My Egyptian Stamp Collection. Please show yours here too!

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

sagi2917
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Re: My Egyptian Stamp Collection. Please show yours here too!

Post by sagi2917 »

IMG_5583.JPG

sagi2917

Post by sagi2917 »

IMG_5584.JPG

DRKKLP
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by DRKKLP »

1957 Egypt Proof of Evacuation Overprint in Black

Overprint on defense of Port Said postage stamp.
Egypt.JPG
Illustrated two marginal proofs from the unique sheet of 50
Proof in black; Issued stamp with red overprint;

MarkM

Post by MarkM »

I’ve only just discovered this thread and I am enjoying it. It reminded me that my great uncle who got me collecting a long time ago gave me an album with few pages of of stamps from a number of countries and Egypt was one of them. Which makes sense as he met my Aunty there. I’ll have to dig them out to see what I have and post them.

Eli
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Eli »

The Egyptian revolution of 1952, began on 23 July 1952, by the Free Officers Movement, a group of army officers led by Mohammed Naguib and Gamal Abdel Nasser. The revolution was initially aimed at overthrowing King Farouk. However, the movement had more political ambitions, and soon moved to abolish the constitutional monarchy and aristocracy of Egypt and Sudan, establish a republic, end the British occupation of the country, and secure the independence of Sudan (previously governed as an Anglo-Egyptian condominium). The revolutionary government adopted a staunchly nationalist, anti-imperialist agenda, which came to be expressed chiefly through Arab nationalism, and international non-alignment. (Wikipedia)

Here are four souvenir sheets issued on July 23 of 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1973 celebrating the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st anniversaries of the revolution, respectively:

Egypt 1970 Revolution SSa.jpg

Egypt 1971 Revolution SSa.jpg

Egypt 1972 Revolution SSa.jpg

Egypt 1973 Revolution SSa.jpg

MarkM

Post by MarkM »

As promised last week here is the Egyptian section of the collection that I inherited from my great uncle. My memory must be playing tricks as I thought there were more than there are. And I see that I have a put a couple of UAR items in without realising..... :lol:

From what I gather from earlier posts, my favourites in this lot, the Pyramid/Sphinx items are from the late 1800's,and so are the oldest items in my collection. I had to transfer them from one of those terrible Chinese acid baths as well.
Scan_20200807.jpg

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”