Password reset every time

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

simoncpage
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Password reset every time

Post by simoncpage »

Every time I want to post I have to reset my password. I do a password reset and then every time I login after that I get a message saying “you did not provide a password reset token”.

Any ideas how to stop this I don’t have this issue with any other websites or forums and it is really annoying?

Thanks

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Password reset every time

Post by Global Administrator »

Another downside of BREXIT I'd guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOWEVER, it does not appear to occur to the other 22,500 members, so "user error" in some way I'd guess.

You also cannot add images to new threads, or create headings of more than 4 words, and that mean something, or ask questions of any kind, so your tech issues are many it seems -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=94106

Our sincere apologies that our humble board is ''really annoying'' - read a few rules, and it might become less so perhaps? There is an idea. :idea:

Admin.

Philexx
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by Philexx »

Something to do with your security settings? Is it on really high and is blocking stuff like cookies/pop-ups/third-party sites etc?
Join the Stampboards Monthly Cover Exchanges

simoncpage

Post by simoncpage »

I’ve not read the rules properly which is separate from any IT issue - now I know them I will make sure in future if I don’t forget.

Can you not reduce your input and make the system flag this up when you post. I.e. a message “this post can’t be finalised because you have to post a photo and you have to have more than 4 words in the title”

Would make everyone’s life easier as I can’t imagine I am the only person to have this rules issue?

I use Google chrome suggested passwords but perhaps you could tell me what the token statement actually means rather than a reset success message? Seems odd that I can reset my password and login but then after a few days I then can’t again?

Thanks

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

simoncpage wrote:
07 Feb 2021 20:49

Can you not reduce your input and make the system flag this up when you post. I.e. a message “this post can’t be finalised because you have to post a photo and you have to have more than 4 words in the title”
OK, when you PayPal me $2000 to pay an IT programmer to do just that, we will go right ahead -- whatever you wish on this FREE board. It all costs money, but it seems like you are keen to have it custom designed JUST FOR YOU. Very cool.

In the meantime other members cope easily, by simply reading Rule 10 and 11, written in perfect clear English, that you claim to have read but never have, which spells it out pretty clearly -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2556

Question asked, question answered, thread locked to save even more member time on this silly nonsense, and I await your PayPal transmission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admin

Return to “New to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”