Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Discussion of anything you like. Sport, stamps, politics, religion, weather, world disasters, news articles - whatever. Things generally NOT stamp related belong in here. Please keep it CIVIL and polite though! We encourage lively discussion on all things.

Moderators: gmoney, Volunteer Moderator Team

maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

stallzer wrote:
02 Aug 2020 02:31
Now our head moron in charge is about to ban the app Tik-Tok which I believe is mostly used by 14 year old girls. He considers it a threat to national security because its owned by a Chinese company. over 150,000 have died because he ignored covid 19 and today he is golfing instead of working to issues a stimulus package.

The tik-tok app has received more attention from Trump than the Russians putting bounties on our soldiers in the middle East. Amazing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/trump-says-he-will-ban-tikto ... urday.html
Fake news.

RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by 22028 »

maszki wrote:
02 Aug 2020 04:28
stallzer wrote:
Now our head moron in charge is about to ban the app Tik-Tok which I believe is mostly used by 14 year old girls. He considers it a threat to national security because its owned by a Chinese company. over 150,000 have died because he ignored covid 19 and today he is golfing instead of working to issues a stimulus package.

The tik-tok app has received more attention from Trump than the Russians putting bounties on our soldiers in the middle East. Amazing.

Fake news.
What is fake news?

The 150000 Corona deads
The TikTok story
That he is apparently golfing today?
Or the Russian story?

Please be precise!!!
Collecting Interests: Tibet, Nepal-Classic Issues, Iran-First Issue (Lion stamps), Iraq-Railway stamps 1928-1942, Overland Mail Baghdad - Haifa, SCADTA, the provisional Registration stamps issue 1921, Colombia, the private carrier stamps.

maszki

Post by maszki »

22028 wrote:
02 Aug 2020 04:47
maszki wrote:
02 Aug 2020 04:28
stallzer wrote:

Fake news.
What is fake news?

The 150000 Corona deads

A significant number of those 150,000 corona deaths could have been avoided if hydroxychloroquine was used correctly and timely

The TikTok story

Dont use it...don't have a clue what it is about

That he is apparently golfing today?

How is the weather in Florida?

Or the Russian story?

I am sure that Russia...or organizations/individuals in Russia.... have some form of relationship with the Taliban but as this US general says...the evidence is just not there. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-general-doubts-russian-b ... d=71653874. Typical US anti-russian politispeak...cover your arse by blaming Russia...Russiagate 2.01

Please be precise!!!

Precise???? Nothing in the modern world is precise...it is all vague, politically motivated innuendo by anonymous sources

stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by stallzer »

Now you’re just being a troll.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

bazza4338
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!

Post by bazza4338 »

Australian intelligence agencies investigate Chinese-owned TikTok over security concerns

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-02/tiktok-under-investig ... s/12513466

TikTok is facing intensifying scrutiny in Canberra, with intelligence agencies putting the app under the microscope and some MPs pressing the Federal Government to ban it.

Key points:

The Federal Government is conducting two complementary investigations into the app
TikTok Australia insists users don't have to worry about their data being compromised
TikTok and other social media giants asked to front inquiry into foreign interference

US President Donald Trump has also indicated he's on the brink of banning the video sharing app in the United States, which will likely to bolster calls for Australia to follow suit.

The video-sharing app is enormously popular with young people in their teens and 20s, with more than 1.5 million Australians downloading it to their phones.

But analysts say TikTok harvests huge amounts of data, and warn that the Chinese company which owns it — ByteDance — may be forced to share that information with the Chinese Government.

Last month, Prime Minister Scott Morrison declared the Federal Government was looking "very closely" at TikTok.

Home Affairs is also scrutinising the hugely popular Chinese social media app WeChat, which is used by more than 2 million Australians.

TikTok Australia stores user data in the US and Singapore, and the company insists TikTok users do not have to worry about their personal information being compromised.

