Fisher's Ghost Stamp Fair, Campbelltown NSW, 3rd Nov

Feel free to start a specific forum on *YOUR* club. List out where you meet - and WHEN. Outline how to join, how to contact the club, the name of your journal and post entire contents of each journal if you wish - with photos! All **FREE**. Societies are the backbone of the hobby and we are delighted to support them as much as we can.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

stampmogul
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Fisher's Ghost Stamp Fair, Campbelltown NSW, 3rd Nov

Post by stampmogul »

The 16th Annual Fisher's Ghost Stamp Fair is on 3rd November, 2019 commencing at 9am.
Venue is Campbelltown Council’s Civic Centre, Queen Street, Campbelltown (90 metres from Campbelltown Railway Station)

The 1st auction will start at 11.00 am, with the 2nd auction with lots of additional items at 1.30 pm.

Many items will start with the lowest reserve of $5. The attendees will determine the selling price. We are expecting at least 300 items in the 1st auction and around 200 - 250 for the 2nd auction.

Dealer tables & Club circuit books will be in attendance.

Entry is FREE

and light refreshments plus tea, coffee and drinks will be available on site. For those who want more there are Chicken and Hamburger/Take Away shops within 50 metres of the Centre. In addition there is FREE parking for 300 cars within 120 metres of the hall’s entrance.

The centre is air conditioned and is a serene environment to stay and enjoy the company of like minded stamp collectors.
Last edited by Global Administrator on 07 Oct 2019 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

stampmogul

Re: Fisher's Ghost Stamp Fair, Campbelltown NSW, 3rd Nov, 20

Post by stampmogul »

Next Sunday morning is the 2019 stamp fair at Campbelltown.

This minisheet was overprinted several years ago & is currently being offered for sale on eBay by a private seller.
Overprinting was a great money spinner for stamp clubs at the time, however they made too much of the idea & buyers ceased to allocate their stamp allowance on such items.

This year the auction lots will range upwards from $5 minimum. Hundreds have already been received, with more being accepted up to 9.30am.
Club circuit books will offer individual stamps from 10¢ each.
One coin dealer has organised a table.
Well stocked stamp dealers will also cater to collectors.

This is the "once a year" big day for stamp & coin collectors in Campbelltown.

warm
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by warm »

Indeed YES

i am looking forward to going.

Hopefully some conviviality with other Stampboard members

Come along and enjoy yourself

Tony

stampmogul

Post by stampmogul »

The two auctions yesterday saw a lot of bidding.
I had 13 items for auction, with 8 finding a new home.

My biggest surprise was for a lot of three (3) used Chinese Stamps of Chairman Mao which I reserved at the minimum $5.
Two Chinese bidders went at it, & the lot sold for $180.00
I was happy, & so was the winning bidder.

The stamps I had acquired around six years ago in a chocolate box of loose stamps for about $10.

stampmogul

Re: Fisher's Ghost Stamp Fair, Campbelltown NSW, 3rd Nov, 2019.

Post by stampmogul »

We didn't expect to hold another stamp fair in 2020, however Campbelltown Council permitted Campbelltown Philatelic Society to hire the Civic Centre on Sunday 1st November, 2020.

With social distancing, wearing masks & almost no publicity there were faithful collectors who attended.

Ken Pullen of Bexley Stamps sent all his customers an email during the preceding week which attracted some who live outside the immediate area.

The club auction items were of a variety of nice items from a spread of countries, with a £2 kangaroo stamp finally selling for $120 (not a "specimen" copy), and a 2d "Smiling Boy" offered at $5 (but selling for $20).

The club committee are to be congratulated on holding the event because maximum numbers in the hall were limited to 60 people at any one time. Foodstuffs were restricted to individually wrapped packs - biscuits, cakes etc.

I don't think the dealers turned a profit because of the low numbers, but their diversity helped to make the outing for some of the more advanced collectors.

The Campbelltown Philatelic Society still is unable to access the Catholic Hall at Ruse for monthly meetings, but now gained permission to utilize the Senior Citizens Hall right next to the Civic Centre on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 7pm. So with careful planning the dreaded Covid 19 disruption can be avoided.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Fisher's Ghost Stamp Fair, Campbelltown NSW, 3rd Nov, 2019.

Post by Global Administrator »

stampmogul wrote:
04 Nov 2020 08:52

With ... almost no publicity ..... I don't think the dealers turned a profit because of the low numbers

These 2 things are very directly connected. :idea: :idea:

Not one advance mention on the country's largest Bulletin Board - (zero cost to the Committee) will have been part of the reason. :lol: :lol:

Margo and I have attended in the past as you know, and had not heard a word on this one.

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Return to “CLUBS - This is YOUR Club space to use however you wish - please add your details!”