FREE new 379 page - 'Handbook of Holyland Postal History'

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Historama.com
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

FREE new 379 page - 'Handbook of Holyland Postal History'

Post by Historama.com »

This is an ongoing project of compiling information on rates, routes, postal procedures and more, in one place; covering all periods of the Holy Land (and in some cases the Near East). The handbook has a couple of short articles/guides at the end.

The idea is to amass as much practical information in one free resource in order to help spread knowledge and awareness in this area of philately. The new version (0.003), fully searchable, is available now at this link.

In time I hope to create a section on the site which will have philatelic resources such as searchable copies of the Palestine Gazette, post office guides and more.
NEW: Israel, Mandate & Holy Land philatelic sale now on at Jerusalem Stamps - ending 19 Jan 07:00 AEDT. Get our free Handbook of Holyland Postal History!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: FREE new 379 page - 'Handbook of Holyland Postal History'

Post by Global Administrator »

Well done - a TON of work - 379 pages - and thanks for the plug to Stampboards. :lol:

Took a moment to load for me, but worked well.

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Historama.com

Post by Historama.com »

Well deserved by you and the board! That's the whole point really - to communicate the knowledge onward.

Your pointers about the coil stamp perforations and the uneven holes (due to replaced pins) - probably unknown to most people like myself - will help in preparing guides to understanding how to determine which stamps are coils, booklet stamps or just making sense of perforation anomalies.
NEW: Israel, Mandate & Holy Land philatelic sale now on at Jerusalem Stamps - ending 19 Jan 07:00 AEDT. Get our free Handbook of Holyland Postal History!

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

This file may be too big. I haven't managed to get it to load on Safari or Firefox yet, and my machine is fully up to date.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

phrag99
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by phrag99 »

No problem for me.

What a wonderful resource - you should be congratulated for not only compiling this handbook but for publishing it for free.

RevRed+
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by RevRed+ »

Loaded immediately for me on Chrome.

Great resource - thank you.

RevRed+
Red.

nigelc
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by nigelc »

RevRed+ wrote:
30 Dec 2020 03:03

Loaded immediately for me on Chrome.

Great resource - thank you.

RevRed+
Both true for me as well.

Well done Historama.com! 8-)
Nigel

Historama.com

Post by Historama.com »

if anyone encounters problems accessing the file (c.43mb or thereabouts) I'll try emailing it to you as a file on something like jumbomail. I think for the next update I may have to split the document into a few files in order to make it easier to download... It will always be free: this is my reaction to those specialty books produced in miniscule numbers that nobody can ever obtain :D

Thank you for the feedbacks! The document really is a joint venture by everyone: apart from snippets from source documents, any insights about things like stamp production, postage due calculations, perforations, postal procedures, censor regulations, etc - it's all drawn from what others have posted on the boards or published in collector groups, so my thanks in return to everyone who has knowledge to contribute (and of course I credit the sources cited).

Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

Happily flicking through it now, 51mb - no trouble to download. :)

Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”