The Spirit of Cinderella(s) stamps - show your favourites?

We all have and handle these from time to time. "Back of book", Revenues, "Cinderellas", duty stamps and all kinds of other stamp like labels. Discuss them all HERE!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Panterra
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: The Spirit of Cinderella(s) - your favourites?

Post by Panterra »

adam78 wrote:
patg wrote:
stampmogul wrote:A cinderella way off centre, but good looking anyway.

"Dodgy delivery" would be closer.

Sold to the gullable at a high price.
Who knows, it may one day increase in value.

Mogul:

Looks interesting. Any history: where, when & why?? Looks oldish but printing looks new.
Are you the gullible one? If so, we've probably all been there once (or twice). :lol:

patg
Quite a few Westons winery stamps were issued. They are based in Dunedin, NZ.

The RPSNZ Library actually holds a copy of The Wine Post Handbook 1982-95, 30 pages.

Adam
On a recent visit to Dunedin, I spent a pleasant day as guest of Geoff Weston, the proprietor of the Winepost. He is a winemaker (and is in the Guinness Book of records as "the most southerly winemaker in the world").

He started his Wine Post because the NZ Post Office was giving him strife over freighting bottles of wine, both within NZ and around the globe. So now he charges his clients "wineage" (= postage), and affixes his own special stamps, and sends them via a courier firm which is happy to deliver parcels with his stamps affixed.

Princestamps
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by Princestamps »

A couple more of high quality issues from Taniquah, who celebrated the Bicentenary of their Royal Family. This image shows stamps being used on cover, with Taniquah's unique postal cachet on the stamps

Catweazle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Catweazle »

I've always been rather fond of the 1924 Everest Expedition cinderella:

new12collector
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by new12collector »

A personal favourite: Image

patg

Post by patg »

new12collector wrote:A personal favourite: Image
Very striking labels (or unissued essays?). J Carre Mazelin was a well known stamp designer / engraver for many countries.

I did find this info: (was in French) Google TX :lol:
Thumbnails of the Centennial Exhibition the first French stamp from 1 to 12 June 1949.
Printed during the exhibition, there are 12 thumbnails ( they showed color trials)
(full game) :shock: ?? reproducing the poster exhibition.

Thanks for showing,
patg
:D "I don't have a lot - But I like what I got" :D

stampmogul
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by stampmogul »

For so many cinderella collectors on STAMPBOARDS there have been numerous questions concerning interesting items.

As an aid to year issued, colours produced, general description, if released in sheets, & retail value of each item there are significent catalogues in existance.

This one relates specificently to New Zealand, & I found one item I posess retails at many, many multitudes of the price I paid for my copy. Well worth the $20 purchase price in 2002.

Might be of interest inquiring what catalogues exist for the cinderellas of your country collection.

stampmogul

Post by stampmogul »

Fire Prevention.
These happen to be from USA, and were released in different years with the same pictures.

stampmogul

Post by stampmogul »

The USA spends a considerable amount on the promotion of fire prevention.
I recall a stamp with "smokey the bear" up a burnt tree, and there are numerous cinderellas.

The circular "prevent bush fires" was undoubtably an Australian sticker.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

^ I'd suggest Australia could benefit from a similar anti-bushfire stamp campaign!

Anyone on speaking terms with the Postmaster-General?

honza

Post by honza »

Ahoj everyone!

Does anyone know who produced these labels?

They were on the back of a registered letter from SHKODËR in Albania to TROPPAU (OPAVA) in Czechoslovakia in 1934.

They bear the initials PVV surrounded by 14 European flags. The Albanian flag is not among them, which suggests they came from abroad. There were close links with Italy at the time.

The cover itself is interesting in that it has a BARI (Italy) transit stamp and a BOLOGNA - TARVISO TPO postmark on the back.

