Donald Trump: Ex-President of the USA, wide DISCUSSION

Discussion of anything you like. Sport, stamps, politics, religion, weather, world disasters, news articles - whatever. Things generally NOT stamp related belong in here. Please keep it CIVIL and polite though! We encourage lively discussion on all things.

Moderators: gmoney, Volunteer Moderator Team

figmente
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Re: Donald Trump: Ex-President of the USA, wide DISCUSSION

Post by figmente »

Media reports have included that Emily W. Murphy has been shopping for her next job and that DJT is firing any administration officials caught doing so.

32_seeker
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by 32_seeker »

chippin wrote:
17 Nov 2020 07:13
Can't they just change the locks at the White House while Donald is out playing golf?
Speaking of locks, who here has noticed Mr. Trump's change in hair colour? Rather than the Kraft Dinner tint, he is going for a "silver fox, who once was blonde" look these days.

It was a subtle change but must have been election-motivated. Perhaps one of Rupert Murdoch's fine journalists will ask why.

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

chippin wrote:
17 Nov 2020 07:13
Can't they just change the locks at the White House while Donald is out playing golf?
My brother-in-law suggested that n 6 November!
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

capetriangle

Post by capetriangle »

Glen

I doubt "It's too hard" will be a Trump complaint, given his age.

Kindest regards

Richard

Brit-Col
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Brit-Col »

It is being reported via multiple sources that DT’s spectacularly unsuccessful chief election challenge lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, is asking for $20,000 per day for his services.

On a pay for results basis one would be tempted to think this is excessive compensation.

BC
Good judgment is gained from experience. Experience is gained from poor judgment.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Yes the GOP should pay him only on a ''success'' basis.

So far his coffees would not be covered. :)
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Derbyboi2
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by Derbyboi2 »

A recent tweet from 'the leader of the free world'

@realDonaldTrump
5h
Wow! Michigan just refused to certify the election results! Having courage is a beautiful thing. The USA stands proud!

Of course in real time, as Trump was tweeting, Michigan county officials were immediately reversing their decision to a 4-0 vote to certify.

Twitchy fingers get burnt!
Last edited by Global Administrator on 18 Nov 2020 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added pars and spacing and “air” – always a superb idea on Bulletin Boards!

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

President Donald Trump on Tuesday fired the Department of Homeland Security official who had rejected Trump's claims of widespread voter fraud.

Trump announced on Twitter he was firing Chris Krebs, the director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and directly tied it to Krebs' statement that said there "is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud," Trump said in a tweet that also repeated other baseless conspiracy theories about the election and was flagged by Twitter as "disputed."

"Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."

Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

uncadonego wrote:
18 Nov 2020 22:04
President Donald Trump on Tuesday fired the Department of Homeland Security official who had rejected Trump's claims of widespread voter fraud.

Trump announced on Twitter he was firing Chris Krebs, the director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and directly tied it to Krebs' statement that said there "is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud," Trump said in a tweet that also repeated other baseless conspiracy theories about the election and was flagged by Twitter as "disputed."

"Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."
Only in Trumpworld would an honest man telling the truth get fired......and sadly the worst is yet to come :!:
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"

emason

Post by emason »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
19 Nov 2020 06:34
Only in Trumpworld would an honest man telling the truth get fired......and sadly the worst is yet to come :!:
He's been taking notes on the Chinese way of doing things.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/16/citizen-journa ... hanCitizen
Citizen journalist facing jail in China for Wuhan Covid reporting

A Chinese citizen journalist detained since May for reporting on the coronavirus outbreak from Wuhan is facing up to five years in jail after being formally indicted on charges of spreading false information.

Zhang Zhan, a 37-year-old former lawyer, was arrested more than six months ago after reporting on the outbreak. She is being held in a detention facility in Shanghai.

She was accused of “picking quarrels and stirring up trouble”, an accusation frequently used against critics and activists inside China, after reporting on social media and streaming accounts.

The indictment sheet, released on Monday, said Zhang had sent “false information through text, video and other media through the Internet media such as WeChat, Twitter and YouTube”, according to the prosecution document.

