Why not Join the International Society of Worldwide Stamp Collectors?

Feel free to start a specific forum on *YOUR* club. List out where you meet - and WHEN. Outline how to join, how to contact the club, the name of your journal and post entire contents of each journal if you wish - with photos! All **FREE**. Societies are the backbone of the hobby and we are delighted to support them as much as we can.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

britjag
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Why not Join the International Society of Worldwide Stamp Collectors?

Post by britjag »

I just reupped my membership for the new year. Anyone else here a member?
IMG_5136.jpeg
The free stamps the society sends annually were in my space topical theme!

Two of the stamps on the cover were stamps I sent to the society to pay my $15USD annual membership fee. I left the U.S. with waaay too many mint stamps, so it’s great to use up all these random forever stamps.

The society has great circuits and bargain bin auctions, too,although now I’m in the wilds of Canada stamps here are veeeeeery inexpensive.

Interested?

Checkout their website: https://www.iswsc.org/
Collector of pre-1940 WW, soccer/football/futbol, space/sci-fi, cars/F1 and anything else shiny and cool.
britjag

Re: Why not Join the International Society of Worldwide Stamp Collectors?

Post by britjag »

That’s odd, the image disappeared!

Reposting:
IMG_5136.jpeg
Collector of pre-1940 WW, soccer/football/futbol, space/sci-fi, cars/F1 and anything else shiny and cool.
Al3
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by Al3 »

The new editor creates a nice newsletter.
Al
britjag

Post by britjag »

I agree. It has improved. You are a member then I take it?
Al3

Post by Al3 »

Yes, I am a member (number 2990?). I have not taken advantage of the circuits.
Al
britjag

Post by britjag »

Give the circuits a try.

Just got my first of the year.
ISWSC large circuit postage stamps
ISWSC large circuit postage stamps
Catweazle
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by Catweazle »

Well, I'm a member of Stampboards. Does that count? :lol:

Jokes aside, can you describe this society in a little more detail for uneducated folk like me? It's the first time I've heard about it.
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
britjag

Post by britjag »

Good morning from B.C., Canada, CatWeazle:

Here are the benefits of membership as listed on the society’s webpage at ISWSC.org:
The Circuit

ISWSC's Newsletter with articles, program updates, free ads for members and other information.

Swap Circuits

Separate circuits for commemorative, definitive, USA and CTO stamps. Receive 100 stamps, take what you want and replace with like quality material and pass it on to the next person on the list. Sign up for as many circuits as you want. Annual fee $2.00 for up to 4 circuits plus 100 stamps of the type of circuit you are joining. Get more information at our Swap Circuits page.

Catalog value exchange (Omni Exchange)

The exchange circuit allows USA members to exchange stamps on a catalog value basis by filling exchange booklets and submitting them to the exchange manager.

Sales Circuit

The sales circuit allows USA members to fill booklets with material to sell, price it yourself and we will circulate to other members in the sales circuit. Sign up to receive sales circuit booklets. Most stamps are priced reasonably at 1/4 to 1/3 CV.

Mail Bid Sale

Held 3-4 times a year, if not more often. Submit lots for auction and they will be listed. There is a 15% fee on lots sold.

Premium Circuit

Send 50 stamps cataloging at least 50 cents and receive 50 different stamps in exchange; never get the same stamp twice. Must list stamps sent by catalog number and provide postage.

Stamp ID

Our "What's It" man will help you with those mystery stamps and publish the ones that stump him in The Circuit for others to help.

Stamp Outreach

We provide free stamps to children, youth groups and other non-profit groups supporting the hobby.

Trade with other members.
The Circuit is a modest little pdf publication. It’s much improved in terms of quality thanks to a new editor in recent months. But the best thing is the mail bid sales in each issue; it was one of my main sources of stamps until I moved to semi-rural Canada, where prices for stamps just happen to be incredibly inexpensive.

The sample issue on the society’s website is from 2017 and does NOT reflect the improved quality of the publication, but you can get an idea of the sales circuits, etc.

The best thing are the swap circuits, which have quality stamps in them. They are also more trustworthy than a similar thread here on Stampboards, which I gave up on after chain letters kept going missing.

Unfortunately, self-initiated trading between members appears nonexistent— I have never traded with anyone, which is one of the main reasons I’m on Stampboards where I have several on-going trades with folks here.

That’s one of the reasons for this thread, too, — to maybe get a few society members here and vice versa.

Dues are also modest: I pay mine in surplus mint U.S. postage I have and the group needs postage stamps for its circuits etc., so it works out fine for me. Since I have those stamps anyway,I look upon the membership as “free.”

Check it out at the website: https://www.iswsc.org/index.html

And if YOU need Canada, U.S., pre-decimal U.K. or some WW and would like to trade with me let me know.

Thanks for your interest, hope the above helps.
Al3

Post by Al3 »

I will note that under the new editoor the ISWSC journal is great.
Al

Return to “CLUBS - This is YOUR Club space to use however you wish - please add your details!”