cosmos121 - spiv eBay seller back in business

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

pertinax
Author - 'Best Thread Of All Time' as voted by our members

cosmos121 - spiv eBay seller back in business

Post by pertinax »

cosmos121 has previously been removed from eBay for shonky practices, largely as a result of stampboards member actions.

These two items were recently purchased from him or her and are clearly faked:

They're going back....and BTW this is from the back of the envelope they came in (not to me, a friend):

Scott
vincit omnia pertinax virtus

traralgon3844
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: cosmos121 - spiv eBay seller back in business

Post by traralgon3844 »

Yes the Sydney Forger is still at it. cosmos121 was his buying identity for ages.

He recently sold this Guiana Specimen perf lot.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263104779129

Item: 263104779129

The One cent came from this lot.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

cosmos121 forged another lot of specimens as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263104751284

Item: 263104751284

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

pertinax wrote:cosmos121 has previously been removed from eBay for shonky practices, largely as a result of stampboards member actions.

These two items were recently purchased from him or her and are clearly faked:

They're going back....and BTW this is from the back of the envelope they came in (not to me, a friend):

Scott
Too right the ½d Specimen is forged. He has had that stamp for 5 years.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/263104772742

Item: 263104772742

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

When You pay £18 for a lot of Hong Kong Dues, what do you do to increase the value?

Poke holes in the stamps of course.

cosmos121 tried to sell this set recently.

ebay item: 263113510155

pertinax

Post by pertinax »

Thanks traralgon.

I knew someone would have/find a scan of at least one of them prior to being faked.

Scott
vincit omnia pertinax virtus

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

cosmos121 has this 1 shilling Western Australia imperf listed at the moment. Nothing mentioned about any tear.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 1854 1/- Shilling Brown used "as per scans" The scans are his usual low res.

Item: 263176495396

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263176495396

I thought it was ebay policy to list the faults repairs etc. He bought about a month ago and the seller clearly stated there was a tear. You can see it above the ING of SHILLING.

Item: 401372058103

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

cosmos121 has a 1 Pound Kangaroo finishing shortly. It is described thus.

Item: 263188227070

1918 £1 Grey 3rd watermark Roo Nicely Centred used

The only further he adds is: “PLEASE CHECK BOTH SCANS FOR CONDITION”

As usual he uses a very poor quality image and in this one you can't even make out the shading lines.

He bought it recently from a vendor who described the faults including a tear. Don't consider buying anything of his unless you want to be disappointed.

Item: 401372064428

blacklab
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by blacklab »

I've just had cosmos message me on Ebay, getting very personal about a few members here on Stamp boards because I refused his second chance offer for a block of 4 3d's

Of course after reading about his fraudulent practices here, I mentioned that which sent him into a tirade !

Poor bloke must be suffering.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Don't forget that he runs "private auctions" which are the hallmark of someone using shill bidders. So you were probably shilled.

Care to share some of the tirade?

blacklab

Post by blacklab »

Hi Traralgon,

Yes, he was running an auction with shill bids.

I stopped bidding and was then notified by him, offering me a second chance offer.

I messaged him and declined the second chance offer and that I had seen some of his
previous "handy work " on stamp boards, so I wasn't interested in his second chance offer.

His reply was quick, asking if I was a member of stamp boards, why was I buying on Ebay ?

Followed by him wanting me to pass on a personal message to you Traralgon !, which
obviously I will not repeat here.

Then having a go at Glen etc...

I mean really, like that is the same as his forging !

As soon as I put up my first post here, he immediately messaged me again through Ebay
of which I deleted.

Obviously he is annoyed that his practices are being bought to the fore and he is a little
bit angry about the fact.

Thanks to the efforts of Glen, yourself and others here, he is being exposed.

billw2
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by billw2 »

blacklab wrote:I've just had cosmos message me on Ebay, getting very personal about a few members

here on Stamp boards because I refused his second chance offer for a block of 4 3d's

Of course after reading about his fraudulent practices here, I mentioned that which sent him into a tirade !

Typical internet tough guy. Never ceases to amaze me what people will say on message boards, email, etc that they would NEVER say to your face.

He's upset that he has been found out, that's all.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

traralgon3844 wrote:cosmos121 has this 1 shilling Western Australia imperf listed at the moment. Nothing mentioned about any tear.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 1854 1/- Shilling Brown used "as per scans" The scans are his usual low res.

Item: 263176495396

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263176495396

I thought it was ebay policy to list the faults repairs etc. He bought about a month ago and the seller clearly stated there was a tear. You can see it above the ING of SHILLING.

Item: 401372058103

Even the ebay Bunnies only took this to $57 .. assuming it was not him Shilling it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

blacklab wrote:I've just had cosmos message me on Ebay, getting very personal about a few members here on Stamp boards because I refused his second chance offer for a block of 4 3d's

I am tipping that this was the block. He made a second chance offer on this one.

The OS perfins will be forged of course.

Item: 263190371661

blacklab

Post by blacklab »

Hi Traralgon,
Yes, that is the block.

I trust your view about his handy work on the puncture work he did, I certainly am not
experienced enough to comment on them.

Strangely, after our little verbal exchange on Ebay messages, Another message came from him wanting me to take up an offer on a 1/- block that he now had available. I was quite shocked that Ebay themselves allowed the message from him, perhaps it was the way he worded it maybe.

