I have a starter collection of Berlin to trade.

Seek exchange partners here. List what you broadly have to exchange, and what you'd ideally like in return. No charge - totally **FREE** for stampboards members to use to use. Or GIVE away your spares. Try it out today!

Moderators: AMark, Canada stamper, Volunteer Moderator Team

Chkpoint Charlie
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

I have a starter collection of Berlin to trade.

Post by Chkpoint Charlie »

West Berlin starter collection to trade for???
I am making up a collection of postally used and mint never hinged stamps from my duplicates. I have mounted what I can on an incomplete sets of Scott pages housed in a Scott binder. If there isn’t a page to mount a stamp, it goes into an individual glassine envelope with its catalog number.

What sets this collection apart from others is that it only contains sound stamps. I screen all the stamps for faults making sure all the perforation teeth are intact! If even one hole is a little less than a full half circle, I consider it a nibbed perf and it goes into the discards. It is from these nice copies that I upgrade my own collection from and if I don’t replace my existing copy it goes into my stock book. On the MNH material I also weed out any fingerprints, gum kinks, and any other gum disturbances that I come across. USE YOUR TONGS!

Now it is only single stamps. I have it ready with total up the catalog value using 2022 Scotts values as a basis to trade with. Total catalog value is $2028.00

I also have more specialized material such as used multiples, margin copies, parts of booklet panes, covers etc. These I can add if you would like.

I am interested in postally used pre-1940 World Wide single stamps in the quality I mentioned above. Like for like as far as individual catalog values go. If you have any questions please contact me (gsmithrx7 at hotmail.com)

Gary Smith

Here are seven scans of some of the pages that have a total catalog value over $20
IMG_20220813_0001.jpg
IMG_20220813_0003.jpg
IMG_20220813_0004.jpg
IMG_20220813_0005.jpg
IMG_20220813_0006.jpg
IMG_20220813_0007.jpg
IMG_20220813_0008.jpg
I added some mint hinged stamps here and there where I did not have a used copy. After the break point in Scotts I valued this material at 40% of NH value. Let's make a nice trade! :D

Return to “SWAP your stamps and covers with other collectors Worldwide - or GIVE them away FREE!”