Info sought on cover sent from HMS Goshawk Piarco Trinidad

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

MarkI
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Info sought on cover sent from HMS Goshawk Piarco Trinidad

Post by MarkI »

F3441C58-7F72-4F81-9A8B-ADA0243F3D94.jpeg
32DD00BC-16BC-4B82-B4CE-8A5E3AA2DDB0.jpeg

Hi I found this cover and wondering if you all know about this air base on Trinidad HMS Goshawk, the date looks like 1944 I can’t read the month ?
Last edited by Global Administrator on 16 Oct 2021 14:30, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: AGAIN the "AddSpace" button used before images, as all members should click for every image. And added images in line correctly AGAIN.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Info sought on cover sent from HMS Goshawk Piarco Trinidad

Post by Global Administrator »

Who on earth can tell date at that size??

You need a decent sized scan of cancel and folks might be able to assist.

This kind of size is needed - if you do not own a Canon Lide Scanner most of us use, they are sub $100 absolutely anywhere. Sub $50 in some cases. An ESSENTIAL, if this stuff is important for you to know, for some reason.

image0-006.jpg
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!
norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Info sought on cover sent from HMS Goshawk Piarco Trinidad

Post by norvic »

The postmark is a standard civilian PORT OF SPAIN /TRINIDAD postmark, JY 21 \ 44.

As for the base, there is a lot of information on the web, but somebody here might know something as well.

Google results.
Google results.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”