Share your GB & Commonwealth REVENUE stamps here

We all have and handle these from time to time. "Back of book", Revenues, "Cinderellas", duty stamps and all kinds of other stamp like labels. Discuss them all HERE!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

danski99
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Re: Share your GB & Commonwealth REVENUES here

Post by danski99 »

Here is a very basic and perhaps obvious (but not to me) question:

Why are stamps that are fiscally used generally deemed to have much less value than those which are postally used? I assume it is not a case of supply, pure and simple?

Thanks,

Dan

Not Bruce
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by Not Bruce »

Now that's a question I ask myself most days...

I think it's really all down to "authenticity"

Around the turn of the century (1900 that is) collectors of revenues were considered the elite versus collectors of "common" postage stamps - revenues were much harder to get hold of as they were not meant to be in the public domain.

Now one thing I know collectors hate is empty spaces in their albums... if you collect revenues you will almost always have some empty spaces as they're not easy to find. Collect postage stamps and you can generally fill that page quite happily and the only real challenge is down to how much cash you're willing to part with.

There is a cross-over though... most high value "postage" stamps are not postal, they're revenues pure and simple (see the thread on the £5 Orange for instance) although most postal collectors will generally only accept mint as revenue cancels cannot be entertained.

There's been a huge increase in the collectors of revenues over the past few years - this has been down to (a) availability and (b) boredom with postage stamps (let's face it, different perfs and watermarks are not exciting)

So, in answer to your question, revenues are on the way up and postage stamps are on the way down... and I think you will see a big increase in the value of revenues in the coming years :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Looking for Revenues, Railways and Cinderellas? Weekly auctions on eBay with over 300 curious new lots every week...Website: http://www.ibredguy.com

danski99

Post by danski99 »

Not Bruce wrote:Now that's a question I ask myself most days...

I think it's really all down to "authenticity"

Around the turn of the century (1900 that is) collectors of revenues were considered the elite versus collectors of "common" postage stamps - revenues were much harder to get hold of as they were not meant to be in the public domain.

Now one thing I know collectors hate is empty spaces in their albums... if you collect revenues you will almost always have some empty spaces as they're not easy to find. Collect postage stamps and you can generally fill that page quite happily and the only real challenge is down to how much cash you're willing to part with.

There is a cross-over though... most high value "postage" stamps are not postal, they're revenues pure and simple (see the thread on the £5 Orange for instance) although most postal collectors will generally only accept mint as revenue cancels cannot be entertained.

There's been a huge increase in the collectors of revenues over the past few years - this has been down to (a) availability and (b) boredom with postage stamps (let's face it, different perfs and watermarks are not exciting)

So, in answer to your question, revenues are on the way up and postage stamps are on the way down... and I think you will see a big increase in the value of revenues in the coming years :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for this. Very interesting. I noticed, for example, this lot, which as fine used would be catalogued at a good few hundred, going for just £17 - I assume because the cancels are 'judicial' rather than 'postal'? Would that be the case?

Not Bruce

Post by Not Bruce »

This lot are a curious assembly - they don't have the "Kenya Judicial" overprints that revenue collectors want but they do have the court cancels that the postage stamp collectors don't want!

Therefore they don't really appeal to either camp :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Looking for Revenues, Railways and Cinderellas? Weekly auctions on eBay with over 300 curious new lots every week...Website: http://www.ibredguy.com

TheRoyalCounty
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

These Straits Settlements Revenues have been sitting on my desk for a while...

Year, Barefoot cat number and values please if possible.
I'm assuming they are from the 'same' set, if yes are there any missing values?

Down the 'corridor of uncertainty'

HalfpennyYellow
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by HalfpennyYellow »

The stamps are the following:

3c - Bft 36 - 1888 - cat. £1
10c - Bft 38 - 1888 - cat. 75p
50c - Bft 40 - 1888 - cat. £2
$1 - Bft 30 - 1882 - cat. £5
$2 - Bft 31 - 1882 - cat. £7.50

There were two sets of this type. The first one was issued in 1882, and had fifteen values between 3c and $25. The cents values were purple, and the dollar values blue.

