WANTED TO BUY: Basutoland revenues

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

hansboyca
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

WANTED TO BUY: Basutoland revenues

Post by hansboyca »

I recently discovered that Basutoland created very beautiful revenue stamps. However, I've been unable to find out anything about them - not even what denominations were created. I've only been able to find images of two denominations below.

I'd like to buy MNH Basutoland revenue stamps, either pre-decimal or decimal currency (if the latter even exist), but not overprinted, as in these examples. And I would very much like more information on them, if anyone should have some. Does anyone have some in his collection for display?

Thank you!
Attachments
Basutoland.JPG
British colonial engraved pictorials, 1953-c.1960: Give me the best, not the rest :P

RevRed+
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Re: WANTED TO BUY: Basutoland revenues

Post by RevRed+ »

Hi hansboyca.

Please use the Place Inline button to insert your images. This avoids the ugly white border and the word "ATTACHMENTS" at the top.

See: Test and post your images direct onto June 2020 NEW Stampboards

https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90770
Red.

David Benson
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

Post by David Benson »

Have you checked Ebay.

There are some listed and some sold,

David B.

hansboyca

Post by hansboyca »

Thank you for the tip, David! Yes, I've signed up for automatic notifications about new revenue stamps on eBay. Not much pops up there, I'm afraid - mostly Southern Rhodesian revenues. Actually, I see them so often now, I'm beginning to grow quote fond of them :lol:
British colonial engraved pictorials, 1953-c.1960: Give me the best, not the rest :P

Return to “WANTED TO BUY by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories etc.”