Sharing my Spanish and Andorra Issues of 2016..

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Ubobo.R.O.
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Sharing my Spanish and Andorra Issues of 2016..

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

Could a moderator please remove the previous two posts and shift them to the Covid-19 thread please ?

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=89367&start=233
Last edited by Ubobo.R.O. on 19 Jun 2020 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !

Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

First Century. 1716-1816.
First Century. 1716-1816.
Second Century. 1816-1916.
Second Century. 1816-1916.
Third Century. 1916-2016.
Third Century. 1916-2016.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

After viewing the latest post by Chkpoint Charlie I was able to find a "first answer" to help us understand the New York cancellation on the cover shown in that post:
The New York (NY) Morgan Processing and Distribution Center (P&DC) in NY City is one of the Postal Service's largest processing facilities. It processes originating mail for Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Manhattan; and destinating mail for the Bronx and Manhattan. It also processes inbound international mail from the John F. Kennedy International Service Center. In fiscal year (FY) 2015, the NY Morgan P&DC processed about 1.96 billion mailpieces.
https://www.uspsoig.gov/document/new-york-morgan-processing- ... efficiency

I am about to add a more detailed post in the "Covid19" thread, at
https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=89367&start=233

/RogerE :D

P.S. After making that post in the Covid 19 thread, I've seen Ubobo.R.O.'s recent post on this Spanish and Andorra 2016 thread. If implemented, it would surely have some "unintended side-effects"‽

Waffle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Waffle »

I agree re the interesting perforations on the Spanish 2016, 300th anniversary of the postal services in Spain. Never would have looked at them from that angle. I hope RogerE finds them fascinating, also.

The reason Puffin posted them for me, is that I will be travelling to Hervey Bay in 2 days time, to celebrate my wife's birthday, as an escape from total isolation, and would not have received my flashdrive with images, back, beforehand.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Thanks Waffle and Ubobo.R.O. for showing us the scans of the backs of those three minisheets/souvenir sheets.

The perforation extravaganza on each is clearly visible, and quite astonishing. Some observations:

• The wandering perforations don't enter the postage stamp in the middle of each sheet. That wasn't clear from the "face" images.

• The tilde-n [ñ] on each postage stamp appears to be punched through the paper (or at least deeply incised). Does light pass through the tilde-n?

• Each minisheet/souvenir sheet has four portions of horizontal perforation lines not actually adjacent to the postage stamp. Each of those appears to have a periodic pattern of two regular perforation holes followed by a perforation shaped like an epsilon [ɛ]. (I'm guessing it's "E' for España.) I hadn't noticed that from the face views. Does light pass through the epsilons?

• If anyone wanted to remove the stamp from the middle of such a sheet, surely there would be a high probability that the "selvedge" (the wide surrounding parts of the minisheet) would tear along some of the wandering perforation lines rather than just along the straight lines of perforations. Arguably each minisheet/souvenir sheet comprises one postage stamp and eight cinderella labels, so I imagine that any attempt to separate off the eight cinderella labels would be very difficult to carry out successfully...

Thanks again for those added back scans — even more revealing than I had anticipated! :D

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I am delighted to say that I had no need to try to separate the individual stamps from their sheets as I bought 2 year books in Mallorca when the cruise called there in 2017.

The individual sheets were attached by saliva to several A4 sized envelopes,along with other stamps from the second book and posted home.

All, happily, arrived safely and intact. The results are in my Spanish stamp album.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Completely understood, thanks Waffle — though you might have guessed I was speaking for those of us who are cinderella enthusiasts ;)

What about the passage of light through [ñ] and/or [ɛ] ? I suppose you will be able to answer those questions when you receive your mint sheets from Ubobo.R.O., or perhaps he will answer for you, in anticipation... ;)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I will ask him to do so when he finishes yelling at slow horses on TV this afternoon, and provide a report for you as I will be on "holidays" at Hervey bay, whale watching.

Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

RogerE wrote:
19 Jun 2020 14:22
• The tilde-n [ñ] on each postage stamp appears to be punched through the paper (or at least deeply incised). Does light pass through the tilde-n?
Si senor.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Ubobo.R.O.: Helpful confirmation, appreciated :D
Does the light also pass through those epsilons? I'm now guessing 'yes/si'. ;)

Muchas gracias señor, pero ¿ha perdido su tilde?