Cheers,

Honza

douglas5102
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by douglas5102 »

I found this local post stamp which I intend to use in my local post cinderella of the US exhibit, can anyone tell me how many are out there? I could only find 2 the one I will be buying and another which costs too much.

can anyone tell me more, as there is not that much infomation.

patg

Post by patg »

They are listed in my (old) Michel German Specialized under "Deutsche Marine-Shiffspost" (German Navy Ship Post). unused at 250Dm, used 500Dm.

patg

douglas5102

Post by douglas5102 »

patg wrote:They are listed in my (old) Michel German Specialized under "Deutsche Marine-Shiffspost" (German Navy Ship Post). unused at 250Dm, used 500Dm.

patg
Do you think they would fit into a exhibit titled "local post cinderillas of the united states"? as it is from Hamburg American I feel it would fit, what do you think? I am attempting to find US local posts that are not largley available to try to help me in the rariety section of judging.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Hi Douglas, I doubt that one would qualify as a "USA local" as they were German stamps used on ships around the Caribbean.

But if you ever find one on a cover, I would be happy to buy it from you!

mako
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by mako »

I don't collect Cinderellas , but I have ended up with some, through buying collections, and some that I have no idea where they came from… they seem to have just appeared in boxes and albums over the years ☺

Here's an unknown sheet of crudely printed and perforated "things." I have no idea what they are, but I like the almost "home-made" spirit....

They appear to show scenes around Czechoslovakia, date unknown.
Dead image link deleted by moderator

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Captain Scott centenary set, issued 2013 by the North Otago Philatelic Club in Oamaru, New Zealand.

This is the full set of six cinderellas, issued by the local stamp club in Oamaru (the city where Scott's ship returning from the Antarctic first made landfall, and parked off the coast, sending two men ashore to send a telegram to London announcing the fate of Scott & his companions on the ice.)

The club was annoyed that the NZ Post would not bother to do a commemorative stamp issue, so took matters into their own hands (as brave philatelists are often wont to do!)

Here is the newspaper coverage:
https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/north-otago/244687/marking-news-scotts-fate

Anybody wanting to buy these can contact
North Otago Philatelic Club,
1 Stour Street,
Oamaru,
New Zealand 9400.

email: ted.grenfell@xtra.co.nz

douglas5102

Post by douglas5102 »

My local post stamp went into space the cover with my local posts first stamp the "postmaster issue" with three other covers went into space to the International Space Station. I made it to the space station for mission ISS-33 yes it was on a stamp, but technically the stamp with my picture represents me so I made it to outer space.

The cover and letter has three cancels the red one is the official Russian space postmark, the circle blue postmark is of the Russian space agency the writing on the face is the Soyouz space ship code, the octagone blue cancel is the proof that the cover was on board of the space station. The astronaut Yuri will sign the cover and letter and I will recieve it some time in April and will post it here.

Not Bruce
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by Not Bruce »

Just sorting-out my next auction lots for Sunday, here's a few that fit the bill...

All dead image links deleted by moderator

These will all be for sale btw :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Looking for Revenues, Railways and Cinderellas? Weekly auctions on eBay with over 300 curious new lots every week...Website: http://www.ibredguy.com

HalfpennyYellow
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by HalfpennyYellow »

I really like this one :) :
Not Bruce wrote:Dead image link deleted by moderator
The flags remind me of a similar Malta label from 1941 which I had already posted on page 5 of this thread (I think you sold one of these some time ago):
Collecting worldwide postage and revenue stamps - focusing on Malta, British Commonwealth and revenues in general

Not Bruce

Post by Not Bruce »

HalfpennyYellow wrote:I really like this one :) :
Not Bruce wrote:Dead image link deleted by moderator
The flags remind me of a similar Malta label from 1941 which I had already posted on page 5 of this thread (I think you sold one of these some time ago):
I'll see your Malta and raise you a Rhodesia...

Looking for Revenues, Railways and Cinderellas? Weekly auctions on eBay with over 300 curious new lots every week...Website: http://www.ibredguy.com

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Occussi-Ambeno 2013 Centenary of Tibet's independence.

My latest cinderella, which will ensure I never get a visa to enter the airports of the cruel occupying country, China.

Occussi-Ambeno will issue a commemorative stamp on 13th February 2013, to celebrate the centenary of Tibet's independence, announced the Postmaster-General, Sir Hantuk Belagar, today.

The special stamp is a joint-issue with West Papua, which is issuing a similar stamp. Special first day covers with both stamps affixed and datestamped will be available at $5 per cover. Only 100 joint FDCs are being produced.

The full-colour stamp is being printed in miniature sheets of eight. It shows a Tibetan with facepaint of the flag of Tibet. The stamp is valued at 30 cents (rate for inland letters in the Sultanate), and price for a full minisheet is $2.40.

