
The sporting arenas mini-sheet was made in two versions – one for the Olympic Games and another for the Paralympic Games – and includes stamps that highlight six Rio 2016 competition venues: the Olympic Stadium, Rio Olympic Velodrome, Youth Arena, Maracanã Stadium, Sambódromo and Lagoa Stadium. Each stamp has a varnish application and dry relief on the main illustrative elements. The set of stamps is alongside the mini-sheet, which depicts a panoramic view of Rio de Janeiro with tones of grey in the background.
The two versions are differentiated only by the logos used – one has the Olympic logo and the other the Paralympic.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 5 August 2016
Olympic Games Celebration Rio 2016
Closing the series of Rio 2016 Olympic Games commemorative stamps, Correios (the Brazilian Post Office) released a special set with the theme “Olympic Games celebrations”, which highlight three important elements of the first Games to be held in South America: the Olympic torch and tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 5 August 2016
Paralympic Games Celebration Rio 2016
Closing the series of Rio 2016 Paralympic Games commemorative stamps, Correios (the Brazilian Post Office) released a special set with the theme “Paralympic Games celebrations”, which highlight three important elements of the first Games to be held in South America: the Paralympic torch and tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 12 August 2016
200 years of the School of Fine Arts/ UFRJ
The stamps in the se-tenant format, highlight representative images of key aspects of the concept of history and artistic activities in the UFRJ School of Fine Arts.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 23 August 2016
Centenary of Brazilian Naval Aviation
The stamp highlights the logo of the Naval Aviation Centennial, surrounded by laurel leaves, symbolizing the greatness of the achievements of this Corporation. The "1" golden number refers to gold, representative of the meanings of Naval Aviation for the Navy of Brazil and those who represent it in AIR and SEA. Composing the first Zero numeral, it is at the top of the circle, Brazil's Navy expression, and at the bottom, Naval Aviation. In the upper center of the Zero above the years 1916 and 2016 the figure Hydroplane Curtiss F-1906 model, first aircraft acquired by the Brazilian Naval Aviation, and the AF-1 Skyhawk aircraft Squadron VF-1. At the bottom of the circle, is the golden wing, symbol sported by the military dedicated to the Naval Aviation. The second Zero is surrounded by the expressions "In the Air, The Sea Men " – 100 years. Inside the circle, is the compass, an essential instrument to aeronautical activities, and five silver stars, symbolizing the constellation of the Southern Cross. It adds to the scenario, the silhouette of a WS-51 helicopter "Widgeon" MK- 2, representing the start of activities with rotary wing aircraft, in the late 50's, and the aircraft carrier aircraft carrier NAe São Paulo, of great relevance to the operating use of Naval Aviation. The 10 stars found in each Zero symbolize the 100 years of Naval Aviation, referring to the Medal of Military Merit, where each star is 10 years of good services for military valorous.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 31 August 2016
Maestra Dona Izabel Mendes, the Doll Maker
The dolls shown in the stamps represent the values attributed by Dona Izabel Mendes to important moments in the female universe such as the bride, breastfeeding and beauty. Two stamps are dedicated to brides and their bouquets and one portrays a mother nursing her baby, showing the importance of this act of love. The other stamps focus on dolls painted with colored clay, a technique developed by the artist and still employed by craftsmen in the Jequitinhonha Valley.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 11 September 2016
Fruits of Cerrado
The stamps in this issue highlight 15 species of fruit, characteristics of the Brazilian cerrado, they are considered exotic-looking and have an appreciated taste.
In mini-sheet, with self-adhesive stamps, 9 species are shown, photographed in its natural environment, arranged between the dry branch of a typical cerrado tree. In mini-sheet the cajuzinho-do-cerrado, the gabiroba, the wild passion fruit, the pear-do-cerrado, the bacupari-do-cerrado, the baru, the cagaita, the araticum and the pequi are highlighted.
On the sheet composed of 18 stamps, techniques were used for photography and computer graphics, the pineapple, the curriola, the pixirica, the murici, the marmelada-de-bezerro and the mangaba are highlighted. At the base of the print the Physiognomies of Cerrado biome, showing the forest formations, the savanna and the countryside are represented.
MINI-SHEET