Obviously I just ignored the offer, perhaps he spins that much of a web, he didn't realise
he was actually sending the message to me, yep, stay away from him.........

rsellens
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by rsellens »

The Ebay bunnies have had a ball with this one from cosmos121 . Our friend has of course supplied his usual quality photo and then shill bid them up to $887.85.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1913-1-Brown-amp-Blue-First-wmk- ... 3255957904

To my inexperienced eye it appears to have been reperforated with an old pair of pinking shears found on the local tip and bleached to within the last inch of its life.

rsellens

Post by rsellens »

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cinderella-2-bob-idiot-of-a-RARE ... 3244564557

I found this magnificent cinderella on longjo5's Ebay site today. longojo5 is another of cosmos121's aliases.

The description is:

"Genuine********"

2 BOB IDIOT Cinderella of a RARE unofficial specimen stamp, unissued.
This stamp was found in an old estate collection which hasn't been touched for decades,
and is genuine in all aspects.

I could hardly refrain myself from bidding for it but then I thought "No, I will leave it for Glen to put in his last minute snipe and not push the price above the starting price of $100".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Yet another item this spiv does have have.

Remember this guy would have get employed by Maccas to flip burgers at $10 an hour, so he needs to stoop to this stuff. Report it all to ebay along with those below and another of his Fake IDs will be wiped.

APTA are not interested these days, as they have no leadership vision, but COLLECTORS of perfins might be FAR more motived to report this spiv right now, to protect the value of their perfin collections.

These 2 fakes below he has whipped in recent days to roughly mimic the genuine pieces that are discussed on stampboards. Typical fuzzy scans to disguise his crude perfin work. He has posted totally false backgrounds to them both of course, also breaching ebay rules. And the former is Fraud Squad stuff really.

ebay scammer cosmos121 was banned once by ebay and somehow talked his way back on - lets get him banned AGAIN - recent fakes are outlined here -

https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78319

Ebay have revamped the rules re forged and faked and replica and counterfeit stamps.

Sellers now MUST mark fakes indelibly on reverse, and load a photo of that marking into the lot description.

Alterations (that includes forged perfins, overprints and cancels) and repairs MUST be noted now if known to seller, and sellers offering conga lines of the same fakes clearly DO know!

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/currstamps.html#replica_stamps
Also on EVERY ebay lot there is a “Report Item” icon – whether the sale is ended or not.

Reporting that via the simple drop-down options as shown below is a 5 second operation -
Image[/url]

If ebay gets 5 or 10 reports on any given items they WILL generally take notice. They usually warn the user and remove the lot. Sellers getting several such removed lots are in trouble.

Let’s use ‘people power’ to stop this material getting offered.

Everyone “hoping” others act, will get nothing done - like most things in life! It takes teamwork and a Community Spirit, and the dodgy and misleading lots will be FAR less.

ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps at - https://tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow just 100 characters etc.

Please take a moment to do BOTH ….. do the “Report Item” drop-down, and give a summary on the link above.

Most likely they will go to 2 different ebay staffers, and that is double trouble for the fakers.

Some staffers ignore such stuff, others are more pro-active – it is a lottery.

However several reports on any single item can be seen by all staffers looking at it, and that generally gets some action.

Even if 4 staffers have ignored it, the 5th staffer might see 5 reports and decide to act etc. :mrgreen:

"People Power" - never under-estimate the value of it! 8)

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/currstamps.html#replica_stamps
cosmos121

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1913-Penny-Red-TRIAL-with-Double ... 3294604884

1913 Penny Red TRIAL with Double OS perforation Large & Small Mint.
This stamp originates from the H.F. McNess sales from the 1970's.

This were done as only trials NOT for postal use so therefore it is impossible for them to be genuinely used.

This stamp has been checked by leading perfin experts and they have unanimously agreed that the punctured 'OS' fits exactly with the parameters of certified genuine examples from the Australia Post archival sales therefore any USED copies are and can only be forgeries.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1913-1-2d-green-First-wmk-with-V ... 3235285515

longjo5 another of the Sydney Faker IDs -

1913 1/2d green First wmk with VARIETY, DOUBLE perf large OS used & SCARCE!!!
This stamp was found in an old estate collection which hasn't been touched for decades,
and is genuine in all aspects.

Report this crude junk when in there too please. Totally fake CTO cancels of course and High School grade OS overprints.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1931-2d-and-3d-Kingsford-Smith-O ... 3235300068

longjo5
Conga line of forged overprints and forged perfins sold to the Bunnies by longjo5 in recent week is below. They are so dumb those Bunny Buyers they NEVER learn -

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/longjo5/m.html?item=253235300068 ... 6732.m1684[/quote]

rsellens

Post by rsellens »

Glen, I have now reported him for the above 3 items. I also saw now that he also has a similar cinderella listing of you on the cosmos121 site so I have reported both of these listings for their gratuitous comments.

rsellens

Post by rsellens »

Global Administrator wrote:
ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps at - http://tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - http://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow just 100 characters etc.

Please take a moment to do BOTH ….. do the “Report Item” drop-down, and give a summary on the link above.
Done.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

I was onto his latest scam from the outset but let it run.

He has just 'sold' perhaps 1,000 lots of Australia Post satchels and boxes of labels he doesn't have. The total take from the scam was $86,615.50. (Ever wondered why your fees are so high? It is to fund these crooks.)

The negs are starting to flood in so this identity will be NARU in a month or so when the penny finally drops at eBay.

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”