Translate short message postcard Tonga to Germany 1907?

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Translate short message postcard Tonga to Germany 1907?

Post by Global Administrator »

TONGA_-_Postal_History_1907-38_2590506.jpg

Can anyone translate the short message in German on this 1907, 1d postcard to Klosterstern, Hamburg, with view of ''Pine-Apple Plantation'' Tonga to Germany.

I am guessing it is a tourist type - "having a nice holiday'' type message?? :mrgreen:

Be a pretty rare beast I think, whatever it says! I put it into stock at $A70 (Stock 683JA)

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

MaJu
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Re: Translate short message postcard Tonga to Germany 1907?

Post by MaJu »

It is mainly:

Beste Grüße vom anderen Ende der Welt

Best greetings from the other end of the world

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Translate short message postcard Tonga to Germany 1907?

Post by Global Administrator »

.!
Many thanks .. yes the other end of the world from Germany for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”