SHEET
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 13 September 2016
50 Years of FGTS
The stamp reproduces the logo of the 50th anniversary of the Fundo de Garantia do Tempo de Serviço – FGTS.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 22 September 2016
Sustainable Mobility
This issue is made up of two stamps, in the form of Se-tenant, highlighting urban scenes in which the means of locomotion and the various options of mobility-car, bicycle and subwayare harmoniously and adhering to the requirements of comfort, safety and sustainability. The first stamp highlights the VLT, representing the collective transport on rails, and other forms of locomotion as the skateboard and the bus, in the process allowing easy wheelchair access for people with motor difficulties. The second stamp, displayed the respect for people, where cars and cyclists stop at the crosswalk, in scenario that points to the possibility of using the subway. In the background, people are on the way with developed marked facility, with plates and tactile floors.
José Paulo

FairyFoot
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by FairyFoot »

Those fruit stamps look tasty. I had only heard of the pineapple before. Do you like to eat any of those fruits depicted?
I am a Penpaller and Stamp User. I send therefore I receive. I blog here. I also have a snailmail forum.

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

FairyFoot,
I've tried all of these fruits. How are from a distant region where is my city, here there are many of them.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 4 October 2016
Christmas 2016

Angel Gabriel Stamp: The stamp features a stylized image of the Archangel Gabriel, in a position of reverence, as if he were before the throne of God, bringing a sacred message. As in common iconography, its silhouette presents wings of bird and a halo over his head.
Nativity Scene Stamp: The stamp that focuses on the Nativity Scene was designed from the meanings of the Birth of Jesus Christ and the simplicity in which this Christian event occurred. The scene reminds an environment marked by the nobility emanated from the bright star located centralized on the roof of the stylized cabin within it's possible to note Joseph, holding the staff, and Mary kneeling, contemplanting the newborn baby lying in the manger.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 15 October 2016
Tribute to João do Pulo
The stamp shows at the center, the stylized figure of the athlete in movement, finalizing a triple jump, with his arms up high, as it was characteristic of João Carlos de Oliveira. The smiling face of the athlete frames and enhances the jump with which he conquered two Olympic bronze medals. At the top, the inscription “Homage to Joao do Pulo”, as he was lovingly called by the Brazilians.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 20 October 2016
Brazilian Butterflies
This issue highlights 22 butterfly species, grouped into two distinct prints, namely: The Mini Sheet consisting of six stamps, displayed on three doubles, focusing on one species of each of the six families selected for the composition. The butterflies appear to the center of each stamp, displaying colorful and beautiful wings, landing on sandy surfaces or foliage. In the green area, outside the set of stamps, we see the species hymenaea Episcada and the elements responsible for the metamorphosis of butterflies such as eggs, caterpillar and pupa. Each stamp has the MERCOSUR logo.
In the Sheet with 16 stamps, the butterflies are exposed in 8 pairs, displayed at the center of each seal, landing on surfaces or foliage, with the wings open, in exuberant and colorful shapes. The species correspond to four families, selected from the variety of species found in the environment. In the green part, external to the set of stamps, the pupa, a stage of metamorphosis of butterflies is displayed.
Mini Sheet
Sheet
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 11 November 2016
Tattoo – Art on Skin
On the background, the miniature sheet shows an image of the process of creating a tattoo and, on the foreground, five stamps with art by different Brazilian tattoo artists. On the upper part of the miniature sheet is a stamp showing tribal art by tattoo artist Jun Matsui which, according to the artist, represents a “clothing”, an adornment referring to the primitive energy of the human being and its integration with wild nature. Below is a sequence of four stamps. The first from the left shows art by tattoo artist Paulo Tattoo, formed of elements representative of this form of expression, such as the tattooed Indian; the tatau, an indigenous artifact for tattooing; a tebori tattoo, meaning “handcrafted” or “tattooed by hand”, one of the most traditional methods of tattoo in Japan and a modern tattoo machine. The second stamp shows a tattoo by Ivy Saruzi, artwork entitled: The Lady. The art on the third stamp, by tattoo artist Jerson Filho, focuses on a stylized image of the Archangel Michael. Finalizing the collection is work by the tattoo artist Luiza Fortes, showing an art nouveau style Venetian mask. The art contains warm, sensual bronze and old gold tones with great depth achieved by using light and shadow to highlight the magic of the secretive eyes and sensual lips.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
21 November 2016
Araripe GeoPark
The stamps feature in a matte background, two perfect images of insects fossils, which were found in the Araripe GeoPark and represent, quite simply, the wealth of its natural diversity. On the first stamp a dragonfly is shown, whose image has been condensed in the rock, in detail. The other stamp, in complete condition, displayes the fossilized image of a moth. In each of the stamps, the logo of the Araripe GeoPark is present, crafted from a stylized outline from a part of the Pangaea, the only ancient continent, connected with South America and Africa.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Brazil
Date: 14 December 2016 (last issue of 2016)
100th Anniversary of the birth of Miguel Arraes
The stamp portrays a picture of Miguel Arraes de Alencar. Lawyer, economist and politician. He was Mayor of Recife, State and Federal Representative, and three times Governor of Pernambuco State. With a political career of great popularity among the public and society, he became a political and life reference.
José Paulo

