Northwich Philatelic Society - Cheshire

Feel free to start a specific forum on *YOUR* club. List out where you meet - and WHEN. Outline how to join, how to contact the club, the name of your journal and post entire contents of each journal if you wish - with photos! All **FREE**. Societies are the backbone of the hobby and we are delighted to support them as much as we can.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

JonEboy
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Northwich Philatelic Society - Cheshire

Post by JonEboy »

Northwich Philatelic Society holds meetings regularly between July and May each year, with a break in the summer to allow us to all go off to foreign climes and send back philatelically contrived covers from foreign lands :D .

The season starts with a summer barbecue which is traditionally held in July and features a Chairmans evening, two members evenings where we can display pages and two auctions a year.

The 2013-14 season schedule is as follows:

20th July : Summer Barbecue
10th September : Mr Les Pearcy – Czechoslovakia – pre stamp to World War II
8th October : Mr Mike Roberts – Philately will get you nowhere – the pitiful waste of life of a Chronic Stampaholic
29th October : Mr Richard Stock – Southern African Campaigns
12th November : Annual General Meeting and mini auction
10th December : Chairman’s Evening
12th November : Annual General Meeting and mini auction

14th January : New Year Party and Annual Competition
11th February : Mr Howard Hughes – The Maltese Cross
11th March : Dr David Sigee – Development of the Royal Mail
8th April : Mr John Mayne – Togo – The First German Colony 1884-1914
29th April : Annual Auction
13th May : Members Club Evening, Letters M&N (an up to six sheet display)

We have recently gained a website which can be found here

Anyone if welcome to attend any or all of our meetings and full details are on the website.

Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
http://www.barbadosstamps.co.uk
DaveR

Re: Northwich Philatelic Society - Cheshire

Post by DaveR »

Jon.

Is the Northwich Society still affiliated to the North Western Federation?

http://nwfedps.org/

If so, they have a broken link to Northwich. Contact the webmaster - email address at bottom of NW Fed page.

Cheers - Dave.
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Thanks Dave, they are still affiliated however....the link previously went to a page for the late Dr John Wriggles who sadly passed away prematurely last year. I guess they didn't know what to do other than to remove it. I'll drop them a line now.

Thanks

Jon

EDIT: Just checked and they are all dead links :shock: Looks like a sitewide problem to which they are now alerted!
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
phrag99
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by phrag99 »

Jon, I live too far away to become a member, but there are a couple of meetings I might like to attend, next year, weather depending.

So, where and at what time do you meet?

Incidentally, Richard Stock's exhibit is just marvellous. Has he given you his Sudan campaign presentation?

Alan
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Hi Alan,

Yes, Richard was brilliant and one of the best speakers this season so far. In terms of meetings you will of course be welcome, just check out the "how to find us tab" on the website for the location and they all start at 7.30pm.

If you are coming the mail me and I'll meet you beforehand.

Oh and it was only the Boer presentation, maybe Sudan next time?

Jon
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Just a quick bump to let people know that the meeting next Tuesday evening is the Annual Auction and there are usually one or two bargains to be had on the night.

If anyone fancies coming then the directions are on the website http://www.northwichphilatelicsociety.co.uk/ along with photos from all the recent displays we have had. The last one was Togo - The first German Colony by John Mayne and he turned up with the same display I'd seen at spring Stampex which was quite a treat.

All are welcome. :D

Jon
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

It's been a while since I bumped this thread but probably worth doing again as at our AGM last week I was installed as Chairman for the year :shock:

What this means is that apart from having to chair the meetings for a year I also have to put on the Chairman's Evening in December which is traditionally either a presentation from me on any subject I like or I can invite anyone to come and share their collection.

If, therefore, anyone reading this has about 12 frames (144 sheets) they fancy sharing with our members on 13th December please feel free to message me directly.

On the off chance that most of you are too far away to help, please feel free to bump this thread on Philately and the Internet which may have to form the backbone of what I show.

Anyone who is anywhere close to Northwich at any point in the next year, please feel free to check out our meeting dates and if you are in the area you would be given a very warm welcome.

Jon
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

It's been an awfully long time since I bumped this thread but as I've just uploaded the new season programme to the website it's probably worth it.

Next season we will have a decent range of guest speakers, so something for everyone, and for anyone in the vicinity of Northwich you can see all the new dates here.

For those who don't like to click on links here's what we will be up to...

15th June Summer BBQ
10th September Members Evening – Letters I & J
24th September Mr V. Green – A life in philately
8th October Mr P. Wharmby – Cindarellas
29th October Annual General Meeting and Bring, Buy & Exchange
12th November Chairman’s Evening
December No meeting
14th January New Year Party and Annual Competition
11th February Mr D. Crewe – Development of Imperial Airways (NB – This meeting is at 2pm)
11th March Members’ Evening – What’s New?
8th April Mr N. Wragg – Swiss Railways
29th April Auction
13th May Mr G. Wadley – Channel Islands – The Occupation Years 1940-45

All meetings normally start at 19:30 (bar the one in February) and the location is at the St John’s Church Centre, School Lane, Hartford, Northwich CW8 1NP.

Jon

PS - As every thread needs an image, here's a shot taken this week of some of the members examining material in our 'What's New' display...
Members of Northwich Philatelic Society
Members of Northwich Philatelic Society
And here's some of what was new...
PNG Covers
PNG Covers
PNG Covers
PNG Covers

Return to “CLUBS - This is YOUR Club space to use however you wish - please add your details!”