*** WARNING *** ..... re dealing with THESE ex-Members

Please list anything spare you have for sale. It MUST have a scan/s and a FIXED price. You MUST have at least 20 posts and 20 days membership on this board to list an item for sale, or your listing **will** be removed.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

*** WARNING *** ..... re dealing with THESE ex-Members

Post by Global Administrator »

**** WARNING **** ..... re dealing with these ex-Members

Sadly, as stampboards has grown like crazy to about 14,000 members, in 150+ countries, the odd 'problem child' will inevitably sneak under our guard.

This board charges no fees to anyone - buying or selling, and works on trust.

And in 99.999% of cases, that has proven a very fine system. We offer no warranties, and all members must make their own checks and enquiries as to whom they might consider dealing with.

This thread will list any 'problem' members, that are reported to the moderators, and who, upon checking, are found to have either sizeable unpaid accounts, or have not shipped goods paid for, in our view, or have proven difficult or unreasonable in their buying behavior etc.

This thread will record such ex-members from that date of the starting of this thread forward - for the information of other members.

Hopefully it will be one of the shortest threads on Stampboards!

However if you ARE experiencing some issues, please contact Admin or Moderators with details, so things can be checked. Do NOT post it here. admin[at]stampboards.com

=================

ozsupastore we are satisfied owes several $1,000s for goods mostly received by him, and not paid for. Despite numerous attempts to obtain monies, the 'excuses' certainly flew thick and fast, but the monies never materialised as fast.

This person runs sales stores/auctions etc on Oztion and TradeMe and ebay etc, and members there are similarly warned to exercise extreme caution re any dealings with that name.

Clearly the user name may be changed there in future, so it seems prudent to post here the person's real name -

Robert Campbell, Springfield NSW, 2250

Should the matter be resolved to our member's satisfaction, that real name will be removed.

SADLY, this same member apparently joined up recently using the member handle "Ziz" and pretended that member was a youngster, and it seems, took advantage of the good nature of several other members, who offered free giveaways to encourage young collectors.

Our new member checking protocols by Moderators have since been heightened even more, and as you might expect, neither "Ziz" nor ozsupastore are current members, or even have reading access to this board, until the matter is resolved. :idea:

(2010 UPDATE - I understand the legal process has worked well, and Court judgement has been made against Robert Campbell for the entire debt, plus all legal and collection costs, plus interest. The Court Sheriff has been issued with a Seizure Warrant, to seize goods to auction until the court ordered sum is reached.)

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Re: *** WARNING *** ..... re dealing with THESE ex-Members

Post by admin »

Tas Philatelist and Pmk Lady are no longer members, by a unanimous decision of the Moderator Group. :twisted:

Pmk Lady inputed a female member of course, and was VERY active in this selling forum. (And nowhere else as you can see.)

And generated numerous emails from several Moderators about continually breaching the clear rules of the 'For Sale' forum.

==================

"The Rules" say -

Using Multiple stampboards.com Accounts

In general Members are allowed just one stampboards.com account. In the past some members have used multiple handles to harass or mislead other members. Multiple accounts will be closed and members involved will be subject to the disciplinary process.

Remember every Moderator can click on ANY post and see the IP address and city/suburb it was posted from and from which service provider. And also IP log where all posts and IP's from that member were from, and whether they match any IP used by any other member, at any other time. It is that simple. The special add-on software we have here does it all - at a glance. Tell us you are in Adelaide, and post from Brisbane - and we can see that readily.

Attempting to deceive Administration or Moderators

Anyone who attempts to mislead Administration or Moderators, or acts in any way contrary to the best interests of this board and its members is not welcome here. Fake accounts ARE readily detected and are removed. Your location and email are readily checkable by any Moderator - for every post you make. If contacted by a Moderator please respond truthfully, and as in all walks of life, you will not incur a problem by doing so.

=======================

Moderator research showed PMK LADY is also TAS PHILATELIST who we have a long thread about on the Moderator Board.

Re also continually breaching the clear rules of this forum. :twisted:

One moderator mentioned there that member had FORTY lots listed up for sale at one time, and he had to waste a lot of time sorting them out.

We also noted he allegedly "sold" 13 lots to another member at one time with an "interesting history" on the board.

Tas Philatelist then did not post, but "Pmk Lady" joined up and posted actively.

How did I twig to this deception?

I offered to buy one lot for he/she had for sale recently .. oddly, a lot I sold to someone some years back .. no idea to whom.

I got this email from him (from a free email service) - not a word more -

=====================

Thanks Admin,

please send $25 cash to:

PO Box 2104
Lower Sandy Bay
Tas 7005

and I'll get the lot in the mail to you.

====================

So my radar went right up -- send CASH to someone with no NAME?!

Who signs their emails with no name? Smells to high heaven.

-----------------

Ask more and get this reply -

Sent: Saturday, 17 October 2009 10:05 PM
To: ozstamps[at]ozemail.com.au
Subject: RE: Tattersalls lot on Stampboards

Hi Glen

Please send to:

J. Ryan
PO Box 2104
Lower Sandy Bay
Tasmania 7005

Your lot is in the mail. Enjoy!