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Not lost, just hiding.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

:D

Waffle, you have just celebrated your wife's birthday. A week or so back a matching event took place in our household. But it "spilled over" into something special the next day as well, then the next day, etc. We have just accidentally invented a new convention: there are no birthday celebrations in our house anymore, there are Birthweek celebrations ;)

Might as well make the most of it at our age. I suggest it could become an entitlement for everyone turning 70 or more...

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

What a brilliant idea, even if she is only 67. I on the other hand will be 73 this year so in August, I may take your idea to heart and, instead of a birthday week, have a birthday month.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Well, I'm glad you like the idea Waffle, but let me warn you. A Birthweek is manageable, but a Birthmonth would run the risk of expanded waistlines and/or diminished bank balances! Think again before you take that giant step — a small step for a man may be wiser that a giant step for mankind. ;)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

RogerE, the diminished bank balance is already in progress.Thanks to government edict, my super scheme has just informed me(yesterday) that my monthly income will decrease by 50% as from July.

We are already looking at massive reductions in spending including,gasp,horror, on stamps!, so that we can continue to eat and drink wine.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Wooahh! Dr Waffle — did you say 50% reduction‽ That is miserable! :(
What does the edict you referred to say, in essence?

I am so sorry to read that news from you. Shall I send a food parcel, as Australians used to do in the aftermath of WWII? Now it will be food parcels in the aftermath of CVD 2020.

/RogerE

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

RogerE, your extremely generous offer , would have been happily accepted but for one thing. Before we headed north for a few days escape,we received an email from our financial advisor, to let us know that we could stay on the previous income, if we so chose.

Guess what we decided to do?

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Numismayica-Billete De 1,000 Pesetas & Moneda de 25 Centimos The note from 1971 & the coin from 1927.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Numismayica-Billete De 1,000 Pesetas & Moneda de 25 Centimos The note from 1971 & the coin from 1927.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 35 Aniversario Lanzamiento Primer Transbordador Espacial Colombia Celebrating 35th anniversary of launch of Colombia on 12/4/81
Stamp of Spain 2016 35 Aniversario Lanzamiento Primer Transbordador Espacial Colombia Celebrating 35th anniversary of launch of Colombia on 12/4/81

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Nice to have you back on thread Dr Waffle. More interesting/attractive posts too, thanks! :D
Glad to get the reassuring news that bread and water will remain only a modest part of your menu. ;)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Nothing wrong with bread& water. Remember wine is about 86-88% water (beer 94%) and pizza is on a bread dough base! it is all what you make of it.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp Of Spain 2016 Unidad Militar De Emergencia, UME-Emergency services.
Stamp Of Spain 2016 Unidad Militar De Emergencia, UME-Emergency services.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 America UPAEP Olimpiadas,Pierre de Coubettin Union Postal de las Americas, Espana y Portugal For the 2016 Olympic Games
Stamp of Spain 2016 America UPAEP Olimpiadas,Pierre de Coubettin Union Postal de las Americas, Espana y Portugal For the 2016 Olympic Games

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

All good Dr Waffle — you will have noticed that I didn't recommend total abstinence from bread and water.

Now, congratulations on your posting progress. With a current total of 2074 posts, you have advanced on the Stampboards honour roll to
* * Rank 198 * *
Onward and upward!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 VII Centenario de la Muerte De Ramon Llull, 700th Anniversary of the death of Ramon Llull.
Stamp of Spain 2016 VII Centenario de la Muerte De Ramon Llull, 700th Anniversary of the death of Ramon Llull.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Vehiculos De Epoca Toyota Celica y Carlos Sainz Carlos Sainz and his Toyota Celica.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Vehiculos De Epoca Toyota Celica y Carlos Sainz Carlos Sainz and his Toyota Celica.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spaim 2016 Exfilna/ECC 2016 Zaragoza National Filatelic Exposition 2016 in Zaragosa.
Stamp of Spaim 2016 Exfilna/ECC 2016 Zaragoza National Filatelic Exposition 2016 in Zaragosa.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 125 anos Diario de Avisos. 125 years of the paper of Santa Cruz of Tenerife.
Stamp of Spain 2016 125 anos Diario de Avisos. 125 years of the paper of Santa Cruz of Tenerife.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Cuerpo de ingenieros industriales del Estado.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Cuerpo de ingenieros industriales del Estado.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 80 Aniversariodel Parque Movil Del Estado At this park, they conserve and maintain historic automobiles.
Stamp of Spain 2016 80 Aniversariodel Parque Movil Del Estado At this park, they conserve and maintain historic automobiles.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016, Jerez, Capital Mundial Del Motociclismo 2015/2017-Jerez,World Capital of Motorcycling 2015-2017.
Stamp of Spain 2016, Jerez, Capital Mundial Del Motociclismo 2015/2017-Jerez,World Capital of Motorcycling 2015-2017.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016, Centenario RFFPA-Football 100 years in Asturias
Stamp of Spain 2016, Centenario RFFPA-Football 100 years in Asturias