Bijoy

Post by Bijoy »

Hi Jose,

Brazil is issuing some wonderful stamps!
Would you be open to swap of new issues :D
Nordic Countries Recent Issues [Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland] and Thematic Meters
My Wishlist :: My Swaplist

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Biloy,

Yes.
Please send me email with what you want.
José Paulo

Bijoy

Post by Bijoy »

Mail sent Jose :D
Nordic Countries Recent Issues [Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland] and Thematic Meters
My Wishlist :: My Swaplist

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 1/2017

Joint Issue Brazil–Germany: 500 Years of Lutheran Reformation

Art: Antonia Graschberger
Print system: offset
Sheet: 25 stamps
Paper: gummed chalky paper
Face value: R$4.15
Issue: 500,000 stamps
Design area: 39mm x 21mm
Stamp dimension: 44mm x 26mm
Perforation: 11 x 11.5
Date of issue: April 13th, 2017

The postal stamp presents the mark composed of the image and the title: Luther 2017 500 years of the Reformation – In the beginning was the Word for the year of the jubilee of the event.
José Paulo

aerogi
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by aerogi »

Jose Paulo wrote:Brazil
Date: 26 July 2016
Serra do Mar Paranaense Railway
The stamps show photographs of four significant points passed through by the Paranaguá-Curitiba Railway, a formidable engineering construction in Southern Brazil, in the State of Paraná. They capture a unique beauty, unveiling stunning panoramas of the Serra do Mar mountains and their rugged terrain, the vibrant green of the remaining Mata Atlântica forest and the bucolic coast of Paraná, framed by the sun, the blue sky and even by clouds and fog. An unforgettable landscape where all the elements of nature, the purity of the atmosphere, of wet earth and forest are brought together and preserved.
Just discovered this thread. That block of 4 is so beautiful!

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 2/2017

Brazilian Birds – Araripe manakin, Purple-winged Ground-Dove and Blue-eyed Ground-Dove

The stamps highlight three beautiful birds, in critical danger of extinction, existing in Brazilian soil: Soldadinho-do-araripe (Araripe manakin) – Antilophia bokermanni, Pararu-espelho (Purple-winged Ground-Dove) – Claravis geoffroyi and Rolinha-do-planalto (Blue-eyed Ground-Dove) – Columbina cyanopis (exclusives to Brazil). The stamps portrait the bucolic simplicity of these birds in their natural habitats, focused, in this postal issue, for their rarity and exoticism. Also displayed on the stamp is the Birdpex 8 logo, international philatelic event to take place in the Grand duchy of Luxemburg in 2018.

Art: Raphael Dutra
Date of issue: June 19 th , 2017

GUMMED
Sheet: 15 stamps (5 of each)
Facial value: R$1.25
Issue: 600,000 stamps
Design area: 25mm x 35mm
Stamp dimensions: 30mm x 40mm
Perforation: 12 x 11,5
ImageImageImage
SELF-ADHESIVE
Sheet: 30 stamps (10 of each)
Paper: self adhesive chalky
Facial value: 1st class rate for noncommercial domestic mail
Issue: 1,350,000 stamps
Design area: 30mm x 30mm
Stamp dimensions: 36mm x 36mm
Perforation: cut to shape with BR
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 3/2017

Centenary of Samba

Art: Daniel Effi – Correios Brasil
Souvenir Sheet with 1 stamp
Facial value: 1st Class Rate for Domestic Commercial Mail
Issue: 90,000 souvenir sheets
Stamp dimensions: 38mm x 38mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 11.5
Date of issue: June 23, 2017

