Free Stamp Album Software - New Release - AlbumEasy V4.2

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

clivel
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Free Stamp Album Software - New Release - AlbumEasy V4.2

Post by clivel »

I am happy to announce the release of AlbumEasy V4.2. Just barely sneaking it in before the end of the year.

This release contains a few enhancements, bug fixes, and a few new features that I hope you will find useful.
I had planned on releasing this version much earlier in the year, but for various reasons was unable to do so until now.

Changes for this release:
  • New: STAMP_ADD_HEXAGON and STAMP_ADD_OCTAGON commands for hexagonal and octagonal stamp boxes.
  • New: PAGE_BACKGROUND_IMG command adds a background image to the page.
  • New: PAGE_START_GROUP_BEGIN and PAGE_START_GROUP_END commands to define a group of commands that are output at the start of each new page.
  • New: TEXT_LINE_LEADING command to adjust the leading or spacing between the lines of text in a multiline text item such as a paragraph.
  • New: PAGE_VSPACE to add vertical spacing between elements on the page.
  • New: ALBUM_PAGES_HEADER and associated commands for placing text into the top margin of the page in a similar manner to the existing ALBUM_PAGES_FOOTER commands that operates on the bottom margin.
  • New: COLOUR_ALBUM_DECORATIVE_BORDER to set the line colour for decorative borders.
  • Enhancement: STAMP_ADD_IMG now supports placing both text and images simultaneously inside stamp boxes.
  • Enhancement: Added configuration options to disable the prompt to save the album when generating an album and to also disable the prompt when exiting the application.
  • Bug fix: The ALBUM_STAMP_IMG_SETTING command has been replaced by the ALBUM_STAMP_NEW_IMG_SETTING to correct a calculation error. The old command has been retained for backwards compatibility.
  • Bug fix: Image file names that included international characters could sometimes generate an error on Linux and Mac operating systems - now fixed.
  • Bug fix: SaveAs on MacOS was not always functional. Now fixed.
AlbumEasy example page
AlbumEasy example page
AlbumEasy example page
AlbumEasy example page
As always, versions for Windows, Linux and the Apple Mac may be downloaded from https://www.thestampweb.com/albumeasy/download

Clive

clivel

Re: Free Stamp Album Software - New Release - AlbumEasy V4.2

Post by clivel »

AlbumEasy v4.2.1 is now available for download

I must apologise for another release so soon after the last, but I wanted to get a bug fix out as soon as possible.

This release only corrects a single bug: Text, when combined with an image in a stamp box was not being centred correctly.

If you have already installed V4.2.0, then there is no compelling need to install the V4.2.1 release, unless you wish to include both text and images in stamp boxes.

Clive

Caddyman
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Caddyman »

Clive,

Thank you for this program. I have found it very useful and these updates look great.

Ron

clivel

Post by clivel »

Thanks, Ron (Caddyman),

It is always great to hear that someone is making use of the program :)

Clive

turtle-bienhoa
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by turtle-bienhoa »

Hi Clive,
I made these album pages a while ago. What do you think of it?
https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=6979422#p6979422
Regards,
Tuấn.
Searching for musical instruments, Lions International, Rotary International, the sport of cricket, non-rectangular stamps, and PIGS. OINK!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Amazing how tech-minded some of our members are - well done Clive. :)

I can't even change a price on my own webpages. True. :D

The guy who has done that for 20 years is 83 and in poor health sadly, so I need to find someone who remembers how HTML works on webpages -- no-one under 60 probably does. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So if anyone tech minded wants a little pocket money, please touch base. :idea:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

clivel

Post by clivel »

turtle-bienhoa wrote:
30 Dec 2020 20:36
Hi Clive,
I made these album pages a while ago. What do you think of it?
https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=6979422#p6979422
Regards,
Tuấn.
Hi Tuấn,
Your pages look great :)
Thanks for sharing them,
Clive

clivel

Post by clivel »

Global Administrator wrote:
31 Dec 2020 00:07

Amazing how tech-minded some of our members are - well done Clive. :)

So I need to find someone who remembers how HTML works on webpages -- no-one under 60 probably does.

Glen

Thanks, Glen.

Correct demographic here :) but regrettably, not enough time.

Hopefully, you will find someone soon.