In a statement, it said: "TikTok does not share information of our users in Australia with any foreign government, including the Chinese Government, and would not do so if asked."

But some Federal MPs say they are sceptical of that claim, pointing out that Chinese law specifically requires companies to hand over information to the authorities if it is requested.

It's not just TikTok facing scrutiny: representatives from Google, Facebook, Twitter and WeChat have also been called to give evidence at the committee.

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

First off, I don’t trust the Chinese government’s or TikTok’s assurances as far as I can throw a heavy stone.

But... what useful information can the Chinese glean from the dating behavior of Aussie and American teens?

Maybe luring them into complacency when they are older and actually know something useful?

BC

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

I’ve actually seen what my 14 year old daughter and her friends do on tik-tok and all I can say to the Chinese is have at it, no national secrets there.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

maszki

Post by maszki »

Brit-Col wrote:
02 Aug 2020 08:11
First off, I don’t trust the Chinese government’s or TikTok’s assurances as far as I can throw a heavy stone.

But... what useful information can the Chinese glean from the dating behavior of Aussie and American teens?

Maybe luring them into complacency when they are older and actually know something useful?

BC
As I said earlier, I don't use Tic toc and know nothing about it- but as an internet site it probably has the same question mark over it as Facebook, Google, etc

It is the information that can be gleaned from individual posts; the possibility/probability that the information will be on-sold or provided to third parties; and the tailoring of advertisements based upon information provided by the poster.....and the risk of hacking/phishing

You ask what information?

If the server is hacked, or if the Chinese government does have a backdoor into the site, then the entire contents of your smart phone and/or computer storage medium may be at risk.

Several months ago I received two blackmail attempts by email. My computer details were hacked through a third site connected to my local server giving the hackers access (including passwords) to my emails; access into my computer hard-drive, to the inbuilt camera and so the hacker was able to record details in my lounge room through the camera (the blackmail attempt was reported to the Victorian police Cyber crimes unit).

So from my experience nobody should shrug their shoulders and believe that they are not posting anything of importance, or 'I'm safe it will not happen to me'.....

The bottom line for every social media site is 'information' because as our good Administrator frequently says, Information is power.

locakart
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by locakart »

So on the basis of attempts by 'private' criminals, who have nothing whatsoever to do with Tiktok, to hack your system, you want Tiktok to be banned.

And the lead in to your argument consists of paragraphs containing the key words:

Probably

Possibility

and of course "If".

But of course you want Tiktok to be banned - your leader and hero Trump has spoken. No further proof required.
You may not be interested in strategy, but strategy is interested in you

maszki

Post by maszki »

locakart wrote:
02 Aug 2020 23:13
So on the basis of attempts by 'private' criminals, who have nothing whatsoever to do with Tiktok, to hack your system, you want Tiktok to be banned.

And the lead in to your argument consists of paragraphs containing the key words:

Probably

Possibility

and of course "If".

But of course you want Tiktok to be banned - your leader and hero Trump has spoken. No further proof required.
I haven't discussed this with Trump; nor has he spoken to me...actually I don't think he even knows I exist....so your response is as convoluted as your logic and comprehension.

The sole....as in singular....reason behind my post is to highlight my opinion that based upon my experience nobody using the internet should shrug their shoulders and believe that they are not posting anything of importance, or 'I'm safe it will not happen to me'.....

....and I'm an Australian...Trump is not my leader and I have a very short list of 'heroes' and I can assure you that neither Trump nor yourself figure in the list.

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

maszki wrote:
02 Aug 2020 20:19
I don't use Tic toc and know nothing about it- but as an internet site it probably has the same question mark over it as Facebook, Google, etc
That I agree with. I had a Hotmail account get hacked some years ago and I do not use Facebook, Twitter, etc.

My only question is whether hacking 14-year olds’ phones is worth the effort.

Now, to try and stay on topic, if someone would ban DT’s Twitter account that would be a useful undertaking.