In 1888 some of these were reprinted in two colours. The set consisted of nine values from 3c to $25, with the main colour being lilac for the cents and green for the dollars. The face values were each printed in a separate colour. In 1893 a $100 green and red was added to the set.
Collecting worldwide postage and revenue stamps - focusing on Malta, British Commonwealth and revenues in general

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Thanks HalfpennyYellow for your comprehensive response.

aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

huanga wrote:two FMS Elephants SG76 [$1] and SG 50. The $5 has been bank cancelled.

Quite some years ago, The Chartered Bank of India and Australia merged with The Standard Bank of South Africa to make today's Standard Chartered. The lobby of their HK head office has statues of the founders of the 2 banks.
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

danski99

Post by danski99 »

A couple of handsome looking revenue items I've picked up of late:

and

danski99

Post by danski99 »

A couple of handsome looking revenue items I've picked up of late:

and

robster
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by robster »

The block of 10 is a lovely addition.!! Good find.! :D

HalfpennyYellow

The strip is actually a telegraph stamp, not a revenue. In Barefoot's other catalogue Telegraph Stamps of the World, it could be no. 159 (1903, wmk crown CA) or no. 174 (1905, wmk multiple crown CA). Since they are whole stamps and not halves, it's probably the 1905 issue. Catalogue value would be £37.50 for a strip of five, although I don't know if market values are higher or lower for these items.

The CGH revenue £1 is from the 1903 issue. It is Bft 155 catalogued at £3.50, and market values are a bit higher at around £6.
Collecting worldwide postage and revenue stamps - focusing on Malta, British Commonwealth and revenues in general

danski99

Post by danski99 »

HalfpennyYellow wrote:The strip is actually a telegraph stamp, not a revenue. In Barefoot's other catalogue Telegraph Stamps of the World, it could be no. 159 (1903, wmk crown CA) or no. 174 (1905, wmk multiple crown CA). Since they are whole stamps and not halves, it's probably the 1905 issue. Catalogue value would be £37.50 for a strip of five, although I don't know if market values are higher or lower for these items.

The CGH revenue £1 is from the 1903 issue. It is Bft 155 catalogued at £3.50, and market values are a bit higher at around £6.
Thanks ever so much for this 1/2pYellow. I am not used to seeing stamps that have a market value above their cat value. I paid about £4 for each so I guess not over the odds, as condition seems respectable.

I've just been looking at Bruce's revenues shop online. Some fascinating items there.
Last edited by danski99 on 12 Jan 2014 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

danski99

Post by danski99 »

robster wrote:The block of 10 is a lovely addition.!! Good find.! :D
It's actually a block of 5 not 10, if you take a closer look!

HalfpennyYellow

danski99 wrote:Thanks ever so much for this 1/2pYellow. I am not used to seeing stamps that have a market value above their cat value. I paid about £4 for each so I guess not over the odds, as condition seems respectable.
Barefoot's catalogue values of revenue stamps can be very different from the market values. When collecting revenues, prices change according to supply and demand a lot as there are few collectors. There were Maltese revenues which used to sell for £20-£30 about two years ago and now they sell for about £5 (there were cases the other way around as well), and the price went down because the collectors who wanted them now have them. Similarly, if one or two new collectors begin to collect revenues from a particular area (particularly smaller countries, or obscure taxes etc), the prices can go up a lot as there simply wouldn't be enough supply.

There are some cases when prices remain relatively stable though. For example, the stamp in my avatar is the 1908 5/- on 10/- red, and it regularly sells for about £70-£80 in local auctions, and £90-£100 on ebay. It is a bit scarce, but not rare and you see it for sale from time to time. Prices have remained as those given above for many years, even before revenues became more popular.

I don't know a lot about telegraph stamps, as I don't collect them as such. I do have a few here and there that I accumulated from ebay purchases, mainly from India and a couple from Ceylon and Sudan. However there seems to be more demand for telegraph stamps, probably as they're now listed in Stanley Gibbons.

danski99

Post by danski99 »

Lads

Where does this item fit into the multivarious constellation of revenue stamps? Not come across one of these before. Presumably issued by the GB Patent Office, or whatever its Victorian equivalent was?

danski99

Post by danski99 »

I spotted this item on ebay yesterday; was going to snipe it, but then forgot. It ended up going for £13.50. Postally used it would surely have gone for multiples of that, would it not? Not every day you see a £5 stamp from that era, postally or fiscally used, is it? Seems in decent shape to, from front at least...

