Philatelic Contacts Needed in Bahamas, Somalia, Sahel Countries, etc.

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Phila-Tourist
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Philatelic Contacts Needed in Bahamas, Somalia, Sahel Countries, etc.

Post by Phila-Tourist »

I collect registered covers with registration receipt (proof of posting) from all countries in the world. Over the years I have succeeded in obtaining such covers from almost all countries, territories and entities that currently issue their own postage stamps, or have done so in the past 20 or 30 years. I have obtained most covers by travelling personally to the territory in question.
A random selection of four registered covers with registration receipt that I posted to myself from Equatorial Guinea, Afghanistan, Barbuda and Madagascar
A random selection of four registered covers with registration receipt that I posted to myself from Equatorial Guinea, Afghanistan, Barbuda and Madagascar
However, there are still a handful of territories that I have not yet visited and where I have been unable to find a local contact who could have sent me a cover.

If you live in, travel to, or have a reliable contact (ideally with some philatelic knowledge and skills) in any of the following territories, please get in touch with me. The same applies if by some coincidence you possess a registered cover with registration receipt from there that you are willing to sell:
  • Bahamas
  • Burkina Faso
  • Chad
  • Niger
  • Niuafo'ou
  • Somalia (including Somaliland and Puntland)
  • All territories of Georgia or Ukraine controlled, occupied or annexed by the Russian Federation that have issued their own postage stamps
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Philatelic Contacts Needed in Bahamas, Somalia, Sahel Countries, etc.

Post by Global Admin »

What a cool project - hope we can track you down some help. :)

Visiting North Borneo in January and visit Sabah and Brunei if they are any good. :mrgreen:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
Phila-Tourist

Post by Phila-Tourist »

Thanks, looks like you will be travelling in my footsteps. I did a loop from Brunei to Labuan, Sabah, Sarawak and back into BSB a few years ago. I thus managed to expand my collection of Malaysian state registered covers franked only with the 'correct' regional (state) definitives. Not easy because post offices rarely have these stamps in stock. Labuan was an extra bonus because it is a federally administered territory and together with Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya forms a distinct, stamp-issuing sub-'country'.

Now I still need 'pure' registered state covers (no mix with other stamps) from Kedah, Perlis and Terengganu.

You will enjoy Brunei I hope. Oil-rich, but low-key. Unlike some of its cousins in the Persian Gulf the citizens of Brunei are welcoming, helpful and refreshingly free of hubris, and have maintained a genuine national identity and culture. Plenty of small, friendly branch post offices:
2011 registered cover from Sengkurong, Brunei
2011 registered cover from Sengkurong, Brunei
nasia

Post by nasia »

Hi,

Interesting project! Am I correct to assume you have Cyprus already?
I am looking for philatelic material on birds, especially mint stamps.
I also collect "returned to sender" covers.
Please note that Cyprus Post does not currently forward mail to Israel.

Return to “WANTED by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories or images etc.”