BC

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

Trump has had a thing for Tik-Tok since his failed Tulsa rally. Many stated the users of this app requested millions of tickets to simply not use them. Trump ran with that story and blames the low turnout on the users of the app.

The event was a first come first serve for entrance with tickets available at the door so the claim of tik tok stealing the show is hard to believe.

Since Trump is as thin skinned as they come he hates the app because of the millions of videos poking fun at him. Trump doesn’t do things for national security purposes, Trump does things in reaction to what upsets him. Almost everything he does is in retaliation for something.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Person, woman, man, camera, TV......THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8oaaP68i4s

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

In his initial comments about the Beirut disaster DT referred to it as an “attack.”

MSNBC and CNN hosts and commentators immediately went nuts, especially since the Lebanese government has described it as an accident.

Now, while DT would have been wiser to say something like “too early to tell,” I do think the reaction by many in the media has been much too overwrought.

Much of his complaining about the “fake news media” is ridiculous but incidents like this do reveal at least a germ of truth to what he says. At worst this was a minor misstatement, stop acting like he was trying to start a new Mideast war.

Regular readers will know I’m no fan of DT, but c’mon people, let’s keep our wits about us.

BC

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-06/facebook-removes-trum ... n/12529370

Facebook Inc has removed a video by US President Donald Trump for the first time, saying it violated rules against sharing misinformation about the coronavirus.

Key points:

A Facebook spokesman said it was the first time the company had removed a post by US President Donald Trump
Last month Facebook announced it would begin labelling newsworthy content that violated its policies
Twitter has previously fact checked some of Mr Trump's tweets

In the post, Mr Trump said children were "almost immune" to COVID-19.

It was removed on Wednesday (local time).

"This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19, which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation," a Facebook spokesman said.

The spokesman said it was the first time the social media company had removed a Trump post for coronavirus misinformation.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

tmould

Post by tmould »

Twitter has done the same, restricting the account of the Trump Campaign for posting the same video where Donald Trump states, children are "almost immune" to the virus. To which the Trump campaign spokesperson replied (after the Facebook removal), Trump was "stating a fact that children are less susceptible to the coronavirus,".

There is a BIG difference in those two statements. As with the Beirut statement, he has to choose his words more carefully because words matter.
--------------------------------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/tech/twitter-trump-restrict/index.html

San Francisco (CNN Business)Twitter said on Wednesday it had restricted President Donald Trump's campaign from tweeting after its account shared a video containing false claims about the coronavirus.

The tweet, a video of Trump's interview with Fox News in which he said children are "almost immune" to the virus, "is in violation of the Twitter Rules on Covid-19 misinformation," a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement. "The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again."
The account appeared to have the ability to tweet following Twitter's statement, suggesting the campaign had complied with the order and removed the video. Twitter confirmed to CNN that the campaign's account can tweet again.
Just hours before, Facebook removed a post from Trump's main page featuring the same interview for similar reasons.
Courtney Parella, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign, said the President was "stating a fact that children are less susceptible to the coronavirus," echoing the statement she shared after Facebook's removal.
Parella accused Silicon Valley of being biased against the President and said "social media companies are not the arbiters of truth."
Twitter and Facebook have shown an increasing willingness to take action on posts by Trump and those close to him, placing labels on several posts in recent weeks on topics ranging from voting to protests.
Last week, Twitter imposed a similar restriction on the account of the President's son, Donald Trump Jr., after he posted a video featuring a doctor making false claims about coronavirus cures and stating that people "don't need masks" to prevent the virus from spreading.
Twitter said at the time that some of the account's functionality, including the ability to tweet, would be restricted for 12 hours.
In June, Twitter put a warning label on a tweet from the President in which he warned if protesters tried to set up an "autonomous zone" in Washington DC they would be "met with serious force!"
Twitter said that tweet violated the company's policy "against abusive behavior, specifically, the presence of a threat of harm against an identifiable group."
Tom
You don't need a parachute to skydive - You need a parachute to skydive AGAIN!

