France 1937 Peace Postal Forgeries webpage

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

France 1937 Peace Postal Forgeries webpage

Post by norvic »

I knew only of the 50c Peace 'Bordeaux' Postal Forgery but this article lists others and Google Page Translate (a plug-in on Firefox and others, achieve by Right-click) produces a decent translation.

http://jef.estel.pagesperso-orange.fr/paix37.html

As we must have an image - these aren't forgeries, they are too early.

France 'Peace' 50c red.
France 'Peace' 50c red.
Pages are devoted to other forgeries, but also to (at random):

The last days of the 1871 agreement / Mystery square ..? / Recommendation of other objects

The American letter in 1870 / Seaway decime / Letters from Tahiti

Tahiti Red Cross / French post in Constantinople / Turkey: mixed franking

Iraq: the Overland mail / Tehran via Russia / Multiple ports

Fixed surcharges, steep fines / The Card and the Tax / Postcard stamping

The illustrated postcard / Fee for cards franked on the back / Taxation of military deductibles
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”