Notifications ?

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

leamphil
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Notifications ?

Post by leamphil »

At the top right of the front screen there is a bell with "Notifications" by its side.
If I click on this I get 4 notifications (replies to an earlier post on 1st June) - how do I get rid of these ?

If I click "See All" at the bottom I get a list of the 4 notifications with a "Mark Read" column at the right and boxes I cannot select.
If I "Mark All" at the bottom the boxes get selected, but in grey. If I then click the "Mark Read" button the selection ticks disappear but nothing changes.
If I click on the "Mark all notifications read" at the top I switch to an information page which says "All notifications have been marked read" and then it comes back top the same list of 4 norifications.

Is there a way to get rid of the notifications please ?

nigelc
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Re: Notifications ?

Post by nigelc »

Hi Leamphil,

I find the notification list is updated when I reload the page.
Nigel

leamphil

Post by leamphil »

Not for me - I've closed the browser and restarted and the same 4 notifications are still there.

Stamp collector
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Stamp collector »

I don't know how to disable notifications permanently but you can stop them by

Go to User Control Panel
In the overview section you will find manage subscriptions section
There you can unwatch the topics
After you unwatch those topics new notifications will no longer pop up from those topics

However after you post a reply to any topic on stampboards it will again start notifications from that topic

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Members for 10 years know full well that lazy and meaningless 1 word headings are not permitted here.

Too lazy to do that, we are too lazy to respond to such petty inquiries. Life is a 2 way street. Seems fair to me.

Thread locked

p.s. - what a PERFECT avatar you chose. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Return to “New to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”