In the lower margins of the sheet is this text:

Tibet was declared independent in a proclamation by His Holiness, the Dalai Lama XIII on February 13, 1913. "We are a small, religious, and independent nation," the proclamation continued. For the next 36 years, Tibet enjoyed de facto independence. Tibet issued its own postage stamps from 1912 on. In October 1950, China invaded the Tibetan province of Chamdo, defeating the Tibetan army. In 1951, Tibetan representatives participated in negotiations in Beijing with the Chinese. This resulted in a Seventeen Point Agreement, which formalised China's sovereignty over Tibet. This was widely regarded as being a Chinese-imposed treaty. In 1959, China's ongoing violations of the 17 Point Agreement led to the Lhasa Uprising. The Dalai Lama XIV fled to India, and Chinese oppression increased. Genocide and ecological destruction are among the crimes blamed on China. The Dalai Lama continues to urge negotiation and non-violence.

Collectors wishing to buy this stamp may purchase them from any Occussi-Ambeno Post Office or embassy, or from the Occussi-Ambeno Overseas Philatelic Bureau,
P.O. Box 876, Auckland, New Zealand 1140. Please add an allowance for return postage to your order.

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

Panterra wrote:Image
Captain Scott centenary set, issued 2013 by the North Otago Philatelic Club in Oamaru, New Zealand.

This is the full set of six cinderellas, issued by the local stamp club in Oamaru (the city where Scott's ship returning from the Antarctic first made landfall, and parked off the coast, sending two men ashore to send a telegram to London announcing the fate of Scott & his companions on the ice.)

The club was annoyed that the NZ Post would not bother to do a commemorative stamp issue, so took matters into their own hands (as brave philatelists are often wont to do!)

Here is the newspaper coverage:
https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/north-otago/244687/marking-news-scotts-fate

Anybody wanting to buy these can contact
North Otago Philatelic Club,
1 Stour Street,
Oamaru,
New Zealand 9400.

email: ted.grenfell@xtra.co.nz

They have outdone themselves with this set, real high quality, if it was Occussi Ambeno printing them, they need to be praised.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Princestamps wrote:
Panterra wrote:Image

They have outdone themselves with this set, real high quality, if it was Occussi Ambeno printing them, they need to be praised.
Oh, thank you, kind Sir, for your fullsome praise!

But stamps are ALWAYS only as good as their designer. This set has great designs!

- the Occussi-Ambeno Government Printer.

ajpower
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by ajpower »

...Just sorting-out my next auction lots for Sunday, here's a few that fit the bill...

Victoria needs cheering-up I think...

The Canadian 'Dead Letter' stamp is hardly a Cinderella. It's an officially sealed stamp as real as any air mail or postage due, etc. Worth some good money too.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

^ but it does NOT have a "denomination" shown, and is not listed in the standard catalogues. Therefore, it is a cinderella!

Lots of cinderellas fetch big prices. Just take a look at the auction realisations of the Cinderella Stamp Club in UK.

ajpower

Post by ajpower »

Panterra wrote:^ but it does NOT have a "denomination" shown, and is not listed in the standard catalogues. Therefore, it is a cinderella!

Lots of cinderellas fetch big prices. Just take a look at the auction realisations of the Cinderella Stamp Club in UK.

Yes, it is listed in The Unitrade Specialized Catalogue of Canadian Stamps. If that's not good enough for you I am Snow White. Ever heard of the 'back of the book'? Cinderellas get on an envelope to send a message to people, no further explanation.

patg

Post by patg »

ajpower wrote:...Just sorting-out my next auction lots for Sunday, here's a few that fit the bill...

Victoria needs cheering-up I think...

The Canadian 'Dead Letter' stamp is hardly a Cinderella. It's an officially sealed stamp as real as any air mail or postage due, etc. Worth some good money too.
$3200 if crazy lucky enough to find used on cover! :D I don't care what you call it, it's a bold and finely engraved issue!

Not Bruce

Post by Not Bruce »

Nearly forgot to mention this one (although not really a Cinderella) it's has to be the smallest official revenue stamp ever used...