Elements of Art Nouveau compose the frame of the souvenir sheet of this issue, which brings, in the illustration of the postal stamp the moment of the gathering of the Roda de Samba, where the sambas were created and played, with the musicians and the Baianas, always present, over what would be a vinyl LP. The table represents the label, making reference to the recording of the first samba, in 1917. The ambiance refers to the traditional Praça Onze, in Rio de Janeiro of that time, with its hills occupied and from where every color and music were brought by its inhabitants for the creation of this musical genre.
José Paulo

FairyFoot

Post by FairyFoot »

Is it me or does the Soldadinho-do-araripe stamp look like Trump?

How easy are the nice stamps to get hold of? My penpal in Taquara seems to only use the occupations stamps.
I am a Penpaller and Stamp User. I send therefore I receive. I blog here. I also have a snailmail forum.

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 4/2017

Mercosur Issuance: Public Transport

Art: Marcio Horta – Ministry of Cities, CCR Metrô Bahia Archive
Sheet: 18 stamps
Facial value: R$ 1.50
Issue: 360,000 stamps
Design area: 39mm x 21mm
Stamp dimensions: 44mm x 26mm
Date of issue: July 28th , 2017

The stamp, within the scope of the Mercosur Series, highlight a beautiful image of a subway composition, illuminated in futuristic nuances. Composes the Salvador City and Lauro de Freitas Subway System, one of the most modern and complete public transportation systems in Brazil, with two lines: line 1, which connects the Lapa station to Águas Claras, and line 2, which connects the North Access to Lauro de Freitas town. This system, operating in its plentitude, is configured as one of the most effective contemporary solutions of mass transportation in great urban centers.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 5/2017

Brazilian Historical Monuments

Photos: ChicoEmir (RS), Rodrigo Galvão (RJ) and Thiago dos Santos Donga (AM)
Facial value: R$ 1.80
Issue: 540,000 stamps, 180,000 of each
Design area: 33mm x 33mm
Date of issue: August 11th , 2017

The issue is composed of three stamps, each one with the image of a monument representing different time, style and region of Brazil.
In the first stamp, showing the statue “The Lassoer", from Porto Alegre/RS, molded in the middle of the 20th century, representing the typical gaucho with all his costumes.
The second stamp presents the image of the upper half of the monument "Equestrian Statue of D. Pedro I", from Rio de Janeiro/RJ, reproducing the figure of the emperor on a horse, waving with the right hand the first Constitution of Brazil. The work, dating from the mid-nineteenth century, is the city's first civic monument and inaugurated the romantic style in the country.
The third stamp focuses on the top of the "Monument to the Opening of the Amazon Province Ports to Foreign Nations", Manaus/AM. The work, completed at the end of the 19th century, displays an imposing and exuberant female figure, having at its feet the statue of the god Mercury, symbolizing industry and commerce.
The images were arranged diagonally from the area of the stamp to enlarge the illustration of the sculptures.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 6/2017

200 Years of Araraquara City

Photo: Guilherme Augusto Bonini
Logo: Eduardo Rodrigues da Silva
Sheet with 18 stamps
Issue: 180,000 stamps
Design area: 21mm x 39mm
Stamp dimensions: 26mm x 44mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 11
Date of issue: August 22nd , 2017

The stamp is composed by the photo of Guilherme Bonini and the logo of the 200 Years of Araraquara, created by the designer Eduardo Rodrigues da Silva, both winners of the “Araraquara 200 Anos” Contest.
The photography highlights the Voluntários da Pátria Street, also known as Rua 5 and, more recently as Boulevard dos Oitis, is one of the Araraquara’s rare public spaces that preserves expressive characteristics of its original design. Paved in the early years of the 20th century, it preserves the carriage way parallelepipeds. About 40% of the sidewalks are covered with irregularly shaped pink sandstone - part of them with paleontological traces from the Araraquara region - and flanked by centenarians trees, brought from Rio de Janeiro in 1911, whose leafy canopies form a Green Tunnel in the heart of the city. Protected by municipal law, this street is a strong affective reference for the local population, having already been established as attractive spot for the tourists and visitors of Araraquara.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 7/2017