“She also accepted interviews from overseas media Free Radio Asia and Epoch Times and maliciously speculated on Wuhan’s Covid-19 epidemic” it said. A sentence of four to five years was recommended.
She is among numerous journalists who have been arrested this year after travelling to Wuhan to report on the virus outbreak and response.
Human rights and legal groups have major and long-running concerns about China’s notoriously opaque justice system, which has a conviction rate of about 99%, and often sees defendants denied full legal assistance.
Best wishes,
Bill

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Why has Trump completely stopped Presidenting? He has appeared in Public twice since the election, and Pense once, and both have absolutely refused to answer any questions. He is sending Giuliani and his all girl orchestra out to do his dirty work and spout totally inane conspiracy theories (Did Giuliani's brain spring a leak at this mornings Press Conference), and does nothing except keep claiming he won the election and losing Court cases. I must say though, his typing fingers must be getting really muscled up.

He probably did not notice these figures from yesterday,and would not care if he did:

192,186 new Coronavirus cases. Another record. 29.7% of yesterdays cases reported on the entire planet.
Over 12,000,000 total cases reached.
2,065 deaths - the most since May 7. 19% of reported deaths on the entire planet.
258,333 total deaths

Oh well, as he said about the virus "It is what it is". He was right about turning the corner though. He just didn't see the train coming.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

fromdownunder wrote:
20 Nov 2020 14:44
Did Giuliani's brain spring a leak at this mornings Press Conference

I think if you tell as many howling lies as he did in 10 minutes, ANYONE'S brain would melt!

Dumpies whupping is all due to past and present VENEZULELA Governments we now hear. 8-)

I had Venezuelan guys wring my home up for NBN Internet yesterday, and they advised me a DOCTOR there gets paid $US5 a month. Yep sure they are fixing USA elections! Last time I was there the Black maker currency rate was 15 times the official one.

And it is a Giuliani BLACK BRAIN that was melting ..... no surprise there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This stuff is like a rejected script from Dumb and Dumber.

Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani delivered a rambling monologue Thursday meant to reveal evidence for a 'massive' vote fraud where he quoted 'My Cousin Vinny' and claimed he had 'hundreds' of sworn affidavits as evidence that he would not share - because, he claimed, it would put his witnesses' lives at risk.

After suffering more than a score of legal defeats on President Trump's multi-state case to throw out ballots, Giuliani resorted to an extended rant about alleged fraud to reporters packed in tightly at the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington.

The last time he held a press conference was at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in northern Philadelphia, making the RNC's packed conference room at least an upgrade. And this time there were no known sex offenders on stage with him.

Instead there was a self-styled 'elite strike-force team working on behalf of the president' who outlined a conspiracy which wove together Hugo Chavez; China; Venezuela; Cuba; the Clinton Foundation; George Soros; testimony found 'on the internet'; ballots which arrived in trucks; New Jersey voters who crossed the Camden; 'hack' judges; vote counters in Germany and Spain; Democratic political machines just like Mayor Daley in the 1960s; the 'fake news media'; and Joe Biden.

rudolph-giuliani-attorney-for-president-donald-trump-news-photo-1605825573.jpg
QBF2OUH75VGUHA3QMZF7NG6EKE.jpg
35880922-8967203-Running_The_president_s_personal_attorney_Rudy_Giuliani_had_matc-a-15_1605809560383.jpg
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Waffle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Waffle »

Hair dye and liar sweat for ever.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Strange how the Dumpster supporters posts are getting less and less as time goes by, or is the comedy of errors by him and his enablers finally dawning on them :idea:
Tony

gavin-h

Post by gavin-h »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
20 Nov 2020 22:05
Strange how the Dumpster supporters posts are getting less and less as time goes by, or is the comedy of errors by him and his enablers finally dawning on them :idea:
More likely an acceptance of the result and a desire to move on. Seems like only the liberal-left are really banging on about this now. Election is over, Biden won, Trump lost. Pointless to keep raking over the same old coals. :idea:

And does "Giuliani has a hair-dye fail" really add anything to the intellectual debate?

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

gavin-h wrote:
21 Nov 2020 00:54

Trump lost. Pointless to keep raking over the same old coals.
Trump is doing this 24/7. Maybe the Republicans should actually be telling him and Giuliani that. But until they do, and while they keep talking about it and approving of Giulini's rants and Trumps total inaction on pretty much everything except becoming the Guinness Book of Champions "Most Tweets" record holder, and Trumps supporters in the USA continue to believe the conspiracies, then the whole world will continue to talk.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

gavin-h wrote:
21 Nov 2020 00:54
Seems like only the liberal-left are really banging on about this now. Election is over, Biden won, Trump lost.
You're kidding me right? Do you understand the magnitude of what is happening here? It's not the "Liberal-left" that is suing every state Trump lost. They are not the ones screaming foul and fraud every morning on Twitter. The "Liberal-left" wants to move forward as the people have spoken.