Robert1
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Robert1 »

I don't normally post in the Revenue threads, but on a recent trip to Malaysia I came back with these and thought I should share them; Straits Settlements & Malaya, values up to $5, used in Singapore, on part document/part piece -

img]https://www.stampboards.com/images/rman_trebor/Straits2_zps88ff7d5a.jpg[/img]

For the price, I thought they were a nice assortment.
Warm Regards, Rob, If you have time, please visit my blog: http://sparetimecollector.blogspot.com/
Collecting: Fine Used Australia 1913 - Current | Australian Territories | Hong Kong | Malaya/Malaysia | Straits Settlements

danski99

Post by danski99 »

Hi

This was sold as SG54 and SG59 (which catalogue at £3.75 and £8.50 respectively) But the 2.5d on 6d has five bars not six cancelling out the original value, so I assume it must be something else. Can anyone advise?

Dan

PS I've just spotted that the sixth bar is there, but running across the bottom perfs, so I guess that makes my question redundant, but I'll leave the post for posterity...

honza
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by honza »

Ahoj everyone!

Gibbons lists these three GB fiscals when used as postage stamps.

1 This is F6 of 1856 1d reddish-lilac on white paper

and this is the 1857 receipt for £2-5-0 rent on a house in Sth Wellington Street in the Gorbals district of Glasgow, from which it came.

2 This is F7, the same stamp, but on blued paper

This came from an 1860-1 receipt for rent of the same Glasgow house for £4-10-0.

3 This is F7 again 1861 with more lilac and less red

It, too, is from a Glasgow rent receipt for £5 from James May to James Newton

4 In 1860 F7 was overprinted with INLAND REVENUE down the sides in vivid red. Postally used it is quite valuable.

Sadly this is fiscally used on an 1861 Gorbals parish records certificate for Elizabeth Paterson, daughter of John Paterson & Agnes McDonald of Tradeston.

Does anyone have a GB Barefoot catalogue that prices these stamps fiscally used and on document?

Cheers,

Honza

HalfpennyYellow

honza wrote:Does anyone have a GB Barefoot catalogue that prices these stamps fiscally used and on document?
Barefoot doesn't price stamps on document, only as used singles. Barefoot does not distinguish between the different coloured papers on the Draft or Receipt stamps. It's listed as Barefoot 3 with a catalogue value of 10p. The overprint is listed as Inland Revenue no. 1 with a catalogue value of £3.50.

Most of the postal fiscals are very common fiscally used, except for some of the embossed types which are generally scarcer.

honza

Post by honza »

Thank you HalfpennyYellow for answering my question.

Cheers,

Honza

HalfpennyYellow

danski99 wrote:Lads

Where does this item fit into the multivarious constellation of revenue stamps? Not come across one of these before. Presumably issued by the GB Patent Office, or whatever its Victorian equivalent was?

This was issued in 1863. It is listed as Barefoot 8 and the cat. value is £3.50. According to the catalogue, these stamps were issued to pay fees for registration of documents by the Patent Office. More info on these can be found on IB Red Guy's website:
https://www.ibredguy.co.uk/main.php?g2_itemId=17311
danski99 wrote:I spotted this item on ebay yesterday; was going to snipe it, but then forgot. It ended up going for £13.50. Postally used it would surely have gone for multiples of that, would it not? Not every day you see a £5 stamp from that era, postally or fiscally used, is it? Seems in decent shape to, from front at least...

Since this was intended mainly for fiscal rather than postal use, it is also listed in Barefoot. The £5 was issued in 1902 and is listed as Barefoot 104, with a catalogue value of £20. In 1908, this set was reprinted with altered inscriptions REVENUE REVENUE on the sides. IB Red Guy also has a page on Natal:

https://www.ibredguy.co.uk/main.php?g2_itemId=39308

PeterD
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by PeterD »

Thought I might as well add some I have too, a few Govt of India and some Australian States, WA, SA & Victoria. I particularly like the 1d WA Swan, quite a nice layout. Any information regarding any of these would appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Peter D.

Always a lot more to learn...

