penny kangaroo

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

lithops98
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!

penny kangaroo

Post by lithops98 »

I collect Federation Australia but especially penny kangaroos. I would like to exchange information with a serious Australian collector of this stamp. I don't have any articles. I do have the Adams, Bell and Pope book and Dormer Legge's monograph. I am as ignorant as a major collector of this issue can reasonably be, perhaps even more ignorant than that because I might have the largest collection and know very little.

I recently acquired an accumulation of penny reds, thousands of which are purportedly new to philately. One thing I hope to do with them is some work on "die states", by which I mean flaws which are common to entire plates. Have Australians written articles on this subject? I would like to know about them.

Also if anyone has a particular flaw they would like me to look for as I go through my new penny reds I will. One lot was picked over (and described so by the auctioneer) but has yielded seven BW varieties so far (including an HR58 which I would have thought hard to miss), as well as three inverted watermarks and dozens of Adams/Bell/Pope varieties. In three or four days I ought to be through the loose stuff and ready to open bundles, of which a couple of dozen look old. And then the unpicked stuff...

I'm completely ignorant about cancels but if there are some I should look for I will. I don't know about perfins either.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: penny kangaroo

Post by Global Administrator »

Clearly you have not read a single rule here - :roll: :roll: :roll:

Try #10 and #11 for starters, re lazy meaningless lower case 2 word headings, and no images -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2556

Thread locked, so you can introduce yourself in Roll Call as required, and then follow the other SIMPLE rules. :idea:

Admin
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”