Clive

wartax1418
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by wartax1418 »

First of all what a great peice of software, only just starting to use it but having a few problems knowing what to do, as you can see from the image i have put here, what i am trying to put two lines of text inside the stamp box but can find what comand to put in i think it is \ and " but not sure where and when to put them and where they should go have put a sample line from what i am trying to do

STAMP_ADD (19.0 23.0 "1m on 1c Grey" " " "SG.1" " ")

Capture syria.PNG

what i would like is the stamp value on one line and the colour on the other line but still in the stamp box, if anyone could help with how to do this it would be a great help

best regards

Andy
Last edited by Global Administrator on 21 Jan 2021 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added pars and spacing and “air” – always a superb idea on Bulletin Boards! Use the "PREVIEW" button folks. It is there for a GOOD reason.

clivel

Post by clivel »

Hi Andy,
I am pleased that you like AlbumEasy :)

Newlines in text fields are indicated by the two-character "\n" pair.

So for example to insert a new line between the 1m and on 1c Grey
Change
STAMP_ADD (19.0 23.0 "1m on 1c Grey" " " "SG.1" " ")
to
STAMP_ADD (19.0 23.0 "1m\non 1c Grey" " " "SG.1" " ")

One is not restricted to two lines, you can have multiple if you prefer e.g
STAMP_ADD (19.0 23.0 "1m\non\n1c Grey" " " "SG.1" " ")

would put 1m on the first line, on on the second line and 1c Grey on the third.

Please shout if you have any other questions.
Clive

wartax1418

Post by wartax1418 »

Hello Clive,
First of all many thanks for your help with my last question, as you can see from my attachments i have got to grips with the basic use.
SYRIA.PNG
SYRIA 1.PNG
i now have a new task i would like to try and place images of the stamps in boxes like the one in your sample page where you have the stamp in a box with that in another box with text in have watched the youtube page but still having trouble, keep getting an error saying something like unable to find file path.
i have my stamp images on an external hard drive (G) in a file named stamp images for albumeasy and have them listed as for example for Syria SY_SG1 through to SY_SG91 but not sure what to do or how to do it.
sorry to ask silly questions but once i get it i think i can produce some very nice album pages.
what i will do is remove the text from within the box i have done and replace them with images and text.
many thanks
Andy

clivel

Post by clivel »

Hi Andy,
Your pages are looking great :)

Unfortunately, as it is currently set up, AlbumEasy expects images to be on the same drive as the album file. Perhaps you could create a folder in the same location as your album files e.g "images" (without the quotes), and temporarily copy image files there for a specific album when you generate it.

The image file location has to be specified relative to the location of the album file.
So for example, if you have created a folder called images in the same location as your album file, and your image is called SY_SG1.png then you could use:

STAMP_ADD_IMG (28.0 32.0 "images/SY_SG1.png" "" "SG 1" "")

Note: Windows has the annoying habit of hiding the file extension but as it is actually a part of the file name, it must be included.
e.g Windows may display SY_SG1, but if it is a PNG file, then the actual name would probably be SY_SG1.png or if it is a JPEG then it could be SY_SG1.jpg or SY_SG1.jpeg. There is an option in Windows file explorer to display file extensions.

Once you have the basic image working, if you look at the Images.txt example file it includes examples of stamp boxes that include both text and images in the box. The comments in the file explain how to align them, it is a little tricky at first, but once you have it done for one stamp it is the same for all the other stamps of the same size.
Clive

satsuma
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by satsuma »

Without wanting to be seen as a know it all, who has previously contributed nothing helpful to this thread; surely it would be a relatively minor tweak to the program to ask the user to specify the drive on which the images are stored; on program start-up?

It's likely many people would have the same issue. My program file drive is about 100 gig, whereas my images drive is a couple of terabytes.

clivel

Post by clivel »

satsuma wrote:
28 Jan 2021 11:56
Without wanting to be seen as a know it all, who has previously contributed nothing helpful to this thread; surely it would be a relatively minor tweak to the program to ask the user to specify the drive on which the images are stored; on program start-up?
Actually, you are correct :)
But because the program is cross-platform - Windows, Mac and Linux and as I don't generally use Windows myself, and as only Windows uses drive letters, it didn't occur to me to add support for them.

Surprisingly though, this is the first time that someone has mentioned using drive letters, so I have added it to my list of future enhancements.
Clive

wartax1418

Post by wartax1418 »

Thanks Clive
Will have a look at what you said if not much luck will continue with how I am and wait until you get round to updates and come back to them
Once again many thanks
Andy

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”