Israel Joint Issue LIMITED 2013 Expo FDC SIGNED: $69

Please list anything spare you have for sale. It MUST have a scan/s and a FIXED price. You MUST have at least 20 posts and 20 days membership on this board to list an item for sale, or your listing **will** be removed.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Catweazle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Israel Joint Issue LIMITED 2013 Expo FDC SIGNED: $69

Post by Catweazle »

Yours for only AUD$79 which is 44 quid or less than $54 in USD currency. Payment can be made by PayPal.

This is your unique chance to own a special 2013 Melbourne exhibition FDC. Limited to 150 worldwide, but there must be less than about 10 of these, I’m guessing, because it is SIGNED by the stamp and cover designer, Simone Sakinofsky. I know, because I’m the one who got it signed on the day, as did a few savvy members here. So, ex–my estate! :lol: Perhaps not the most exciting looking autograph, but still.

Bet you there are more blocks of GB 1d Penny Blacks around than these things! They were sold out at the show. Even the Black Caviar show packs had a print run of only 2500 – read about them here: https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45910

Overprinted in gold for the show also, which distinguishes them from the regular FDCs. This one is numbered 140 of 150. Read more about the 2013 Melbourne Exhibition – and Stampboards’ presence at the show – in this thread here: https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42101

Featuring the two Australian stamps postmarked First Day of Issue on 10th May, the first day of the Melbourne World Stamp Expo, 2013.

From the Australia Post Bulletin, on the stamp issues:

The 60c base-rate stamp features the statue of an Australian Light Horseman in the Park of the Australian Soldier at Beersheva (Be’er Sheva) in Israel. The statue is the work of Australian sculptor Peter Corlett. The $2.60 stamp features contemporary images of Australian Light Horsemen. The battle scene, once considered to be a photograph of the actual Battle of Beersheba, is now accepted to be a re-enactment made the following year. The Battle of Beersheba took place on 31 October 1917 and was part of a wider British offensive known as the third Battle of Gaza during World War I. The final phase of this day-long battle was the famous mounted charge of the 4th Light Horse Brigade, widely considered to be the last great mounted charge in military history. Thirty-one Australian Light Horsemen were killed in the charge and 36 were wounded. The capture of Beersheba allowed British Empire forces to break the Ottoman line near Gaza and then advance into Palestine, a chain of events which eventually culminated in the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948.
Attachments
Israel Joint Issue FDC reverse
Israel Joint Issue FDC reverse
Simone Sakinofsky autograph
Simone Sakinofsky autograph
Le Cœur Vivant: Photographie Sauvage | Arctic Postal History (1939 - 1945)

Catweazle

Re: Israel Joint Issue LIMITED 2013 Expo FDC SIGNED: $79

Post by Catweazle »

Crazy COVID-19 price drop: AUD$69!
Le Cœur Vivant: Photographie Sauvage | Arctic Postal History (1939 - 1945)

Return to “SELL your surplus stamps at ZERO fee! Please *READ* the rules atop this forum.”