Bicentennial of the Republican Revolution in Pernambuco

Art: Jamile Costa Sallum
Facial value: R$ 1.80
Issue: 180,000 stamps
Design area: 35mm x 25mm
Stamp dimensions: 40mm x 30mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 12
Date of issue: August 31st , 2017

The commemorative stamp of the Bicentennial of the Revolution is an updated version of the Centenary issue, of 1917. The elements such as the orthography, the dates and the monetary standard were updated, as well as the expression “BICENTENNIAL”. On the center of the stamp, the flag is now represented by its original 5 colors: yellow, dark blue, white green and red. To the left, the coat of arms of the State of Pernambuco, “BICENTENNIAL OF THE REPUBLICAN REVOLUTION IN PERNAMBUCO” and the facial value of the stamp; to the right, the mention “1817 – 2017” and the legend “FLAG OF THE REPUBLIC OF MARCH 6TH 1817”, just like in 1917, and the face value.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 8/2017

Aparecida 300 Years of Faith and Devotion - Jubilee 300 Years of Blessings 1717-2017

Art: Pamela Prudente
Sheet with 24 stamps
Paper: self-adhesive chalky paper
Issue: 1,440,000 stamps
Design area: 34mm x 24mm
Perforation: cut to shape with "BR"
Date of issue: September 12th , 2017

The self-adhesive stamp highlights the figure of Our Lady of Aparecida, while graphic elements integrate the composition in the background, such as a basket, which refers to the fishing motif, the craft of the three men who found the small figure, and the colors of Brazil, the country that claimed her as its patron saint.

José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 9/2017

Flowers of the Atlantic Forest

Art: Camila Sena Hott
GUMMED
Print system: offset + aromatic resin
Sheet: 24 stamps (6 of each)
Facial value: R$2.55
Issue: 480,000 stamps
Design area: 35mm x 25mm
Perforation: 11,5 x 12
SELF-ADHESIVE
Sheet: 24 stamps
Paper: self adhesive chalky
Facial value: 1st class rate for commercial domestic mail
Issue: 960,000 stamps
Design area: 34mm x 24mm
Perforation: cut to shape with BR
Date of issue: September 22nd , 2017

The stamps presented in this issue were created considering the balance between shapes and colors of the chosen flowers: ipê branco - Tabebuia roseoalba (Ridl.) Sandwith, ipê rosa - Handroanthus heptaphyllus (Vell.) Mattos, begonia - Begonia angularis Raddi and anthurium - Anthurium lucioi Nadruz. Flowers were arranged to resemble the symmetry of the flower in each stamp, framed by its leaves, composing a picture.
GUMMED

SELF-ADHESIVE
José Paulo

FairyFoot

Post by FairyFoot »

The flowers are pretty.

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 10/2017

America Series: Tourist Attractions

Sheet: 20 stamps (4 sets of 5 stamps)
Facial value: R$2.00
Issue: 500,000 stamps
Design area: 38mm x 38mm
Date of issue: September 27th , 2017

The five stamps, within the context of the America-Upaep Series, highlight wonderful touristic sites, showing five landscapes that represent each Brazilian region: Mount Roraima/RR (North region), Maragogi/AL (Northeast region), Chapada dos Veadeiros/GO (Midwest region), Foz do Iguaçu/PR (South region) and Armação dos Búzios/RJ (Southeast region). The stamps portrait the natural beauty of those places, recognized by their peculiarities and attractions, as outstanding touristic areas in Brazil. Water, our greatest natural resource, is the common element in all focused landscapes.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 8A/2017

Aparecida 300 Years of Faith and Devotion - Jubilee 300 Years of Blessings 1717-2017

Souvenir sheet with 1 stamp
Print system: offset + embossing + spot UV varnish + silver and gold metallic paints + gold hotstamping
Facial value: R$ 3.50
Issue: 120,000 souvenir sheets
Design area: 38mm x 38mm
Stamp dimension: 38mm x 38mm
Souvenir sheet dimension: 85mm x 137mm
Date of issue: October 12th , 2017

The souvenir sheet illustration reproduces the scene of the appearance of the figure of Our Lady Aparecida before the three fishermen, in the Rio Paraíba do Sul, in 1717. The artwork is a graphic simulation of watercolor, using the element water as a base, in reference to the place where the sculpture was recovered. Relief and local varnish was applied to the title of the issue. The souvenir sheet presents a unique stamp in which the figure of Our Lady Aparecida stands out in the foreground, while the painting of the recovery of the saint is reduced in the background. Golden hot stamping was applied on the crown and details of the mantle, while silver hot stamping was applied at the base of the image. The stamp captions and frame were highlighted using golden ink.
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 11/2017