==================

So it seems "Pmk Lady" is now a MAN .. JAMES Ryan?

=================

Then I google 'Box 2104 Sandy Bay' and get a match to an article written in "The Courier" by -

*John Shepherd is the editor of "The Courier", the research journal of the Tasmanian Philatelic Society. Contact: johnxxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com, or P.O. Box 2104, Lower
Sandy Bay, Tasmania 7005, Australia.

Well, well, well.

johnxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com was our on file email address for Tas Philatelist.

Clearly in the view of the Moderator Group, the second account "Pmk Lady" was set up to deceive members and administrators, and was designed to impute the member was female for some reason. That account was asked by a moderator to specify a locale, and ignored that request.

Both accounts repeatedly and deliberately breached "The Rules" for this forum, and were warned many times to comply, and chose not to, and are thus both closed forever.

We offer a free service to both buyer and seller, but do insist on members being honest and up front about who they are - for obvious reasons.

A shame, as the person behind the account appears to have a wide knowledge of Tasmanian stamps.
REMEMBER ALWAYS - Posting to stampboards.com is a privilege, not a right.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Warning re Permanently Banned member "Divyanka" from India - who engaged in numerous alleged trades of stamps with members.

She asked them to send their material first, and then never reciprocated. This is quite simply - THEFT or STEALING.

Despite numerous requests from the members stiffed, she ignored them all, or kept making lame excuses to forward the goods, that she never kept.

Several members of Admin and Moderators contacted Divyanka Tripathi on behalf of these members, and were all fobbed off.

She was given a week's notice to sort all bad/slow trades out. She did not comply, and did not respond, and well after that week was up, has been named here, as she most clearly was advised she would be if the issues were not sorted.

stampboards is a friendly and trusting Community. In all Communities most interactions are based on trust and never have issues. However a tiny % of any Community will be bad apples. and lie or cheat others.

This Divyanka Tripathi person was one such bad apple it appears, and hopefully the global exposure here will be far more harmful, than the stamps she defrauded others out of. Karma.

Divyanka Tripathi

(Allegedly an 'actress' of some kind in India)

Also it appears known as -

Mrs. Priya Srivastava,
A-2, Punjab society,
20, Tagore Road,
Santacruz (West),
Mumbai - 400054,
India.

And her email:

mrspriya1986@gmail.com

Much more discussion here -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27099

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

The previous message here re an Asian member who owed several members money is removed, as he has now rectified all overdue payments. :idea:

Admin

wilber11
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by wilber11 »

hi to all. i am a new member and i must say, reading all these posts is trully unbeleivable, and amazing. So, i would like to say a big thankyou to SB for these heads-up on the thefts and deception of a very few who spoil for the many, pity.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Sadly we have among us another stamp thief it seems -

Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx
295, Jayanikxxxxxx,
Hoxxxxxx Road
Anxxxx
Colombo
10xxx
Sri Lanka

aka

Roxxxxx Brxxx
No.6xxx
Salleh Sulong, Kinabalu
Malaysia

Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx from Columbo Sri Lanka ordered an item here, claimed it did not arrive. Got full paypal refund of $A52 and later Aust. Post Office investigations showed the Registered letter was signed by him BEFORE he stated it had not arrived. :twisted:

Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx was contacted via email to sort this, and advised he'd be listed here if he did not resolve the matter.

romeshxxxxxx@gmail.com AND dilmxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com and roxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx seemed to belong to some rather curious websites to say the least. I found on a search

The stolen stamp is below - Ceylon 1968 50c Buddhist Congress UNISSUED stamp - if you see it offered please contact Admin -.

https://www.glenstephens.com/snoctober12.html
Ceylon 1968 50c Buddhist Congress UNISSUED stamp

gugusg
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by gugusg »

With the proofs, will paypal refund you ?? Because you have the proof he got it right ?? :cry:
My blog with my French General Colonie Collection : http://phila-colgen.blogspot.fr/

bazza4338
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!

Post by bazza4338 »

Some more links for Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx :-

eBay My World: dilxxxxxx

http://myworld.ebay.com/dilxxxxxx/

Skype™ dilxxxxxx

dilxxxxxx@gmail.com

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

Found a facebook page below for likely the same Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx person - attended University of Moratuwa it seems

(Now removed by Admin as debt was finally paid up)

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

Photo below of a person named Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx

(Now removed by Admin as debt was finally paid up)

aethelwulf
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by aethelwulf »

gugusg wrote:With the proofs, will paypal refund you ?? Because you have the proof he got it right ?? :cry:
Only if the registered tracking info. can be seen online on a PO website. If you show Paypal a letter from the PO confirming delivery, Paypal will say "so what, we can't see it online, so it doesn't count." :roll: :twisted:
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

Well, well, well.

My Sri Lankan friend above, Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx has discovered it appears, the power of stampboards and our huge google 'spider' indexing hits here. :lol: :lol:

Suddenly when he was applying for jobs etc, and they googled Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx of Columbo, this page came up as first match.

