Sharing my Spanish and Andorra Issues of 2016..

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Sharing my Spanish and Andorra Issues of 2016..

Post by Waffle »

I thought it was time to start on the 2016 year book after finishing 2009. It will follow the same pattern, with the months of release at the end.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Re: Sharing my Spanish and Andorra Issues of 2016..

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016. El Rey Felipe VI-King Philip VI.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016. Cartoon on Miniature sheet of the new King Philip VI.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016, Semana Santa:Cuenca, Lorca, Sevilla y Tobarra. Semana Santa, a tradition for art and culture lovers. Booklet with 4 self adhesive stamps.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Universo Cervantes. 400th anniversary of death of Miguel de Cervantes-creator of Don Quixhote and Sancho Panchez.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 -Tourismo Tourism, 2 self adhesive stamps.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 San Sebastian Capital Europea De La Cultura 2016. San Sebastian, 2016 European Cultural Capital.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Arquitectura Rural-Rural Architecture.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

NOT actual Stamp of Spain-set of 5 tarjetas postales con tarifa A Minature postcards for local posting.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 VIII centenario De La Vniversidad de Salamanga. 800th anniversary of Salamanca University.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Patrimonio De La Humanidad-Salamanca.Habitat of Humanity -Salamanca.

aladeral
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by aladeral »

Nice Stamps!!!
Waffle wrote:
07 Jun 2020 10:24
Stamp of Spain 2016 Universo Cervantes. 400th anniversary of death of Miguel de Cervantes-creator of Don Quixhote and Sancho Panchez.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Patrimonio Mundial.Aqueducto De Segovia.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Patrimonio Mundial.Aqueducto De Segovia.

Note the crease lines. The miniature Sheet is folded. When unfolded, it elongates to twice the length.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016.Museo Nacional, Museu D'Art, Institut Valencia.
Stamp of Spain 2016.Museo Nacional, Museu D'Art, Institut Valencia.

RogerE
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by RogerE »

Nice stamps, thanks Waffle. I particularly like the Arquitectura rural set.

My wife and I enjoyed visiting the MACBA = Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona several years ago, one of the many cultural treasures of Barcelona. Notice that its name is Catalan, not Castillian/Spanish. The name rendered into Castillian/Spanish would be Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Barcelona.

/RogerE :D

cursus
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by cursus »

Some years ago, I did this Maximum card with the MACBA stamp, by using an old postcard that I had a home:
TMaxMacba.jpg
I was there, when it was first opened. In my view, the building by Richard Meier (1995), is far more interesting than what's inside. The MNAC (Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya) is a must.
Last edited by cursus on 13 Jun 2020 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
I collect: Estonia 1990-1992 Postal History. Barcelona Postal History and postmarks. Catalan cinderellas. Botanical gardens. Ice creams on stamps. Used UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria & Scandinavia.

cursus

Post by cursus »

On the San Sebastián stamp, you can see the iron balcony of "La Concha" beach and the sculpture "El peine de los vientos" (winds' comb) by the Basque sculptor Eduardo Chillida, also by the Cantabric sea. San Sebastián ("Donosti" in Basque Language or Euskera) is one of the main Basque Country cities and, perhaps, the most beautiful.
I collect: Estonia 1990-1992 Postal History. Barcelona Postal History and postmarks. Catalan cinderellas. Botanical gardens. Ice creams on stamps. Used UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria & Scandinavia.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I really must admit that Barcelona is a wonderful city to visit. and full of architectural gems. Almost anything that Gaudi put his hand to is spectacular especially Sacrada Familia, still in construction.The inside alone is worth a days viewing.

A stroll down Las Ramblas , if you can pass the many street-side cafes, bars, resturaunts and markets, can occupy the entire day. Up on the hill, the view from the Olympic site and the Art Gallery are spectacular.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Attachments
Stamp of Spain 2016 Arte Contemporaneo-Jaume Plensa, A sculptor.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Arte Contemporaneo-Jaume Plensa, A sculptor.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Attachments
Stamp of Spain 2016 Patrimonio Artistico- Murales in Parbellon12 IFEMA(12 de Feria de Madrid)-Murals.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Patrimonio Artistico- Murales in Parbellon12 IFEMA(12 de Feria de Madrid)-Murals.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 El Canto de la Sibila de Mallorca. On Christmas Eve,during the vigil,all the English on Majorca observe the Canto de la Sibila.
Stamp of Spain 2016 El Canto de la Sibila de Mallorca. On Christmas Eve,during the vigil,all the English on Majorca observe the Canto de la Sibila.
At the bottom of the stamp ,is the stunning Palma Cathedral and behind is is one of its beautiful stained glass windows.

Waffle

Re: Sharing my Spanish and Andorran stamps of 2009

Post by Waffle »

Stamp Of Spain 2016. El camino de Santiago-at the end of the trail, along the Santiago de Compestela.
Stamp Of Spain 2016. El camino de Santiago-at the end of the trail, along the Santiago de Compestela.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 El queso manchego y El azafran de la Mancha. Azafran=Saffron.
Stamp of Spain 2016 El queso manchego y El azafran de la Mancha. Azafran=Saffron.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

El Quesois cheese. These 2 stamps and the miniature sheet relate to Denominiaciones de Oricen Protegidas =protecting Names of Origins.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Toledo Spanish Capital of Gastronomy 2016.  A Honey of a stamp!
Stamp of Spain 2016 Toledo Spanish Capital of Gastronomy 2016. A Honey of a stamp!

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Hmmm, looks delicious!

Waffle, this stamp has a tilde-n [ñ] in the bottom right corner.
This appears on many recent Spanish stamps, but not all (?). It is often barely visible.
Can you (or any of our Spanish members) please tell us what is the significance of that symbol on the modern stamps?