Image link inactive. Removed by moderator

Looks reassuringly large on this scan but it's actually just 10mm x15mm, used by South African courts during WW2 to save paper... strangely enough not many have survived which also makes this a very rare revenue too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Free Vinland Republic 2013, Ron Hubbard 102nd birthday set.

Free Vinland’s first stamp issue of 2013, on March 13th, 2013, celebrates the 102nd birthday of the renowned science-fiction author and philosopher, L. Ron Hubbard.

Born on 13th March 1911, he developed a self-help system called dianetics, which was first published in 1950 (shown on the 30c stamp). He subsequently developed his ideas into a wide-ranging set of doctrines and rituals called scientology. His writings became the guiding texts for the Church of Scientology, addressing such subjects as business administration, literacy, and drug rehabilitation. He was an officer in the US Navy during World War II, where he commanded two ships. As a lieutenant, he served aboard the USS Algol from 2 December 1943 to 28 September 1944. He was part of her commissioning crew and served as the ship’s navigation and training officer as well as the Chief Ship’s Censor.

Apart from writing numerous acclaimed science-fiction books (including the classic Battlefield Earth, an epic set in the year 3000 AD, shown on the $1.65 stamp, which was later made into a movie starring John Travolta), he was a pioneering explorer, world traveller, and nuclear physicist, with expertise in a wide range of disciplines including photography, art, poetry, and philosophy.

In 1967, he established the Sea Org, with three ships, the Diana, the Athena, and the Apollo, and he lived at sea for much of the next few years. The Sea Org moved to land bases in 1975.

Hubbard is the Guinness World Record holder for the most published author, with 1,084 works, most translated book (70 languages for The Way to Happiness) and most audiobooks (185 as of April 2009). According to Galaxy Press, Hubbard's Battlefield Earth has sold over 6 million copies and Mission Earth a further 7 million, with each of its ten volumes becoming New York Times bestsellers on their release.

honza

Post by honza »

Ahoj again!

This is a local Prague cover with three cinderellas on the back, each individually numbered. I am guessing they are actresses from La Belle Epoque. Can anyone confirm that?

FRANCISKA GIZELLA

BORISKA BELLA

ETELKA EMMA

I wonder why they were individually numbered.

Cheers,

Honza

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

^ Nice idea having all stamps individually numbered!

This would encourage collectors to keep EVERY example they found, rather than just keep one and exchange the rest! (Oops, hope Skyver and Stamperija are not reading this . . . )

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

East Turkestan 2013 Ron Hubbard's ships set.

East Turkestan celebrates L. Ron Hubbard.

Starting in the 20th century, Uyghur separatists and their supporters used East Turkestan (or Uyghurstan) for the former Xianjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. They reject the name of Xinjiang (Sinkiang) because of a Chinese perspective reflected in the name and prefer East Turkestan to emphasize connection to other westerly Turkic groups. However, even in nationalist writing, East Turkestan retains its older, more narrow geographical meaning.

East Turkestan’s first stamp issue, on March 13th, 2013, celebrates the 102nd birthday of the renowned science-fiction author and philosopher, L. Ron Hubbard.

Born on 13th March 1911, he developed a self-help system called dianetics, which was first published in 1950. He subsequently developed his ideas into a wide-ranging set of doctrines and rituals called scientology. His writings became the guiding texts for the Church of Scientology, addressing such subjects as business administration, literacy, and drug rehabilitation.

He was an officer in the US Navy during World War II, where he commanded two ships. As a lieutenant, he served aboard the USS Algol (shown on the 500y stamp) from 2 December 1943 to 28 September 1944. He was part of her commissioning crew and served as the ship’s navigation and training officer as well as the Chief Ship’s Censor.

Apart from writing numerous acclaimed science-fiction books (including the classic Battlefield Earth, an epic set in the year 3000 AD, which was later made into a movie starring John Travolta), he was a pioneering explorer, world traveller, and nuclear physicist, with expertise in a wide range of disciplines including photography, art, poetry, and philosophy.

In 1967, he established the Sea Org, with three ships, the Diana, the Athena, and the Apollo (the latter shown on the 2500y stamp), and he lived at sea for much of the next few years. The Sea Org moved to land bases in 1975.

Hubbard is the Guinness World Record holder for the most published author, with 1,084 works, most translated book (70 languages for The Way to Happiness) and most audiobooks (185 as of April 2009). According to Galaxy Press, Hubbard's Battlefield Earth has sold over 6 million copies and Mission Earth a further 7 million, with each of its ten volumes becoming New York Times bestsellers on their release.