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

Getting banned from Twitter. Having posts removed from Facebook for spreading misinformation.

Such winning!

BC

satsuma

Post by satsuma »

And now, despite having over 2 million active COVID cases in USA and widespread community transmission, a travel advisory has been issued over NZ's 26 active cases all of which are in managed isolation.

The US has had more cases so far than the entire NZ population.

Perhaps it's because our immigration services help desk has seen enquiries from the US up about 1000% recently?

Then again, maybe it's because we haven't been supportive enough of Trump's anti China rhetoric, although we did suspend our extradition treaty with Hong Kong.

Or perhaps Trump's grasp of geography is so poor, he think NZ is a suburb of Melbourne.

fromdownunder
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by fromdownunder »

satsuma wrote:
07 Aug 2020 13:42
And now, despite having over 2 million active COVID cases in USA and widespread community transmission, a travel advisory has been issued over NZ's 26 active cases all of which are in managed isolation.

The US has had more cases so far than the entire NZ population.

Perhaps it's because our immigration services help desk has seen enquiries from the US up about 1000% recently?

Then again, maybe it's because we haven't been supportive enough of Trump's anti China rhetoric, although we did suspend our extradition treaty with Hong Kong.

Or perhaps Trump's grasp of geography is so poor, he think NZ is a suburb of Melbourne.
Don't feel so bad,you are only at Level 2. Nauru, which has no cases at all is at Level 3 "Reconsider Travel"

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

In case you missed it, CNN had a piece (that referred to a New York Times article) about White House staff investigating what it would take to add DT’s visage to the Mt. Rushmore National Monument.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/politics/mount-rushmore-trump-south-dakota/index.html

Certainly his ego is monumental. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In other news he recently mispronounced the very-well-known-to-most-Americans Yosemite National Park (yoh-sem-i-tee) as Yo-Semite, as in the descendants of Abraham.

Separately he referred to the well-known country of Thailand as “thigh-land.”

P.T. Barnum must be laughing his derrière off somewhere.

BC

GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!

Post by GUTTERS »

Brit-Col wrote:
10 Aug 2020 12:07
In case you missed it, CNN had a piece (that referred to a New York Times article) about White House staff investigating what it would take to add DT’s visage to the Mt. Rushmore National Monument.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/politics/mount-rushmore-trump-south-dakota/index.html

BC
The whole problem with the above is both the media outlet are as bad as each other with the crap they put out. One feeds of the other changing the story just a little each time until it is to what they want the people to see and not what the story is really about.
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

GUTTERS wrote:
10 Aug 2020 22:07
Brit-Col wrote:
10 Aug 2020 12:07

BC
The whole problem with the above is both the media outlet are as bad as each other with the crap they put out. One feeds of the other changing the story just a little each time until it is to what they want the people to see and not what the story is really about.
If you’re going to shoot the messenger you may as well include the official denial as well...

5B3F0A2E-A540-42B2-98DE-709EEE58BFAC.jpeg

Post by 22028 »

He may even deny in future that he had been POTUS...
Collecting Interests: Tibet, Nepal-Classic Issues, Iran-First Issue (Lion stamps), Iraq-Railway stamps 1928-1942, Overland Mail Baghdad - Haifa, SCADTA, the provisional Registration stamps issue 1921, Colombia, the private carrier stamps.

SForgCa
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by SForgCa »

Brit-Col wrote:
06 Aug 2020 11:38
In his initial comments about the Beirut disaster DT referred to it as an “attack.”

