Any value to my thinned and defective Aust 1d Red KGV?

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Charutha
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Any value to my thinned and defective Aust 1d Red KGV?

Post by Charutha »

Hello,

Can someone comment about this stamp? I'm not sure whether it is worth anything or not 🤔

what I noticed in this stamp is side perforations of left side of the stamp and B mark which I have circled 🤔
Attachments
IMG_20211018_153300.jpg
IMG_20211021_205234.jpg
IMG-20211021-WA0017.jpg
ViccyVFU
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Any value to my thinned and defective Aust 1d Red KGV?

Post by ViccyVFU »

Stained (rust?), thin (holed?), missing perfs (silverfish?)

Watermark is right way up, so its just "a very poor example, of a very common stamp".

Personally, I'd shred it .... its "far too poor" even for a modelling box.
Greg Ioannou
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by Greg Ioannou »

1917 postmark? I'd make sure I knew what shade it is before I binned it.

And is that postmark Mandiga or Nerriga or Pilliga? I don't have any of the three in my collection, even as a fragment like that. (Looks likely to be Pilliga?)
Charutha

Post by Charutha »

So funny 😂😂👍anyway thanks for the comments😂😂any ideas about this one too? I'll really appreciate 🌝
Specially thanks for the lunatic moderator who changed the topic 😊👍I was only asking a question in a forum 😂
Attachments
IMG_20211018_135511.jpg
Greg Ioannou

Post by Greg Ioannou »

Our conversation topics are really specific because we have many thousands of topics on the site.

So now you've asked a question about an Indian stamp in a topic about Australian penny reds. It needs to go into a discussion of Indian stamps, or into a new topic. Definitely not here.
Charutha

Post by Charutha »

I might not ask about the Indian stamp here, if the moderator didn't change the topic. I just asked a question in a given forum and what have you done? Even if I created a new topic another moderator might change that topic as well? So what's the point?
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

The point is... ask a specific question in the title so that those with the knowledge of that particular stamp will see and respond. We don't know what you're thinking, half the time we don't know what new members are actually asking with vague questions.

If the question is too general then those that might have an answer for you, may not even bother to look beyond the title. And if you're going to call a moderator a lunatic, then that's not appreciated.

Members are hear to help, not read minds.

Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"
AMark

Post by AMark »

Moderator Comment
Charutha wrote: ↑26 Oct 2021 02:24 So funny 😂😂👍anyway thanks for the comments😂😂
Specially thanks for the lunatic moderator who changed the topic 😊👍I was only asking a question in a forum 😂
A new member making a bold statement that a Moderator is a lunatic will not win you much support. You should rethink your approach on how to ask for assistance on the board!

A Moderator changed the title of your thread because it was not very descriptive. I would strongly recommend reading the Rules for posting on the board. Found at this link:

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2556
Charutha wrote: ↑26 Oct 2021 02:50 I might not ask about the Indian stamp here, if the moderator didn't change the topic. I just asked a question in a given forum and what have you done? Even if I created a new topic another moderator might change that topic as well? So what's the point?
As said above, make a descriptive thread title and it will not be edited.

I am locking this for the time being!

AMark for the Mod Team.
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Cover Exchange Celebrating 10th Anniversary!
November 2021 Cover Exchange Participant List ..... OR .... November 2021 Postcard Exchange Participant List

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”