The stamps are printed in small miniature sheets of 8, with four of each value.

figmente

Post by figmente »

I didn't realize that L Ron Hubbard sci-fi book sales were that strong.

As a sci-fi reader, I have sampled some, and consider them crap.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

^ I suspect that a lot of the large sales figures are caused by all the members getting directives from the pulpit to BUY THIS BOOK!

So they all have impressive libraries of der Fuhrer's works on their bookshelves. Whether those books are read or not is unclear.

But I am a big fan of "Battlefield Earth" -- an amazing story! The movie that was made (from only the first half of the book) however, is rated as one of the ten worst films of all time.

(Probably because viewers who haven't read the book found it really hard to understand, and were disturbed by the amount of violence used by the aliens on the poor little Earthlings.)

HalfpennyYellow

Post by HalfpennyYellow »

I got this cover from a French Delcampe seller with a Michel Levy Europe cinderella last January:
Does anybody have any info about the cinderella?
Collecting worldwide postage and revenue stamps - focusing on Malta, British Commonwealth and revenues in general

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Taniquah: 30th April, 2013: 37th Birthday of His Majesty, King Utiku IV.

Taniquah 2013 King’s Birthday

His Majesty, King Utiku IV was born to King Utiku III and his Queen Margaret Bernadette in the Royal Palace, Potaka, on 30th April 1976. He was originally the second son of the king, but the first son, Prince Hemi, lost his title as it seemed the King and Queen were not officially married until three weeks after his birth.

Taniquah struggled during the reign of the King’s father as the Queen and both Princes were forced into exile in New Zealand four months after His Majesty's birth. It was not a nice time, but the Prince was educated in the Kiwi education system and unlike previous rulers, he was raised to speak English rather than Maori. This was on the urging of the Queen, who was a New Zealander by birth and not a Maori from Taniquah.

He excelled at school particularly in the Social Sciences and Maths, and when he was 12 masterminded a revolution to retake Taniquah by force. On the 8th of October 1988, he and several army officers overthrew King Utiku III who was forced into exile and Crown Prince Tane declared himself King Utiku IV, but making his mother Queen Margaret the regent until he turned 18 on April 30th 1994. Reforms were promptly enacted and all prisoners freed and put to useful work. Taniquah went through a rapid modernisation programme and English was made an official language in addition to Maori. He also married Shamika Madonna Rikirangi, and she became Queen Shamika. The royal couple have a son and daughter. The son, Prince Nelson Potaka Utiku is now 13 and doing his studies in the United States at Paisley Park College. They also have a daughter, Princess Madonna Lourdes Potaka who is 9 and she stays on the island. The King has wisely decreed that both royal children will complete university before assuming their Royal duties. He is tired of weak and ineffectual rulers like his father and grandfather and wants the kingdom to have capable rulers like the first three kings, particularly Arapeta who ruled back in the 1920s.

The King went back to New Zealand for university training in 1995, and emerged in 2002 with a Master of Arts in Archaeology and later on took a teacher’s degree and also became ordained as a Catholic Priest in the see of Taniquah and Macaulay Island. The King modernised the bureaucracy and the standard of living inched past Samoa and up to the level of New Zealand. Universities and Museums were opened and oil wealth led to increased social spending.

The Queen Mother was retired in 2002 and she passed away from cancer in 2007. The island was plunged into mourning for three weeks. After this, it was business as usual and 2007 was notable for the inauguration of a parliament led by Prime Minister Lawrie Walkerstein from Israel. Thanks to his Jewish know-how he has made the island rich and before the passing of the marriage amendment act in New Zealand, Taniquah was a popular Pacific spot for gay marriages, as the King legalised it in 1997.

The 37th Birthday Celebration issue features Royal cats and shows the special place in the hearts of Taniquans for their feline companions. Taniquans feel ashamed by the poor treatment of cats and dogs on other Pacific Islands and by Maori in New Zealand. Hurting or abusing a cat or dog brings a six-month prison penalty on Taniquah and happy healthy felines are everywhere. If anything, Taniquans spoil their kitties as the photos show. The King has made subsidised veterinary care a priority. Cats are known as Putiputi or Ngeru in Taniquan Maori. Date of issue of these stamps is 30th April 2013. The stamps have been printed in full colour by the Imperial Occussi-Ambeno Government Printer, Baleksetung. Sets are available at $4.20, while attractive embossed First Day Covers bearing the full set are $4.70.