MSNBC and CNN hosts and commentators immediately went nuts, especially since the Lebanese government has described it as an accident.
You missed the point
When the President of the US outright lies (like he has 20M other times) about getting info from HIS generals about an "attack". it puts the whole region in a state of alert.
The "goods guys and bad ones" get nervous and who knows what might result
He is a STUPID man trying to bolster that he is all knowing and in control
Mary Trump was right in calling him "the most dangerous man on earth"

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

SForgCa wrote:
10 Aug 2020 23:40
Brit-Col wrote:
06 Aug 2020 11:38

You missed the point
When the President of the US outright lies (like he has 20M other times) about getting info from HIS generals about an "attack". it puts the whole region in a state of alert.
The "goods guys and bad ones" get nervous and who knows what might result
He is a STUPID man trying to bolster that he is all knowing and in control
Mary Trump was right in calling him "the most dangerous man on earth"
I understand the point you are making. But let me offer two counter points.

#1 The entire region is in a constant state of high alert. Nothing DT or anyone else says can increase or decrease the level of tension.

#2 The entire world knows by now that DT is a clueless idiot. No one with two working brain cells is making any decisions based on what he says without independent verification. Including both good guys and bad guys.

That he is STUPID and dangerous I think he demonstrates daily.

All of that can be reported by a fair-minded media without hyperbolic histrionics.

BC

maszki

Post by maszki »

A media storm over a 'thoughtless' comment.

When I first heard the news my immediate thought was that the Israelis had taken out another consignment of rockets destined for Hezbollah...then when it was identified as several tonnes of ammonium nitrate all that changed in my mind was that the target was a bomb manufacturing warehouse.

What did Trump actually say?

“I met with some of our great generals and they just seem to feel that it was” an attack, Trump replied to a reporter’s question at a White House coronavirus briefing. “This was not some kind of a manufacturing-explosion-type of event. This was, seems to be, according to them — they would know better than I would — they seem to think it was an attack. A bomb of some kind.”

Even the Lebanese were unsure of the situation "Though the Lebanese officials didn’t say whether the detonation was intentional, President Michel Aoun of Lebanon said those behind it would be held accountable, according to the BBC."

When SForgCa wrote that "When the President of the US outright lies (like he has 20M other times) about getting info from HIS generals about an "attack"." seems to me a bit harsh. I haven't seen or heard any of 'his' generals deny that they gave that opinion...and by the way, as President and Commander-in-Chief I think he can be forgiven for referring to them on a personal level as 'his' Generals

I think , recalling previous comments on this topic, that we all agree that Trump does not have a very firm grip of the English language 'as she is spoke'. In this instance his wisest comment would have been 'no comment' (about the explosion) or 'I don't have the full details' or some similar brush-off to the reporters question...but even that/those comment would have caused a media firestorm....he's ignorant, doesn't know what's going on, he is protecting 'bad guys' etc etc etc

Heads the media wins, tails Trump loses......SNAFU.

SForgCa

Post by SForgCa »

maszki wrote:
26 Jul 2020 07:32

This is all about the Democrats inability to comprehend that their divine right to rule has been bruised by the election of Trump and they are doing everything....including illegality, deceit, and lies to blame Trump for something they have brought upon themselves and to innocent US citizens.
REALLY??!!
Are you on the Trump re-election or Fox News payroll.
What people want is a president who takes FEDERAL action against a pandemic instead of calling it a hoax
One who has more interest in protecting voting rights and less interest in protecting confederate monuments.
One who acts like a President instead of wanting his mug on Mount Rushmore
One who doesn't extol the merits of ingesting Lysol or taking advice from a quack who believes in sex with demons and alien DNA
One who believes his advisors instead of Putin
One who doesn't have a white supremacist (Miller) as his main advisor who wants children in cages and a pure white nation
One who says it is not my job, the states can solve the problem if if they don't I'm going to get real tough
One who doesn't have witless family members as advisers
One who doesn't pardon cronies who have dirt on him
One who doesn't use the presidency to promote his properties and fill his pockets
One who hasn't had a dozen advisors or campaign managers indicted
One who doesn't openly solicit foreign aid in the election
One who hasn't left a trail of dozens of failures and bankruptcies as well as being involved in outright scams like Trump University and the Trump Foundation
One who isn't doing his best to make the election illegitimate
One who actually has a re-election platform instead of lies and divisiveness as his agenda followed by 4 more years of a democratic breakdown
One who doesn't think fossil fuels are the future - like his buddy Putin and doesn't think Climate Change is a hoax or that windmills give you cancer
One who doesn't do his best to break ties with important allies
One who doesn't think tariffs solve all international trade deals
One who doesn't spend time getting even with anyone who has disagreed with him
One who complies with the law and doesn't argue he is above it
One who takes some minor role of responsibility instead of blaming everyone else
One who actually reads his briefs instead of saying he knows nothing about Russian bounties on US soldiers and makes no further comment
One who doesn't think Putin, Kim, Erdogan are great leaders and wants to be like them
Democrats, Republicans, it doesn't matter, keeping their jobs is a high priority.The country created Trump because they were fed up with the political self dealing and inaction. BUT no President has ever willingly taken the country on the path to total collapse like this Orange Fool

