WANTED - The Postal History and Philately of Lord Howe Island, NSW (3rd edition, 2007)

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Viking
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

WANTED - The Postal History and Philately of Lord Howe Island, NSW (3rd edition, 2007)

Post by Viking »

I am wanting to purchase a copy of this catalogue please. Has anyone got a spare one?
5-118.jpg
Catweazle
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: WANTED - The Postal History and Philately of Lord Howe Island, NSW (3rd edition, 2007)

Post by Catweazle »

One sold in Ace Stamp Auctions' Sale #33 for $30 - you could always ask Ian if he's able to pass on your contact details to the buyer in the hope that you can make the seller a generous offer?

Keep an eye out on Status International - they had the booklets catalogue appear in auction a while ago and something might pop up in the near future.

If it helps, try checking auctions via the likes of PhilaSearch from time to time. If I see one pop up for sale, I'll let you know.

Alternatively, there are some in libraries across the country, for example in the Main Reading Room of the National Library. Could your local organise a temporary inter-library loan? Just a thought I had, although I see that you're out to buy, not to borrow!
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
Viking

Re: WANTED - The Postal History and Philately of Lord Howe Island, NSW (3rd edition, 2007)

Post by Viking »

Thank you very much Catweasle. I was the buyer of Ian's copy. I was a little disappointed in the catalogue as I was expecting it to have the detail of the 1st catalogue issued in it but it only dealt, superficially, with the Courier Post issues.
towradji
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by towradji »

Probably because Dodgy Bill stole the original manuscript from Bert Mendelson. This update focussed on his courier mail which is his own work

Bert was a prolific collector of Norfolk Island & LHI

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”