Sharing my Portuguese Stamps of 2011 and 2012

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Sharing my Portuguese Stamps of 2011 and 2012

Post by Waffle »

I finally got past Spain/Andorra. Their Iberian neighbour Portugal is next. In 2013 we did an MSC cruise from Venice to Buenos Aires. We called into Lanzarotte in the Canary Islands. In the main square was a big yellow sign with an arrow pointing up a side street. The sign said Correios. I knew where I was going and was able to get 2 year books(2 of each).
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Re: Sharing my Portuguese Stamps of 2011 and 2012

Post by Waffle »

The theme fort the 2011 Year book is Patrimonio para memoria futura, or for English rteaders, Heritage for future remembrance. Thankfully each year book has a descriptive text for each lot of stamps which are grouped under 4 headings , in both Portuguese and in English. This makes my job easier, and avoids corrections from the master.

Groupings are as follows:-
1)Patrimonio Ambiental Environmental Heritage
2) Patrimonio Cultural Curtural Heritage
3) Patrimonio Historico Historic Heritage
4) Patrimonio Global Global Heritage

There follows the stamps:-
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental- Renewable Energy& Animal/Plant kingdoms on the flying island Earth.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental- Renewable Energy& Animal/Plant kingdoms on the flying island Earth.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Stamps designed by children for World Post Day in the National Reading Plan.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Stamps designed by children for World Post Day in the National Reading Plan.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Aguas e Rasiduos Water and Waste-Save water and separate and recycle waste.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Aguas e Rasiduos Water and Waste-Save water and separate and recycle waste.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Peixes Migradores, Migratory Fish. All shown are threatened with Extincao-extinction.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Peixes Migradores, Migratory Fish. All shown are threatened with Extincao-extinction.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Peixes Migradores-Miniature sheet of Enguias-Eels
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Peixes Migradores-Miniature sheet of Enguias-Eels

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal Patrimonio Ambientel- Patrimonio Baleerio Dos Acores -Whaling Heritage of the Azores
Stamp of Portugal Patrimonio Ambientel- Patrimonio Baleerio Dos Acores -Whaling Heritage of the Azores