Every time Trump loses it's fraud.

2005 Emmys
2006 Emmys
2016 Iowa caucus - “Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it,” Trump (@realDonaldTrump) tweeted".
2016 General election - https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37673797

The list goes on and on. Until senior Republicans stand up for Democracy this temper tantrum throwing 7 year old will continue to pollute the media with baseless claims about election rigging which has seen his legal team lose 31 of 33 court filings. The 2 his legal team won overturned 4 ballots or something close to that.

Georgia will certify Biden as the winner today with Michigan and Pennsylvania following on Monday. 3½ weeks until the Electorate casts their votes and 18 days until Trump's legal team has to call it quits.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

gavin-h

Post by gavin-h »

No, I completely get it.

But you all know that this is the completely predictable pattern of how Trump behaves. He always does. No need for faux surprise or faux outrage. So move on, leave him completely isolated and prepare for the future. He's the man of the past. He's lost. Everyone knows he's lost (even him if you think about it!).

By choosing to engage in his stupid games, you're giving him the oxygen of publicity and lowering yourselves to his level. Rise above it, look to the future, be ready to govern. Don't waste your four years highlighting the previous administration's failings.

And yes, I absolutely agree that the Republican Party needs to work very, very hard to restore its reputation - and it's place as a credible choice for government. They aren't exactly covering themselves in (Old) glory.

As a small-c and a large-C Conservative, I can identify with an awful lot of this!

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

I couldn't care less if Trump admits defeat or not. It's the legal circus that has everyone up in arms. We've had this document for over 2 centuries that clearly defines the rules and ethics that ALL Presidents honor, except DJT. We also have laws about frivolous lawsuits which punish lawyers for making claims with no evidence.

We don't want to see him just concede the election we want him to face prison time for the crimes against the country. He is flat out a criminal and I strongly believe that on January 21st there will be quite a few subpoenas waiting for him.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

maszki

Post by maszki »

Lakatoi 4 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 20, 2020 13:05:24 pm
."Strange how the Dumpster supporters posts are getting less and less as time goes by, or is the comedy of errors by him and his enablers finally dawning on them :idea: "

Although I don't refer to myself as a Dumpster supporter, (I was a Trump supporter for the 2016 election), I am sitting here (Yes Sheriff, in my armchair, quaffing a nice red in my farmhouse in upper-Maszki...the latest copy of the Pravda broadsheet across my knees) watching what I would not refer to as a 'comedy of errors' but rather the death-throes of US democracy- not because of Trump's court cases as he was done and is doing nothing illegal by questioning the election and pursuing allegations of fraud.

Those who deny fraud, and the legal process being followed by Trump, are those who are slowly strangling the US electoral process. Fraud has been proven...even if at present it is only one or two cases.....now the extent of that fraud is what matters, and whether that fraud has impacted the election result. The accusations have to be taken seriously...as that is democracy at work).

Up until a few days ago every news item regarding these accusations included the words 'without any evidence'; but I notice a subtle change in the last 2 days as the media is now using words such as 'unsustained' and 'unproven', perhaps an indication that even the media now accept that some evidence has been supplied, albeit minor....that some (minor) allegations of fraud have been proven.

I think it was Stallzer who posted that Trump had lost 30 out of 33 recent court hearings. Is that the end of the 30 'lost' cases or are those loses the basis for referral of those cases to a higher court and ultimately to the Supreme Court?

I suppose my bottom line is along the lines of 'watch this space' because nobody knows how this 'comedy of errors' (to quote Lakatoi 4) will end.

Personally I do not think this 'circus' is going to end anytime soon, because unlike many posters I think Trump is a lot smarter than he is given credit....and I think Giuliani at his recent press conference shone a torch on the path being developed........for ultimate presentation to the Supreme Court. Stallzer's reference to litigation confronting Trump when he ultimately steps down is a second reason that Trump will pursue these accusations to the bitter end- before pardoning himself and his close advisers...or as one person has suggested, issuing a pardon for Pence, resigning on the 19th January, and Pence as a 0ne-day President pardons Trump...not an unlikely scenario.