HalfpennyYellow

PeterD, the stamps you showed are:

India
The rectangular lilac ones are revenue stamps issued in 1869. There are two versions of these:
Bft 1 - perf 15x15½ - cat. £0.35
Bft 2 - perf 14 - cat. £0.10

The other two are special adhesive stamps issued in 1868.
Bft 26 - 4a green - cat. £0.10
Bft 28 - 8a blue - cat. £0.10

Western Australia
The vertical format internal revenue stamp could be any of the following:
Bft 23A - 1881 - wmk CA over crown (narrow letters) - cat. £1.50
Bft 23B - 1896 - wmk CA over crown (wide letters) - cat. £1.50
Bft 40 - 1899 - wmk Crown WA - cat. £1

The horizontal format duty stamp could be:
Bft 1 - 1904 - wmk small Crown WA - perf 13½ to 15 - cat. £0.25
Bft 17 - 1906 - wmk small Crown WA - perf 11 - cat. £0.25
Bft 30 - 1909 - wmk large Crown WA - perf 11 - cat. £0.50
Bft 57 - 1917 - no wmk - perf 11 - cat. £1

South Australia
Bft 15 - 1906 - cat. £0.25

Victoria
The four large format stamps are stamp statute issues. All are from 1870-1882.

The 2s6d could be:
Bft 11A - wmk Crown V - perf 11 to 12 - cat. £10
Bft 11B - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ to 13 - cat. £7.50

The 2s could be:
Bft 2A - wmk single line "2" - perf 11½ to 12 - cat. £5
Bft 2B - wmk single line "2" - perf 12½ to 13 - cat. £5
Bft 10A - wmk Crown V - perf 11 to 12 - cat. £2.50
Bft 10B - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ to 13 - cat. £2.50

The 6d could be:
Bft 8A - wmk Crown V - perf 11 to 12 - cat. £2.50
Bft 8B - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ to 13 - cat. £2

The 1s could be:
Bft 1A - wmk single line "1" - perf 11½ to 12 - cat. £3.50
Bft 1B - wmk single line "1" - perf 12½ to 13 - cat. £3.50
Bft 9A - wmk Crown V - perf 11 to 12 - cat. £2.50
Bft 9B - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ to 13 - cat. £2.50

The other four smaller ones are stamp duty issues. The 2s6d could be:
Bft 51 - 1884 - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ - cat. £3.50
Bft 100 - 1909 - wmk Crown V - perf 11 - cat. £2

The 5s red could be:
Bft 11D - 1882 - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ - cat. £5
Bft 11F - 1907 - wmk Crown V - perf 11 - cat. £7.50

The 5s purple could be:
Bft 10A - 1879 - wmk Crown V - perf 13 - cat. £2
Bft 10B - 1879 - wmk Crown V - perf 12 - cat. £2.50
Bft 10E - 1879 - wmk Crown V - perf 12½ - cat. £5
Bft 104 - 1909 - wmk Crown V - perf 11 - cat. £1
Bft 120 - 1913 - wmk Crown CA - perf 11 - cat. £2.50

Hope this helps. :)

PeterD

Post by PeterD »

Hi Halfpenny Yellow

Thank you very much for your feedback, I can now check the watermarks and perfs and correctly identify these items. :D
Cheers,

Peter D.

Always a lot more to learn...

HalfpennyYellow

I had posted this earlier in page 1 of this thread. I'm curious, has anyone ever seen this stamp without the SPECIMEN overprint? The picture in Barefoot is one with the overprint as well. It would be especially interesting if it is used.
HalfpennyYellow wrote:
This set is apparently still in use in Jersey.

adam78

Post by adam78 »

An imprint (non-Specimen) pair is shown on the cover of the March 2014 Revenue Journal, along with a 5-page article by Jon Aitchison on the latest five printings of Jersey Revenues.

danski99

Post by danski99 »

Britcollector wrote:Here is a Natal revenue used QV passed away

I picked up these higher value items, which I guess are from the same issue...? Would appreciate any further information as to their usage/value etc from the revenue gurus... cheers. Dan

HalfpennyYellow

danski99 wrote:I picked up these higher value items, which I guess are from the same issue...? Would appreciate any further information as to their usage/value etc from the revenue gurus... cheers. Dan

They're all from the 1885 issue which had 15 values from 1d to £20. The ones you have are:

Bft 88 - 1s - cat. £1
Bft 90 - 5s - cat. £3.50
Bft 93 - £1 - cat. £3.50
Bft 95 - £1.10 - cat. £15

They're quite common as they were in use for many years from 1885 to the early 1900s (the next set was issued in 1902).