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiebntal/Baleerio Dos Acores, Miniature Sheet of a former whaling boat.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiebntal/Baleerio Dos Acores, Miniature Sheet of a former whaling boat.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental/Baleerio Dos Acores, Miniature Sheet of a Whaling boat in The Azores Museum.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental/Baleerio Dos Acores, Miniature Sheet of a Whaling boat in The Azores Museum.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental/Baleerio Dos Acores, Whaling History of The Azores.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental/Baleerio Dos Acores, Whaling History of The Azores.
Last edited by Waffle on 12 Jul 2020 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental - Savel, Sardines. Peixes Migradores Sadly there is only 1 stamp of this 2 stamp set. Where the other one has got to-GOK.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental - Savel, Sardines. Peixes Migradores Sadly there is only 1 stamp of this 2 stamp set. Where the other one has got to-GOK.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2911 Patrimonio Ambiental Peixes Migradores- Miniature Sheet for Salmao de Atlantico, Atlantic Salmon.
Stamp of Portugal 2911 Patrimonio Ambiental Peixes Migradores- Miniature Sheet for Salmao de Atlantico, Atlantic Salmon.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp Of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Quintas da Maderia- Manor Houses of Maderia-Miniature Sheet of the Manor house of Joao Goncales Zaeco housing theQuinta das Ceuzes museum.
Stamp Of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Quintas da Maderia- Manor Houses of Maderia-Miniature Sheet of the Manor house of Joao Goncales Zaeco housing theQuinta das Ceuzes museum.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Quintas da Maderia.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Quintas da Maderia.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Quinta da Maderis Miniature Sheet of Quinta Vigia,a manor house from the 1600s residence of the Governor of Maderia Provence.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Quinta da Maderis Miniature Sheet of Quinta Vigia,a manor house from the 1600s residence of the Governor of Maderia Provence.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Quinta da Maderia- Quinta  Jardins do Lago and Quinta Serra Golf.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Quinta da Maderia- Quinta Jardins do Lago and Quinta Serra Golf.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental, Queijos Portugueses- Portuguese Cheeses made from ewe's,goat's or cow's milk. Miniature Sheet of Castelo Branco.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental, Queijos Portugueses- Portuguese Cheeses made from ewe's,goat's or cow's milk. Miniature Sheet of Castelo Branco.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Queijos Portugueses= Nisa/Terrincho/Serpa/Castello Branco& Pico. They are all designated PDO-protected designation of origin. Pico is from The Azores.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Ambiental Queijos Portugueses= Nisa/Terrincho/Serpa/Castello Branco& Pico. They are all designated PDO-protected designation of origin. Pico is from The Azores.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio  Cultyral O Fado The Fado is a musical genre so Portuguese, internationalised as a candidate for World intangible Cultural Heritage.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultyral O Fado The Fado is a musical genre so Portuguese, internationalised as a candidate for World intangible Cultural Heritage.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural A gallery of great Fado singers and their instruments including Amalia Rodrigues who sang verses of poets Camoes and Jose Regio. She took the Fado to the apogee of world fame.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural A gallery of great Fado singers and their instruments including Amalia Rodrigues who sang verses of poets Camoes and Jose Regio. She took the Fado to the apogee of world fame.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2001 Patrimonio Cultural FestasTradicionais Portuguesas Traditional Potruguese Festivals.
Stamp of Portugal 2001 Patrimonio Cultural FestasTradicionais Portuguesas Traditional Potruguese Festivals.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Now for two of the most artistic, beautiful miniature sheets that I have ever seen. Portugal seems to produce a never ending assembly line of such wonderful miniature sheets. A thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural  Os belos Bordados Tradicionais Portugueses- The beautiful Traditional Portuguese Embroidery. The betrothed's Wedding shirt(Guimaraes)
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Os belos Bordados Tradicionais Portugueses- The beautiful Traditional Portuguese Embroidery. The betrothed's Wedding shirt(Guimaraes)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Bardados Tradicionais Portugueses More Superb Embroidery.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Bardados Tradicionais Portugueses More Superb Embroidery.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2911 Patrimonio Cultural Bordados Tradicionais Portugueses
Stamp of Portugal 2911 Patrimonio Cultural Bordados Tradicionais Portugueses

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural, Bordados Tradicionais Portugueses Villa Verde, Arraiolos &  Castelo Branca.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural, Bordados Tradicionais Portugueses Villa Verde, Arraiolos & Castelo Branca.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal-2 Miniature Sheets,Teatro em Portugal-Portuguese Theatre, Playrights Almieda Garrett/Joao Da Camara from 19th Century & Jose Regio/Bernardo Santereno,representatives of modernity.
Stamp of Portugal-2 Miniature Sheets,Teatro em Portugal-Portuguese Theatre, Playrights Almieda Garrett/Joao Da Camara from 19th Century & Jose Regio/Bernardo Santereno,representatives of modernity.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 P{atrimonio Cultural Theatre in Portugal Actresses(actrizes) Laura Alves, Amelia Rey Colaco & actor(actores)Raul Solnado.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 P{atrimonio Cultural Theatre in Portugal Actresses(actrizes) Laura Alves, Amelia Rey Colaco & actor(actores)Raul Solnado.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Theatre in Portugal Actress(actrize)Eunice Munoz & actors(actores)Armado Cortez& Ruy de Carvahlo.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Theatre in Portugal Actress(actrize)Eunice Munoz & actors(actores)Armado Cortez& Ruy de Carvahlo.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Centenario do Museu Nacional de Arte Contemporanea do Chiado The Centenary of the Museum of Contemporary art-The Chiado A Miniature Sheet.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Centenario do Museu Nacional de Arte Contemporanea do Chiado The Centenary of the Museum of Contemporary art-The Chiado A Miniature Sheet.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Paintings from the Museum of Contemporary Art, The Chiado
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Paintings from the Museum of Contemporary Art, The Chiado

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011  Patrimonio Cultural Centenario do Arquivo Nacional Da Toprre do Tombo- Miniature Sheet for the Centenary of the National Archive of Torre de Tombo.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Centenario do Arquivo Nacional Da Toprre do Tombo- Miniature Sheet for the Centenary of the National Archive of Torre de Tombo.