tmould

Post by tmould »

maszki wrote:

This is all about the Democrats inability to comprehend that their divine right to rule has been bruised by the election of Trump and they are doing everything....including illegality, deceit, and lies to blame Trump for something they have brought upon themselves and to innocent US citizens.
That is the common Republican perspective for sure. And this is the common Democrat perspective:

This is all about the Republicans inability to comprehend that their divine right to rule has been bruised by the election and 8 years of Obama and they are doing everything....including illegality, deceit, and lies to blame Democrats for something they have brought upon themselves and to innocent US citizens.

Any wonder why we can accomplish anything with the hatred our political parties have for one another?
Tom
You don't need a parachute to skydive - You need a parachute to skydive AGAIN!

norvic

Post by norvic »

SForgCa wrote:
12 Aug 2020 02:06
maszki wrote:

REALLY??!!
What people want is a president who takes FEDERAL action against a pandemic instead of calling it a hoax
One who has more interest in protecting voting rights and less interest in protecting confederate monuments.
One who doesn't extol the merits of ingesting Lysol or taking advice from a quack who believes in sex with demons and alien DNA
One who doesn't have a white supremacist (Miller) as his main advisor who wants children in cages and a pure white nation
One who says it is not my job, the states can solve the problem if if they don't I'm going to get real tough
One who doesn't use the presidency to promote his properties and fill his pockets
One who hasn't left a trail of dozens of failures and bankruptcies as well as being involved in outright scams like Trump University and the Trump Foundation
One who actually has a re-election platform instead of lies and divisiveness as his agenda followed by 4 more years of a democratic breakdown
One who doesn't think fossil fuels are the future - like his buddy Putin and doesn't think Climate Change is a hoax or that windmills give you cancer
One who takes some minor role of responsibility instead of blaming everyone else
One who actually reads his briefs instead of saying he knows nothing about Russian bounties on US soldiers and makes no further comment
One who doesn't think Putin, Kim, Erdogan are great leaders and wants to be like them
Democrats, Republicans, it doesn't matter, keeping their jobs is a high priority.The country created Trump because they were fed up with the political self dealing and inaction. BUT no President has ever willingly taken the country on the path to total collapse like this Orange Fool

This is such a fast moving and constantly developing discussion that making such a detailed rebuttal of something written over 2 weeks ago is rather a waste of time and adds little to the current (ie today's & yesterday's) topics.

By all means do it, but it does mean that any further comments on your post are likely to be reinventing a wheel that either fell off or was repaired just after the original post.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

maszki

Post by maszki »

tmould wrote:
12 Aug 2020 03:16
maszki wrote:

That is the common Republican perspective for sure. And this is the common Democrat perspective:

This is all about the Republicans inability to comprehend that their divine right to rule has been bruised by the election and 8 years of Obama and they are doing everything....including illegality, deceit, and lies to blame Democrats for something they have brought upon themselves and to innocent US citizens.

