Is there a Post-2006 Australia Stamp Album to Download?

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Goodwin
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Is there a Post-2006 Australia Stamp Album to Download?

Post by Goodwin »

The short story is in the title.

The long story is, I have recently completed (with some gaps, mainly expensive Roos!) my Stanley Gibbons Australia Volume I album to 1990.

IMG_20210320_0003.jpg

Against my better judgement, I then decided to take my used collection further. Unfortunately I was unable to track down a now discontinued Stanley Gibbons Australia Volume II. I then considered other options.

Whilst I have a copy of the Steiner pages to 2011, I have never been happy with the layout except for the Classic period. They are a particular problem for countries like Japan and Australia who issue a lot of stamp strips and minisheets because they do not include spaces for the single stamps which, for used stamps, are the most common. In the case of Japan, I spent a long time editing the pages and eventually gave up. A future project ...

I then decided that perhaps I should learn to use AlbumEasy but when I went to download it, I found that some kind person had already prepared an Australia album through to late-2006 so I downloaded that. Having worked my way through those pages albeit with a huge number of gaps, I now need pages from 2006 to-date.

IMG_20210320_0004.jpg

My choices are again Steiner but I would have to stump up $50 for an updated version (which I wouldn't mind if they met my needs) or to learn AlbumEasy or use eg MS Word or Publisher but either way it's a huge task. Before I do that I wonder if there are any downloads available?

Thanks in advance.

Mainly collecting GB, working back from QEII. Often side-tracked into Japan, GB-era Hong Kong definitives, Ceylon and Australia pre-decimal.

stampingpaws

Re: Post-2006 Australia Album to Download?

Post by stampingpaws »

Hello,

Try my website https://www.stampingpaws.com.au

This has many stamp albums including Australia.

Best wishes Robert

Goodwin

Re: Is there a Post-2006 Australia Stamp Album to Download?

Post by Goodwin »

Hi Robert,

That looks like a good candidate, many thanks.

Could you please translate this from your website please (probably a character set issue):
"Some recent stamps are available in very similar �lick and stick� and �peel and stick�."

I was going to ask if you have spaces for the many modern sets which have perforation varieties eg gummed 14 and die-cut 11 (or whatever) so the above might be the answer?

Cheers, Steve

Mainly collecting GB, working back from QEII. Often side-tracked into Japan, GB-era Hong Kong definitives, Ceylon and Australia pre-decimal.

Goodwin

Post by Goodwin »

Thanks to Google I've established that � just signifies a double space.

I'd still be interested to know how you handle perf varieties eg the AlbumEasy pages I downloaded have spaces for three perf varieties of the 2000 Gardens issue (14.75 x 14, Booklet Serpentine Die Cut 11.5 x 11.25 & Coil Serpentine Die Cut 11.75).

Many thanks.

bazza4338
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by bazza4338 »

Some information here - Page 25 onwards

A Visual Catalogue: ALL Australian postage stamps, 1913-2021

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8394&start=1200

Screenshot 2021-03-22 154101.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-22 154136.jpg

Goodwin

Post by Goodwin »

bazza4338 wrote:
22 Mar 2021 15:47

Hi Bazza4338,

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is how are the multiple perfs handled in the stampingpaws album. Are there spaces for them all?

Separately, I am grateful for the work you do on the Visual Catalogue which I use extensively - the SG Australia Catalogue doesn't have enough pictures! I do intend to post a specific question about perfs when I have time to do some images as eg the AlbumEasy download I am using uses terms like syncopated perfs and serpentine perfs and I have no idea what they are!

Cheers, Steve

stampingpaws

Post by stampingpaws »

Hello,
Sorry for the delay, the strange double space characters � have now been corrected and display as quotes.

As to multiple perforations; as these are simplified albums, different perforations and watermarks are not usually included. This may not suit everyone but it is the way I have designed the pages.

Best wishes and stay safe
Robert Fulton

Goodwin

Post by Goodwin »

Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for your reply. I fear that these are a bit too far from what I need. I do want the perf varieties and I also note the narrow left margin where I need to punch holes. I'll keep them in mind though.

Keep well,
Steve

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

Goodwin wrote:
22 Mar 2021 21:55
bazza4338 wrote:
22 Mar 2021 15:47

Hi Bazza4338,

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is how are the multiple perfs handled in the stampingpaws album. Are there spaces for them all?

Separately, I am grateful for the work you do on the Visual Catalogue which I use extensively - the SG Australia Catalogue doesn't have enough pictures! I do intend to post a specific question about perfs when I have time to do some images as eg the AlbumEasy download I am using uses terms like syncopated perfs and serpentine perfs and I have no idea what they are!

Cheers, Steve

Syncopated Perforations examples.... (A Definition of Syncopation: “A deviation from a regular expected rhythmic pattern)

syn3.jpg
Sync1.jpg
Sync2.jpg

Serpentine Perforations examples....

Ser1.jpg
Ser2.jpg

I think the below are a combination of Syncopated (due to the interruption) and Serpentine....

Serp1.jpg
serpentine.jpg

Goodwin

Post by Goodwin »

Hi bazza4338,

Thanks very much for all the advice. It's very much appreciated and has cleared up the difference between serpentine and syncopated.

One more question if I may. In the image below of SG1969, I was going to ask if the perfs have different names as the ones on the right are pointier.
sg1969.jpg

However, the AlbumEasy album I mention in my original post has places for die-cut booklet stamps with perfs 11½ x 11¼ and die-cut coils stamps at 11¾. Assuming I have not exceeded my ability to read a perforation guage then that is what these two stamps are (respectively left and right).

I wonder if there is any reason they are not both listed in the catalogue (SG or Visual here)?

Goodwin

Post by Goodwin »

. Deleted as duplicate.

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

Different perforations....

Screenshot 2021-03-23 072735.jpg

Here is the 11¾ stamp...SG1969 - the 11½ x 11 seems not to be listed by Stanley Gibbons.

11 3 4.jpg

Goodwin

Post by Goodwin »

bazza4338 wrote:
23 Mar 2021 07:35
Many thanks. Where's the above image from please? The information's very useful.

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”