Share your Irish postcards.

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: Justin, snaws, Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Re: Share your Irish postcards.

Post by Waffle »

Card from Northern Ireland The Causeway Coast.
Card from Northern Ireland The Causeway Coast.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of last card.
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of last card.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from myself from Cork  2019, on a pre-Covid cruise. I prefer Guinness as Murphys make me lie on my side too
Card from myself from Cork 2019, on a pre-Covid cruise. I prefer Guinness as Murphys make me lie on my side too

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Ireland (SOAR) on reverse of last card.
Stamp of Ireland (SOAR) on reverse of last card.

RevRed+
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by RevRed+ »

An Oliver Plunkett Street SOAR, I see. Nice.

Next time try a pint of Beamish - much nicer IMHO. :ugeek:
Red.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Ulster to my Youngest daughter from my sister. Carrick-a-Rede is a small inhabited island of the north coast of Co Antrim near Giants Causeway. It is connected to the mainland by a narrow suspension rope bridge. In the sea below thousands of Salmon stream during the spawning season from the Atlantic.
Card from Ulster to my Youngest daughter from my sister. Carrick-a-Rede is a small inhabited island of the north coast of Co Antrim near Giants Causeway. It is connected to the mainland by a narrow suspension rope bridge. In the sea below thousands of Salmon stream during the spawning season from the Atlantic.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of the last posted card.
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of the last posted card.

RevRed+

Post by RevRed+ »

Waffle - is Carrick-a-Rede inhabited??
Red.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Admittedly I have not been near the place for some 30 years,but, the last time I was up that way, there was a manned warning light for shipping, a house used by seasonal salmon fishermen and a small cottage used by the rope bridge guardians. I am not sure if the habitation is permanent or not.

Not terribly fond of Beamish. Grew up on Guinness. It was served to debilitated patients at the Royal Victoria Hospital and Belfast City Hospital during my student days. Some mysteriously found its way into the resident student's quarters as well-who would have believed it possible?

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card of Ballynahinch Castle Hotel Co Galway from my sister, on one of her frequent salmon fishing trips down south with her married boyfriend. They had carried on a 40 year affair. I put his head through a window at Woodvale cricket club house after some disparaging remarks about her. Sadly both were alcoholics and died from liver failure.
Card of Ballynahinch Castle Hotel Co Galway from my sister, on one of her frequent salmon fishing trips down south with her married boyfriend. They had carried on a 40 year affair. I put his head through a window at Woodvale cricket club house after some disparaging remarks about her. Sadly both were alcoholics and died from liver failure.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Ireland on reverse of previous card post.
Stamp of Ireland on reverse of previous card post.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Giant's Causeway Co. Antrim
Card from Giant's Causeway Co. Antrim

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of previous card posted.
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of previous card posted.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

P.C. A card from an original watercolour of Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in Co Galway where my sister frequently stayed on salmon fishing trips.
P.C. A card from an original watercolour of Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in Co Galway where my sister frequently stayed on salmon fishing trips.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Ireland on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Northern Ireland. Scrabo tower stands on a ridge top above the town of Newtownards in Co Down where my wife was born and lived until we married.
Card from Northern Ireland. Scrabo tower stands on a ridge top above the town of Newtownards in Co Down where my wife was born and lived until we married.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of above card.

RevRed+

Post by RevRed+ »

Scrabo Tower:
It just won't stand up!
It just won't stand up!

The View from Scrabo.
The View from Scrabo.

Red.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I think that it is just the height of the PC being more than the width confuses the computers selector as to which way is up.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card of Harvey's Point Country Hotel Co. Donegal from my sister on another attempted salmon fishing trip.
Card of Harvey's Point Country Hotel Co. Donegal from my sister on another attempted salmon fishing trip.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Carnfunnock Country Park near Larne Co.Antrim. Now there is a tongue twister for you. Was not there when we left in 1976.
Card from Carnfunnock Country Park near Larne Co.Antrim. Now there is a tongue twister for you. Was not there when we left in 1976.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card of Dublin's sights Sent by my sister on one of her frequent trips down south.
Card of Dublin's sights Sent by my sister on one of her frequent trips down south.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Ireland on reverse of the above card.
Stamp of Ireland on reverse of the above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