By the way, the heading of this Topic is incorrect. In previous posts I have been chided for technical or grammatical mistakes so let me return the compliment....Trump is the 'President of the USA' and will continue to be so until 20/21 January next year. Just as Biden is now referred to as the President -Elect, so Trump is the Ex-President -Elect. Can you please correct the title of the topic.

A follow-up. Virtually every election in the last few years has been contested by the losers...look at Belarus as the most recent example. If the USA fails to address these allegations we may well see similar scenes to Belarus, Hong Kong and elsewhere being played out on Main Street USA. There is a lot at stake here so to my mind it is essential that these allegations be thoroughly investigated; corrected if sustained and/or the results vindicated and publicly (and transparently) confirmed.

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

Whoa, back up there fella. A President cannot pardon himself for state crimes or during an impeachment. His only chance would be to convince the SCOTUS that the Constitution does not directly address this. No President in our history has even tried it so there is no precedence.

As far as the fraud claim there has been none found. The 3 cases Trump's lawyers won were mistakes, not fraud. Again, zero evidence. One of the "Victories" didn't even challenge ballot counts. The crook is cooked, period.

The accusations DO NOT need to be taken seriously. Lawyers are bound by the "Rules of evidence" which obviously the Trump legal team does not have. His idiotic legal team couldn't litigate a parking ticket and it's been amusing watching these ambulance chasing lawyers flush their careers down the proverbial crapper.

The "Circus" is drawing near it's final performance and as of December 8th it will be all over except the continual crying. As I posted above, find me one instance where Trump lost anything and didn't claim fraud. A little boy and a wolf come to mind.

Trump needs to be tried for crimes against the country and Cyrus Vance Jr is working on that and just subpoenaed the Trump organization over tax records and consulting fees to the daughter.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ny-probes-trump-consulti ... s-74310140

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

maszki wrote:
21 Nov 2020 05:25
The accusations have to be taken seriously...
Not if they are without merit they don’t. That’s why judges who actually understand the law and rules of evidence have been dismissing so many of these cases out of hand. After all is said and done the biggest remaining mystery will be why Giuliani and his battalion of bottom-of-the-barrel buffoons have not had their licenses to practice law revoked.

I suppose my bottom line is along the lines of 'watch this space' because nobody knows how this 'comedy of errors' (to quote Lakatoi 4) will end.
With respect sir, we do know how this will end (although some are not yet willing to admit it).

Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States at noon Eastern time on the 20th of January, 2021.

Gavin is right. No reason to get wrought up about it. It is a fait accompli.

You read it here first. (Well, you probably didn’t but who’s counting?)

BC
Good judgment is gained from experience. Experience is gained from poor judgment.

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

gavin-h wrote:
21 Nov 2020 02:22
By choosing to engage in his stupid games, you're giving him the oxygen of publicity and lowering yourselves to his level. Rise above it, look to the future, be ready to govern. Don't waste your four years highlighting the previous administration's failings.
The problem is that it’s Trump’s enablers who giving him oxygen, keeping this ridiculous charade of voter fraud, conspiracies, etc. going in an attempt to keep him relevant as the hard done by President that didn’t actually lose the 2020 election.

This will probably continue off and on for the next four years so that he can contest the 2024 election.

Whether the Republican Party would allow him that opportunity in 2024 is very debatable.
Tony

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

Any wonder why Trump's legal team is losing their battles? You just can't make this stuff up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-lawyers-confuse-minnesot ... se-2020-11

Republican lawyers confused Michigan with Minnesota in an election lawsuit they eventually lost
Sonam Sheth

Nov 21, 2020, 3:54 AM

Lin Wood, a GOP lawyer allied with President Donald Trump, filed a lawsuit in Georgia to stop its Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, from certifying the election results.

Wood lost the case, and a Georgia lawyer named Andrew Fleischman said the lawsuit also included an affidavit that appeared to confuse Michigan’s election results with Minnesota’s.

The affidavit was filed by a Texas cybersecurity expert named Russell Ramsland and laid out a number of “statistical anomalies and red flags” that showed Michigan’s election results were “manipulated” because the number of votes cast in 19 precincts exceeded the number of registered voters.

