Be aware of possible MAIL DELAYS due to Covid PO Disruptions

Please list anything spare you have for sale. It MUST have a scan/s and a FIXED price. You MUST have at least 30 posts and 30 days membership on this board to list an item for sale, or your listing **will** be removed.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Be aware of possible MAIL DELAYS due to Covid PO Disruptions

Post by Global Administrator »

Be aware of possible MAIL DELAYS on sales or purchases, due to Covid-19 PO Disruptions -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=89367&start=50

As all are aware, every country has its own advisories and delays and cautions - in many cases things are pretty much normal, and in some cases weeks of extra transmission is expected. See thread above for more current details.

"Patience Is A Virtue". :)

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

ausdavo
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: Be aware of possible MAIL DELAYS due to Covid PO Disrupt

Post by ausdavo »

Bought here from a regular seller on May 04. Paid by Paypal May 05. Parcel posted May 06 in UK (with tracking).

Arrived today May 28 in Hervey Bay Queensland. Delighted with contents as described and postal service.

Vict0riann

Re: Be aware of possible MAIL DELAYS due to Covid PO Disruptions

Post by Vict0riann »

Hi, Glen, The US stamp album I bought from you arrived today, with a beautiful $20 stamp - squiggly lines on it in marker pen, but it looks pristine underneath! Mailed on December 14, arrived January 27 - not too bad. Thanks so much.

Regards, Ann
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.11.02 PM.jpeg
IMG_5437.JPG

DarrenK
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by DarrenK »

This is the slowest letter I have received so far. Many from Russia are taking around 3 months to arrive but this one from Spain took over 6 months.

It was posted on 7th September 2020 and appears to have arrived in Australia on the 21st December 2020. What happened after that is anyone's guess as the next transit mark is the 18th March 2021. It made my letter box today (24/3/2021).

Delayed Spainish letter.jpg

Maybe they randomly grab a selection from a huge pile each day and they are the lucky ones that get processed!
Always interested in trading German material especially post war period.

erich
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by erich »

A note on the current state of international mail to/from the US: All international mail enters or leaves the US via one of 5 "ISCs" (international sorting centers) -- as I recall, they are Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, and NYC.

All of them are occasionally troublesome, but if your parcel ends up in Chicago, it will likely vanish for something between a few weeks and a few months.

I had an auction lot from UPA recently take 9 weeks to arrive, including 7 in the Chicago ISC, and despite being Registered, no one could tell me exactly where it was or when I would get it.

They are supposedly very short-handed due to COVID-19. I have been on a "USPS Complaints" thread elsewhere, and this sort of thing is happening to lots of people, both with incoming and outgoing mail. The only good thing is you will (probably) eventually get your parcel.
Last edited by Global Administrator on 18 Jul 2021 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added pars and spacing and “air” – always a superb idea on Bulletin Boards! Use the "PREVIEW" button folks. It is there for a GOOD reason.

Return to “SELL your surplus stamps at ZERO fee! Please *READ* the rules atop this forum.”