BUY your Stampboards GB 1d Black design COVID face masks: $A7!

Please list anything spare you have for sale. It MUST have a scan/s and a FIXED price. You MUST have at least 20 posts and 20 days membership on this board to list an item for sale, or your listing **will** be removed.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: BUY your Stampboards GB 1d Black design COVID face masks: $A7!

Post by Global Administrator »

Global Administrator wrote:
04 May 2021 08:28
britjag wrote:
02 May 2021 09:55

Mailed by Glen March 31 and took longer to get here than mail even at the height of the pandemic! Was getting worried. It’s usually 7-10 days from Australia pre-pandemic.

There was a reason for that.

The envelope came back TWICE back to my street mailbox. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

USPS in their gigantic wisdom, have declared that the ONLY thing that can be loaded to them letter mail MUST be letters. NO merchandise of any kind - like stampboards masks. Seems like they are being all X-Rayed here by AP.

BOTH times the reverse had a mail centre ''RTS'' sticker saying the article needed a green ''CN22'' sticker and hence was returned to sender.

Took them to my postmaster both times, and he assured me that CN22 customs labels can ONLY be used on parcels, i.e. above 500g, and i.e. $19 MINIMUM cost to USA. Not $4 for a 50 gram letter that I have been using.

So after wasting $50 of time on two $10 masks that cost me near that, I finally affixed a green CN22 sticker, dropped it into the nearest red street mailbox, and 3rd time lucky - it appears the Americans decided that now complied, and was now not hiding Nuclear Missiles or Battleships etc.

And Britjag presumably had it eventually arrive with a green CN22 sticker on back. What a time-wasting nonsense. :twisted:

NO other country has this wacky rule for inward mail - just the USA, and AP here are enforcing it strictly.

Image.Image.Image.
I take it back - one Britjag envelope was already a bit banged about, so added it to my current Junk box and used yet another $4 stamp on the 3rd time around sending to Britjag - any RTS markings this modern are seldom seen. :!:

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=95135

Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

britjag
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Post by britjag »

Of course!

$4 1974 Australia Tom Roberts painting postage stamp on cover
$4 1974 Australia Tom Roberts painting postage stamp on cover
My purchase didn’t exactly make a modest contribution to running Stampboards as intended and unintentionally cost you money, but I did very well with both the great face masks AND cover. :mrgreen:

Let’s just hope you don’t have any more U.S. orders! :?

Thanks again for following through, Glen.
I collect: USA, Canada, F1, soccer, flags, maps, cats, space and anything else WW that's cool. Want list:http://www.Wishlistr.com/Britjag

tooler
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by tooler »

Masks arrived today. 9 days from Castlecrag NSW to Atlanta, Ga. USA. I think that's outstanding. Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had problems with mailings from Australia, and I've had many. These are well made masks. Thanks Glen.
Attachments
mask back 001.jpg
mask front 001.jpg
I buy too much, can't sell enough - but the information here is priceless.

agondocz
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by agondocz »

Hi Glen and Margo,

I placed an order for two masks.

Best wishes,
AndrewG

Return to “SELL your surplus stamps at ZERO fee! Please *READ* the rules atop this forum.”