But the 19 precincts Ramsland listed were in Minnesota, not Michigan. In other words, he “was counting the population of towns in Minnesota, seeing they did not match Michigan towns, and finding fraud,” Fleischman wrote.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

stallzer wrote:
21 Nov 2020 05:59

Trump needs to be tried for crimes against the country and Cyrus Vance Jr is working on that and just subpoenaed the Trump organization over tax records and consulting fees to the daughter.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ny-probes-trump-consulti ... s-74310140

Good to hear. :idea: :idea:

Dumpster will be in court for years, after he is frogmarched out of the White House. 8-)

quirky
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by quirky »

Donald's spiritual advisor regularly trips to heaven & speaks to the BOSS.I knew this was happening BUT never at these scales. Publicly & live tarnishing the supernatural. YouTube upload 11/11/20 called *Time to drain the charismatic swamp* by Fighting for the faith. We're stunned these events are real, is this interjecturalbehaviour half of Americas population

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Can anyone translate the post above into English? :?: :?:

Lambinator

Post by Lambinator »

I am convinced from evidence I have seen online that there was massive voter fraud, of several different types, against President Trump and in favour of Joe Biden.

One type of apparent fraud was was transfer of votes from Trump to Biden. Many visible examples of such transfers occurred in live election night TV coverage. Here is a picture of one example:

thedonald dot com election fraud 7.jpg
I have seen several such combined screenshots, showing Biden’s vote total suddenly jump by the exact same amount that Trump’s total drops.

satsuma

Post by satsuma »

Well, there is another possibility.

A box which was counted was put in the "Trump" pile and then later it was realised that all those votes should have been put in the "Biden" pile.

So the enumerators made a mistake and then corrected it.

bazza4338
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!

Post by bazza4338 »

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/11/bogus-theory-claims-superc ... -election/

CNN Video Shows Error, Not Fraud

On Twitter and Facebook, thousands of users shared a false claim that a CNN video from election night is evidence of the supposed vote-stealing operation in action.

It’s not.

In the video, vote totals for Pennsylvania displayed on screen by CNN can be seen going up for Biden by 19,958 as they go down for Trump by that same amount.

But the error was actually a simple mistake by a research firm that gathers results data for CNN and others; it wasn’t a change in the reporting by election officials. (It’s worth noting, though, that those vote tallies are unofficial tallies, not final, official results.) The mistake was corrected about an hour later.

Edison Research, which provides vote tabulation data to CNN and other networks, said that the moment of Trump dropping by 19,958 was caused by a brief reporting error on its end.

Rob Farbman, Edison’s executive vice president, told us that Edison did receive the correct vote totals from Armstrong County in Pennsylvania through a state feed — which at that point in time was 24,233 votes for Trump and 4,275 votes for Biden. But a team member, while scouring individual county vote totals, then mistakenly entered the county’s totals backwards — 24,233 votes for Biden and 4,275 votes for Trump.

A CNN source also confirmed that the matter came down to vote totals in Armstrong County being briefly transposed in the feed provided to the network, but that the accurate figures were soon restored.

“It was simple human error,” Farbman told us by email, noting the mistake was corrected about an hour later.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

maszki wrote:

Virtually every election in the last few years has been contested by the losers ... look at Belarus as the most recent example.

I am sure the USA has carefully studied the Belarus example that focuses your mind. Such a paragon of world leadership and high standards of democracy needs to be followed slavishly. (Most Americans would not even know what continent it was on, but let's play along with your allegation.)

I am sure your subscription to PRAVDA assures you it is -- and also assures you PUTIN is universally supported and loved and admired. :!: :!: :!:

However, to all of those of us outside an armchair in Poland, Wikipedia says otherwise -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Belarus

After the establishment of a Republic on August 25, 1991, Stanislav Shushkevich was selected to be the first Belarusian leader and held this position until 1994. During that time frame, Shushkevich directed his country in a way to become free from its Soviet past and try to look towards the West. His successor, Alexander Lukashenko, changed all of that upon assuming office in 1994 and began to turn his attention away from the West and back towards Russia. And, during his rule, Lukashenko began to re-instate Soviet-era functions and reintroduced the symbols from Soviet Belarus. Lukashenko, who is still in power, has caused increased focus on his country due to his leadership manner, which has been considered authoritarian by some and a dictatorship by others.

I have lived in Australia near 70 years and oddly cannot recall any entire election here being contested by the loser. ''Virtually every election in the last few years has been contested by the losers''

I know PRAVDA assures you this is the case for here, the UK, Canada, and NZ and other real democracies, but of course you must be correct that we all file 40 court challenged after each election.

There is one factor in the current mess -- CITIZEN DUMP. :idea:

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

Lambinator wrote:
21 Nov 2020 15:29
I am convinced from evidence I have seen online that there was massive voter fraud, of several different types, against President Trump and in favour of Joe Biden.