RogerE
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by RogerE »

Waffle wrote:
14 Jul 2020 09:45
Waffle, you are right! The minisheets and stamps showing us traditional Portuguese embroidery are stunning!
Thank you for sharing them with us. :D

/RogerE :D

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Centenario Arquivo Nacional Do Torre de Tombo.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Cultural Centenario Arquivo Nacional Do Torre de Tombo.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico-Historic Heritage Arquelogica em Portugal Archeology in Portugal
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico-Historic Heritage Arquelogica em Portugal Archeology in Portugal

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Centenariodo Instuto dos Pupilos do Exercito Miniature Sheet for The Centenary of the Institute of the Pupils of The Army.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Centenariodo Instuto dos Pupilos do Exercito Miniature Sheet for The Centenary of the Institute of the Pupils of The Army.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Arquelogia Em Portugal. Conimbrigia is known as "ThePortuguese Pompeii. Sadly, i of a set of 5 stamps has gone walk about.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Arquelogia Em Portugal. Conimbrigia is known as "ThePortuguese Pompeii. Sadly, i of a set of 5 stamps has gone walk about.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Etamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Centenario das Instituicoes de Ensino Sup[erior  Centenary of the Higher Education Institutes.
Etamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Centenario das Instituicoes de Ensino Sup[erior Centenary of the Higher Education Institutes.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historicos Instituto dos Pupilos Do Exercito-Institute of Army School Pupils.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historicos Instituto dos Pupilos Do Exercito-Institute of Army School Pupils.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Centenario Da Guarda Nacional Republicana Centenary of The National Republican Guard.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Centenario Da Guarda Nacional Republicana Centenary of The National Republican Guard.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Centenary of the National Republican Guard.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Centenary of the National Republican Guard.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Escola de Fuzileiros 50 Anos 50th Anniversary of the Marine school.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Escola de Fuzileiros 50 Anos 50th Anniversary of the Marine school.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011Patrimonio Historico 50th Anniversary of the Marine's school
Stamp of Portugal 2011Patrimonio Historico 50th Anniversary of the Marine's school

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico. Centenario do Credito Agricola  Centenary of the Credito Agricola, an agricultural savings and loans bank.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico. Centenario do Credito Agricola Centenary of the Credito Agricola, an agricultural savings and loans bank.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Vultos Da Historia e Da Cultura Major Figures of Portuguese History and Culture. Antonio Ferrerira is the "Grand Lady" of Port wine.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Historico Vultos Da Historia e Da Cultura Major Figures of Portuguese History and Culture. Antonio Ferrerira is the "Grand Lady" of Port wine.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Global Ano Mundial Da Medicina Vetinariia World Day of Vetinary Medicine. Another Lovely Miniature Sheet.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Global Ano Mundial Da Medicina Vetinariia World Day of Vetinary Medicine. Another Lovely Miniature Sheet.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Global. World Day of Vetinary Medicine.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Global. World Day of Vetinary Medicine.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Global. World Day of Veninary Medicine.
Stamp of Portugal 2011 Patrimonio Global. World Day of Veninary Medicine.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Nice minisheet Waffle, worth a second look at the pleasant artwork. :D
Waffle wrote:
19 Jul 2020 08:23
IMG_20200530_0007 (2).jpg
May I add a typo-fix? The preceding post includes a 0.68 € stamp commemorating
the 200th birth anniversary of Antónia Ferreira, the Ferreirinha.
Wikipedia wrote:Ferreira received her nickname, Ferreirinha (an affectionate diminutive of her name in Portuguese), for her devotion and care for the working families who farmed her lands and vineyards. She was supported in her business efforts by her administrator José da Silva Torres, who eventually became her second husband.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonia_Ferreira

/RogerE :D

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”