The stamps:
50 cents: Tequila is a purebreed Maine Coon. They are the largest domestic cats in the world and are known for their long almost waterproof coats, large and affectionate but very timid cats. They talk a lot and love attention. The Maine Coon is descended from ship cats and possibly even racoons in the 1600s. Tequila is nearly 7 years old, and a female.

70 cents: Panterra is a Tortoiseshell. A solitary but wilful cat, rather self-centred and quiet. She is an 8 year old female.

$1 and $2: Puppy and Millie are both Sphinx cats. Both have papers and are very rare cats. They have no fur at all and hence the name Sphinx, like the statue. Sphinxes are average sized and are very intelligent and friendly, and natural acrobats. Millie is 6 months old and female, while Puppy is 4 years old, and a male.

For more information on Taniquah, please visit their website:
https://sites.google.com/site/taniquah/

Collectors and others wishing to buy these stamps can contact any Post Office in Taniquah, or order through the
Taniquah Philatelic Bureau,
P.O. Box 377,
Auckland, New Zealand 1140.

Mint stamps are available at face value, while the minisheet (with two of each stamp plus two extras of the 50c) is $9.40. Please add an allowance for return postage to your order.

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

They look great. I have never seen sphynxes before on stamps. Might be a world first.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Princestamps wrote:They look great. I have never seen sphynxes before on stamps. Might be a world first.
I think Egypt had them on its early definitives, 1867 to 1890s. 8)

bear0001

Post by bear0001 »

Found the these in my collection ;

bear0001

If you build it , the will come !

bear0001

Post by bear0001 »

Here are some more from the USA ;

bear0001

If you build it , they will come !

bear0001

Post by bear0001 »

Another one from the USA ;

bear0001

If you build it , they will come !

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

Some of my favourite Cinderellas are those commemorating the pop star PRINCE.

To the uninitiated, PRINCE is from Minneapolis and he was born in 1958, he has released some 40 albums since 1978 and was famous for the 1984 smash - Purple Rain, which was the first time anyone had the #1 Single, album and movie in the same week (July 29 1984).

Prince plays 23 instruments and composes, arranges and produces all his own music and that for several protege acts. He has also composed big hits for other artists like the 1990 Smash "Nothing Compares 2 U" which made Sinead O'Connor a huge star and Manic Monday by the Beatles.

Prince at the age of nearly 55 is still recording music and tours regularly and these tours are sell outs making millions of dollars. Prince sells all his own music now mostly on the internet and limited release albums. Prince is a phenomenon and played 8 sold out shows in Australia last year. He is also my favourite artist in the whole world if you haven't worked it out.

Yet only 3 sets of cinderellas have ever shown him, even the wall paper gods of St Vincent and Guyana have not put Prince on a stamp. Its sad as lesser artist Michael Jackson has had dozens of dodgy stamp issues put out about him and even Guinea Bissau issued a "Ammy (sic) Winehouse" set in 2011.

Set One is from Taniquah, a small Maori kingdom in the Pacific, the King Utiku IV is huge fan as you can see here.

Apologies for the quality. I have access to many of them being the so called king and Postmaster general of "Taniquah". The set came out in 2007 and was Taniquah's first set since 1935. The stamps show Prince in 1979, 1981, 1991 and 2006.

2nd set - Unknown American local postage

Another nice set, images of Prince's face and his guitar playing, recent as face shot is Musicology (2004) era.

3rd set is also American

Again date is 2000s or later, it shows recent images of Prince, possibly 2007 Planet Earth era. Its also American and FV $1 meaning its possibly same producers as the second set.

This is all I can find so far. Hope you all like it.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

I just came across this strip of 3 World War 1 era War Loan cinderellas.

Money is a good soldier invest in the war loan.

They appear to be number 8 as part of a series and were printed by A.J. MULLETT. who was the Government Printer and printer of stamps.