There is a reason states don’t certify their voting results until a few weeks after the election. They leave room for recounts, audits, verifications, adjudication of disputed or questionable ballots, etc.

But forget all that. Screenshots of unofficial tallies by parties NOT in charge of the actual counting are all it takes for some people to be convinced the whole election was a fraud.

The queue for Trump’s lemmings recruitment event, forms to the right.

BC

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Brit-Col wrote:
21 Nov 2020 17:38
The queue for Trump’s lemmings recruitment event, forms to the right.

BC

And we all know where lemmings end up, at the bottom of a cliff except the lemming in chief will decline to join them.

He will either be on a golf course in some country without an extradition treaty with the U.S. or incarcerated for a while perhaps passing the time by writing some non-fiction.

Some book title suggestions that spring to mind: “I Was Not A Loser”, “How Not To Succeed In Business” and “The Art Of The Steal” :idea:
Tony

maszki

Post by maszki »

Brit-Col wrote:
21 Nov 2020 07:33
maszki wrote:
The accusations have to be taken seriously...
Not if they are without merit they don’t. That’s why judges who actually understand the law and rules of evidence have been dismissing so many of these cases out of hand. After all is said and done the biggest remaining mystery will be why Giuliani and his battalion of bottom-of-the-barrel buffoons have not had their licenses to practice law revoked.

With respect sir, we do know how this will end (although some are not yet willing to admit it).

Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States at noon Eastern time on the 20th of January, 2021.

Gavin is right. No reason to get wrought up about it. It is a fait accompli.

You read it here first. (Well, you probably didn’t but who’s counting?)

BC

I don't have access to Trump's evidence....or to his legal team.

Can you provide a summary of that evidence so I can concur with the popular conclusion?

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

maszki wrote:
21 Nov 2020 22:44
Can you provide a summary of that evidence so I can concur with the popular conclusion?
No, I can’t, but I don’t need to. All I need to do is watch as state after state certifies their voting results.

Your concurrence, or mine, is not necessary to the final outcome.

BC

maszki

Post by maszki »

Brit-Col wrote:
22 Nov 2020 00:51
maszki wrote:
21 Nov 2020 22:44
No, I can’t, but I don’t need to. All I need to do is watch as state after state certifies their voting results.

Your concurrence, or mine, is not necessary to the final outcome.

BC
Ok so why does any applicant address their issue to the Supreme Court if that august body is irrelevant now that we have social and main stream media? Why is there a Supreme Court if it has no jurisdiction over State legislatures.....or the President?

Don't get me wrong about this issue. I agree that the final result will probably be the election of Biden BUT this is a fine example of a democracy in action; allegations are made and will wend their way through various levels of courts until they reach the Supreme Court who in time will deliver a judgement which cannot be anticipated.

When that judgement is made, that is it...no more allegations, no more denials...justice is delivered

The US electoral system will be stronger and cleaner for this soul searching.

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

maszki wrote:
22 Nov 2020 01:29
allegations are made and will wend their way through various levels of courts until they reach the Supreme Court who in time will deliver a judgement which cannot be anticipated.
The Supreme Court does not waste its time with frivolous or minor allegations, and as we have seen neither do the lower courts. There is no automatic right to appeal all the way up to the SC, even for the chief executive. This won’t get anywhere near the Supreme Court.

BC

Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

Unless there is actual evidence, not hearsay, conjecture or conspiracy theory that there is fraud or other misfeasance that would make an actual difference to the result - not just nibbling at the edges, the Supreme Court would not, under any circumstances become involved.
Undermining the electoral process and confidence in democracy is a disgrace.
For example Rudy Giuliani was asked by the Federal Judge on Wednesday whether he was alleging fraud in the Pennsylvania election and his answer was a clear 'No'. Within 24 hours he was calling a press conference when he was alleging the opposite.
As Carl Bernstein has just stated 'we are in a constitutional crisis caused by a mad king'. 'A grifter president and a grifter President's family who have no place in politics'.

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-22/detroit-voters-sue-do ... s/12908186

Screenshot 2020-11-22 081014.jpg

US President Donald Trump is being sued by Detroit voters who say he is "openly seeking to disenfranchise black voters".

