1986 Australia Day - ''An Aboriginal Perspective'' colour error?

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

sanssouccialice
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!

1986 Australia Day - ''An Aboriginal Perspective'' colour error?

Post by sanssouccialice »

I have two mint stamps of this issue that are pink instead of red.

Can anybody tell me if this is a misprint, please.

Regards Margaret
Last edited by Global Administrator on 30 Aug 2021 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expanded rather vague heading, to make sense to members, and turned into a question of some kind, and moved to correct forum

satsuma
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Re: stamp Australia Day An Aboriginal Perspective 1986

Post by satsuma »

Hi Margaret
We really need to see the stamps to comment adequately.
Check this thread out:

How to post images
https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5308

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Hi!

No members have crystal balls or clairvoyancy skills, so we need to see a PHOTO in post #1 of ALL new threads here. NO exceptions to that. :D

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2556 – Refer Rule #11.

We have near 25,000 members here, from 180+ different countries, who have made well over 7 MILLION posts or messages, over 14 years. We are the World’s #1 Stamp Discussion Board, largely BECAUSE we have so many photos here. :D

Stamps are a TOTALLY visual hobby, and we are a highly visual board, and have about a MILLION stamp images self-hosted on this site already. We need YOU to add to them. “One photo speaks 1,000 words” etc!

ALL well asked questions will get an answer, as members are delighted to assist others. But, in order for them to assist, you need to do your bit to assist them, and add an IMAGE of some kind relating to your question. It is of course just bog basic common sense. :idea:

Using the “PREVIEW” Button is a superb idea for new members, so that you can “see” the post before you press “SUBMIT” - and edit it, if needs be. Google ‘’Spiders’’ index all images here, so THIS thread then gets more visitors - for years to come.

LUCKILY, adding superb photos to posts here is an absolute cinch, and we have 1,000,000 of them stored here already - by far the world's largest stamp image library YOU can add to - here is a simple step by step tutorial on exactly how to do that - you can now upload directly from your phone, laptop or tablet - NOTHING could be simpler -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90770

All members have one hour to edit any post, in any forum, so please take a read, and add something in to your post #1 here, as that hour time clock is still open to you. :mrgreen:

Thanks – Admin
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

MJ's pet
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by MJ's pet »

Hi Margaret, we need to see a picture.
But if I had to guess the colour has changed through fading, so not a misprint. Regards

aust day.jpg
Australia Day 1986, normal

gavin-h
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Re: 1986 Australia Day - ''An Aboriginal Perspective'' colour error?

Post by gavin-h »

Agreed! Red to pink is one of the most common symptoms of over exposure to sunlight.

But an image of the stamp in question is vital if we’re to know for sure what’s going on here. :idea: :idea:

briggia
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: 1986 Australia Day - ''An Aboriginal Perspective'' colour error?

Post by briggia »

Has anyone seen this 1986 Australia Day stamp used on commercial cover?

(If so I’m after some :lol: )

Cheers

briggia
Whilst growing my usage collection, I also collect other stuff.

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”