Any wonder why we can accomplish anything with the hatred our political parties have for one another?
I think you meant to write 'why we cannot accomplish anything..' and you are right, the US government is dysfunctional and both parties must share the blame.

I think SForgCa's post highlights the real problem; the power of the media to influence the voter through inaccurate and incomplete reporting

I particularly like his comment "......The country created Trump because they were fed up with the political self dealing and inaction."

As to "..... no President has ever willingly taken the country on the path to total collapse like this Orange Fool"......I think he will find Trump has many willing assistants from both ends of the political spectrum.

SForgCa

Post by SForgCa »

norvic wrote:
12 Aug 2020 03:53
SForgCa wrote:
maszki wrote:

REALLY??!!

This is such a fast moving and constantly developing discussion that making such a detailed rebuttal of something written over 2 weeks ago is rather a waste of time and adds little to the current (ie today's & yesterday's) topics.

By all means do it, but it does mean that any further comments on your post are likely to be reinventing a wheel that either fell off or was repaired just after the original post.
1. It is NOT 2 weeks old
2. Repeating someone's quote in its entirety is both a waste of time and very annoying. You can actually delete the superfluous when quoting as I did- Try it, you will be appreciated
3. Complaining and not adding anything of value is the biggest waste of time

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-12/joe-biden-announces-k ... p/12548494
1.jpg

"Donald Trump wasted no time weighing in.

The President's campaign was ready for this moment.

Less than 30 minutes after the news broke, Trump tweeted this slickly produced ad describing Kamala Harris as a candidate who ran on the "radical left" as a presidential contender, threatening to embrace "socialised medicine" and "trillions in new taxes".

The ad goes further to say that Biden is planning to hand Harris the reins of the party."

"Socialized medicine is a term used in the United States to describe and discuss systems of universal health care: medical and hospital care for all by means of government regulation of health care and subsidies derived from taxation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialized_medicine

"Today, 32 countries offer universal health coverage, in some form: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/difference-between-universal- ... em-1738546

I have had three operations over the last six years.

Cost to me:- $0

Ambulance Bill for an 80km trip - $1350.00 - Cost to me:- $0

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

SForgCa wrote:
12 Aug 2020 06:32
norvic wrote:
...rebuttal of something written over 2 weeks ago is rather a waste of time and adds little to the current (ie today's & yesterday's) topics.
1. It is NOT 2 weeks old
Look at the time stamps. 25 July to 11 August is... over 2 weeks.

(May be show one day different depending on time zone.)

BC

muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by muruk »

People on social media are starting to compare Donald Trump to Satan.

Now seriously, folks, we all know he is evil, but he can't possibly be even half as bad as Trump. :mrgreen:
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

maszki

Post by maszki »

SForgCa wrote:
Then why did you post the long list of Trump's alleged 'crimes'...the majority of which have been discussed or dismissed previously

Post by 22028 »

maszki wrote:
12 Aug 2020 16:34
... the majority of which have been... dismissed previously
Dismissed by whom???

maszki

Post by maszki »

22028 wrote:
12 Aug 2020 18:55
maszki wrote:
Dismissed by whom???
By anyone/everyone who still believes that proof is an essential element in determining fact from politically motivated fiction

norvic

Post by norvic »

SForgCa wrote:
norvic wrote:
SForgCa wrote:
maszki wrote:
This is all about the Democrats ....
REALLY??!!

1. It is NOT 2 weeks old
2. Repeating someone's quote in its entirety is both a waste of time and very annoying. You can actually delete the superfluous when quoting as I did- Try it, you will be appreciated
1. Where I come from 25 July (Maszki post) to 11 August (your post) is 2 weeks and 3 days. Maybe time passes differently in Toronto.
2. There would have been no context had I deleted everything except your "REALLY??!!".
3. It wasn't a complaint, it was advice, and I stand by it.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

