Can I close my profile or delete my old posts?

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Tom_Kr
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Can I close my profile or delete my old posts?

Post by Tom_Kr »

How do I close my profile?
ebay
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: You ask the questions - SOMEONE will have the answers!

Post by ebay »

Hi Tom,

I don't think that's possible, i guess if you don't want to use it anymore just log out and walk away.
You never know you might need to come back for one reason or another.

PS: You've only been a member for less then a week !!!!
Tom_Kr

Post by Tom_Kr »

Thank you for answering. This I find strange.

Ownership of personal profile, related comments etc. should solely belong to the individual member. Such a principle is overall normal, and are seen at for example YouTube and Facebook. Lately I deleted most of my posts and comments at the DesignSpark Mechanical forum, simply because I found them to be obsolete.

Mentioned YouTube is a fine example of freedom. You can edit, update and delete your own comments - and you can delete your profile if wished. This is how it should be.
ebay

Post by ebay »

Yes once an hour has elapsed you can no long edit or delete comments here.

I also believe any images of say stamps you've uploaded can then be used by whoever
once uploaded here them images belong to stampboards ( i might be wrong but 99% sure )
The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by The Pom »

In the Rules:

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2556

20. User's Grant of Limited License

While members in general terms, own the content and interest in their posts, posting on stampboards.com grants us the right to reproduce, or agree to have reproduced if we so approve, that content in any medium without notification or compensation. Members' posts cannot be legally printed or duplicated in any way by any third party, on the internet or elsewhere, without the consent of stampboards Admin, and with it clearly attributed to this source. Once you submit a post, you agree and accept stampboards.com has no obligation whatever to remove or edit that post's content, at any time - whether you remain a member or not, or whether you request it or not. Once posted, it stays part of the thread. Forever. So as always, only post images or text you are happy to stay here. Member handles are never deleted once approved, but you can readily stop any email from us or members - refer Rule 44. You specifically agreed to these - and our other terms - when you signed up.
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Tom_Kr wrote: 21 Sep 2022 01:18
I deleted most of my posts and comments at the DesignSpark Mechanical forum, simply because I found them to be obsolete.

Good for you. When I join the DesignSpark Mechanical forum I'll keep that in mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have only 2000 posts in total -- probably as folks like you run around deleting them -

https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/designspark-mechanical-forums?page=212

We have near 10 million posts here. Our boring (to you) rules work well, and theirs clearly do not.

Question answered, and thread locked.

Admin

Return to “New to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”