Antique Bicycles

Art: Cristiano Seixas/Ghost Jack
Mini sheet with 8 stamps
Mini sheet dimension: 105 x 148mm
Facial value: R$1.25
Issue: 50,000 mini sheets
Design area: 44mm x 26mm
Stamp dimensions: 44mm x 26mm
Date of issue: October 22nd , 2017

The mini sheet, with eight stamps, presents six models of bicycles existing in Brazil from 1890 until 1960. They were revolutionary models in their respective times, and became icons in this vehicle history in the country. While changing representation paradigm, the drawings advance along the paper, exceeding the stamps’ limits, simulating a bicycle ride. The background color of the paper, in sepia, refers to the past, providing unity to the images.
José Paulo

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

nice set :D

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 12/2017

Brasília Humanity World Heritage

Photos: Lula Lopes
Mini sheet with 10 stamps
Mini sheet dimension: 210mm x 148mm
Facial value: R$2.00 each stamp
Issue: 30,000 mini sheets
Design area: 40mm x 30mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 12
Date of issue: October 24th , 2017

The mini sheet with 10 stamps, disposed in two columns, presents images that compose the urban landscape of Brasilia, which remotes to its history and give it its identity, as the Republic Capital as well as a Humanity World Heritage, at the same time differentiating it from other cities for its peculiarities. The stamps portray the “foguetinho” (little rocket) located at the City Park D. Sara Kubitschek; the National Museum of Brasilia, with its futuristic lines; the exclusive stained glass windows of the Dom Bosco Sanctuary; the Military Obelisk, at the entrance of the General Headquarters of the Brazilian Army; the Illuminated Fountain in front of the TV Tower; the Cruzeiro Square, the landmark of faith of the foundation of the Capital; the historic Brasilia Palace Hotel, the city’s first; the National Stadium Mane Garrincha; the access loops to the residential blocks, dearly known as “tesourinhas” (little scissors) and the “Cobogós”, characteristic of the first residential buildings. The souvenir sheet presents on the background the image of a sunset, at Eixo Monumental, on the left, the silhouette of the JK Monument and on the right the logo of the 30th Anniversary of the UNESCO Humanity World Heritage title. On the lower margin of the souvenir sheet, the logos of the BRAPEX 2017 Brazilian Exhibition, the International Exhibition Brasilia 2017 and of the Multi Collection Exhibition – Colecionar 2017.
Mini Sheet Brasília Humanity World Heritage
José Paulo

Arakan

Post by Arakan »

Hi Jose, would love to add this world heritage sheet to our exchange as well.
Visit my pictorial cancellation website: http://pcancels.wordpress.com
I Collect Permanent/Scenic pictorial cancellations, China, Taiwan, Japan, Art, Buddhism, Flowers, Fruits, Food/Gastronomy, Mathematics, Scenic Landscape/Landmark, UNESCO World Heritage.

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Arakan wrote:Hi Jose, would love to add this world heritage sheet to our exchange as well.
ok
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 13/2017

William Shakespeare's Work

Art: Adriana Akemi Shibata e Bárbara Duarte
Print system: offset + gold and silver metallic paints + spot UV varnish + embossing
Mini sheet with 6 stamps
Mini sheet dimension: 200mm x 158mm
Facial value: R$4.20 each stamp
Issue: 300,000 stamps (50,000 of each stamp)
Design area: 25mm x 59mm
Stamp dimensions: 25mm x 59mm
Perforation: 12 x 11.5
Date of issue: October 26th , 2017