Regarding the use, all seem to have been used at the Registry of Deeds Office. I don't have any info regarding rates etc on these, perhaps an expert in South Africa might be able to help.

JamieCussans
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by JamieCussans »

Hi All,

Does anyone have any info on this Grenada no value overprinted 4d postally used?

Many thanks

Jamie

HalfpennyYellow

JamieCussans wrote:Hi All,

Does anyone have any info on this Grenada no value overprinted 4d postally used?

Many thanks

Jamie
The stamp itself is either Bft 5 (1875, wmk large star, cat. £10) or Bft 16 (1879, wmk small star sideways, cat. £5). It seems to be a postal cancel, I don't know if this was authorised or not.

By the way, it isn't a "no value overprinted 4d", but a regular 4d stamp. The stamp was never issued without a value.

kushti

Post by kushti »

The Orange Free State, from 1877 on, produced some very attractive revenues, some of which are shown on this thread.

But before that - from 1856 (12 years before their first postage stamps) they used these embossed specimens, which are proper ugly :lol:

Here we have 1x 3 shillings, and 3x 1 shilling, on document piece.

danski99

Post by danski99 »

Hi folks

Guessing one of you revenue gurus, or reverends armed with a copy of Barefoot, will have the answer to these two questions...

The terse Wikipedia entry for 'Antigua revenue stamps' reads as follows:

"The island of Antigua issued revenue stamps from 1870 to 1876. The island's short life as a revenue stamp-issuing country was mainly due to the use of postage stamps for most fiscal purposes from 1862 to 1870, and again from 1890 onwards. Therefore the only revenues issued are more commonly found mint than used. The first set was issued in 1870 and it consisted of eleven values from 1d to 10s, and four of these values were reprinted in 1876 with a different watermark. This makes a total of just fifteen revenues, with most sought after one being the 10s stamp of 1870."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_stamps_of_Antigua

My questions are as follows:
a) what were the eleven values issued in 1870? I am aware of 1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, 6d, 2s, 3s, 4s and the coveted 10s. What were the other two? (Am guessing 1s and 5s?)
b) what were the four denominations that formed the 1876 re-issue?
c) I know that the 1870 issue were watermarked Crown CC; what was the watermark on the four re-issues in 1876.

For those wanting a visual aid, this a stamp from the series in question (borrowed from IB Red's lovely site):

Thanks in advance,

Danski

honza

Post by honza »

danski99 wrote:Hi folks

a) what were the eleven values issued in 1870? I am aware of 1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, 6d, 2s, 3s, 4s and the coveted 10s. What were the other two? (Am guessing 1s and 5s?)
Spot on Danski! 1s & 5s correct

1d, 3d, 1s & 10s

c) I know that the 1870 issue were watermarked Crown CC; what was the watermark on the four re-issues in 1876.
wmk Crown CA
Cheers,

Honza

danski99

Post by danski99 »

honza wrote:
danski99 wrote:Hi folks

Spot on Danski! 1s & 5s correct

1d, 3d, 1s & 10s

wmk Crown CA
Cheers,

Honza
Hi Honza,

Many thanks. You da man. All my examples (3d, 4d, 6d, 3s and 4s) are CC. I wonder if, unusually, the CA watermark issues are rarer? Have you ever actually seen either of the 10s denominations? I assume they must command a fairly high price?

Cheers,
D

honza

Post by honza »

danski99 wrote:
Hi Honza,

Many thanks. You da man. All my examples (3d, 4d, 6d, 3s and 4s) are CC. I wonder if, unusually, the CA watermark issues are rarer?
In Barefoot the Crown CA stamps are priced more cheaply than the Crown CC stamps. All the stamps in both watermarks apart from the two 1d values have an asterisk next to the value, which indicates that mint are commoner than used, due to remaindering or being made available in quantity to the stamp trade.

Have you ever actually seen either of the 10s denominations? I assume they must command a fairly high price?
I haven't seen any Antigua revenues :( . , but I am not primarily a revenue collector. In Barefoot 2012 the mint 10s CC is priced £75 and the CA £25.

Cheers,

Honza

lesbootman
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

Post by lesbootman »

Sometimes catalogues get things wrong when it comes to differentiating. Not a surprise, there are a lot of stamps and limited time for the editorial staff.