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp Of Spain 2016 300 Aniversario Del Nacimiento De Antonio De Ulloa 300th Anniversary of the birth of Antonio de Ulloa
Stamp Of Spain 2016 300 Aniversario Del Nacimiento De Antonio De Ulloa 300th Anniversary of the birth of Antonio de Ulloa

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Centenario Del Nacimiento De Antonio Buero Vallejo, Centenary of Birth of Antonio Vallejo-dramatist.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Centenario Del Nacimiento De Antonio Buero Vallejo, Centenary of Birth of Antonio Vallejo-dramatist.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 TTC Technologias de informacion y comunicacion. Technology of Information and Communication.
Stamp of Spain 2016 TTC Technologias de informacion y comunicacion. Technology of Information and Communication.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Milenio del Reino de Almeria 1014-2014
Stamp of Spain 2016 Milenio del Reino de Almeria 1014-2014

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 75 Aniversario del incendio de la cuidad de Santander- 75th Anniversary of the devastating fire of the city of Santander 15/16 February 1941
Stamp of Spain 2016 75 Aniversario del incendio de la cuidad de Santander- 75th Anniversary of the devastating fire of the city of Santander 15/16 February 1941

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Personajes, Rocio Jurado People Rocio Jurado a renowned singer.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Personajes, Rocio Jurado People Rocio Jurado a renowned singer.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

[/
Stamp of Spain 2016  Cine Espanol, Amparo Rivelles Luis Mariano Spanish Cinema. 2 Stars, Amparo Rivelles and Luis Mariano.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Cine Espanol, Amparo Rivelles Luis Mariano Spanish Cinema. 2 Stars, Amparo Rivelles and Luis Mariano.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016  Semama internacional De Cine De Valladolid=International Cinema Week at Valladolid.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Semama internacional De Cine De Valladolid=International Cinema Week at Valladolid.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Maravillas Del Mundo Moderno Marvels of the Modern World, Taj Mahal.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Maravillas Del Mundo Moderno Marvels of the Modern World, Taj Mahal.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Migration-Migration.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Migration-Migration.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Espana 2015-2016. Miembro no permanente del Consejo dr Sequridad se Naciones Unidas Non permenant member of the United Nations Security Council.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Espana 2015-2016. Miembro no permanente del Consejo dr Sequridad se Naciones Unidas Non permenant member of the United Nations Security Council.
Last edited by Waffle on 02 Jul 2020 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

30 Aniversario de la adhesion de Espana a las Comunidades Europeas. 30th Anniversary of Spain's admission to European Community.
30 Aniversario de la adhesion de Espana a las Comunidades Europeas. 30th Anniversary of Spain's admission to European Community.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain and Israel 2016 Emision Conjunta Espana Israel Spain/Israel joint Issue Celebrating 30 years of Diplomatic Relations.
Stamp of Spain and Israel 2016 Emision Conjunta Espana Israel Spain/Israel joint Issue Celebrating 30 years of Diplomatic Relations.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp Of Spain 2016 Contra Acoso Escolar No Bullying! The stamp is Gold in colour but turns out Black with scanning.
Stamp Of Spain 2016 Contra Acoso Escolar No Bullying! The stamp is Gold in colour but turns out Black with scanning.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Solidaridad A Miniature Sheet.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Solidaridad A Miniature Sheet.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Navidad La Virgen Maria, Christmas The Virgin Mary.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Navidad La Virgen Maria, Christmas The Virgin Mary.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016 Navidad Campanitas. Adorna 2016, Christmas Bells.
Stamp of Spain 2016 Navidad Campanitas. Adorna 2016, Christmas Bells.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Spain 2016-Arbol de Navidad, NOT an actual stamp but a folded up, paper, Christmas tree that the Christmas Bells stamp was in.
Stamp of Spain 2016-Arbol de Navidad, NOT an actual stamp but a folded up, paper, Christmas tree that the Christmas Bells stamp was in.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”