CCCC - The Cover Collectors Circuit Club

Feel free to start a specific forum on *YOUR* club. List out where you meet - and WHEN. Outline how to join, how to contact the club, the name of your journal and post entire contents of each journal if you wish - with photos! All **FREE**. Societies are the backbone of the hobby and we are delighted to support them as much as we can.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Nuno_Silva
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

CCCC - The Cover Collectors Circuit Club

Post by Nuno_Silva »

The CCCC is the world's largest philatelic exchange organization with more than 25,000 active members in over 100 countries. Founded in 1947, shortly after World War II, its purpose was to assist stamp and cover collectors find contacts and promote international friendships. These goals continue into today.

Contacts are made through use of an official circuit form.

Each circuit passes from member to member. Everyone along the way is encouraged to create an interesting cover (i.e. the envelope in which a circuit is mailed) by using colorful stamps, obtaining special postmarks, etc.

Members also take the opportunity to make exchange offers to one another, as most are anxious to exchange various philatelic items. Updated newsletters with "CCCC adlets" are often attached to circuits as well, allowing members the opportunity to place their wants before the membership around the world.

I´m a member of this club and I have hundred´s of wonderfull covers from around the world.

It´s is an interesting club.

Anyone interested please email me and I will send an application in a nice cover from Portugal! :wink:

Nuno

jahayward
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by jahayward »

It is nice to see a fellow CCCC member!

Jeff - CCCC Newsletter Editor

Nuno_Silva

Post by Nuno_Silva »

jahayward wrote:It is nice to see a fellow CCCC member!

Jeff - CCCC Newsletter Editor
Nice to meet you!

:wink:

Gulfmann

Post by Gulfmann »

CCCC member from Taiwan,
see part of my worldwide CCCC covers,
http://gulfmanncollection.blogspot.com/search/label/CCCC

red-eric-1

Post by red-eric-1 »

Gulfmann

Interesting website! Actually you have a couple of covers that I sent you from Canada back when I was a CCCC member.

I'm too busy at present to be an active member, but will rejoin once my children are older. However, I would recommend the CCCC to anyone with a little time who enjoys getting nice covers in their mailbox on a regular basis.

Eric
Hit the ground running!

Gulfmann

Post by Gulfmann »

red-eric-1 wrote:Gulfmann

Interesting website! Actually you have a couple of covers that I sent you from Canada back when I was a CCCC member.

I'm too busy at present to be an active member, but will rejoin once my children are older. However, I would recommend the CCCC to anyone with a little time who enjoys getting nice covers in their mailbox on a regular basis.

Eric

Thanks Eric,
Hope to exchange CCCC covers soon.

George from Taipei

http://gulfmanncollection.blogspot.com

Massek
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by Massek »

Hello Nuno and other CCCC members,

please how often do you receive a cover from this circuit as a overseas CM (circuit members)?

Radek

Nuno_Silva

Re: CCCC - The Cover Collectors Circuit Club

Post by Nuno_Silva »

Sorry for the late reply!!!!! :oops:

The number of the covers received as a CM depends on how many form 10 you send to the OM.

I can tell you that some years ago, when I started, I received more than 20 covers each month! I was very active and all the form 10 I received in send them back to the OM asking form more covers. And I ask directelly for form 10 to the OM.

So it´s all to you. If you want tons of covers ask/send for form10 to all OM!? :D

At this moment I´m a OM. I´m sending an average of 20 circuits per month and at this moment I have 10 Form10 received from members. But I´m studing the possibility to issue more circuits per month. I want tons of covers....

Regards
Nuno

Nuno_Silva

Post by Nuno_Silva »

I invite everyone to see my blog with the covers I receive from CCCC members worldwide!

http://coversoftheworld.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope everyone like it.

Thanks

Tassie_Stamps
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

Very Nice Covers there Nuno :)

Diver Pete
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by Diver Pete »

I concur! :mrgreen:

Nice covers Nuno! :mrgreen:

Also congrats Tassie_Stamps as your next post will be 1,000 !!!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge........

Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

Thanks... This is post #1001 :mrgreen:

Gulfmann

Post by Gulfmann »

Congrats to your 1001th posts. :D
My personal collections,
http://gulfmanncollection.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://gulfmannatmcollection.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davis75
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by davis75 »

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired this cover with 'CCCC Cover club' and 'Please cancel lightly' handwritten on the cover itself.
The cover as such seems to have been mailed just before the Suez Canal crisis began in 1956.

Suez Crisis - 6 Oct 56.jpg

If anyone can throw some light on the cover and the written notes it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks
Davis
Last edited by BigSaint on 08 Jul 2021 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Place In Line used to remove wording attachments

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

The written notes are as you suggest. There's little else to add; it's for a collector so the instruction/request to the postal authority was to cancel the stamps lightly.

Other than that it's a bog-standard cover from Alexandria to Illinois.

One of the problems with the CCCC is that a majority of the members what 'colourful' covers, so they would be delighted by the use of modern discount postage which necessitates the use of 3-7 stamps just to get to the basic airmail rate.

Even when I was a member 30+ years ago, I preferred a small number of stamps - preferably one - recent and whilst cancelling with a clearly dated postmark was preferred, I didn't want a special commemorative postmark.

That wasn't understood by most members, and of course you can't communicate with the person who (unknown to you) is before you on the chain. The organisers positively encouraged 'pretty covers'. I didn't stay long.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

davis75

Post by davis75 »

Thanks Norvic.
The cover as such comes from an interesting timeperiod (just a couple ofweeks before the suez crisis invasion began on 29 Oct 1956). It has a censor mark as well and postmarked at Alexandria D2 or DZ on 6 Oct 1956?

Return to “CLUBS - This is YOUR Club space to use however you wish - please add your details!”