Post by 22028 »

maszki wrote:
12 Aug 2020 19:35
22028 wrote:
maszki wrote:
Dismissed by whom???
By anyone/everyone who still believes that proof is an essential element in determining fact from politically motivated fiction
And anyone/everyone else agrees contrary...

maszki

Post by maszki »

22028 wrote:
12 Aug 2020 19:44
maszki wrote:
12 Aug 2020 19:35
22028 wrote:
maszki wrote:
Dismissed by whom???
And anyone/everyone else agrees contrary...
Wouldn't life be dull and boring if we all agreed...what would we talk about? As Ned is alleged to have said as he was awaiting his execution..... 'Such is life'

joelk

Post by joelk »

SForgCa wrote:
maszki wrote:

REALLY??!!
Excellent post, and completely accurate in my view. Correct one month ago and correct today. Trump is an unmitigated disaster, an incredibly crass individual, and tragically incompetent. He has empathy toward no one but himself.

Post by 22028 »

... And if your think you have heared everthing..., of course, no other important things these days to take care of...

Donald Trump to scrap low-power showers that wreck his ‘perfect’ hair
The US government is looking at easing regulations on shower fittings following complaints from President Donald Trump who has regularly railed against water conservation rules in his quest for "perfect hair."

On Wednesday the Department of Energy (DOE) said it was proposing to amend the definition of a showerhead to allow multiple showerheads on a single fitting, which would get around water conservation measures brought in under president George H.W. Bush.

The 1992 rules established a maximum water use of 2.5 gallons per minute for showers but the amendment means that will apply to each showerhead rather than a single shower fitting.

The announcement comes after Trump complained about the lack of water pressure in showers.

"Showerheads -- you take a shower, the water doesn't come out," he said in July at the White House announcing a rollback in regulations.

"You want to wash your hands, the water doesn't come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair -- I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect."

Bathroom fittings and water pressure have long been a bugbear for the president.

In December he told reporters the Environmental Protection Agency would be "looking very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms."

"They take a shower, the water comes dripping out, it's dripping out very quietly, people are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times as opposed to once, they end up using more water," Trump said.

"So EPA is looking at that very strongly, at my suggestion."
https://www.france24.com/en/20200813-us-to-ease-water-rules-after-trump-s-shower-moan

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

22028 wrote:
14 Aug 2020 01:26
... And if your think you have heared everthing..., of course, no other important things these days to take care of...

Donald Trump to scrap low-power showers that wreck his ‘perfect’ hair

On Wednesday the Department of Energy (DOE) said it was proposing to amend the definition of a showerhead to allow multiple showerheads on a single fitting, which would get around water conservation measures brought in under president George H.W. Bush.

Because my hair -- I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect."
Would this give The Donald the "perfect" hair?

050820 (23).jpg

He could end up looking like this...

090820 (3).jpg

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

Think you nailed it...

CBBA2D1A-E2CE-4350-8C7B-E669EA18759B.jpeg

MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

Maybe thats the secret ...he nails it?
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Looks like he might be trying to screw with the election during the pandemic by derailing the postal service

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/13/trumps-at ... emergency/

GUTTERS

Post by GUTTERS »

Ahh the Washington post one of the most trust worthy news outlets in the USA
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

capetriangle
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

Post by capetriangle »

Brit-Col wrote:
14 Aug 2020 08:23
Think you nailed it...

A true nightmare hair day!

joelk

Post by joelk »

Yes it is. And it has pointed out the more than 20,000 lies the idiot you still support has made since he took office.

joelk

Post by joelk »

uncadonego wrote:
14 Aug 2020 20:45
Looks like he might be trying to screw with the election during the pandemic by derailing the postal service

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/13/trumps-at ... emergency/
He is. And he has now ben trying to recycle the racist and baseless birther crap on Kamala Harris.

The man has no shame.

A very toxic combination of narcissism, racism, lack of any empathy or morals, and crass incompetence.

November 3 cannot come soon enough.

Return to “'The Water Cooler' - A relaxing and FUN place to let off some steam ......”