To follow a card from Ireland's capital, a card from Ulster's capital.
To follow a card from Ireland's capital, a card from Ulster's capital.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The U.K. on the reverse of the above card.
Stamp of The U.K. on the reverse of the above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Greetings from Dublin with the ubiqutous Molly Malone and the River Liffey's Halfpenny Bridge. Another from my sister.
Greetings from Dublin with the ubiqutous Molly Malone and the River Liffey's Halfpenny Bridge. Another from my sister.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Ireland on Reverse of the above card.
Stamp of Ireland on Reverse of the above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Composite card of Co.Down scenes Scrabo Tower, The Mourne Mountains and Donaghadee Lighthouse feature prominently.
Composite card of Co.Down scenes Scrabo Tower, The Mourne Mountains and Donaghadee Lighthouse feature prominently.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of above Card.
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of above Card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

No mare from dawn South, I gave most to Puffin as he collects postcards but I still have about 5 or 6 from Ulster. I will post the wide ones first.
Card from Northern Ireland The ruined 13th century Armagh Friary.
Card from Northern Ireland The ruined 13th century Armagh Friary.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of the U.K. on reverse of the above card.
Stamp of the U.K. on reverse of the above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card of Queens Universirt, Belfast at night best viewed from the top floor of the Students' Union across University Road.
Card of Queens Universirt, Belfast at night best viewed from the top floor of the Students' Union across University Road.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of above card.Sent by my 2 daughters, when they spent a tear working in Belfast 2010-2011. It cured them of any longing for their homeland!
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of above card.Sent by my 2 daughters, when they spent a tear working in Belfast 2010-2011. It cured them of any longing for their homeland!

snowy12
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by snowy12 »

Here are 4 Irish railway postcards from 1995 .
sor36.jpg
sor37.jpg
sor38.jpg
Brian
Life's too short - spend your money now, or someone else will!!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Marvellous cards. I am jealous and wish I had them!

Cullen
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by Cullen »

I love these postcards. I wonder how many were actually dispatched to the addressees.

eire 1.jpg

eire 2.jpg
eire 3.jpg
Cullen

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Sadly the last series of cards posted on this thread were never postally used. The next three nay well end up on their sides as they are taller rather than wide.
Card from Belfast, the clock on the Belfast Telegraph Office, afree card sent to all residents to promote Belfast.
Card from Belfast, the clock on the Belfast Telegraph Office, afree card sent to all residents to promote Belfast.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of the Belfast Telegraph Card. while still at school, primary and high, I delivered the 2 editions of the Tele(4PM & 6PM) in the streets round my father's shop for pocketmoney.
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of the Belfast Telegraph Card. while still at school, primary and high, I delivered the 2 editions of the Tele(4PM & 6PM) in the streets round my father's shop for pocketmoney.

RevRed+

Post by RevRed+ »

Cullen wrote:
12 Jan 2021 23:14
I love these postcards. I wonder how many were actually dispatched to the addressees.

Cullen
I've no idea. I kept mine for my collection! :D
Red.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Tall card of Mani entrance to Queens University Belfast, certain to turn on it's side.
Tall card of Mani entrance to Queens University Belfast, certain to turn on it's side.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Tall card from the Giants Causeway from my sister. It, tpp, will turn on it's side.
Tall card from the Giants Causeway from my sister. It, tpp, will turn on it's side.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Londonderry Sent by me to my children on my last ever visit to Ulster to settle my sisters estate.
Card from Londonderry Sent by me to my children on my last ever visit to Ulster to settle my sisters estate.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of U.K. on reverse of last post.
Stamp of U.K. on reverse of last post.

honza

Post by honza »

Ahoj everone!

Sadly I have never been to the Emerald Isle. but I do have a couple of postcards .

EIR  Cliffs of Moher Co Clare Ireland.jpg
Cliffs of Moher Co. Clare Ireland

Cheers,

Honza

honza

Post by honza »

and another

EIR Croagh Patrick from Westport Co.jpg
Croagh Patrick from Westport Co. Mayo

honza

Post by honza »

and finally a pre-independence one from Dublin, written in Esperanto and posted to Prague in the newly independent country of Czechoslovakia.

1309  The Liffey & Customs House.jpg
The Liffey and Customs House from O'Connell Bridge Dublin

1309a  GB  1920 Dublin card.jpg
Cheers,

Honza

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”