Wanted: 1900-1945 'kiloware' to enliven schoolroom history lessons

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

drh
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Wanted: 1900-1945 'kiloware' to enliven schoolroom history lessons

Post by drh »

Hi

I'm after a nice pile of early stuff covering the Morocco and Balkan crises, the rise of Fascism, Great War issues, German hyperinflation dross, Hitler issues etc.

I'd like to use them in some upcoming classes I have, give them to the students etc.

If anyone can point me towards good (and cheap!) early kiloware dealers on eBay that would be great please.
Last edited by Global Admin on 03 Jun 2024 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expanded rather vague heading, to make sense to members and moved to CORRECT Forum
Catweazle
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Wanted: 1900-1945 kiloware to enliven history lessons

Post by Catweazle »

This could be an excellent idea for primary source analysis - is that what you had in mind?

I should be inspired by your wisdom, especially since my students are studying the same historical period.

I'll keep an eye out on up coming auction lots on eBay or elsewhere. Perhaps we could go halvies in something that suits us both.

What was the budget you had in mind for this pedagogical project - under, say, $20?
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Re: Wanted: 1900-1945 'kiloware' to enliven schoolroom history lessons

Post by The Pom »

Rather than in kiloware form, I suspect such material is more likely to be found in "Stockbook of collector's duplicates" type lots.
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

Return to “WANTED by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories or images etc.”