Ripping off someone for $50, and then applying for a job of trust and responsibility were not good matches it appears. :mrgreen:

He politely offered to send me back the $52 he had ripped off/stolen. Which he did. And then asked that his full name be removed from here, and the links to his Facebook and ebay account etc.

I thought a bit on this, and decided he really needed to actually incur a financial penalty. Not just pay back the money he'd been happy to defraud, once he was caught red handed.

So I 'fined' him 200%... i.e. I said to cover some penalty, and all the time he had wasted, he needed to pay another $104. This he did.

He is a kid recently completing university, and I really hope our version of justice has taught him a lesson in life.

i.e. if you have an unusual name like Dilxxxxxx Samarxxxxxxx - do NOT get yourself exposed and listed on stampboards as a thief - as google will grab it, and run with it to the world!

He was polite about it all, which helped - and had he gone all aggro, I probably would have left it all here.

$104 does not sound like much of a penalty for theft, but in Sri Lanka I can bet it hurts a lot more, as wages are lower.

Glen

Rog

Post by Rog »

Really pleased to see you nailed him Glen :lol:
My Stamp Blog : The Stamp Book

Boddah
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by Boddah »

Glad you have this thread as warning and heads up on the people who are ripoffs Glen.

Being new to the board and really don't think I would buy off of ebay even tho I was looking at roo's on ebay just now, haha I need more roo's :D

I know to many who got taken or robbed on ebay, and ebay just goes 'oh well' most the times.

Like you are saying 'knowledge is power' :D

mailcovers
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by mailcovers »

These people are parasites Glen...glad you are top of it ..

PS: My wife bought a Xmas present for me.. the Air mail Catalogue from you ...I had to laugh when she said she spoke to you on the phone ...she said can that guy talk ! I told her of course ! he's a stamp dealer ... :roll: :lol:

Aardogfsu
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Post by Aardogfsu »

Hi, I was just reading about how the guy, Dragon12 (Nov 4, 2010 above) was banned from the site because the guy in Brazil didn't receive his item...maybe there's more to the story than I know, but I'm a guy who for the past 6 years have shipped well over 100,000 envelopes all over the world, literally.

Unless you are dealing with high priced collections where it's is worth spending $50 to ship express in order to get updated usps tracking, Brazil is a country notorious for it's customs workers and postal carriers having sticky fingers where mail gets "lost" and "vanishes" into thin air...and any tracking that comes via the form of a customs form, never updates outside the sellers country.

Mexico, Indonesia, UAE, Israel, Egypt, India, Malaysia and many other countries in SE Asia and S. America in general are problematic.

I'm just hoping for the seller's sake that he's not out his account on this forum, his stamps and his cost to ship because the buyer in Brazil claimed non-receipt to the moderator.

Just wanted to share my own shipping experiences.

Kindly,

Aaron
Last edited by Global Administrator on 07 Mar 2014 23:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added 4 pars to this huge gob of text!

SteveArchibald
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by SteveArchibald »

Hi Everyone, it's nice to know that this forum keeps a list like this around and I see that there hasn't been much action in this thread for some years so an excellent thing. It shows that this naming and shaming tactic really does work.

Kind regards
Steve

predecimal

Post by predecimal »

Very interesting reading, you need a good memory to be a thief and a liar.

I find its easier to remember the truth than "er what did I tell that guy before??"

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

SteveArchibald wrote:Hi Everyone, it's nice to know that this forum keeps a list like this around and I see that there hasn't been much action in this thread for some years so an excellent thing. It shows that this naming and shaming tactic really does work.

Kind regards
Steve
Yes by and large seeing we have near 19,000 globalmembers, honesty is a strong trait here. :)

Sadly a few members stray off the straight and narrow -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=82113

Postage Dues - (John Garlick)
has not paid, despite reminders for the above lot, so this book needed to go back on the market.

Like ALL non payers we hear about, he has now been blocked from ever seeing this Forum, to save others being stuffed about.

He has had his membership terminated by various Victoria Stamp Clubs including RPSV in recent times I understand, for various unsavoury matters, and non payment of fees etc. And I am aware of a stamp auction he also did not pay, so we do not need time-wasters like that here, who do not pay their bills.

So he will not wasting any more member time. :idea:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

scelow

Post by scelow »

Being a new member here and perusing different topics its cool to see that you admins here are vigilant and put in the effort to right some wrongs.

Its too familiar these days to see places where its just buyer/seller beware, trade at your own risk.

Thank you for doing a great job

Scott

wbrown

Post by wbrown »

Only just fell back in love with stamp collecting and have found this site to be quite insightful, interesting and helpful.

This thread has opened my eyes to the tiny number of people who are not like the rest of us and how we sometimes need to be wary.

Thanks Glen we need to harness the power of the people to weed these cretins out.

Wayne. :)

Return to “SELL your surplus stamps at ZERO fee! Please *READ* the rules atop this forum.”