Norma 2021 online for FREE (Finland catalogue)

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

kuikka
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Norma 2021 online for FREE (Finland catalogue)

Post by kuikka »

The publisher of Norma catalogue has decided (due to COVID-19) that this year (2021) they do not issue a paper catalogue but place it in the internet free of charge. You can find it here:

https://kapylanmerkki.fi/norma/

The Stamp catalogue is triligual (Finnish, English and Swedish). Numismatic section is monolingual (Finnish). Unfortunately, when you start to browse the catalogue there are 3 adds first. Just click three times blue button (twice Jatka [= Continue] and then Avaa luettelo [= Open the catalogue]) and you get to the catalogue. It is the standard version, not the specialized, but I think it is still useful for most collectors. I'm not sure if it continues to be available after the next year catalogue is published (assuming that comes as a paper catalogue).

Enjoy.

AMark

Re: Norma 2021 online for FREE (Finland catalogue)

Post by AMark »

Thanks for the link, Kimmo!

Did the publisher release a paper version of the Norma specialized catalogue?

If so, how much is it selling for?
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Cover Exchange Celebrating 10th Anniversary!
October 2021 Cover Exchange Participant List ..... OR .... October 2021 Postcard Exchange Participant List

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

Every year they make only one catalogue. Either standard or specialized. Last Specialized Norma is from 2018. It is available and sells for 34,90€. (Specialized LaPe came out this year and is sold out.)

norvic

Post by norvic »

I was surprised that neither in the Norma (nor in my 1994/5 Special) nor Lape do they list the Russian definitives used 1909-18 in Finland - but Facit does as R1-32. Whilst some of these can be difficult to prove others should be easy.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

Norvic,

Check again your 1994/95 Special. The Russian stamps are likely to be there at the back of the book. While I do not have that edition, I have 1988/89 Special and it includes them (without pictures).

It appears that the policy of both LaPe and Norma is that the Russian stamps used in Finland are included only in the Specialized editions. It is propably because Russian stamps were never compulsory in domestic mail and they were associated (rightly) with oppression that they have never seen as normal part of Finnish stamp history.

norvic

Post by norvic »

Thank you, you are correct - and both Norma and Lape cover more issues and stationery than does Facit. Lape has pictures as well.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

You are welcome. I'm glad I was able to help.

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”