Key points:

A group of black voters and a voting rights organisation in Detroit are suing the President
Republicans have written to the Michigan board of canvassers asking it to adjourn for 14 days
The Trump campaign has not been able to provide evidence for widespread voter fraud

The lawsuit comes as Mr Trump continues efforts to overturn the results of the November 3 election in states decisive in his defeat by Democrat Joe Biden.

On Friday (local time), a group of black voters and a voting rights organisation filed a lawsuit in federal court accusing Mr Trump and his campaign of breaching the 1965 Voting Rights Act by falsely claiming voter fraud, and trying to overturn the results in Michigan and other states by pressing officials not to count or certify votes or to install pro-Trump electors.

Two weeks after Mr Biden was declared president-elect, Mr Trump, a Republican, has refused to concede.
Screenshot 2020-11-22 081107.jpg
On Saturday, the Republican National Committee and the Michigan Republican Party wrote to the state board of canvassers asking it to adjourn for 14 days to allow for an audit of ballots in Wayne County, which includes the majority-black city of Detroit.

The letter cited allegations of "irregularities" that have not been substantiated.

Lawsuit targets Trump 'disinformation'

Lawyers for three Detroit voters and the Michigan Welfare Rights Organization asked a judge to reprimand Mr Trump's campaign for spreading "disinformation" in a court filing about the certification of Wayne County.

"To effectuate this strategy, defendants are openly seeking to disenfranchise black voters, including voters in Detroit, Michigan," the lawsuit read.

More than 78 per cent of Detroit residents are black, according to US census data.

After a series of court defeats, the Trump campaign is trying to convince Republican-controlled legislatures in battleground states won by Mr Biden to set aside the results and declare Mr Trump the winner, according to three people familiar with the plan.

With the vote certified in Georgia, the Trump campaign now has two business days to request a recount there.

Mr Trump's legal team has already said it plans a lawsuit in the state, but has not provided specifics.

The long-shot effort is focused on Michigan and Pennsylvania for now, but even if both those states flipped, Mr Trump would need to overturn the vote in another state to get ahead of Mr Biden in the electoral college.

Such an event would be unprecedented in modern US history.

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Good to see that Trump, even though he lost the election, is still willing to go that extra yard for the American people.

Discussing plans to combat the deadly coronavirus pandemic with other world leaders can apparently wait for President Trump. He hit the golf course on Saturday at the same time a G20 side-event on pandemic preparedness was happening.

The virtual summit was intended to “foster international cooperation and to find solutions that protect people’s lives and livelihoods,” according to CNN.

It was slated to include leaders from Germany, France, South Korea, and Argentina, but Trump wasn’t on the list of speakers. Instead, he was photographed arriving at his Virginia golf club.

The death toll from coronavirus hit 255,000 on Saturday. Since it’s spread is an exponential curve, it’s predicted that up to 400,000 Americans will be dead by the first quarter of 2021, yet Trump doesn’t really give a damn.
Tony

snowy12

Post by snowy12 »

From what I can ascertain more US citizens have died of Covid-19 ,than all the US soldiers that died in WWII

Some record Mr. Trump
Life's too short - spend your money now, or someone else will!!

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

Expectations of some that Giuliani’s crack team have compelling evidence that is going make its way up to the Supreme Court are looking a bit imperiled.
A federal judge dismissed the Trump campaign’s attempt to steal the election in Pennsylvania on Saturday, calling out Rudy Giuliani’s attempt to “disenfranchise almost 7 million voters” based on zero actual evidence of voter fraud.

U.S. District Court Judge Matthew W. Brann, who heard Giuliani’s disastrous argument on the case earlier this week, said the court “has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations” that weren’t tied to the actual complaint nor supported by evidence.

“In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more,” Brann wrote.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-pennsylvania-giuliani-l ... b88c5e7fe9

BC

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
22 Nov 2020 11:09

The USA death toll from coronavirus hit 255,000 on Saturday.

2s and 5s.

Let me think - where did I see other 2 and 5 numbers?

Thats right - in NEW ZEALAND .. 25 deaths all year versus 255,000.

Let's see - 70 times population difference, so that means USA deaths should only be 1750 total, or NZ deaths should be a massive 3642.

There must be some factor at play here surely?

Got it - NZ took COVID seriously, and Trump did not.

Here is a historical note for Citizen Dump to ponder - NZ had a Federal Election a month or so back and Jacinta Ardern was re-elected in the biggest landslide seen there for 50 years.