Enjoy.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

member389845

Post by member389845 »

" I have access to many of them being the so called king and Postmaster general of "Taniquah". The set came out in 2007 and was Taniquah's first set since 1935. The stamps show Prince in 1979, 1981, 1991 and 2006."

Princestamps
Any change of getting more scans of Taniquah ites, so that I can include then in my CD Catalogue of Australasian Unofficials?
Ralph (member389845)

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

member389845 wrote:" I have access to many of them being the so called king and Postmaster general of "Taniquah". The set came out in 2007 and was Taniquah's first set since 1935. The stamps show Prince in 1979, 1981, 1991 and 2006."

Princestamps
Any change of getting more scans of Taniquah ites, so that I can include then in my CD Catalogue of Australasian Unofficials?
Ralph (member389845)

I work on it the next few days when I get sometime, by the way Panterra's company prints them and Taniquah is my fake country, we have only put out 8 or 9 issues. Roughly in order

1. Prince, 4 stamps and sheet - July 2007
2. Bears, 4 stamps and the sheet - September 2007
3. Knights Templar, 1 stamp and 2 versions - November 2007
4. Lenin, 4 stamps and 1 sheet - Feb 2008
5. Kings Birthday (Ie: Mine), 4 stamps and a sheet - Apr 2008
6. Lighthouses, 4 stamps and sheet - Feb 2009
7. Lawrie Walker (PM) birthday - April 1 2011 4 stamps and 1 sheet
8. Utiku Dynasty 200 years - 6 stamps and 1 sheet - March 2012
9. Cats, 4 stamps and sheet - April 30 2013

member389845

Post by member389845 »

Thanks for your list of issues.
It seems that I am missing only the sheets and all of the last two issues.

Ralph

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Here is the Taniquah set from March 2012: the bicentenary of the Utiku Dynasty:
Taniquah 2012 Bicentennial of the ruling Utiku Dynasty set.

His Majesty the King (aka Princestamps) is shown on the 10 heniti, and his illustrious ancestors on the other values.

Taniquah stamps are highly collectable, and rather elusive, as not a lot of mail is sent out from that island kingdom.

Panterra

Post by Panterra »

Princestamps wrote:Some of my favourite Cinderellas are those commemorating the pop star PRINCE.

To the uninitiated, PRINCE is from Minneapolis and he was born in 1958, he has released some 40 albums since 1978 and was famous for the 1984 smash - Purple Rain, which was the first time anyone had the #1 Single, album and movie in the same week (July 29 1984).

Prince plays 23 instruments and composes, arranges and produces all his own music and that for several protege acts. He has also composed big hits for other artists like the 1990 Smash "Nothing Compares 2 U" which made Sinead O'Connor a huge star and Manic Monday by the Beatles.

Prince at the age of nearly 55 is still recording music and tours regularly and these tours are sell outs making millions of dollars. Prince sells all his own music now mostly on the internet and limited release albums. Prince is a phenomenon and played 8 sold out shows in Australia last year. He is also my favourite artist in the whole world if you haven't worked it out.

Yet only 3 sets of cinderellas have ever shown him, even the wall paper gods of St Vincent and Guyana have not put Prince on a stamp. Its sad as lesser artist Michael Jackson has had dozens of dodgy stamp issues put out about him and even Guinea Bissau issued a "Ammy (sic) Winehouse" set in 2011.

Set One is from Taniquah, a small Maori kingdom in the Pacific, the King Utiku IV is huge fan as you can see here.

Apologies for the quality.
Here is a slightly less fuzzy photo of the Prince set:
Taniquah 2007 Celebrating PRINCE, musician extraordinaire.

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

For the benefit of those who have not seen Taniquahs issues, here they are in order.

1. Prince

Released on July 11 2007, shows Prince the musician in 1979 (30h), 1981 (60h), 1991 ($1), 2005 ($2).

The currency is 100 heniti = 1 taara $1.

2. Bears of the world

Released September 4th 2007 - 30h Black bear, 60h Brown Bear, $1 Polar Bear, $2 Human (Gay) Bear (It was an in joke, the man depicted kindly allowed his image to be donated for philatelic art) The bear on the $2 was my partner then and he still is now.

member389845

Post by member389845 »

Can you show us issues of other territories.
Thank you for the 2012 Dynasty scans.
Ralph

Return to “Cinderellas etc - all the stamps that are NOT regular postage stamp related”