The challenge for designers while creating the mini sheet was to show that Shakespeare powerful words can’t be read as mere sophisms. Shakespeare weaves the universality of human condition through irony, humor and metaphors. Due to that, the intention was to present remarkable phrases of each play, contextualizing them with colors and symbols that identify them: in "Romeo and Juliet", the balcony where the lovers meet, using vectorial illustration; in “Midsummer Night’s Dream” the same technique is used to show the moment when the queen of the fairies, Titania, under the influence of a spell, falls in love with Nick, transformed into a donkey, in the forest where the story happens; the contemplation of mortality itself can be seen in the skull, in "Hamlet". The technique used is China ink and aquarelle on paper, and complementary colors, red and green, symbolize the main character’s duality; in "Othello", once again vectorial illustration is used to show the green color of envy involving the tragic Moor hero; in "King Lear", on the other hand, a vectorial illustration shows the old king wearing a broken crown, symbolizing the disastrous division of his kingdom among his daughters; finally, "Macbeth" brings us the blood and violence of the ambition for power, combining digital painting and vectorial illustration.
Mini Sheet William Shakespeare's Work
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 14/2017

200 Years of Independence Series: Bicentennial of D. Leopoldina's arrival in Brazil

Art: Cristiano Ely Borges e Isabel Flecha de Lima
Print system: offset + intaglio ink
Sheet with 12 stamps
Facial value: R$4.20 each stamp
Issue: 240,000 stamps
Design area: 21mm x 39mm
Stamp dimensions: 26mm x 44mm
Perforation: 11.5 x 11
Date of issue: November 7th , 2017

This issue is the first in a series of six, called “Brazil, 200 Years of Independence”, a partnership between the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies and the Correios Brasil, starting in 2017, along with the bicentenary anniversary of Dona Leopoldina’s arrival in Brazil, which will extend until 2022, with the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the Proclamation of Independence. At the top of the stamp the inscription there is the message “Brazil, 200 years of Independence” and the use of the colors of a sunrise that identify the dawn of a nation. Next, the image of the ship of D. João VI, a ship of sophisticated construction, which in 1817 brought the Princess to Rio de Janeiro, in watercolor art by Franz Joseph Frühbeck. Below, the portrait of Princess Leopoldina, engraved by Jean F. Baddoureau from the work of the artist Jules A. Vauthier, shows all her joviality at the time when she went to Brazil. Finally, her signature, already with the adoption of the name Maria Leopoldina, in homage to the new Homeland.
Stamp Bicentennial of D. Leopoldina's arrival in Brazil
José Paulo

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Stamp issue No. 15/2017

Christmas Tale: The Steadfast Tin Soldier

Art: Nathanna Érica
Date of Issue: November 10th, 2017

Gummed stamp
Printing system: offset
Facial value: R$ 2.55
Issue: 480,000 stamps
Design area: 33mm x 71mm
Stamps Dimensions: 38mm x 76mm

Self-adhesive stamps
04 stamps
Printing system: ofsete
Paper: self-adhesive chalky
Facial Value: 1st Class Rate for Domestic Commercial Mail
Issue: 480,000 of each stamp
Design area: 24mm x 34mm
Stamps dimensions: 30mm x 40mm
Perforation: cut to shape with "BR"

The main element of stories such as the Steadfast Tin Soldier and many other tales older than time itself is the magic that can be found within every aspect of the characters and their environment. This magic, in order to be translated to the artwork, became a palette of vibrant colors and extravagant shapes. Furthermore, the vertical composition of the artwork was chosen because it allowed a better distribution of the story's elements - the evil jack-in-the-box, the ballerina, the fish and the tin soldier in the boat - and their respective roles in the plot.
Gummed stamp - The Steadfast Tin Soldier
Self-adhesive stamps - The Evil Jack-in-The-Box
Self-adhesive stamps - The Ballerina
Self-adhesive stamps - The Fish
Self-adhesive stamps - The Tin Soldier in The Boat
José Paulo

Kennethsequeira

Post by Kennethsequeira »

Jose - Some really awesome issues from Brazil Post, especially the Bicycles & Shakespeare ones
Collecting Interest: Cricket; India: Joint Issues, Flags on stamps
Mint MS : India,UAE,Canada & Malaysia

AndyP

Post by AndyP »

AMAZING, those stamps are Beautiful!
Jose, any chance you would be open to an exchange? I, looking for a mint set of these (Christmas Tale: The Steadfast Tin Soldier)
Collecting Mint China, Malaysia and mint Mini sheets! http://philatelyex.blogspot.in/

Jose Paulo

Post by Jose Paulo »

Kennethsequeira wrote:Jose - Some really awesome issues from Brazil Post, especially the Bicycles & Shakespeare ones
Kenneth,
If you are interested in these issues let me know.
José Paulo

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”