Railway, Steamship, And Carrier Stamps Of Norway - free download, for now.

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Railway, Steamship, And Carrier Stamps Of Norway - free download, for now.

Post by norvic »

RAILWAY, STEAMSHIP, and CARRIER STAMPS OF NORWAY
by Frederick A. Brofos and Alexander Brofos

Scandinavian Collectors Club website contains "links to Adobe PDF files, separated into sections for faster downloading. The sections range from 1 to 4 MB in size."

I don't know on what basis or for how long this will be available - I would have expected it to be a member download, but it is currently visible to all.

It's an update on the 1964 book and its style is very much 1960s or even 1910s in that the text appears to be letterpress. Nonetheless it is downloadable and can be saved on tablet devices such as the iPad in the 'Books' app.

Some pages appear to be sheets from the writers album, but the illustrations are in colour, and include early sepia postcards of some stations etc.

Extract from Brofos' RAILWAY, STEAMSHIP, and CARRIER STAMPS OF NORWAY
Extract from Brofos' RAILWAY, STEAMSHIP, and CARRIER STAMPS OF NORWAY
If you have any interest in this area or any unidentified back-of-the-book stuff from Norway, then this will be a useful resource.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: Railway, Steamship, And Carrier Stamps Of Norway - free download, for now.

Post by 22028 »

Thanks for the notice..., i downloaded the files...
Collecting Interests: Tibet, Nepal-Classic Issues, Iran-First Issue (Lion stamps), Iraq-Railway stamps 1928-1942, Overland Mail Baghdad - Haifa, SCADTA, the provisional Registration stamps issue 1921, Colombia, the private carrier stamps.

RevRed+
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by RevRed+ »

Fascinating and completely unknown to me. Some great postcards displayed.

Thank you norvic - and Stampboards! :D
Red.

norvic

Post by norvic »

Yes, I've only browsed the first and a few pages of each section, but it looks really good. I have some of these ---- somewhere.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

Thanks. I also downloaded it.

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”