Contributions to the "Australia Post Archival Sales Catalogues" wiki

The members ask - the members get. There was a member demand for a STAMP WIKI on this board. Well here we go. All of you so minded can add to your heart's content. The Moderators here can consolidate info into a new post and keep things tidy. They can add 'Stickies' or 'announcements' to be at the top of the Forum.

Moderators: gmoney, GUTTERS, johnrcrow, kuikka, Kainnikanada, KevinHedley, tonga2, mobbor, Allanswood, PhilipAdams, bazza4338, Volunteer Moderator Team

Kainnikanada
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Contributions to the "Australia Post Archival Sales Catalogues" wiki

Post by Kainnikanada »

Comments

1. Photographs in the catalogues were black and white and only basically representative of a few lots and selected samplings from several lots. In the 30+ years since the sale some of the material has appeared auction. If a Stampboarder has scans of any material please post here and I will transfer to the wiki. Please provide the proper attribution/source (auction firm, lot number, date etc.). Price realized is not required.

Leski is offereing a couple of Tasmania blocks in their upcoming auction this month.

2. To enhance the legibility of the printed text I've had to separate the pertinent pages into 3 parts: the two columns of text and the appended photos of selected lots. The size of text accompanying the photos is too small for legibility as well so I've had to edit the photos by adding larger text. Post 3 of XXXX shows a sample of an actual page prior to separation.

3. Any page with overlapping sections was intentionally edited to create 2 separate pages to enable individual posts (i.e. not as per original publisher's decision). I've used my editorial discretion.
Time to quit. Was told what I should collect.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Contributions to the "Australia Post Archival Sales Catalogues" wiki

Post by Global Administrator »

Rod,

This thread is totally and completely meaningless to 99.999999999% of members.

The excellent thread you overlooked to link to is, so as folks have some idea what you are talking about -

https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=91667

That is where any contributions need be made after you load up the basic PO tender catalogues

I'll lock this to save confusing even more members. :)

Admin
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Kainnikanada

Re: Contributions to the "Australia Post Archival Sales Catalogues" wiki

Post by Kainnikanada »

Glen,

My intentions were to continually add valid, quality scans to the end of the wiki. But only if they first met high standards. Allowing anyone to contribute could interfere with my construction of that wiki.

Comments about the catalogues belong in a separate thread not in the wiki that displays the actual Australia Post catalogues.

Thanks.
Time to quit. Was told what I should collect.

Return to “STAMP WIKI. Please add to this TODAY!”