Despite the tough early lock down there, and all the inconveniences to the citizens and business - it worked. And the voters THANKED her. The US voted PUNISHED Trump, as a one term loser. Biden got more than SIX Million votes extra. And still getting more and counts finalise.

Part of Dumpies appalling legacy will be his stupidity and pig-headedness personally caused the needless deaths of 100,000s of Americans.

MORE dead Americans have already died from COVID than died in WWI, Korean, Vietnam, Afghanistan and the Iraq Wars COMBINED. True. And a huge slab of them needlessly. Their blood and their loss, is firmly on Trump's pudgy fingers for pretending this was not an issue of concern to the USA.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=covid+death+toll+in+new+zealand

Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

snowy12 wrote:
22 Nov 2020 11:10
From what I can ascertain more US citizens have died of Covid-19 ,than all the US soldiers that died in WWII

Some record Mr. Trump

Not yet.

407,316 US service members were killed in WWII. Although if you limit the definition of “soldiers” to just infantrymen and marines it would be closer.

BC

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

I read somewhere recently that there could be a case for Trump to be charged with negligent homicide for his handling of the pandemic once he is out of the White House.

Apparently he ticks all the boxes for that crime but whether it ever eventuates may be a bridge too far particularly if he manages to pardon himself for past crimes and misdemeanours before Biden’s inauguration.

Also he could presumably only pardon himself for Federal not State crimes so I presume a State or States (Democrat leaning of course) would have to pursue that.
Tony

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Pretty sure no President can pardon HIMSELF for any crimes committed in office?

A FUTURE President can.

Based on Biden's summary of the wrecking ball childishness of the past week, Dumpy better not be counting on that path. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dumpies only long shot is to hand over to Pence a day before he goes, on the understanding Pence pardons him before they are both out the door.

As 80 MILLION Americans voted for Biden, you are looking at a Civil War mess if that occurred methinks.

bazza4338

Post by bazza4338 »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-22/joe-biden-to-face-cor ... n/12908598

Joe Biden to enter White House facing public health crisis, economy in tatters and divided US

(Excerpts)

While the world is transfixed by US President Donald Trump's refusal to concede the election, president-elect Joe Biden is facing a daunting 2021.

Biden's administration will inherit a public health crisis and an economic crisis.

According to the COVID Tracking Project, the United States is on track to record its worst month of the pandemic in November.

Despite Trump's repeated lies on the campaign trail that the virus was "going away", the country surpassed 12 million cases on Saturday after recording over 1 million new cases in a seven-day period.

Hospitalisations hit record highs nationally and reported COVID-19 deaths surpassed 255,400, according to Johns Hopkins University.

As the public health crisis worsens, the number of Americans who are filing for unemployment insurance for the first time is still extraordinarily high — more than 700,000 a week.

And roughly 12 million workers are set to lose their unemployment benefits on December 26 when their emergency stimulus payments are scheduled to end, unless Congress extends them.

"Put simply, the Biden administration faces a troubled economy the likes of which haven't been seen in US history," writes R. Andrew Butters, assistant professor of business economics at Indiana University, in a piece for The Conversation published last week.

Biden has said he will prioritise the public health crisis, and he wants to pursue far more stimulus spending.

But Congress controls taxing and spending decisions and he will only be able to accept or veto laws they pass, so his stimulus plans may be stymied.

"A split Congress (as is likely) suggests less, rather than more, fiscal support," Kim Mundy, a senior economist and currency strategist at Commonwealth Bank, wrote to clients this month.

"If history serves as a guide to the future, Republicans are less supportive of fiscal stimulus when in opposition.

"[But] the longer the US economy takes to recover, the greater the chance economic damage becomes permanent.

"This is why delays to providing fiscal support can be costly."

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

I see the Trump campaign have requested a second recount in Georgia. Unfortunately the taxpayers in that State will have to pay the costs for this even though it will end up nowhere.

Perhaps in the future they will pass legislation to require the party challenging the result to foot the entire cost for this as most other States have :idea:
Tony

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Tony as I understand it, the requesting party DOES pay for such stupidity.

A large slush fund from the Brain Dead Lemmings they have created, covers this pointless stuff. And the $20,000 a day for Hair Dye Guiliani. :!: :!: :!:

Cill Dara

Post by Cill Dara »

201120203951-02-trump-wants-us-to-believe-the-impossible-opinion-galant-exlarge-169.jpg

Return to “'The Water Cooler' - A relaxing and FUN place to let off some steam ......”