Thanks!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I have noticed it myself on all the 2016 issues but not the 2009 issues. I have no idea of the significance. It is also on the 2019 issues.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 3different stamps in a group, 40th anniversary of Our Spain, cultural and natural history/100th anniversary of 1st natural park and Europa 2016 Think Green.
Stamp of Spain 2016 3different stamps in a group, 40th anniversary of Our Spain, cultural and natural history/100th anniversary of 1st natural park and Europa 2016 Think Green.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Milagro de Santo Domingo de la Calzada -Stained Glass window on the Camino de Santiago.
Milagro de Santo Domingo de la Calzada -Stained Glass window on the Camino de Santiago.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 3 Dinosaurios-Europieta, Proa Y Pelecanimimus. The Europieta stamp is Lenticular!
Stamp of Spain 2016 3 Dinosaurios-Europieta, Proa Y Pelecanimimus. The Europieta stamp is Lenticular!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Dinosaurios Turiasaurios.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Dinosaurios Turiasaurios.

cursus

Post by cursus »

As none of our Spanish friends is stepping up to venture an answer to the "ñ" symbol question, and being somewhat familiar with those people, I would suggest that, being this letter unique to Spanish language, and they taking pride of that "so important fact", They use "ñ" as a symbol, as a "property mark" or of something being Spanish.
So, my guess, is that "ñ" on stamps means "made in Spain". They even use as Spain's trade mark. But, not being myself Spanish, I might be wrong.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 tve-60 anos, Spanish TV 60 years.
Stamp of Spain 2016 tve-60 anos, Spanish TV 60 years.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Miniature Sheet, La generacion de los 50s.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Miniature Sheet, La generacion de los 50s.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Waffle, you have recently posted an image of this stamp, but the caption needs adjusting:
.<br />Spain, 2016: stamp commemorating 100th anniversary<br />of the first National Parks Act
Spain, 2016: stamp commemorating 100th anniversary
of the first National Parks Act
la ley, las leyesthe law/s
la primera leythe first law/act

By the way, I recently added a post on Spanish/Castilian in the Stamps and Languages thread:
https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=90529&start=196

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Thanks RogerE. Shortly I will post China 1994 stamps and as I have no idea of the language, I have no doubt that you will educate all of us. God I hate smart people, who know more than I do.It almost makes me feel inferior. I am so jealous. My education was so limited.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Waffle, you made me borrow two posters to share. /RogerE :D
download.png
images-1.jpg

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I take your last poster's comment to heart. My post was NOT criticism but was very much tongue in cheek. I am in awe of your linguistic skills, and quite jealous.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

A stamp of Spain 2016 300 anos de correos en Espana-1st century 1716-1816.
A stamp of Spain 2016 300 anos de correos en Espana-1st century 1716-1816.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016  2nd century 1816-1916
Stamp of Spain 2016 2nd century 1816-1916

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016-3rd Century 1916-2016.
Stamp of Spain 2016-3rd Century 1916-2016.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Wow! Waffle, the perforations on the "300 years of Spanish post" minisheets you've just shown are wild!

Would you mind showing us the back views as well, so we can better see the perforations? Thanks!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Roger, it will be a pleasure( I may have overdone it with the pin-Ho Ho) When Ubobo gets here tomorrow, I will give him the 3 miniature sheets to scan the reverse. My scanning, although possible, leaves a lot to be desired.

By the way I have found a second year book of P.R.C. stamps to get scanned for your excellent translation. The 2003 year book has an English based index, so I am not totally at sea. You are always welcome to comment on this or any of my posts even if ear tweaks are warranted.

I love being tongue in cheek. Sadly I was the class clown through school and university, getting tossed out of class frequently and get caned. Still managed to perform well at exam time.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I have just gone through my stamp den. I have 4 Italian Quaderno de francobilli, 2 Portugeese Portugal en sellos, 2 Estonian year packs and 1 from Malta, Latvia,Holland and 2 from Greece and 2 from Finland. I think that that is enough to get me to 4000 posts and keep Ubobo scanning until he qualifies for his old age pension.

This does not include the 16 Singaporean year books. The joys of cruising, traveling and finding overseas post offices, where I can speak English and money.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Chatty responses, thanks Waffle. Those perforated extravaganzas will be well worth the Puffin's scanning time! :D

Oh, I almost forgot to comment — your supply of year books will probably last for years, to coin a phrase :)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 %00th anniversary of Ferdinand the Catholic and of Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba in the service of The Reyes Catolicos.
Stamp of Spain 2016 %00th anniversary of Ferdinand the Catholic and of Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba in the service of The Reyes Catolicos.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Bicentenary of the Order of Isabel la Catolica.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Bicentenary of the Order of Isabel la Catolica.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Vison europeo riojano, cangrejo de rio(crayfish)&amp; Caballito de mar(seahorse) for Fauna Protegida.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Vison europeo riojano, cangrejo de rio(crayfish)& Caballito de mar(seahorse) for Fauna Protegida.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Exfilna 2016 Zaragoza Exposition of Philately in Zaragosa
Stamp of Spain 2016 Exfilna 2016 Zaragoza Exposition of Philately in Zaragosa

Chkpoint Charlie

Post by Chkpoint Charlie »

I just received this covid-19 era cover.
Spain cover 600dpi.jpg
The top two stamps were canceled on a Thursday. The bottom three on the following Tuesday!

Does anyone know why the delay?
spain cover (2).jpg
What is "Morgan P&DC NY, import customs? Is this the date that customs released it?

So mailed on April 30th, arrived in my mailbox June 16th.

47 days in the mail, I have lost one nice shipment of stamps so far, traced it to NY customs, then vanished. Had a tracking number too!

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”