"View all posts since my last visit" Essential New Feature

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

"View all posts since my last visit" Essential New Feature

Post by admin »

"View all posts since my last visit" New Feature

A fantastically useful new board feature. :idea:

Actually it has been up for a while, but in general, no-one seems to know it exists! :D

Go to the main Index Page (click either of the large coloured stampboards logos to get there fast!) and then simply click the small text link in blue writing at top right saying - "View posts since last visit."

OR, if you are logged in now and want to "road test" this feature now - simply click here which should work for you:

Indeed to have a quick look at the current hot discussions on stampboards at ANY time, simply click –

https://www.stampboards.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

Whether you are logged in or not - it works - as you can see. If you are NOT logged in, you usually cannot see that.

You can see 'what’s hot' that day and click immediately on the thread(s) that interest YOU most. We added this feature based on many member requests.

Even if you have not logged in for 4 days, EVERY thread with a reply(s) made since then shows up. A wonderful way to ensure you miss NOTHING interesting being posted!

Stampboards now gets 1000s of new posts a day, so it is VERY easy for a thread of great interest to you to slowly sink down and vanish from view, without you even knowing it ever existed.

You can quickly go to the ones that MOST interest you. :idea: :idea:

Please post here and let me know if this feature is useful for you. 8)

GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!

Post by GUTTERS »

It's the first thing I do after I vote for the site

Use it every time
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

sford32533
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by sford32533 »

Brilliant, keep the goodies coming.

Since were on the subject could something be added to allow us to sort by column heading such as the date?

Thanks for all the hard work you do this board is GREAT!

Steve

Phantom
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by Phantom »

It's all mind boggling at the moment.
Is it required that I roll call or introduce myself every time I go on line or is that for initial contact for new members only or can I just log on and go straight into the various forums? Sorry, it's probably a dumb question in the wrong forum but I can only get better at this.
Cheers,
CON :shock:

gavin-h
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by gavin-h »

Phantom wrote:It's all mind boggling at the moment.
Is it required that I roll call or introduce myself every time I go on line or is that for initial contact for new members only or can I just log on and go straight into the various forums? Sorry, it's probably a dumb question in the wrong forum but I can only get better at this.
Cheers,
CON :shock:
CON,

Roll-call is just a one-off, to introduce yourself to other members and list your interests.

Don't need to visit there every time, just dive in and join in with the fun 8)

serenity
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Re: "View all posts since my last visit" New Feature

Post by serenity »

I think I'll take that good advice and use it. Thanks again for the kind help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jbcev80

Post by jbcev80 »

Hi Glenn

I did not know that it was a "new" feature. As soon as I log on I hit the "New Posts" button. Most useful feature, don't ever remove it.

Jerry B

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

jbcev80 wrote:Hi Glenn

I did not know that it was a "new" feature. As soon as I log on I hit the "New Posts" button. Most useful feature, don't ever remove it.

Jerry B
It was a brand new feature when I started the thread - note the dateline of that post. :idea:

I still use this EVERY day, and suggest all others do that too - amazing what you miss if you have not logged in for a day or two!

Glen

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Well worth a "bump". :)

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Mark forums read - don't hit this!

Post by norvic »

Beware the 'Mark Forums Read' link, though. If you hit that in error - slip of the mouse pointer or the finger on a touch-screen, then all the 'View Your Posts' markings on threads disappear, and there is no icon to click to get you back to the first one you haven't read.

I don't know how this affects 'View new posts' but I suspect it is the same way.

'Mark Forums Read' link
'Mark Forums Read' link
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

Return to “New to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”