I apologize for going off topic but when both types were listed by Gibbons (which they have not been since Part 1 stopped listing stamps issued after 1970), the Sierra Leone butterfly definitive perf 12 types were listed cheaper than the perf 14 types in used.

In all my years of collecting them, I never saw a perf 12 stamp with a denomination above 3 Leones in used condition (and the stamps went up to 100 Leones for the original issue and 300 Leones for the later (blue country name) additions.
Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind!

danski99

Post by danski99 »

honza wrote:
danski99 wrote: In Barefoot 2012 the mint 10s CC is priced £75 and the CA £25.
[/color]
Sound massively undervalued to me. I've not seen one of either in 18 months looking.

danski99

Post by danski99 »

This lot turned up at the back of an auction lot. Don't suppose there is anything particularly valuable here, but I thought the strip of three Mauritius stamps were especially pretty, slight toning regardless. Also like the calligraphic cancel on the 3c orange HK stamp duty.

Insightful comments from revenue-heads very welcome!

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

This fiscal used 1902 Grenada crown CA wmk 10s Gibbons SG66 was in a lot I recently acquired for the princely sum of €6.
Postally used examples cat at £250.

Does Barefoot C'wealth list these and a value?

Steven Zirinsky

Post by Steven Zirinsky »

Here are some of the Samoa Stamp Duty Stamps that I will be discussing this Thursday at the British Empire Study Group meeting at the Collectors Club in New York.

honza

Post by honza »

TheRoyalCounty wrote:
Does Barefoot C'wealth list these and a value?
Ahoj Royal County!

Barefoot 2012 only includes stamps specifically designed for fiscal use; it does not include dual-purpose postage & revenue issues.

Hope that helps and sorry for not seeing your post earlier.

Cheers,

Honza

Malaya
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by Malaya »

Mint and used versions of the Malaya Straits Settlements 1937 KGVI 2 cents orange doubly overprinted by the Japanese during World War II - with the regular postal DAI NIPPON 2602 MALAYA overprint and with the Kanji character meaning "tax" enclosed in a rectangular frame.

ImageImage

rsah6426

Post by rsah6426 »

Here's one from my collection. Although the stamp is faded, the Douglas Lapraik & Co. cancel looks nice.

Here's another one, may be it's postally used but the cancel looked like forged ?

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

I have a few postal-fiscals used for revenue purposes on their original documents. As one who loves their postage stamps on cover, revenues - whether straight revenues or postal-fiscals - look a bit forlorn away from their native documents.

Here is a Bundi (State of India) SG 75a used as a Receipt stamp on its original document. where it looks so much better:

Maybe not worth the £60 catalogue value for a postally used copy of SG 75a, but even so ...
de Selby lives, and will return

KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

All Photobucket “Ransom” images above have been replaced, and saved forever.
Here to learn
Here to enjoy

HalfpennyYellow

Time to give this thread a bump. Here is a complete used set of 1956-59 Kenya revenues:
The 25/- shown here was still unlisted in Barefoot and Revenue Reverend when I bought it, making it the 'discovery copy' (although I believe that others have surfaced since then). I was recently able to complete the set by finding the 20/-.

HalfpennyYellow

Replying to the following post made in another thread:
Taddeo Papi wrote:OK,I will post some pictures in the next days,by the way I see you collect Malta revenues,do you have pictures of the George V large keyplate (2/- and 5/-) fiscally used? better if on document...
I don't actively collect fiscally used dual-purpose postage and revenue stamps, but I do keep ones that I come across. Therefore, the only fiscally used KGV large keyplate I have is this Self-Government 5/-:
I had actually bought this mainly for the A.M.B. (Anglo-Maltese Bank) perfin, at a time when Malta perfins were still relatively cheap (now they're way more expensive).

Both the 2/- and 5/- (unoverprinted and Self-Govt, in both watermarks) are occasionally found with fiscal cancels, although they're not common. Some may be seen on Revenue Reverend's website: https://www.revrevd.com/malta.html

The only one I've seen fiscally used on document is the unoverprinted 2/- (don't know the wmk).

Taddeo Papi
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by Taddeo Papi »

This is probably the document you are talking about,Anglo Maltese Bank cancel on a sale of Italian Debt.

Return to “Cinderellas etc - all the stamps that are NOT regular postage stamp related”